IGNORED

Pattaya hotels with age restrictions and extra joiner fees

Daddee

Took a 19yo back to a hotel that I better not mention ,and they weren't going to let her in , I wasn't aware of the under 20 policy ,and I wasn't very happy about not being able to do what I had in mind to do to this girl since I bar fined her

Then my girl , the security guard , and the receptionist have a short conversation in Thai , and then my girl says everything ok , I just needed to give them 200 baht each and she could go in.

I was happy to pay to solve the problem and ended up having one of the best nights of my trip with this girl, so if you find yourself in this situation , remember this is Thailand and nearly every problem can be fixed with a little bit of cash.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a 19yo back to a hotel that I better not mention ,and they weren't going to let her in , I wasn't aware of the under 20 policy ,and I wasn't very happy about not being able to do what I had in mind to do to this girl since I bar fined her

Then my girl , the security guard , and the receptionist have a short conversation in Thai , and then my girl says everything ok , I just needed to give them 200 baht each and she could go in.

I was happy to pay to solve the problem and ended up having one of the best nights of my trip with this girl, so if you find yourself in this situation , remember this is Thailand and nearly every problem can be fixed with a little bit of cash.

Personally, I think you should name the hotel so no other BMs get extorted!

Personally, I think you should name the hotel so no other BMs get extorted!

It was the LK Renaissance , good hotel but never stayed there again because of my experience.

Brewster- Hasn't it ever crossed your mind why you pay the girl at your hotel and not in the bar. Some bars do ask Newbies for the money but it is prostitution if you pay in the bar. But if there is trouble the bar would deny they took money. There is NO prostitution in LOS.

• 2 weeks later...

When I stayed in Areca Lodge in April the notice on the desk which used to state no under 20's had changed and said no under 18's, perhaps if someone is staying there now they could take a photo of the notice and post it here to clarify the situation once and for all.

Brewster- Hasn't it ever crossed your mind why you pay the girl at your hotel and not in the bar. Some bars do ask Newbies for the money but it is prostitution if you pay in the bar. But if there is trouble the bar would deny they took money. There is NO prostitution in LOS.

If a bar collects the girl’s fee, it’s not prostitution, but pimping.

When I stayed in Areca Lodge in April the notice on the desk which used to state no under 20's had changed and said no under 18's, perhaps if someone is staying there now they could take a photo of the notice and post it here to clarify the situation once and for all.

i have contacted Areca in regards to this matter: asking if they have changed their policy, no response .

It is prostitution if you pay for sex. Prostitution in Thailand is regulated under the Act on Entertainment Places, B.E. 2509 (1966) and The Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act of 1996 which only makes reference to prostitutes under the age of 18.

My experience has been that they want to see the second person's ID when I check in. Then my guest could get the second breakfast. have you experienced a more liberal policy?

I stayed at Vogue hotel Soi Lengkee, booked my room for 2 people & always do, it costs no more normally, anyhows at Vogue I get my tickets for 2 breakfasts everyday even tho I checked in alone, also took 2 girls back from Windmill at no extra charge & both handed in there ID :)

Mate I'm staying here at the moment and havent seen the notice at either reception (Main and Evergreen). I stayed here several years ago and the notice was on the reception desk clearly visible, having said that I havent tested the water yet. 

Mate I'm staying here at the moment and havent seen the notice at either reception (Main and Evergreen). I stayed here several years ago and the notice was on the reception desk clearly visible, having said that I havent tested the water yet. 

let us know Matt, I will remove them from the list if they have stopped having that policy, thanks!

enjoy!!!

let us know Matt, I will remove them from the list if they have stopped having that policy, thanks!

enjoy!!!

Will do

i have contacted Areca in regards to this matter: asking if they have changed their policy, no response .

enjoy!!!

OK here's an update......Just asked main reception about age restrictions and have been told that girls 18+ are now allowed, recent change in policy.....HAPPY DAYS

:GoldenSmile1:

Updated May 10th 2014, Areca Lodge no longer has a "no 18-19 year old" policy.

