IGNORED

Beggars and the poor

Phrrkh Hard

Although I don't see too many people begging for money in Patts there still (and always) will be around. I don't give money to every beggar I see but I can't help but give away a little money on each trip I go on. sore a man on second road wearing raggs looking for cans through bins ect, I walked past him and he didn't batter an eyelid or even think of asking for money. Something got the better of me so I slipped him 200Baht, he was very appreciative and I was on my way. How many of you give people like this money? Or are against it? How much do you give if any? Just curious on people's views on this sort of thing...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give to women that look like they need a little help, some seem they are in bad health or just really look down in general...I always give something when I come across them.

Seems to be a turn on for some girls to see the guy they are with give to the needy... Seems to make them think you are good guy and 'different'.

Seems to be a turn on for some girls to see the guy they are with give to the needy... Seems to make them think you are good guy and 'different'.

Yes most of the girls do like a Farrang who gives money away freely.

Don't give money to female beggars......

This is Pattaya,there is gainful employment down the road...

Ok ok,don't all shout at once...

give little kids some clothes,drinks,ice cream if they look like they need it an cheers up their day - if their mothers are begging and they look like their upbringing is shit

I had a guy from England ask me for money on my last trip. First he asked if I spoke English. I said yes. Next he says I'm broke and don't have money for food. Can I have 100 bath? I go to reach for my baht in my pocket. Then he says i won't buy beer with it. I took my hand out my pocket and told him I was short on money myself. The goodness in me would have given it to him but he talked himself out of it.

those who are struggling to earn a few baht are the only ones I give to, not the beggars.

I do sometimes let my soft heart get the better of me and give to someone who looks like they could need it. But when you walk past the same place enough times and end up seeing different women holding a baby at the exact same place, you start to wonder...

And those blind folks walking around singing while someone walks behind them with a cup, they get nothing from me. Kids begging gets something from 7-11, never money. And i even make sure i open the soda/candybar for them so it cant be returned if they are being watched by "The beggar mafia" :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

I feel i should give money but never sure if they are real or just some con with the money going to their "boss".  These women with small children look like a set up.

I don't know how the benefits system works in thailand or even if there is such a thing?

But I tend to gave to people with no limbs etc, not all the time because you have to draw a line, but when feeling sorry or generous I don't mind splashing some cash :)

Karma yes!

Posted Image

I usually let the girl that is with me at that moment decide if someone need it or if it is fake . 

I don't know how the benefits system works in thailand or even if there is such a thing?

But I tend to gave to people with no limbs etc, not all the time because you have to draw a line, but when feeling sorry or generous I don't mind splashing some cash :)

Karma yes!

Not sure how the welfare system works their either? You see a lot of people without limbs in Cambodia, I always make small donations there... I never give money to foreigners or ladies walking around with a two year old on the boob!

give little kids some clothes,drinks,ice cream if they look like they need it an cheers up their day - if their mothers are begging and they look like their upbringing is shit

Mother's make a lot of money out of it, I saw the mother and her kids jump into a taxi around soi cowboy after their days begging, I pointed this out to the street bar owner and she said the mother always gets a taxi home; she makes a hell of a lot of money.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

If you want to give some money out in Pattaya - give it to the Father Ray Orphanage - at least you know it will be doing some good.

Problem with the kid beggars etc etc is that they give the money to the parents / gangs operating them - I have in the past provided food / water for beggars but never money.

If you give a donation to the beggars, etc every time you have the opportunity in Thailand. You could soon become destitute yourself.

Never give anything to Beggars. Never will.

You have a heart of gold-hope you or no-one in your family ever falls on hard times.

You have a heart of gold-hope you or no-one in your family ever falls on hard times.

I have had hard times, but many years ago, who helped me then? Answer to that is myself.

Highly unlikely, bordering on certainty, it will ever happen again thanks. :GoldenSmile1:

I have had hard times, but many years ago, who helped me then? Answer to that is myself.

Highly unlikely, bordering on certainty, it will ever happen again thanks. :GoldenSmile1:

"hard times" bullshit- us westerners/brits dont know the meaning compared to some of the sights I,ve seen in third world countries :wink:

I had a guy from England ask me for money on my last trip. First he asked if I spoke English. I said yes. Next he says I'm broke and don't have money for food. Can I have 100 bath? I go to reach for my baht in my pocket. Then he says i won't buy beer with it. I took my hand out my pocket and told him I was short on money myself. The goodness in me would have given it to him but he talked himself out of it.

Same thing happened to me on Soi Buakhow a couple of months ago.  He claimed to have lost his passport and all of his money but I had seen him there many times before.  He said he was English and also started by asking me if I spoke English, when I refused to give him any money he was starting to get abusive as i walked away.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

"hard times" bullshit- us westerners/brits dont know the meaning compared to some of the sights I,ve seen in third world countries :wink:

Yes, you are not alone in your past visit's to third world countries. We are all fully aware of the differences. Nice to know you think I am bullshitting, even though I didn't even say what happened??

I got such bad looks from these judgmental fat looking women when I helped a little girl close to where I was staying

I walked her across the street bought her something to eat she looked malnourished anyway didn't know nothing about the culture where I was going but shouldn't of been holding hands crossing the street together that's what my mates pointed out that was why I was getting bad stares for those fat Caucasian women, I was like it was a busy road she held my hand it was just a safety precaution

anyway help a little girl out in foreign country and judged as Mr pedo bear... I should of said something to those stupid cunts makes me rage thinking about it I really see how much I hate western views about everything all the other locals where smiling and the place I bought the meal from gave me extra for helping the little girl out they all seemed happy I did that and cost me like nothing.

I got such bad looks from these judgmental fat looking women when I helped a little girl close to where I was staying

I walked her across the street bought her something to eat she looked malnourished anyway didn't know nothing about the culture where I was going but shouldn't of been holding hands crossing the street together that's what my mates pointed out that was why I was getting bad stares for those fat Caucasian women, I was like it was a busy road she held my hand it was just a safety precaution

anyway help a little girl out in foreign country and judged as Mr pedo bear... I should of said something to those stupid cunts makes me rage thinking about it I really see how much I hate western views about everything all the other locals where smiling and the place I bought the meal from gave me extra for helping the little girl out they all seemed happy I did that and cost me like nothing.

You should see some of the looks I get when I am out and about with my 7yr old daughter. Just smile at the judgmental ones and move on, in a way I find some reactions I get to be quite amusing.

I never use quote function much, I hear you your own daughter it's really the fucked media in the west with all their programing tactics they use on their viewers... They can all go fuck themselves they really are obsessed with pedophiles and keep reminding the us all about the women getting bashed and murders and rapists all the time it's a total cock block to men everywhere making everything awkward as fuck, Know wonder it's hard to meet normal girls here they all think where all going to brutally rape and murder them they are really good at what they do though using divide and conquer techniques to control the population, I try to avoid it that shit gets so annoying they are like programed drones that keep parroting the same old shit just exaggerating more each time... I don't know why any one would watch it what's positive to get out of it...

Archived