IGNORED

World Snooker at Sheffield, UK

eanto

Knuckle breaker ? , I might be wrong , but I thought that was Michael Holt .

Mikeyboy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robertson played the best snooker I have seen in the world championships so far, last 3 frames where fault less

Joe perry still lead by two frames after finishing the second sessions , 9-7 , I think Joe was bit disappointed not to come away with a four frames lead (10-6) when Ronnie snatched the last important frame of the second session. All to play for tomorrow morning at 10 am.

Robertson played the best snooker I have seen in the world championships so far, last 3 frames where fault less

Agreed Robertson is a great player, was watching him talking on Telly today, he said he will play more attacking snooker than last year, that worked out for him, and bad news for everybody in the tournament . Robertson is the best potter in the world on par with Rocket, Whirlwind, and Hurricane.

Alan MacManus winning the first session with 4-3 to Ken Doherty , had to be stopped because they had no time to play the eight frame due to slow matches . Ken should be blessed with the three frame won cos he plays terrible with a highest break of 27 during the match compared to MacManus 107 break.

About time Mark Selby became world champ .    Has the game to beat anybody , but sometimes he lets himself down losing to lesser players in matches he should win comfortably .

Maybe this year he'll come good .

Mikeyboy

About time Mark Selby became world champ .    Has the game to beat anybody , but sometimes he lets himself down losing to lesser players in matches he should win comfortably .

Maybe this year he'll come good .

Mikeyboy

Never liked Selby, too cocky sometimes, smiling to the crowd when he is winning. Yeah a great player. You still in Thailand ? Mikeyboy ?

Rocket O'Sullivan finally found his form in the third session to win 13-11 to Joe Perry, Ronnie was 11-9 down , he won the last four frames including two centuries breaks on the last two . Joe Perry was unlucky to lose the lead , he made little mistakes but Ronnie was on fire on the right time to blow him away. Fair play to Joe Perry for putting a great fight and gave Ronnie a lengthy battle to remain in the tournament as a defending champion.

I was a little worried for Ronnie but the cream rose to the stop at the end.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Rocket O'Sullivan finally found his form in the third session to win 13-11 to Joe Perry, Ronnie was 11-9 down , he won the last four frames including two centuries breaks on the last two . Joe Perry was unlucky to lose the lead , he made little mistakes but Ronnie was on fire on the right time to blow him away. Fair play to Joe Perry for putting a great fight and gave Ronnie a lengthy battle to remain in the tournament as a defending champion.

Ronnie was sublime in that last session. 

On the other table Ken Doherty was rolling back the years with his attempt of a 147 but just fell short,

Barry Hawkins beat Ricky Walden in an error stricken match 13-11. Barry have to go back to the practice table to prepare for the quarter final.

Alan MacManus won 13-8 to Darling of Dublin , Doherty, Alan beating two former World Champion including John Higgins . He will be tough to beat in the quarter Final, his style of play makes other player having difficulty to find their rhythm .

Ronnie looked really pumped after beating Joe Perry , maybe the spark he needed to up his game .  Can't wait for his q/final match to start .

Mikeyboy

Ronnie looked really pumped after beating Joe Perry , maybe the spark he needed to up his game . Can't wait for his q/final match to start .

Mikeyboy

Ronnie said he made a mistake to let Steve Perry stay in Liverpool to assist Liverpool FC , then he was back before the third session to assist him to get his mind right and worked wonders , so He will be around at Crucible more time .

The Irish Times Newspaper.

Ronnie O’Sullivan admitted he had put Liverpool’s Premier League title quest ahead of his own needs after battling his way into the quarter-finals of the Dafabet World Championship.

The defending champion turned on the power to beat Joe Perry 13-11 after flirting with defeat for much of the match. He later revealed he had benefitted from a chat with renowned psychologist Dr Steve Peters after telling him not to travel to Sheffield earlier in the week so he could concentrate on his work with Brendan Rodgers’ men.

O’Sullivan told BBC Sport: “Obviously Liverpool are going for the Premier League and I know how important that is for him and for the Liverpool people.

“I have got friends from Liverpool and it would be so great if they can do it, so I’m mindful that I don’t want to take all his time up.

“I said, ‘That’s more important, I’m going to be okay’, but really I made a mistake. I could have done with him here on Thursday.

“But he said he’s not going to make that mistake again, he’s going to be around a bit more now.”

nice to see an old fav alan MacManus getting through, belive it or not it was only his second win in  world champs since 2005

Potential quarter final is Judd Trump vs Neil Robertson , If either of them wins will play possible quarter final winner Mark Selby . Ronnie playing Shaun or Fu in the quarter and play Hawskin or Dale.

Judd Grump had just beaten Ryan Day , neither of them impressed the audience tonight . Will be a great match between Neil Robertson and Judd Grump , Judd will need to improve a lot if he want to beat flawless Robertson who need one more century to get a record 100 centuries in a season.

Shaun Murphy got through to the quarter final to play Ronnie O''Sullivan tomorrow . A mouthwatering quarter final from Judd/Robertson and Murphy/Rocket . Selby playing against MacManus and Hawkins playing Dominic Dale. .

I fear McManus may be a tad out of his comfort zone against Selby.  Some good matches lined up next couple of days.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Mark Selby should beat Alan McManus every day of the week , but will he ?      Hoping he does .

As Jocky says ,  Neil Robertson / Judd Grump game should be a cracker . 

Mikeyboy 

What a strange snooker today from Ronnie match, Shaun looks like he was going 3-0 lead but stumbled by silly mistakes from Shaun , then Ronnie's confidence grew when he smelled Shaun shivers to lead 6-2 in the first session until tomorrow morning at 10am. Grump winning 6-2 in other table to Neil Robertson, I am positive Neil will come back better tomorrow . Hawkins having a good game this morning winning 6-2 to Dominic Dale, in the other table Selby leading by one frame 4-3 to MacManus which was a tense match .

Seems that Hawkins and Selby will sail through to semi final spot as expected tomorrow . Selby playing Trump or Robertson would be a fantastic match. Robertson who is 6-2 down to Trump will be back to his best in the morning, one more century break to make a hundred centuries a season is hanging over his mind, he need to forget it and focus on Beating Trump in his own game.

Selby and Ronnie got through in the second session without having to do in the final session with a score of 12-5 and 12-3 , Murphy miss on the pink and the green in the next frame was horrifying , my mother can't miss that pink. Lol.

The last quarter final tonight between Trump and Robertson (9-6) , Trump still has a lot of work to do to win tonight . Barry Hawkins finally won the decider after Dominic Dale won the first seven frames in succession before Barry won the last two to make 13-12. You gotta feel sorry for Dominic for his loss , was his best performance since he turned into a professional .

What a unbelievable comeback from Thunder from Down Under , 11-8 down to Trump to win 13-11 . He made a century break that has been hanging on his mind for bit too long to make 100 centuries in a season. If Robertson play like he did tonight, he will win the World Championship without a shadow of doubt.

Archived