IGNORED

Bell Service staff threatened me, stay away!

chikevans

Lose the American mindset and don't get upset about something futile as a transfer from your hotel to the bus station

that doesn't show up . Transfer not there , hop in a song taew and get there yourself ... after all TIT . 

Trying to tell a Thai (in English i assume) in an assertive way HE did something wrong is talking to deaf man's ears

and asking for problems  . A year and a half in Thailand you should know by now . 

I'm here 5 years , speak enough Thai to get around and know how to deal with the Thai people . I know when to swallow

my pride and when it's time to back off . Number 1 is never start a fight or give them reason to start one  .  

So yes i guess i'm the smart one ... as i never had to call the tourist police in these 5 years . 

You got a point this time..Thanks for advice. It is just I won't be surprised if it happened on streets but not somewhere that presents itself as nearly a franchise, and that's the lesson, I guess.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit rude at the Airport  me trying to buy a ticket.

I think you are supposed to prebook online or by phone. There are other options, but if I arrive when they are running I would rather use them and save 800baht on a taxi. Only used them a three times but seemed an efficient set up.

I used them few times before as well, though seemed rude but never a problem..Well, this time around I had a problem, that where the title stems from. Or I should let them do it 10 more times before warning anyone? The crazy is in charge of service in Patts, or at least that's what he yelled, he felt powerful enough to go to bus ticket counters to intimidate girls not to sell the bus ticket..Once again, no aggression on my end. The word "Bad" in combo with drugs ( no doubt in my mind about that) set him off, to the point that younger Thai guy, staying by the entrance and trying to hold him, rolled his finger around temple implying Bell fella was nuts..Sorry, if I hurt anyone's feeling, however I spent 1.5 years in Pattaya (4 visits) and never got in any trouble, so I know what crazy means.

Ok, you got my attention now.... Like many others, used them a number of times and found them very good compared to alternatives... But, that was in the past. Personally, have not used them in over a year. Good to know if things have changed. Thanks for posting .... Helps to know if there are potentially issues w a previously reliable service.

Quietguy You can turn up off the plane go downstairs and buy a ticket at there desk  , yes you can like I did .

Quietguy You can turn up off the plane go downstairs and buy a ticket at there desk  , yes you can like I did .

You can if they have empty seats, but they do say you should prebook if you want to guarantee you will get a seat.

You can if they have empty seats, but they do say you should prebook if you want to guarantee you will get a seat.

Sure you can, though you'll see this little scrounger coming at you to explain you can't hop on this one 'cause it's sold out already (but he could look more carefully...with a small tip of course). I can't get used to it, those suckers piss me off. C'mon, it's an international airport for God's sake.

C'mon, it's an international airport for God's sake.

But This is Thailand! :D  

I have used them on several occasions and have found them very helpful and efficient in the provision of their service I am sure your experience was an absolute one off in fact I couldn't recommend them enough ,they are a very good transport company

I prebooked and paid my busticket from airport to Pattaya with Bell online for 230 baht.

Arrived at Gate 8 just 10 minutes prior to departure and jumped on the bus and sat on my prebooked seat without any problems!

Changed to a minivan at Pattaya Northern Bus Terminal that took me to my destination, no problems what soever and very fast!

Prebooking is essential though if you wanna get a seat at High Season or you'll have to wait an hour or two  for the next one, or take the other busline that will drop you off at Sukhumvit Rd or take you to their office in Chomthien.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

People starting threads like this always state they do it 'to warn other members', some kind of community sence, so funny! And in most cases they end up promoting the business they wanted to harm :-)

It's the way it always works.

All these sorts of threads follow the same script.

Poster discusses bad experience with a business (bar, gogo, guesthouse, etc. etc.).

Many posters chime in that they have never experienced anything bad from using the said business.

I don't think any business has ever 'suffered' based on the bad word of mouth given on this forum, regardless of what actually happened in the original complaint. Board members simply don't have that kind of 'power' and numbers to affect any business (boycotts, etc.). A large pool of customers from around the world come to Pattaya every day and every night. Many don't care or don't know about the 'reputation' of a business or past bad business practices. It is what it is.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

It's the way it always works.

All these sorts of threads follow the same script.

Poster discusses bad experience with a business (bar, gogo, guesthouse, etc. etc.).

Many posters chime in that they have never experienced anything bad from using the said business.

