Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Beggars and the poor

Phrrkh Hard

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
58 minutes ago, ex-pat said:
Still barefoot kids with those little birds in cages in Jomtien.

Feel sorry for the birds

I guess the kids don't have too many options to make a living.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kahoy said:

I guess the kids don't have too many options to make a living.

I don't think they are orphans. And the ones I see now do not look any poorer than the kids of the food sellers - which is exactly what my hunch is they are.

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, ex-pat said:

Feel sorry for the birds

when my university girlfriend took me up to the big buda, and i saw those poor birds in a little cage I asked whats up. You give 100 baht and let the birds go.  I did and she kept laughing at me and said follow me.  We went to the back and here are the guys with their cages open and the birds flying back in.   Oh well, a short holiday for them

On 8/22/2017 at 10:16, ordinary1 said:

Sometimes when I see people going through the rubbish bins.I go and stand behind them and when they turn around.I give them some baht.Feel so bad that they are reduced to doing this to live.

I seldom give to beggars, but if i see an old man or lady going through the rubbish bins to collect a few plastic bottles I always give them something.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

when my university girlfriend took me up to the big buda, and i saw those poor birds in a little cage I asked whats up. You give 100 baht and let the birds go.  I did and she kept laughing at me and said follow me.  We went to the back and here are the guys with their cages open and the birds flying back in.   Oh well, a short holiday for them
Yeah its funny the kids don't speak much English but they know "birds not fly back"

this guy? he's a menace and despite appearances not short of cash. seen him counting baht out of every pocket and then putting it in his wallet which already had 100 bht notes in it. soi buakaow is his office

59c0836d054e4_march11006(Custom).JPG.9046a344b9f31ac92161e2825c8134a1.JPG
taken march 11th but i could take the pic of him almost any day
59c08388d7a56_march11008(Custom).JPG.2932f902dbd0c0eafd686dcdd510ac84.JPG

if you don't give him anything he speaks enough english to say............you cheap charlie thai lady not go with you.
i always give him a cheery fuck off.

he can actually walk at quite a clip but when he sees a falang approaching he drops out of flank speed into slow ahead and full limp. you can't miss him he uses 1 hand out and the other to rub his belly as if he is starving and about to keel over..................which he is not....................never seen him eat anything even after collecting cash, it's onto the next sucker. plenty of thais/cambodians do a days work for small money. this fucker does zippo apart from walk his begging routes and collects far more.

here he is doing a cash count and checking his pockets for more folded june 28th near cafe pitini buakaow.............

59c08820d928b_june28008(Custom).JPG.7ee89712309cd71cb9a5317ec78b8ff2.JPG

and below july 27th outside robins nest soi diana
left hand out, right hand doing the belly rub

59c0890b91cd6_july27006(Custom).JPG.ba190117fedf8249c095df9c9fd09895.JPG
Great photos by the way, you could be a detective, even caught him counting his cash

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Great photos by the way, you could be a detective, even caught him counting his cash

that was the 2nd time. first time he was right outside cafe pitini but me and a mate were laughing so much watching from at-all i forgot to get a pic.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 hours ago, striderman said:
this guy? he's a menace and despite appearances not short of cash. seen him counting baht out of every pocket and then putting it in his wallet which already had 100 bht notes in it. soi buakaow is his office

59c0836d054e4_march11006(Custom).JPG.9046a344b9f31ac92161e2825c8134a1.JPG
taken march 11th but i could take the pic of him almost any day
59c08388d7a56_march11008(Custom).JPG.2932f902dbd0c0eafd686dcdd510ac84.JPG

if you don't give him anything he speaks enough english to say............you cheap charlie thai lady not go with you.
i always give him a cheery fuck off.

he can actually walk at quite a clip but when he sees a falang approaching he drops out of flank speed into slow ahead and full limp. you can't miss him he uses 1 hand out and the other to rub his belly as if he is starving and about to keel over..................which he is not....................never seen him eat anything even after collecting cash, it's onto the next sucker. plenty of thais/cambodians do a days work for small money. this fucker does zippo apart from walk his begging routes and collects far more.

here he is doing a cash count and checking his pockets for more folded june 28th near cafe pitini buakaow.............

59c08820d928b_june28008(Custom).JPG.7ee89712309cd71cb9a5317ec78b8ff2.JPG

and below july 27th outside Robins Nest soi diana
left hand out, right hand doing the belly rub

59c0890b91cd6_july27006(Custom).JPG.ba190117fedf8249c095df9c9fd09895.JPG

Yeah he's a menace (good word!). JH and that Couragous geezer can maybe sponsor him, they like being white knights.

Do you mean me ?  

I'm one of the most outspoken white knight critics on this forum.

BTW, I don't give freely to anyone who asks, only those I believe are really in need.

3 hours ago, just hanging said:

Really! I never knew that. But I assume a lot of them die in those cages. Maybe not at the wat, but along the beaches, etc. 

5 minutes ago, ex-pat said:

Really! I never knew that. But I assume a lot of them die in those cages. Maybe not at the wat, but along the beaches, etc. 

I actually wondered why I had seen so many bodies of dead birds along beach road.

Actual handicapped/disabled people, yeah, pocket change can always be spared, but prefer to buy a water, or 20 baht watermelon snack, etc.   Those that look capable of working, but would rather beg get nothing from me. 

An LT with me a couple trips ago told me most of the beggars are Cambodian.  Not sure if it was mentioned here in earlier pages nor how true it is.  She never grimaced when I gave to a handicapped, but could see her look when I dropped change in a typical beggars cup.  Have not done it since and followed that motto.  Unattended children also do not get my change...unless they picked it from my pocket...

36 minutes ago, George810 said:

Actual handicapped/disabled people, yeah, pocket change can always be spared.   

Unfortunately those are favoured by the gangs.  

Unattended children also do not get my change...unless they picked it from my pocket...

Next time have a look around - I bet you will spot Mom in the shadows.

I was never in pattya/thailand but many other touristic places with lots of beggars. I never give them anything since most of the time they belong to some sort of gang anyway. Its also not my responsibility to feed the few legitimate homeless. It should be the government that does this imho.

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, greggras said:

Its also not my responsibility to feed the few legitimate homeless. It should be the government that does this imho.

Do you eat lemons for breakfast?

58 minutes ago, ex-pat said:

I hate to say it, but I don't really trust anyone these days.

Id give most anyone the shirt off my back if they really needed it but after reading scams with mums w prams and babies, its hard

I'll buy someone food though

1 minute ago, chirockr said:

I hate to say it, but I don't really trust anyone these days.

Id give most anyone the shirt off my back if they really needed it but after reading scams with mums w prams and babies, its hard

I'll buy someone food though

Agreed - can't go wrong with buying or offering to buy food. 

That's true I forgot about them. But at these you don't see them in the bars any more.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Never give to street beggars in Thailand or st home. I give some money to my fav charity and I always drop a few quid into the Salvation army bucket.

dont give money to beggar gangs. 

• 1 month later...

Those who i think by the look of them can`t work i give 20-50 Baht.Children nothing because the last time i did give one to another 5 all at once came to get something.Would not leave me alone until a policeman came along and they all fled.                            Ben.

Archived