Sabai hotels up on soi 1 and 2   500 baht

April Suites 500 baht

August Suites 500 baht

Intimate  1000 baht

lk empress 500 baht

lk renaissance 500 baht

Eastiny seven 500 baht

Areca  500 baht 

Villa Panalee, 500 baht

Mercure hotel, 500 baht

Eastin Soi 8 1000 baht if not with you at check-in

Whitehouse Condotel  500 baht

Sunshine hotel, 500 baht

Dynasty Inn, 300 baht

Siam@Siam 1000 baht

hotels that won't allow 18-19 year old girls:

Intimate

Sunbeam

LK Empress (can anyone confirm?)

Once again, for BMs new to the thread, the joiner fee above refers to a fee for a second girl (two at a time).

• 1 month later...

Tim o Tim o Tim, I am so disappointed! Tim was my number one in the universe, better than Anantara better than Marriott or Sheraton for that matter .... Well I guess the joy ride with Tim is over, i was afraid of that and here it is. Last December 2013 the cute one at front desk tells me while I was checking in "Second lady 1000 baht" i was thinking is it a rip off or what. I usual on my stays invite two of my friends to check out my room. Not at Tim any more.

Tim o Tim o Tim, I am so disappointed! Tim was my number one in the universe, better than Anantara better than Marriott or Sheraton for that matter .... Well I guess the joy ride with Tim is over, i was afraid of that and here it is. Last December 2013 the cute one at front desk tells me while I was checking in "Second lady 1000 baht" i was thinking is it a rip off or what. I usual on my stays invite two of my friends to check out my room. Not at Tim any more.

Updated May 10th 2014, Areca Lodge no longer has a "no 18-19 year old" policy.

Sabai hotels up on soi 1 and 2   500 baht

April Suites 500 baht

August Suites 500 baht

Intimate  1000 baht

lk empress 500 baht

lk renaissance 500 baht

Eastiny seven 500 baht

Areca  500 baht 

Villa Panalee, 500 baht

Mercure hotel, 500 baht

Eastin Soi 8 1000 baht if not with you at check-in

Whitehouse Condotel  500 baht

Sunshine hotel, 500 baht

Dynasty Inn, 300 baht

Siam@Siam 1000 baht

hotels that won't allow 18-19 year old girls:

Intimate

Sunbeam

LK Empress (can anyone confirm?)

glad to hear about areca,, as i'm booked in  there in november.

although if i manage to pull an 18yr old i'd probably be checking out in a bodybag  :LOL2:

glad to hear about areca,, as i'm booked in  there in november.

although if i manage to pull an 18yr old i'd probably be checking out in a bodybag  :LOL2:

you been before?

you can have anything you want...

you been before?

you can have anything you want...

it's my virgin trip in november.i've been promising myself to get there for a few years now. a late 50th birthday present to myself.  :LOL2:

been a bit worried with the curfew and other shit that's been going on.but hopefully it'll have calmed down by the time i arrive  :huh:

it's my virgin trip in november.i've been promising myself to get there for a few years now. a late 50th birthday present to myself.  :LOL2:

been a bit worried with the curfew and other shit that's been going on.but hopefully it'll have calmed down by the time i arrive  :huh:

unless things keep changing for the worse, (which some folks on here insist on predicting), things as they are are absolutely no problem whatsoever, I just came back and had a fantastic time...

I am not an all night party guy, and the issues that are going on at present did not affect me in the least...

have fun, carry a copy of your passport (color, including the visa stamp page), don't use illegal drugs, don't drive drunk, and you will be fine.

I saw that there were two LK hotels on the list, so it got me thinking. I'm planning on staying at LK Metropole, I'm assuming since they weren't mentioned that 18 year olds and 2 girls at the same time is acceptable for no extra charge? Can anyone confirm? Thanks for the help.

If i were to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

I saw that there were two LK hotels on the list, so it got me thinking. I'm planning on staying at LK Metropole, I'm assuming since they weren't mentioned that 18 year olds and 2 girls at the same time is acceptable for no extra charge? Can anyone confirm? Thanks for the help.

I'm staying there now , and 18 yo is fine , but 2 girls will cost an extra 500 baht.

Archived