IGNORED

Bell Service staff threatened me, stay away!

chikevans

Dec.16, 2013, booked shuttle online to take me from hotel to bus station in Pattaya, nobody called or arrived to pick me up..Made my way to bus station on my own.Once there, came into Bell office to address the issue,calmly but assertively. Without listening, the girl told me to shut my mouth, the small chunky older dude next to her had blood shot eyes (yabba or ice, who knows)..Immediately realized who I was dealing with, turned around and said that will give their business bad reference. Once outside, turned around and saw that dude running at me, cursing and ready to fight..Younger guy tried to hold him, I put my bags down and was ready for worst, picked up my phone and started to dial tourist police, the crazy guy stepped back, but continued to yell crazy nonsense, then went to bus ticket counter, and told lady not to sell me bus ticket..I missed the bus anyways, so I took taxi..Came back to US, called my credit company, got money back..But that's not a point, the point is that the face of the Bell company at main bus station in Pattaya are thugs and drug addicts..Watch out!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm.. Quite interesting. I use Bell bus service for all of my trips both in Pattaya and Bangkok and have found them to be quite helpful and nice to deal with.

This could have been a one off incident and seems to be quite unusual. 

I think there are lots of emotions and judgement in your comments. There could have been something else going before you got there, or something else (not from you) may have provoked them. 

You did the right thing by pulling out of the situation.

Sorry to hear of your problem maybe it has to do with change of ownership  since ( I think ) last year . Have heard it has gone to shit since then.

I've used bell to get from bkk to pattaya and back again and had absolutely no issues. hotel door to hotel door for a prior over 300 baht. This was back in october 2013

Just used them on last trip return as all taxi service closed down for nye. No problems at all<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

never had problems with them too...... a few more posts about how we were content using the services from Bell bus and this thread might turn into promotion for them 55555 Just like the Billabong thread

No problems IME of using them.

One Thai guy has bloodshot eyes (yawn yawn) justifies the Drama Queen title? Don't think so.

So after 4 separate posts saying you were here until mid January, you left on Dec 15th as you said you would back in Nov - should we believe you anyway?  :Think1:

As usual, there's no such thing as bad press, so hopefully they're ready for the extra business they'll no doubt get.

300bt huh ? Do they have a set time they leave patt ?

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Paid 230 online to make the reservation to pick me up. This is the new reservations stem they put in place a year ago I think. So how come the op expected to be picked up if he had not made a paid reservation? So why did he tell the lady at the counter not to sell you a ticket? You already had a voucher I guess<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Use Bell service over 20 times and never had problem.

It's not their SOP to call.  The voucher indicates the time you need to be at the lobby for pick up.

OP story doesn't make sense.  Seems like there are some information that are omitted.

Chunky and yabba don't go together.

OP you should of punched on and sorted out then.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapata

I have used Bell many times and never had an issue.

Pick-up shuttles at the hotel or buses at the airport were always on time for pick-up and departure.

Hopefully your case just a weird misnomer, as I like to use Bell.

I think for a condemning title like this the OP should have included much more information.

How long did he wait for someone to call or pick up and why didn't he call them if he thinks they forgot him? I can imagine that after getting to the bus station on your own (how? on foot? by motobike taxi?) with possibly being stresses for time he overreacted a bit...

The reaction of the lady and "that dude" will not have come out of the blue I'm sure. Bloodshot eyes in one employee means the company is run by drug addicts...? C'mon man, get a grip.

The pick-up service can be quite late as they are doing their rounds. I've been picked up reliably every singel time of my 20+ bookings but some where 15min late so that I, too, started to contemplate calling a cab. I never did and they always arrived. The big bus nevers leaves before all shuttles are back so no point fretting.

Also, always have their number handy and just give the office a bell, they know where the shuttle busses are.

I think for a condemning title like this the OP should have included much more information.

How long did he wait for someone to call or pick up and why didn't he call them if he thinks they forgot him? I can imagine that after getting to the bus station on your own (how? on foot? by motobike taxi?) with possibly being stresses for time he overreacted a bit...

The reaction of the lady and "that dude" will not have come out of the blue I'm sure. Bloodshot eyes in one employee means the company is run by drug addicts...? C'mon man, get a grip.

