Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Darkside Map Update

MongersMaps

Ruanburi Restaurant has also been closed for some time, but a new restaurant is opened next to it.  Sorry, can't see a name when driving by.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cafe de' Grandson is not opened but just to the left of it in the Cafe de' Grandson picture is now a Mexican Restaurant that does reasonably good burgers and ribs called Cafe Deon.  Their Quesadilla is also not bad but I find their burritos and enchiladas are over done with a minced that is over spiced and oil not drained.  Otherwise, not a bad place to eat.  Staff don't understand when ordering in English very well but the owner I presume, a Thai gal, or maybe the owners wife? She speaks and understands English very well.

Dao is no longer open.

This is Dao Food & Drink on the map that you're referring to? And now that I think on it, I remember seeing it shuttered the last few times I rode by. Thanks for the reminder.

Cafe de' Grandson is not opened but just to the left of it in the Cafe de' Grandson picture is now a Mexican Restaurant that does reasonably good burgers and ribs called Cafe Deon.  Their Quesadilla is also not bad but I find their burritos and enchiladas are over done with a minced that is over spiced and oil not drained.  Otherwise, not a bad place to eat.  Staff don't understand when ordering in English very well but the owner I presume, a Thai gal, or maybe the owners wife? She speaks and understands English very well.

Thanks for the other points of interest. I think to keep the scope of this project reasonable I'll keep the map focused on the bars of the darkside.

This is Dao Food & Drink on the map that you're referring to? And now that I think on it, I remember seeing it shuttered the last few times I rode by. Thanks for the reminder.

Yes, closed now.

Sorry for the multiple posts, should have been more thorough on the first.

Thanks for the update. Wasn't aware of some of the closures. Over the past couple of days I've taken pics of the new places and am in the process of updating the map. Another new one is The Dukes Lounge (previously known as Golden Gate). They're having their grand opening party on 30 August.

Will post again once I've uploaded the updated maps.

Let us hope that The Dukes Lounge is better than Golden Gate, which must not be too difficult.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

The online Darkside Maps have been updated to show the new bars and note ones that have closed.

Here are the links to each format.

Google Maps

Google Earth File (to view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer)

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

Let me know if you see any that have been missed.

Thanks, the location of Lucky Time Bar on Soi Nern Plab Wahn is still wrong; it is next to the closed Cockerooney's Bar.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

Dao is no longer open.

Dao Cafe or Dao Food & Drink ?

Let us hope that The Dukes Lounge is better than Golden Gate, which must not be too difficult.

555 yeah not a really high bar there

Sometimes it is not very clear from your map on which side of the road a bar is.
Mini Bar on Soi Khao Talo is on the left-hand side when coming from Sukhumvit Road (same side as Booze Lounge).
Welcome Inn (formerly Boom Boom) on Soi Khao Noi is on the left-hand side when coming from Sukhumvit Road; it has a yellow sign now.

Dao Cafe or Dao Food & Drink ?

Dao Food and Drink closest to the White Oyster.

Thanks, the location of Lucky Time Bar on Soi Nern Plab Wahn is still wrong; it is next to the closed Cockerooney's Bar.

I think you're confusing the name Lucky Time Bar with Happy Time Bar, the name of the new bar next to Cockerooney.

Sometimes it is not very clear from your map on which side of the road a bar is.

Mini Bar on Soi Khao Talo is on the left-hand side when coming from Sukhumvit Road (same side as Booze Lounge).

Welcome Inn (formerly Boom Boom) on Soi Khao Noi is on the left-hand side when coming from Sukhumvit Road; it has a yellow sign now.

Thanks for pointing out the positioning errors. There's an error range of about +-3m when using my GPS to mark the locations. Tried to correct the obvious errors, but can see I missed a few. Will update the maps shortly.

Thanks for pointing out the positioning errors. There's an error range of about +-3m when using my GPS to mark the locations. Tried to correct the obvious errors, but can see I missed a few. Will update the maps shortly.

Your map already shows a pretty good location of the bar's location on the roads, if someone can't figure out to look across the street when they are at location "X", they are beyond help. It's a bar hopping map not laser guided bombs being dropped...555.  

What would make this map more useable would be coordinates. As we all know the street layouts in Thailand leave a lot to be desired. Tried to use this map to find several of the bars and found it semi useful. At the end of the the day me an a mate had to do a lot of searching to find most of them.

Posted Image

What would make this map more useable would be coordinates. As we all know the street layouts in Thailand leave a lot to be desired. Tried to use this map to find several of the bars and found it semi useful. At the end of the the day me an a mate had to do a lot of searching to find most of them.

Coordinates are there to be found in the google map, though you do have to make a bit of an effort to find them.

Click on a pin and select more, then select send, it makes a new link you can open and hidden in that link is the coords.

You could download the gpx file of the same data and then upload into your GPS nav system.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

Alternatively, there are several programs out there that can convert map data into other file formats. My favorite is GPSBabel.

You could download the gpx file of the same data and then upload into your GPS nav system.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

Alternatively, there are several programs out there that can convert map data into other file formats. My favorite is GPSBabel.

Good idea. My problem is that my satnav is an installed option in my vehicle and don't think this can be done.

Posted Image

Good idea. My problem is that my satnav is an installed option in my vehicle and don't think this can be done.

Have you got a smartphone?

STS1(SS)

Recently a small bar "Black Angels - it is on Soi Lablae, just before Cool Retreat Bar on the left. See above Duvel's post. 

Many thanks - a great and very usefuk resource. Impossible to keep up to date as it is a changing landscape.

Recently a small bar "Black Angels - it is on Soi Lablae, just before Cool Retreat Bar on the left. See above Duvel's post. 

Many thanks - a great and very usefuk resource. Impossible to keep up to date as it is a changing landscape.

Not too hard to maintain the map with posts letting me know when someone sees something new, closed or renamed. Easy enough to snap a new pic and then update the map. You should already see Black Angels on the current version of the map.

New one just opened called Mermaids next to Mango Bar on Khao Noi

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll note the GPS location and take a pic sometime in the next few days. If anyone wants to beat me to it, feel free to post the coordinates and pic. I'll use that info to update the map.

Coordinates are there to be found in the google map, though you do have to make a bit of an effort to find them.

Click on a pin and select more, then select send, it makes a new link you can open and hidden in that link is the coords.

It wasn't too hard to convert the GPS info into a spreadsheet format. Have a look at the info in Google Sheets at this link. Let me know if that's what you were looking for.

Also, had time on my run to immigration for my 90 day report to swing by and get a pic of the Mermaid bar. There's also a new coffee/drink stop on Soi Nern Plub Whan called Sila Coffee. Both are now in the updated online maps.

Archived