IGNORED

Southern China Air...new A380 aircraft from USA (Los Angeles)

fundudewithatude

About 2 years ago I took this airline from Los Angeles and I said no way in HELL will I ever do that again. As I searched for a flight, they came up with the perfect time with a very short layover. To my disappointment, it was good ol' Southern China Air. I looked on the equipment list and I could not believe my eyes- They replaced their very old Boeing plane on this route with a nice brand new A380!

So if you are looking for a real bargain with a great plane, this is the way to go. $1185 round trip is not bad at all

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For when is that booking set? Travel dates?

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

For when is that booking set? Travel dates?

I am booked for July 3rd, plane leaves LAX at 11:50 PM and arrive in Thailand at 10:50 AM. The flight is CZ328

Take upper deck.

+1

Took this flight in Feb....imagine the toilets in the lower deck with over 300 Chinese passengers. On the return flight, requested upper deck when checking in at BKK. It made all the difference in the world.

Yea, well... It's still China service and 400+ Chinese people and you, so for me, no thanks at any price.

But that's just me... Too many CS flights for one lifetime!

• 1 month later...

I'm taking this flight in November, do they ever bump you from the upper deck down to the lower deck? I want the upper deck but my worse fear is getting bumped down to a middle seat because they make the upper deck all business class. Do they ever do this for this flight?

I'm taking this flight in November, do they ever bump you from the upper deck down to the lower deck? I want the upper deck but my worse fear is getting bumped down to a middle seat because they make the upper deck all business class. Do they ever do this for this flight?

Please tell us about your experience after your trip.

My experiences w CS have all been horrible... But those were all flights in SEA. Will be interesting to see how you fare.

I'd expect the worst, and, hopefully, you will be surprised. :)

Curious to hear about the OP's experience....

Ok, I have arrived here in BKK and I have to say the flight was very nice. The airplane is new, it had plenty of online movies and entertainment packages and as flying goes.....it was just fine.

I really don't see the big deal with Chinese people on an airplane though. You are coming to Asia and you prefer to be on a plane with non Asian people? I find that strange to say the least.

Food was OK and the seat room on the A380 was decent. I did not find anything to really complain about....

Ok, I have arrived here in BKK and I have to say the flight was very nice. The airplane is new, it had plenty of online movies and entertainment packages and as flying goes.....it was just fine.

I really don't see the big deal with Chinese people on an airplane though. You are coming to Asia and you prefer to be on a plane with non Asian people? I find that strange to say the least.

Food was OK and the seat room on the A380 was decent. I did not find anything to really complain about....

I don't mind Asians.....it's the mainland Chinese.

Now was that a real Airbus or a copy? :Think1:

Where was your seat located at?

Where was your seat located at?

It was not on top, I stayed with the regular folks :)

How was the connection in China? What was your experience with this?

My is not a typical connection as I had something I wanted to accomplish during my layover at CAN.

So I actually left the terminate / immigration area (went through immigration and security) for about an hour to take some pictures for my future trip planning. :-)

Then went through immigration and security again to get back into the terminal area.

About 2 years ago I took this airline from Los Angeles and I said no way in HELL will I ever do that again. As I searched for a flight, they came up with the perfect time with a very short layover. To my disappointment, it was good ol' Southern China Air. I looked on the equipment list and I could not believe my eyes- They replaced their very old Boeing plane on this route with a nice brand new A380!

So if you are looking for a real bargain with a great plane, this is the way to go. $1185 round trip is not bad at all

Yep, I have taken this flight with the new plane. Great plane.  Service is still the same. Not great, not bad but the cost for this flight is perfect.  I took this same flight in May 2014 for $775 (Round trip LAX/BKK).

However the price, flight times, and total travel time is hard to beat.

I am looking at prices now to go back in November 2014 and it is around $904.

Okay so were are getting a few thumbs up for some airline called Southern China Airline.

I've heard mostly bad about China Southern Airline but based on the comments here, I might have to give that one a try.

Flew with last trip, no problems. I plan on using them again, arrives in BKK in morning.

I took the A380 from tokyo to bkk on thai air ways and the plane was brand new and empty.

there was a wifi onboard (pay). I tried it and managed to read/send email. Funny.

Easy and straight forward both times....just don't buy coffee because it is around $14 USD

regular folks also sit on top (at least for China Southern's A380)

I had an economy seat on the upper deck for the return flight to LAX...it was actually quite nice and the cute stewardess was generous with the wine

I had an economy seat on the upper deck for the return flight to LAX...it was actually quite nice and the cute stewardess was generous with the wine

Someone told me they where weird with the booze. They offer drink service the entire flight? Booze makes the flight so much better !!

Archived