The pick-up service can be quite late as they are doing their rounds. I've been picked up reliably every singel time of my 20+ bookings but some where 15min late so that I, too, started to contemplate calling a cab. I never did and they always arrived. The big bus nevers leaves before all shuttles are back so no point fretting.

Also, always have their number handy and just give the office a bell, they know where the shuttle busses are.

I used them few times before as well, though seemed rude but never a problem..Well, this time around I had a problem, that where the title stems from. Or I should let them do it 10 more times before warning anyone? The crazy is in charge of service in Patts, or at least that's what he yelled, he felt powerful enough to go to bus ticket counters to intimidate girls not to sell the bus ticket..Once again, no aggression on my end. The word "Bad" in combo with drugs ( no doubt in my mind about that) set him off, to the point that younger Thai guy, staying by the entrance and trying to hold him, rolled his finger around temple implying Bell fella was nuts..Sorry, if I hurt anyone's feeling, however I spent 1.5 years in Pattaya (4 visits) and never got in any trouble, so I know what crazy means. 

No problems IME of using them.

One Thai guy has bloodshot eyes (yawn yawn) justifies the Drama Queen title? Don't think so.

So after 4 separate posts saying you were here until mid January, you left on Dec 15th as you said you would back in Nov - should we believe you anyway?  :Think1:

As usual, there's no such thing as bad press, so hopefully they're ready for the extra business they'll no doubt get.

Did you miss the part he ran after me and actually did manage to push me once, before I stepped back and and tried to called tourist police, also younger guy outside did help by holding the crazy..i didn't mean to provide excitement ( see you yawning there), just warning..I was in Patts between Aug. 21 and Dec.16, to satisfy your curiosity about that.

Sorry to hear of your problem maybe it has to do with change of ownership  since ( I think ) last year . Have heard it has gone to shit since then,

Thanks,  safe travels!

Seem you acted like a bit of a prick in that office by telling a Thai guy how to run his business . 

The blood shot eyes guy (maybe drugs but more likely tired after driving buses around all night)

was not really interested in your American 'customer care' lesson and you pissed him off with

your 'assertively' approach so what where you going to expect ...

You spend 1,5 years in Pattaya and you still don't understand much of it ..... calling tourist police .... 5555 . 

People starting threads like this always state they do it 'to warn other members', some kind of community sence, so funny! And in most cases they end up promoting the business they wanted to harm :-)

Seem you acted like a bit of a prick in that office by telling a Thai guy how to run his business . 

The blood shot eyes guy (maybe drugs but more likely tired after driving buses around all night)

was not really interested in your American 'customer care' lesson and you pissed him off with

your 'assertively' approach so what where you going to expect ...

You spend 1,5 years in Pattaya and you still don't understand much of it ..... calling tourist police .... 5555 . 

Next time, when you happen to be assaulted, don't pretend calling or call tourist police, just start fighting..You are definitely a smart one !

Alternative way you can use   http://www.airportpattayabus.com/    for 134  baht    :GoldenSmile1:  you get Airco Vip bus , not to / from  your hotel, but (from Swampy some 3 stops sukhumvit rd at pattaya)  & end stop / departure  place at front  Jomtien viewtalay 1 and from those a bathbus  / taxi or motorbike to your hotel , can not cost more than extra 200 baht :Think1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I've got bloodshot eyes but I've never used drugs. More to do with age.  

Next time, when you happen to be assaulted, don't pretend calling or call tourist police, just start fighting..You are definitely a smart one !

Loose the American mindset and don't get upset about something futile as a transfer from your hotel to the bus station

that doesn't show up . Transfer not there , hop in a song taew and get there yourself ... after all TIT . 

Trying to tell a Thai (in English i assume) in an assertive way HE did something wrong is talking to deaf man's ears

and asking for problems  . A year and a half in Thailand you should know by now . 

I'm here 5 years , speak enough Thai to get around and know how to deal with the Thai people . I know when to swallow

my pride and when it's time to back off . Number 1 is never start a fight or give them reason to start one  .  

So yes i guess i'm the smart one ... as i never had to call the tourist police in these 5 years . 

A bit rude at the Airport  me trying to buy a ticket , crazy fast driver to Pattaya lack of Management care and attention obviously , very common in the travel business bad management . I think they think they have a monopoly maybe they have , don't see the point of me using them next time , have to look up more options to get to Pattaya.

Archived