Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Beggars and the poor

Phrrkh Hard

If you want to give some money out in Pattaya - give it to the Father Ray Orphanage - at least you know it will be doing some good.

Problem with the kid beggars etc etc is that they give the money to the parents / gangs operating them - I have in the past provided food / water for beggars but never money.

Yes, the Father Ray Orphanage will get some Baht from me every trip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but to give sometimes if they look legit. For instance I gave to a paraplegic girl who was blind in one eye from the looks of it, How could you not??

• 1 year later...

i always give dog handler who sleeps on soi lenkei 100 bath when i walk past.

also old man collecting scraps wit the long gottie beard 100

On 12/29/2015 at 5:56 AM, Merdan said:

Seems to be a turn on for some girls to see the guy they are with give to the needy..

As has been pointed out on this thread, already, you can REALLY turn them 'on' by giving your TG the money.

And she, in turn, can give it to her Thai BF/her lazy brother/gamble with it, so on.

As my father says to me occasionally "You're good hearted".

Last week out shopping I picked up a couple of small boxes of chocalate for the hotel staff.

Across from Witherspoon's on Soi Buakhao there is a legit massage shop, there is a young cute lady there that gives the absolute best Thai massage I've ever had.

After my massage ran across to the store and picked up some Magnum bars for the staff and a little bag of candies for the little boy who is in the shop.

I guess maybe it's part of being Canadian? We're very polite! 555

• 4 months later...

Sometimes when I see people going through the rubbish bins.I go and stand behind them and when they turn around.I give them some baht.Feel so bad that they are reduced to doing this to live.

I always help disabled, even though some may be working on a crew.....horrid life.  I sometimes give the old flower ladies 20 baht without taking the flowers and sometimes but them some food.  Was getting food at a cart once and saw one of the old ladies looking at food and then just buying some rice, told her to get what she wants, huge smile and she got a bunch of chicken wings, most expensive on the cart, but all good, poor lady. When I see some guys drunk out of their minds and dirty i will give them a bit, they are not gonna get out of that life, even though I dont approve of it. 

We can give someone 20 baht here, that doesn't have any money and its a huge deal for them and nothing to us

My friends and I chip in and give to an orphanage every year, we give to my Thai teacher and she picks one that no one goes to and sees what the kids want, get some food supplies, and general supplies, and ice cream and cookies, along with something else they need like shoes.  whatever the place needs for supplies then some fun stuff for the kids.  One year we rented a big two decker boat and had them go out fishing, which they cooked the fish on the boat, then monkey island etc, spent the day and some happy kids that have nothing

1 hour ago, just hanging said:

I always help disabled, even though some may be working on a crew.....horrid life.  I sometimes give the old flower ladies 20 baht without taking the flowers and sometimes but them some food.  Was getting food at a cart once and saw one of the old ladies looking at food and then just buying some rice, told her to get what she wants, huge smile and she got a bunch of chicken wings, most expensive on the cart, but all good, poor lady. When I see some guys drunk out of their minds and dirty i will give them a bit, they are not gonna get out of that life, even though I dont approve of it. 

We can give someone 20 baht here, that doesn't have any money and its a huge deal for them and nothing to us

My friends and I chip in and give to an orphanage every year, we give to my Thai teacher and she picks one that no one goes to and sees what the kids want, get some food supplies, and general supplies, and ice Cream and cookies, along with something else they need like shoes.  whatever the place needs for supplies then some fun stuff for the kids.  One year we rented a big two decker boat and had them go out fishing, which they cooked the fish on the boat, then monkey island etc, spent the day and some happy kids that have nothing

hmmm I give plenty of baht to the ladies.... not as much to the beggars.  I've had some of the flower ladies try to hustle me.  

giving to orphanage... very jai dee.

Over time i've learned to believe that "charity begins at home"

I sometimes give the old flower ladies 20 baht without taking the flowers and sometimes but them some food.  Was getting food at a cart once and saw one of the old ladies looking at food and then just buying some rice, told her to get what she wants, huge smile and she got a bunch of chicken wings, most expensive on the cart, but all good, poor lady.

