Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bell buses

• 5 months later...

What is the time I can expect to need processing through immigration at this time of the year? Arriving January 30 at 11:05am, carry-on luggage, and wondering should I play it safe and book the 2pm Bell bus to Patts or try to make the 12pm?

I don't usually go through at that time of the day, but hell, I would chance it. I think you can get on their next bus if you manage to miss your booked one, and even if that isn't true anymore (I haven't actually had to check recently), it would still just be 230 baht lost.

Don't be afraid to take the cheaper bus if you do manage to miss the Bell one, that way you'll only have to wait till 13.00. Sure you'll have to take care of local transportation yourself once you get to Pattaya, but with only a carry-on that's not really a problem.

• Like 2

What is the time I can expect to need processing through immigration at this time of the year? Arriving January 30 at 11:05am, carry-on luggage, and wondering should I play it safe and book the 2pm Bell bus to Patts or try to make the 12pm?

I've arrived at 3.15pm and have had enough time to catch the 4pm bus which I had reserved seats on. Make sure all your immigration forms are complete to save time and pick the shortest queue. The longest wait was waiting for the baggage to come out.

Im arriving 23th february 12.10pm thinking about reserving bell bus for 2pm or rather buy a ticket when I arrive? Is it likely that there will be no tickets left?

Book a ticket, they do run out quite often around this time of the year. The only reason not to would be if you wanted to have the option of getting on the cheap bus at 13.00. But that would assume your flight is on time or early, things go smoothly at immigration, and you travel with bags that aren't too heavy, at least (or preferably only a carry-on, of course).

What is the travelling time of a Bell bus from the swampy to patts?! Cause have always taken a pvt. taxi which costs me around 1000 one way.

What is the travelling time of a Bell bus from the swampy to patts?! Cause have always taken a pvt. taxi which costs me around 1000 one way.

Wise decision, fcuked if I'd waste vacation time hanging around for a bus to save such a small amount of money.

It takes about 1.5 to 2 hours from BKK to Pattaya (depends on the traffic). The cost is about 230 to 270THB (depends on how many bags you have).

Wise decision, fcuked if I'd waste vacation time hanging around for a bus to save such a small amount of money.

I like to use Bell Bus not because I want to save some THB. It is because it is safe. I have never heard anyone complain about the Bell bus driver. I have taken taxi from BKK to Pattaya and Pattaya to Bangkok. The taxi drivers drove their taxi like race cars.

Edited by matrix123

• 4 weeks later...

I will arrive at Swampy on March 2 at 11:50am.  I'm thinking about taking the Bell Bus to Naklua.  I'm looking at their reservation form and I'm asking here, is the closest destination listed Dolphin Cycle? Thank you

I will arrive at Swampy on March 2 at 11:50am. I'm thinking about taking the Bell Bus to Naklua. I'm looking at their reservation form and I'm asking here, is the closest destination listed Dolphin Cycle? Thank you

Do you have your hotel or condo name? You should be able to find it in their web site. If not, e- mail them.

Do you have your hotel or condo name? You should be able to find it in their web site. If not, e- mail them.

yes the condo name is Golden Pattaya Condominium on Naklua Road, Soi 25.  It is not listed on their website though so I'm trying to find if they can make a stop at the Dolphin Roundabout then I can walk to the condo since I'm only carrying a carryon.  Thanks

yes the condo name is Golden Pattaya Condominium on Naklua Road, Soi 25. It is not listed on their website though so I'm trying to find if they can make a stop at the Dolphin Roundabout then I can walk to the condo since I'm only carrying a carryon. Thanks

I think it is Pattaya Golden Condominum, right? It is in the "other" section. When you pick the "drop off" point. Pick "other" not the hotel. See if you could follow what I said. You could still send them a message if you are.not sure. They usually reply back in a day. Hope that would help you. Need to go to bed now, too many beers in WS tonight.

