IGNORED

World Snooker at Sheffield, UK

eanto

I don't know why this is in the sports section 55

So is Ronnie gonna make it 3 in a row?  he certainly has the talent and if his mind's straight he'll take some beating.  35 mins to the off!!  Glad Ebdon didn't qualify (too boring) and looking forward to a bit of Trump (not Donald) magic.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy Billy Bingham to win the World Championship, Ronnie the Rocket got a flying start to defend his title 7-2 to Hull.Hoping for Trump not to win the championship , not a nice man when come to a lucky shots.

Ronnie will not be beat IMO, 

Of course i've been known to be wrong. 

Stevie

Billy Bingham facing a tough tussle with Ken Doherty in the second session , leading a slim 5-4.

Ronnie is class and the only current player I would happily pay to watch. The guy is an absolute genius on the table and he just makes the game look so easy. It looks like his mental issues are behind him after working with Steve Peters for a couple of years.

His 147 in the last frame of the Welsh Open was quality and a joy to watch. I just hope he wins this year and goes on to equal, and hopefully surpass, Hendry's total of 7 world titles. 

Ronnie is class and the only current player I would happily pay to watch. The guy is an absolute genius on the table and he just makes the game look so easy. It looks like his mental issues are behind him after working with Steve Peters for a couple of years.

His 147 in the last frame of the Welsh Open was quality and a joy to watch. I just hope he wins this year and goes on to equal, and hopefully surpass, Hendry's total of 7 world titles.

I love him too , Jimmy White and Alex Higgins was also my favourite, had steve Peters with Ronnie 20 years ago, he would have won ten or more titles , but no chance to surpass Hendry's 7 World Titles because of his age is against him, Ray Reardon was the oldest winner of the World Championship at the age of 45 in 1978. Ronnie is 38 years old, maybe he have a chance but today is a different class, over hundred professionals nowadays compared to only near 30 in the seventies .

Ronnie the Rocket had sailed into the second round without difficulty 10-4. Always difficult to play on the first round for defending champion.

I love him too , Jimmy White and Alex Higgins was also my favourite, had steve Peters with Ronnie 20 years ago, he would have won ten or more titles , but no chance to surpass Hendry's 7 World Titles because of his age is against him, Ray Reardon was the oldest winner of the World Championship at the age of 45 in 1978. Ronnie is 38 years old, maybe he have a chance but today is a different class, over hundred professionals nowadays compared to only near 30 in the seventies .

If anyone can carry on into their 40's and win a world title it's Ronnie. He doesn't seem to need the practice and competitive games to stay at a high level. Hendry mentioned this last year as he is so naturally talented. Just got to look at last year when he won after year out.

If he is selective in the competitions he plays in he won't burn out and he will be able to prolong his career.

He'll also be able to do some more shifts down the pig farm to keep is mind set right. LOL

If anyone can carry on into their 40's and win a world title it's Ronnie. He doesn't seem to need the practice and competitive games to stay at a high level. Hendry mentioned this last year as he is so naturally talented. Just got to look at last year when he won after year out.

If he is selective in the competitions he plays in he won't burn out and he will be able to prolong his career.

He'll also be able to do some more shifts down the pig farm to keep is mind set right. LOL

Absolutely , The most natural talent ever seen, will never find anybody like him . Using left hand as well is amazing. Gives him a advantage than the players who I only use one hand. When watching Ronnie making century breaks , it is like listening to the opera platying beautifully. Lol.

What a superb fight back from "The Darling of Dublin" Ken Doherty who won the last seven frames (6 today) to win the first round 10-4 to off form Billy Bingham. It was Ken first time in second round since 2006. He played superbly . No reason why he can go further in this tournament if he payed like today.

What a superb fight back from "The Darling of Dublin" Ken Doherty who won the last seven frames (6 today) to win the first round 10-4 to off form Billy Bingham. It was Ken first time in second round since 2006. He played superbly . No reason why he can go further in this tournament if he payed like today.

He played well in Kilkenny  (LK Metro) a couple of years ago as well!

Shaun Murphy won a decider frame to beat Jamie Cope .. I admit I can't stand Shaun character . A real boring personality, his experience as a former World Champion helps him to get over the winning line .

Shaun Murphy won a decider frame to beat Jamie Cope .. I admit I can't stand Shaun character . A real boring personality, his experience as a former World Champion helps him to get over the winning line .

I'm not keen on him either but I must admit it was a great green he potted in that final frame.  Not sure how I would've 'coped' in that situation 55

Would be a great final if it turns out to be OSullivan and Trump with both hitting top form,  just a shame for snooker both are complete pricks off the table.

Ryan Day had knocked Stephen Maguire out in a thrilling match which went to the deciding frame.. 10-9 . Ryan made big breaks to win the last frame. A gentleman of snooker .

A gentleman yes when he's not breaking his knuckles on the side of the table.

Ryan Day had knocked Stephen Maguire out in a thrilling match which went to the deciding frame.. 10-9 . Ryan made big breaks to win the last frame. A gentleman of snooker .

Yeah he's a nice guy but he's got eyes like Jack Palance   :OMFG:   Wouldn't like to mess with him  :)

Ronnie to win.

Nice to see Alan McManus wearing a tartan trouser , a MacKenzie clan colours. Playing fellow country man John Higgins .

Mark Selby won the deciding frame against unlucky Michael White who fought back superbly from 8-4 down to 9-9 . I like that rookie pro Michael, he will come back stronger , potential to win the World championship one day.

A shock defeat for Chinese world number three Ding Junhui by An outsider Michael Wasely in another deciding frame 10-9, Michael inexperience nearly cost him the match when he should have push the pink slowly to the corner pocket after potting the few reds and the colours , Ding made five fantastic snookers but Michael luckily got em all right then won the match with last Ding safety attempt went wrong. Michael is a good player but need to slow down between the shots.

Alan MacManus won the match against John Higgins who almost fought back to haunt MacManus, missed a easy blue to let Alan to finish the colours . Love that tussle between them. Alan is great when the balls are on the cushions.

Joe perry winning the first session 5-3 to Ronnie to let him know there will be no pushover on this match.

I'm sure gentleman Joe knows there's a long way to go 55

Archived