Thais never miss an opportunity to sting a farang no matter the circumstances.

Anyone see that thai guy in 40s with some condition that permanently walks/staggers around pattaya begging for money? Goes down beach road every day, harasses people outside starbucks daily, ruins the coffee experience. I saw him counting his money one day, had 100s.

• 3 weeks later...

Often I would give beggars money when walking the streets of Pattaya.A girl that I had long timed ripped into me then the poor beggar when she saw me giving  away  money....she was so mean at the time I thought great I've got myself a cold hearted bitch here....

On 8/22/2017 at 13:11, scubascuba3 said:

Thais never miss an opportunity to sting a farang no matter the circumstances.

Anyone see that thai guy in 40s with some condition that permanently walks/staggers around pattaya begging for money? Goes down beach road every day, harasses people outside starbucks daily, ruins the coffee experience. I saw him counting his money one day, had 100s.

an really really old stooped over lady, selling roses for 20 baht each, for he boss is a sting?

a begger had hundreds? wow.   300 for a room 100 for food, did he have as much as 400?   he really doesnt need to eat or a room, what a jerk

I mentioned this a while ago, but four years ago I was standing on second road in front of that little side road that leads to Tim's Boutique (now called Intimate hotel). I had just arrived via taxi from BKK and it was around noonish.

I was standing there deciding what to do as the desk clerk said my room was not ready. All of a sudden I feel something tug at my arm, and I look down and some very young boy holds up a cup to ask for money. I ignored him and walked away.

Last thing I want to do is to make Pattaya like the P.I. or other places where loads of young kids hassle you everywhere you go. It's one thing for passive scammers AKA beggars to sit there by the road holding a cup and wai-ing you for money, another for roving bands of young kids hassling tourists around Pattaya.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Has anyone noticed that there no little children selling roses anymore. Obviously a good thing and no one walking around with snakes and those things what look like monkeys what are drugged up on sleeping tablets.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 9/12/2017 at 17:52, just hanging said:

an really really old stooped over lady, selling roses for 20 baht each, for he boss is a sting?

a begger had hundreds? wow.   300 for a room 100 for food, did he have as much as 400?   he really doesnt need to eat or a room, what a jerk

400 baht = around AUS $16  seriously WTF would anyone begrudge it ????

I give to those who I think need it, and I always tip good service.  hotel cleaning ladies, Laundry; and of course the TG's who make me happy.  I'm not on holiday to conform to some mean minded stingy bastards expectations.

Just now, Captain Courageous said:

400 baht = around AUS $16  seriously WTF would anyone begrudge it ????

cause the uppity farangs [only when they are here] want to keep them poor, and look down on the regular people so a beggar is the low of the low

5 minutes ago, just hanging said:

cause the uppity farangs [only when they are here] want to keep them poor, and look down on the regular people so a beggar is the low of the low

Yeah, those fuckers expect the rest of us to play the same game and normalize their meanness, I wonder how they'd get by on fuck all and nothing? 

I'm not extravagant on holiday, and I don't go without being able to afford it.

On 8/22/2017 at 13:11, scubascuba3 said:

this guy? he's a menace and despite appearances not short of cash. seen him counting baht out of every pocket and then putting it in his wallet which already had 100 bht notes in it. soi buakaow is his office

59c0836d054e4_march11006(Custom).JPG.9046a344b9f31ac92161e2825c8134a1.JPG

taken march 11th but i could take the pic of him almost any day

59c08388d7a56_march11008(Custom).JPG.2932f902dbd0c0eafd686dcdd510ac84.JPG

if you don't give him anything he speaks enough english to say............you cheap charlie thai lady not go with you.

i always give him a cheery fuck off.

he can actually walk at quite a clip but when he sees a falang approaching he drops out of flank speed into slow ahead and full limp. you can't miss him he uses 1 hand out and the other to rub his belly as if he is starving and about to keel over..................which he is not....................never seen him eat anything even after collecting cash, it's onto the next sucker. plenty of thais/cambodians do a days work for small money. this fucker does zippo apart from walk his begging routes and collects far more.

here he is doing a cash count and checking his pockets for more folded june 28th near cafe pitini buakaow.............

