Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bell Service staff threatened me, stay away!

chikevans

Wrong attitude in my humble opinion.

Traveling is about experience. Experience the travel and the journey. Nothing ever goes completeley to plan.

Accept it for what it is. Take a deep breathe and smile. Its not the end of the world. Tomorrow the sun will rise and life will go on.

So fucking what if you had a hassle. In the grand scheme of things it is a drop in the ocean. You are not the centre of the universe. Learn from the expreience.

Hey, I agree 100%. My point is whenever you tell someone who presents itself as business, that they failed to deliver, you shouldn't be afraid for your life next moment.That's what separates business from gang. It is a very rare situation, from diverse background of someone who grew up in Ukraine and lived in Asia for over a year, ultimately having landed in US. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used them on several occasions and have found them very helpful and efficient in the provision of their service I am sure your experience was an absolute one off in fact I couldn't recommend them enough ,they are a very good transport company

I have used them on several occasions and have found them very helpful and efficient in the provision of their service I am sure your experience was an absolute one off in fact I couldn't recommend them enough ,they are a very good transport company

Guess what, I had no complaints either, when things ran smooth while using Bell before, the thuggish essence came at the crunch time. As they say, you learn who is a friend at the time of the hardship.

Now there is a conspiracy theory about the OP's ethnicity? You do realise the U.S is quite multicultural? The part you may have missed and Jerry was onto it was when the OP went and tried to deal calmly but assertively (his mind) being a rude prick (the girls mind) He then threatens the boss that is going to give the business a bad reference. Now he may feel that he was treated badly but in truth he was just displaying a superior western attitude and got what anyone gets in Thailand displaying such an attitude. A big fuck off. 

You sound pissed at your own self, never mind getting into conflict with Thai business. Will try to address anyway. Your point is, since it is a Thailand, one deserves to die,if opens his mouth to protest against being duped. Do at your own will, I only warn people who aren't expecting similar treatment. You are brave enough to throw expletives left and right here, but willing to be spit in the face and walk away like a slave of Thai thugs as you are. I have no Western attitude as I was born in Ukraine, still I'd rather have that, then being pathetic western dude calling himself a Thai name and having Thai chick as a picture. You don't have an identity, get one, maybe then you'll get some courage in real life and not in the chat room.

Sure, I am the rude one, just count the number of expletives you addressed to someone you don't know. People like you will sell their own mother for a few bucks, so the truth about thuggish Thai business practice is worth nothing to you.Rest assured, I live in Midwest, so keep on running conspiracy theories of me being Asian Bell's competitor, wish you well on collecting proper royalties from their management.

"Sure, I am the rude one, just count the number of expletives you addressed to someone you don't know."

"...expletives"?

That word you're using..I do not think it means what you think it means. :)

Nonetheless, sir - you are incorrect and highly suspect in your motives. If your cause is to sway public opinion, you do not do so -- you only cast yourself in the spotlight.

well, just read through the thread and wanted to add couple details..First off, people who rave about Bell forget that they haven't faced the problem with the company like OP did to judge about Bell's culture or more likely the absence of it. I've had a similar run off with them, and gotta tell, that smiles have immediately converted into barely hidden aggression that I was barely able to subdue.. So, even more surprising the reaction of members such as Mr. Lek and Woofie, which definitely smells as badly hidden attempt to smear OP for no particular reason..At least OP brough the arguments to his defence. MR.Lek, Woffie, where are your arguments to back up the greatness of the service if you haven't run into any issues..The point that you are missing, is that OP didn't dispute the quality of the service , he alarmed everyone of Bells reaction when their service fails, which I am witness to as well..Mr. Lek, Woofie, appreciate you as veteran forum members getting a possible cut from Bell's proceeds, but have some dignity not to smear fair reports for the sake of personal profit.

"Sure, I am the rude one, just count the number of expletives you addressed to someone you don't know."

"...expletives"?

That word you're using..I do not think it means what you think it means. :)

Nonetheless, sir - you are incorrect and highly suspect in your motives. If your cause is to sway public opinion, you do not do so -- you only cast yourself in the spotlight.