Edited by matrix123

yes the condo name is Golden Pattaya Condominium on Naklua Road, Soi 25.  It is not listed on their website though so I'm trying to find if they can make a stop at the Dolphin Roundabout then I can walk to the condo since I'm only carrying a carryon.  Thanks

it is listed under its old name .....rachatee condotel (if its not listed, aiyara Palace hotel is next door)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Golden+Pattaya+Condominium+on+Naklua+Road,+Soi+25&safe=off&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9kvuVLjsNIP5Uoa1gIAK&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1517&bih=714&dpr=0.9#imgdii=_&imgrc=aJEykFwWL0QoUM%253A%3Bs6aTK3BvWzEK0M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.pattayafans.de%252Fgolden%252Fgoldencondo_img%252Fgoldencondo2.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.pattayafans.de%252Fgolden%252Fcondo.htm%3B800%3B600

Renting from a BM on here?

Edited by taylor1975

• 3 weeks later...

you can save about 2k by taking a bell bus to and from swampy. I have never taken it before but will be next time as I'm getting less baht for euro

I am going to try the Bell bus for the first time, in two weeks time.

It is my third trip.

Two first trips i took a taxi from the airport.

Thanks to this forum, i find out about the Bell bus.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll try it when I arrive on the 29th May, but I need to get to Jomtien so will they get me a taxi there with no extra charge? My first time trying the bell bus but as BM McGinley says we are getting less Baht for our Euro...

Cheers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'll try it when I arrive on the 29th May, but I need to get to Jomtien so will they get me a taxi there with no extra charge? My first time trying the bell bus but as BM McGinley says we are getting less Baht for our Euro...

Cheers...

.. Bell Bus' service includes a van to take you from the bus terminal in Pattaya to your hotel .. the online reservation form lists all the hotels they service.

.. if your hotel is not on their drop down list, you probably will be on your own to get there from the bus terminal .. suggest that you e-mail Bell Bus and inquire if they can add your hotel to their list of the hotels they service.

.. if they will not, maybe you can have them deliver you to a close-by hotel they do service, and make your way from there .. otherwise, take a taxi from the Pattaya bus terminal .. if you have to take a Pattaya-based taxi, expect them to take an unconscionable bite out of your ass.

.. if you are traveling with a backpack only and you really, really believe in the Buddha, you might take a motorcycle taxi from the bus terminal, for which they will take a little bite out of your ass  .. there are songteaws at the bus terminal, but figuring out how they will get you to your Jomtien hotel might be a bit ambitious .. it would probably require transfers, which could be an adventure, unless you are Pattaya-oriented.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Cheers...

If you are going to Jomtien, a better oprhion might be the Roong Reuang(sp) service.

I used it a few years ago.  It left from Suvarnabhumi and went along Sukhumvit past Pattaya, dropping passengers off at the top of North, Central and South roads and terminated at a bus station on the Jomtien side of Pratumnak. 

After that you are on your own, but it is on a baht bus route.

I don't think it is possible to book on line, but tickets could be bought at a desk near the Bell Travel collection point.

Has anyone more recent knowlege?

.. Bell Bus' service includes a van to take you from the bus terminal in Pattaya to your hotel .. the online reservation form lists all the hotels they service.

.. if your hotel is not on their drop down list, you probably will be on your own to get there from the bus terminal .. suggest that you e-mail Bell Bus and inquire if they can add your hotel to their list of the hotels they service.

.. if they will not, maybe you can have them deliver you to a close-by hotel they do service, and make your way from there .. otherwise, take a taxi from the Pattaya bus terminal .. if you have to take a Pattaya-based taxi, expect them to take an unconscionable bite out of your ass.

.. if you are traveling with a backpack only and you really, really believe in the Buddha, you might take a motorcycle taxi from the bus terminal, for which they will take a little bite out of your ass .. there are songteaws at the bus terminal, but figuring out how they will get you to your Jomtien hotel might be a bit ambitious .. it would probably require transfers, which could be an adventure, unless you are Pattaya-oriented.

Thanks Brutox for taking the time to fill me in with all the info on the Bell Bus, one question for u is that I'm staying in a condo just of Thappraya Road in Jomtien. Would u say they would drop me of there if I ask?

Thanks again...

Cheers...

There seems to be some Jomtien hotels on the bell bus list