59c08820d928b_june28008(Custom).JPG.7ee89712309cd71cb9a5317ec78b8ff2.JPG

and below july 27th outside robins nest soi diana

left hand out, right hand doing the belly rub

59c0890b91cd6_july27006(Custom).JPG.ba190117fedf8249c095df9c9fd09895.JPG

Nice shirt, clean, nice chain, trimmed beard and hair, I would give him nothing but a sorry at best.  I give to most out of it beggars, who do need to eat and now have no other way, or some old people that are not being taken care of.  Pretty sad for me to spend 5,000 for an evening and cant let go of 10 baht to help someone

this guy? he's a menace and despite appearances not short of cash. seen him counting baht out of every pocket and then putting it in his wallet which already had 100 bht notes in it. soi buakaow is his office

59c0836d054e4_march11006(Custom).JPG.9046a344b9f31ac92161e2825c8134a1.JPG
taken march 11th but i could take the pic of him almost any day
59c08388d7a56_march11008(Custom).JPG.2932f902dbd0c0eafd686dcdd510ac84.JPG

if you don't give him anything he speaks enough english to say............you cheap charlie thai lady not go with you.
i always give him a cheery fuck off.

he can actually walk at quite a clip but when he sees a falang approaching he drops out of flank speed into slow ahead and full limp. you can't miss him he uses 1 hand out and the other to rub his belly as if he is starving and about to keel over..................which he is not....................never seen him eat anything even after collecting cash, it's onto the next sucker. plenty of thais/cambodians do a days work for small money. this fucker does zippo apart from walk his begging routes and collects far more.

here he is doing a cash count and checking his pockets for more folded june 28th near cafe pitini buakaow.............

59c08820d928b_june28008(Custom).JPG.7ee89712309cd71cb9a5317ec78b8ff2.JPG

and below july 27th outside robins nest soi diana
left hand out, right hand doing the belly rub

59c0890b91cd6_july27006(Custom).JPG.ba190117fedf8249c095df9c9fd09895.JPG
Yeah he's a menace (good word!). JH and that Couragous geezer can maybe sponsor him, they like being white knights.

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

Nice shirt, clean, nice chain, trimmed beard and hair, I would give him nothing but a sorry at best.  I give to most out of it beggars, who do need to eat and now have no other way, or some old people that are not being taken care of.  Pretty sad for me to spend 5,000 for an evening and cant let go of 10 baht to help someone

Many, actually I think all, because the gangs/mafia don't want the competition - are run by gangs. They get room and board, and are put out on the streets with quotas. I often offer to buy them food - point 'em over to cart and open the wallet to pay the seller in case they don't understand my Thai - 1/2 the time they refuse.

On 9/16/2017 at 14:39, juice777 said:

Has anyone noticed that there no little children selling roses anymore. Obviously a good thing and no one walking around with snakes and those things what look like monkeys what are drugged up on sleeping tablets.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Still barefoot kids with those little birds in cages in Jomtien.

2 hours ago, striderman said:

Yesterday I went to the ATM on the corner of Bua Kaho and Diana and he was sitting on the stairs counting money in a wallet. I saw one 500 baht note and lots of hundreds and twenties. I estimate he had close to 2000 baht.

I do take coins with me and give to those who I just to be really needy, some even get a 20 baht note. Those who I see time and time again get nothing.

Many wore down streetwalkers are addicted to drugs. Any money you may give them will just be used to buy the next fix. So if you wanna do something good for them ask if they are hungry. If so take them to the next cart and pay for their meal.

Dont give them money.

D

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Archived