Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking after yourself in the streets of Pattaya

Pattaya Protagonist

I was thinking of a few tips, I hope some can be added.

- always wear decent footwear for fighting or preferably fleaing, if you cant move too fast you might as well wear steel toe caps, for laying the boot in if needed

- weapons- up to you, no advice given here

- dont get involved with drug sellers or touts- but if you do decide to, sit back and watch for 20 minutes to see whats going on, see if the farang makes it away happy etc

- carry a full sized motorbike helmet around, this is great for self defence, or even attacking someone that is hitting you, its even great to protect your head when you receive a group beating off thais

- always have a fully charged battery in your phone with police numbers saved

- ideally carry two wallets with the money split across both, or have one wallet with 1000 baht in, (just incase you get robbed) - and the rest of the money in the other wallet! Dont forget empty your wallet from all the unnecasary cards etc

- smile smile smile! If it turns physical against a load of thais, try and defuse the situation no matter what. If you are forced to attack a thai person, get out of there asap

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LaaMok

• gregkai

• Muadib

• blueboy0510

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking of a few tips, I hope some can be added.

- always wear decent footwear for fighting or preferably fleaing, if you cant move too fast you might as well wear steel toe caps, for laying the boot in if needed

- weapons- up to you, no advice given here

- dont get involved with drug sellers or touts- but if you do decide to, sit back and watch for 20 minutes to see whats going on, see if the farang makes it away happy etc

- carry a full sized motorbike helmet around, this is great for self defence, or even attacking someone that is hitting you, its even great to protect your head when you receive a group beating off thais

- always have a fully charged battery in your phone with police numbers saved

- ideally carry two wallets with the money split across both, or have one wallet with 1000 baht in, (just incase you get robbed) - and the rest of the money in the other wallet! Dont forget empty your wallet from all the unnecasary cards etc

- smile smile smile! If it turns physical against a load of thais, try and defuse the situation no matter what. If you are forced to attack a thai person, get out of there asap

How about these:

Don't be an asshole, you will almost never be in danger

Have a Thai girl at your side at all times

How about these:

Don't be an asshole, you will almost never be in danger

Have a Thai girl at your side at all times

:Good_Job::Bravo1: :Bravo1: thats a good answer good post there mate

simple really-u gotta learn kung-fu..5555555555555555555555555

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

- bring good condoms + lube

- if you see 2 thai guys fighting, dont help. just keep walking

- if spicey food makes you shit your pants, dont eat it

- dont embarrass yourself and argue over $2 fricken dollars

- dont go down dark alleys

- if you want to fight when you drink, dont drink

Edited by 17hrs2freedom

Plain and simple,dont be a fuckwit and you wont get into any trouble

Having a girl by your side at all times is NOT my idea of having a good time nor does it allow me to do whatever I want..Never had any problems here no matter what city or hour of the night and I m alone most of the time..Minding your own business and good attitude has alot to do with your safety~~

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Dont have sex with the geezars in skirts, they are bound to rob more than ya jizz

Yawn

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Um, in general if you have gotten into a fight in pattaya with anyone other than another farang, things are guaranteed to go poorly for you, regardless of what weapons or shoes you have on.

How about this: don't get into a fight, keep your wallet close, be aware, and like that other guy said: Dont be an asshole.

dont leave your room without MONEY!.........

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

I dont agree with smile smile smile , it shows you crazy for thai ppls

just be serious and friendly

5555555555555 How about carry an extendable baton and hit people round the canister... random people

The OP is on some strong meds....

carry a full size crash helmet everywhere you go....... thanks! I just spat coffee over my keyboard.

The OP is on some strong meds....

You beat me to it. The OP should:

Top up on his Tourrette's tablets.

Make sure the fine print in his insurance document doesn't exclude extensive injuries brought about by his own behaviour

Dont Check your Brain at the Airport when you arrive :ThankGod1:

The OP forgot to mention, a pocket full of 20 baht notes, throw them in the air while you make your escape!

carry a full size crash helmet everywhere you go....... thanks! I just spat coffee over my keyboard.

very good :Bravo1:

Newbie53. Going on vacation or to war? :Bravo1:

We are always running for the thrill of it thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it

On and on and on we are calling out and out again

Never looking down I’m just in awe of what’s in front of me.

Newbie53,

You are talking about Pattaya and not Bagdad ????????????????????

In fact I dint even know why I reaponded to this BS post.

Cheers Mick

Fighting just isn't a good scene wherever you are. What the fucking point of it ? I am tougher than you macho junk. If you exude harmony it is evident.

The OP forgot to mention, a pocket full of 20 baht notes, throw them in the air while you make your escape!

I should point out that this tactic only works in the Beavers or Beach club table dancing bars.

• 3 weeks later...

been to pattaya many many times with and without partner and never ever ever had any sort of altercation. Me thinks there are too many drunken foreign idiots about.

LOL.

I don't have to worry because we all know I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Ego and Alcohol

First, I always walk away from trouble if I can. Second, unless you are being robbed in the criminal sense, give them what they want and thank God you did not lose more. It takes two to argue. I like the smile smile smile thing and just stay out of someones way if they want troube. I think in most csaes someone has to have a reason to be that pissed, dont give it to them.