You are the one with a hidden agenda. Don't turn tables, it is not even cool..I am done talking, I never meant to turn it into dispute.

Wow, did the OP missed his aim by starting this thread LOL

Paid 230 online to make the reservation to pick me up. This is the new reservations stem they put in place a year ago I think. So how come the op expected to be picked up if he had not made a paid reservation? So why did he tell the lady at the counter not to sell you a ticket? You already had a voucher I guess<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Very good questions!   Yes, I paid online, and never gotten picked up..Now, the most interesting is ahead. By time I got to bus station on my own, the bus was gone. The short and chunky druggy from Bell who attacked me, went over to bus counters and prohibited lady at the counter to sell me ticket for the next bus ( !!!!), just purely putting verbal pressure on her. And she listened! Which I certainly can't blame her for..The guy tried to punch me,I retreated and blocked myself with a bag in front of me, then he stepped back for a minute and attempted to talk some other dudes into assaulting me..It was a nightmare for a good 15 minutes, until I finally left the premises and caught a cab on Sukhumvit!

....Mr. Lek, Woofie, appreciate you as veteran forum members getting a possible cut from Bell's proceeds, but have some dignity not to smear fair reports for the sake of personal profit.

AH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's a good one - wowsers, really - that's some funny stuff. They should have picked you instead of Colbert...

What I like is that your one post since joining this site is directed at this tread, and is written in virtually the same style as the OPs.

Credibility is like virginity - you only get to lose it once.

On this thread, whatever. I think most people here realize that Thailand is a mirror, and if you are polite and friendly, you'll receive that in return. If you're difficult and demeaning, you'll probably regret it sooner than later. Up to you.

Warn us as you'd like - that's fine. We'll choose to believe what we want to anyway. Satisfied?

AH HAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, you got my attention now.Seems,you' d throw you anything just to deflect the point. No shame huh? I dare the moderators to check my IP and date of registration, so you won't blemish the members with paranoid allegations..And empty talk about mirror in Thailand..What on earth it has to do with the situation described? The business practice has the same unwritten rules all over the world, otherwise it retires its business designation. You just don't have any facts, and trying to cover it up with meaningless cliches. All that plus the dull theories you spread like cancer make only thing obvious: you have no shame!

Think that's enough guys don't you. Op has made his point, others have made theirs. Unless further comments are constructive they'll be removed and the thread closed :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 3 months later...

I have taken Bell since day one of their operations (around 2008?) ; about 10/15 times. I can see they are getting bigger , more successful and unfortunately more unfriendly. But I have never had a problem except once when they came one time slot too early to pick me up. I just called them up and the driver came over to pick me. He was pissed but nothing more than being unfriendly and unsmiling.

Bell service is the only consistently well run I can name in Pattaya! Timings are spot on ; unlike other thai services where 10mins means 1 hour! The minivan drivers are pressed to meet the times and under stress. Not a situation a thai cope well with!

OP - you missed the timing of the pickup and regardless of whose fault it was , all that was needed was a call to the company there and then they will send someone to pick you up. Having claimed to have stayed in Thailand for 1.5 years , you should know better than to confront a thai. Maybe its the usa way but the world is not the usa alone. When in Rome , do what the Romans do. Just smile ; get on your (or the next) bus and get back to the usa to write your bad review.

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

I am a regular customer with Bell and did 6 trips with them and never had a problem with any of the staff.

And moreover perfect timings of Bell service is to be appreciated.

I have used Bell Bus a number of times (last was in March this year). Never had a problem and i am sure i will use them again next January. Sorry for the experience the OP had but i am quite sure it is not happening on a daily basis. Everybody can have a bad day and misunderstandings do happen in LOS as well as in any other country.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

i have used bell several times  from airport to pattaya   never a problem  

Pretty much what the OP is saying. No problems until you have a problem, then you got a problem. Bell Bus solves problems by screwing you over a 2nd time.

• 2 years later...