I don't think any business has ever 'suffered' based on the bad word of mouth given on this forum, regardless of what actually happened in the original complaint. Board members simply don't have that kind of 'power' and numbers to affect any business (boycotts, etc.). A large pool of customers from around the world come to Pattaya every day and every night. Many don't care or don't know about the 'reputation' of a business or past bad business practices. It is what it is.

not to mention that most people who start threads like that are just crybabies...... been bullied as kids and now in the anonymity that the internet provides think that they have the power to sink businesses with their over the top stories...pathetic really!

I think you are right about numbers. However I also think reviews can help. Some businesses have become established by using PA and other sites.

The web works in strange ways. Although true anyone can write a load of made up rubbish about a business (we try to weed them out but it's not always possible) if it is not the case people will come on and say they had a great time/meal etc. This, as mentioned already, can turn a bad review into a good advert. However if the service is truly bad often more bad reviews will follow and some people will take heed and not visit. As you say the power is not there on one site to make a or break however it can be one of the nails in a coffin of a poorly run establishment.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I think you are right about numbers. However I also think reviews can help. Some businesses have become established by using PA and other sites.

The web works in strange ways. Although true anyone can write a load of made up rubbish about a business (we try to weed them out but it's not always possible) if it is not the case people will come on and say they had a great time/meal etc. This, as mentioned already, can turn a bad review into a good advert. However if the service is truly bad often more bad reviews will follow and some people will take heed and not visit. As you say the power is not there on one site to make a or break however it can be one of the nails in a coffin of a poorly run establishment.

I think this is true in general.

But places like Pattaya have an advantage for business owners. In that it is a very fluid environment, with people from all over the world coming to visit everyday.

A business owner can take advantage of this because no matter what bad experience a board member may have, that owner is not relying solely on word of mouth from the internet. He's also relying on walk ins and people from non English speaking countries to come to his establishment. Many of these people are unaware of the bad reviews, maybe some don't even care ('sucks to be him, won't happen to me' mentality).

I can compare that to back home. Many times I check up on Yelp for reviews of businesses. I think bad word of mouth there can definitely hurt a business, and in fact some business owners in past have tried to sue reviewers for bad reviews.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong attitude in my humble opinion.

Traveling is about experience. Experience the travel and the journey. Nothing ever goes completeley to plan.

Accept it for what it is. Take a deep breathe and smile. Its not the end of the world. Tomorrow the sun will rise and life will go on.

So fucking what if you had a hassle. In the grand scheme of things it is a drop in the ocean. You are not the centre of the universe. Learn from the expreience.

I'm calling bullshit on the OPs story. I've taken the Bell Bus round-trip three times now, and they've always been professional and courteous.

One thing - the OP doesn't write like a native English speaker. Read it again and the grammar is way off - I could easily believe the writer was Asian.

My guess is it's some bullshit story to discredit them. Why? Who knows or cares, but I'm 99% sure the OP is not telling the whole truth

"Bring in the logic probe!" - Sark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm calling bullshit on the OPs story. I've taken the Bell Bus round-trip three times now, and they've always been professional and courteous.

One thing - the OP doesn't write like a native English speaker. Read it again and the grammar is way off - I could easily believe the writer was Asian.

My guess is it's some bullshit story to discredit them. Why? Who knows or cares, but I'm 99% sure the OP is not telling the whole truth

"Bring in the logic probe!" - Sark

Now there is a conspiracy theory about the OP's ethnicity? You do realise the U.S is quite multicultural? The part you may have missed and Jerry was onto it was when the OP went and tried to deal calmly but assertively (his mind) being a rude prick (the girls mind) He then threatens the boss that is going to give the business a bad reference. Now he may feel that he was treated badly but in truth he was just displaying a superior western attitude and got what anyone gets in Thailand displaying such an attitude. A big fuck off. 

Now there is a conspiracy theory about the OP's ethnicity? You do realise the U.S is quite multicultural? The part you may have missed and Jerry was onto it was when the OP went and tried to deal calmly but assertively (his mind) being a rude prick (the girls mind) He then threatens the boss that is going to give the business a bad reference. Now he may feel that he was treated badly but in truth he was just displaying a superior western attitude and got what anyone gets in Thailand displaying such an attitude. A big fuck off. 