Earlier we could buy ticket at airport... in my last trip in december. I was told you need to book online and come... hope this was a temporarily.... other wise bell is the best...

Cheers

MM

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well its three years since the OP's post

Have the tourist police answered the phone yet?

:GoldenSmile1:

Yes. Not the friendliest bunch. On my last trip, they started to collect people not at the service desk but near the telephone booth. I saw some Korean tourists walking up and down the whole airport trying to find the person that was handing out the tickets. Front desk guy was not interested at all in helping them out. Busy I guess. You get what you pay for and even I could tell being assertive with the front desk guy with the god complex wasn't going to get you anywhere.

Always used Bell Travel for my hotel to hotel trips, Pattaya - Bangkok and vise versa. Also used them several times for Airport - hotel transfers.

Often picked up 30 minutes early or 30 minutes late.

Always found the staff rude, unhelpful and intransigent.

Once made to buy a new ticket because I only had an electronic copy of my voucher.

Impossible to sort out problems with them over the phone, always develop the "no have English " syndrome.

Now use the 389 bus from Threppasit to Swampy. Cheaper, more comfortable, cleaner busses and more pleasant staff.

Always used Bell Travel for my Hotel to Hotel trips, Pattaya - Bangkok and vise versa. Also used them several times for Airport - hotel transfers.

Often picked up 30 minutes early or 30 minutes late.

Always found the staff rude, unhelpful and intransigent.

Once made to buy a new ticket because I only had an electronic copy of my voucher.

Impossible to sort out problems with them over the phone, always develop the "no have English " syndrome.

Now use the 389 bus from Threppasit to Swampy. Cheaper, more comfortable, cleaner busses and more pleasant staff.

that's strange , quite often I;ve never even showed them my copy of the booking. Usually I recognize the bus and just walk up and ask if the bus is for Mr mmaaarrrkkk

that's strange , quite often I;ve never even showed them my copy of the booking. Usually I recognize the bus and just walk up and ask if the bus is for Mr mmaaarrrkkk

Agree that more often than not, they don't ask to see your voucher. But, if they do, woe betide, if there's even the slightest anomaly.

Had the opposite experience with names. Mention your name and confusion reigns. Once saw a a French lady refused boarding on the grounds that the way she pronounced her name sounded different, to them, than it appeared on the booking . Bus was delayed for 20 minutes whilst it was sorted out.

The service at the Bell company is not of the same quality as it used to be.

Last year I sent them 2 mails at different times asking for some updates to their pick-up list.

I never got an answer and of course they never made any update.

One hotel I know was definitely closed 3 years ago and today it is still on the list, no joke!

The service at the Bell company is not of the same quality as it used to be.

Last year I sent them 2 mails at different times asking for some updates to their pick-up list.

I never got an answer and of course they never made any update.

One hotel I know was definitely closed 3 years ago and today it is still on the list, no joke!

Doesn't bother anyone if a old demolished hotel is not removed. However if a new hotel is not added , then there is a problem. So far new hotels are updated all the time.

Arent you just picking at them?

Thai run companies are well known for not answer emails in English. Try getting a thai to write to them.

Maybe I'm lucky in my bookings witht them but I find it difficult to name another thai that well run. They are getting bigger and growing as tourism to Pattaya has exploded over the years ; the old simple inflexible rules don't go anymore. Also the junta has and will come out with rules to make their life difficult as well. We all just have to adapt.

Used Bell Bus service 10 or more round trip times, most recently in November 2016.  Never had a problem or issue.  On the other stops at hotels on way to station, they stop, get out, ask hotels staff if anyone waiting for bus, if nothing in a few minutes, Yes, they will continue on their route and get the rest of their prompt paying customers to their bus on time, so do beware of that and be ready 10 minutes prior to scheduled pickup just to be safe, but otherwise, it has been very economical and logistically sound through the years.

Thanks for posting Op, if others chime in and experience the same, it will become known and people will stop using them, but so far, it seems they have decent reputability.  Being a constant user of their service, I will be following this thread to see if anyone else has a bad experience. 

Archived