"Conspiracy theories", by definition, require more than one person plotting an end to something. Although it's a nice try to take the heat off the OP by turning it on me with a level of smearing usually reserved for Fox News. I just don't believe the OP, and -- having lived in the US for over 30 years, both in NYC, the Southern Midwest and Pacific -- I've seen all sorts of posts, from all sorts of people, back to my BBS days - so, I admit, it's all based on a "feel" of the language.

When I read his post, it sounded more like a local Thai person's version of English, or perhaps an Asian's perspective, if you will, than most native Americans -- primarily because of the lack of both definite and indefinite articles (the - definite, a/an - indefinite). We use indefinite articles globally in American English - defining objects, even used as a numerator ("there was an apple on the table") -- it's neigh impossible to be raised in that culture and not employ an indefinite article in a sentence. If you consider how Asian people speak English - at a basic level - it's not dissimilar to their language patterns...this is what made me somewhat suspicious. 

The part that he was a rude prick was coincidental, but not incidental. I'm not even sure it happened but I do think he has an agenda; perhaps it's that I think he's casting his net a bit wider. 

Anyway - he's had too much traction already, right?

I have used this service a few times and found it convenient cheap and more comfortable than a taxi. You even get dropped to your hotel door by a minibus driver who knows where it is! 

Bells' terms and conditions state that if you miss the bus your ticket expires so I wouldn't bother booking it in advance anymore like I used to. You can get a Bell bus ticket  at the airport .

I have used this service a few times and found it convenient cheap and more comfortable than a taxi. You even get dropped to your hotel door by a minibus driver who knows where it is! 

Bells' terms and conditions state that if you miss the bus your ticket expires so I wouldn't bother booking it in advance anymore like I used to. You can get a Bell bus ticket  at the airport .

I thought if you miss your bus for whatever reason , they will put you on the next one if a seat is available (?)

You can get a ticket at the airport, rather than book in advance, but only if there's a seat available, otherwise next one is in 2 hours - do they ever completely fill up?   

They fill up completely quite often. Though, it seems, more for the early departures.

Maybe it's those cheap redeye flights from the countries our favourite cheap charlies come from that are responsible?

"Conspiracy theories", by definition, require more than one person plotting an end to something. Although it's a nice try to take the heat off the OP by turning it on me with a level of smearing usually reserved for Fox News. I just don't believe the OP, and -- having lived in the US for over 30 years, both in NYC, the Southern Midwest and Pacific -- I've seen all sorts of posts, from all sorts of people, back to my BBS days - so, I admit, it's all based on a "feel" of the language.

When I read his post, it sounded more like a local Thai person's version of English, or perhaps an Asian's perspective, if you will, than most native Americans -- primarily because of the lack of both definite and indefinite articles (the - definite, a/an - indefinite). We use indefinite articles globally in American English - defining objects, even used as a numerator ("there was an apple on the table") -- it's neigh impossible to be raised in that culture and not employ an indefinite article in a sentence. If you consider how Asian people speak English - at a basic level - it's not dissimilar to their language patterns...this is what made me somewhat suspicious. 

The part that he was a rude prick was coincidental, but not incidental. I'm not even sure it happened but I do think he has an agenda; perhaps it's that I think he's casting his net a bit wider. 

LOL you are probably right but to be fair whether the OP is Asian or not is largely irrelevant and I thing we agree he was being a rude prick and got what he deserved. I hardly smeared you and identifying my observations with Fox news would be offensive if I had any journalistic credibility but I don't but then again neither do they. Your explanation of english defined by indefinite articles is better than the way I think of it. I always think of it as a lack of conjunctions.

I want go shop...Versus ..... I want to go to the shop. Then again I left school when I was 14 so my observations are only through experience and not education. 

• 1 month later...

Sure, I am the rude one, just count the number of expletives you addressed to someone you don't know. People like you will sell their own mother for a few bucks, so the truth about thuggish Thai business practice is worth nothing to you.Rest assured, I live in Midwest, so keep on running conspiracy theories of me being Asian Bell's competitor, wish you well on collecting proper royalties from their management.

I thought if you miss your bus for whatever reason , they will put you on the next one if a seat is available (?)

You can get a ticket at the airport, rather than book in advance, but only if there's a seat available, otherwise next one is in 2 hours - do they ever completely fill up?   

They refused to put me on the next bus, that was the first thing I asked for. As far as getting ticket at the airport, I was going the opposite way around, so that wasn't an option.

Archived