IGNORED

What's Your Pattaya Diet Like?

Managed to put on half a stone onto my skinny ass marathon runner frame. For the first 3 days in Pattaya I ate all Western food, mainly from the buffets at Lek and Pig and Whistle. Didnt really eat alot though, maybe because of heat, jet lag, beer, etc. The next 11 days all Thai, with the same girl chose different places and let her choose/recommend dishes that wouldnt kill me. Also bought a load of fruit from Soi Bukahow and the big fruit stall just up from Lek. The best thing was a cube shaped solid object that you chew which tastes of fruit sugar then bin the root, kind of hard to explain but I know I will be buying a bulk of it next time in Pattaya. Next best thing was sticky rice, caramalised packed in bamboo, that the Thai girl came back with from her family; phenomenal, felt guilty at eating what was probably for her but it's often difficult to reject TG especially when she wants you to eat :Party1: . Just gone for a Thai meal (if you can call it that) with a group of friends. I had egg fried rice and pork, marinated with ginger and veg; came to £10! Extortion compared to Thai prices.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Pattaya

• Keith

• paranoidandroid123

• lvpitbear

Rarely made breakfast, so cant comment. Spent the second morning trying to find Canterbury Tales, even pointed to it on a map to a motorbike taxi driver, ended up nowhere close.

Starting from Pattaya Klang:

Head down third road towards South Pattaya. Pass the huge Exite Disco complex on your right and as the road bends towards the right turn into Soi Chaiyaphum and it's at the bottom of the street. Alternatively, approach it from Soi Bukhao and look for the 7/11 after the Butchers Arms. It's around there.

Mind you, as I've posted before, I think the place is VERY overated. I've never had a good meal there.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

It seems pretty funny to me that all the Thai people have the same default presumption about what foriegners want to eat. Here is what I get told on a daily basis:

You want fried rice?

You want KFC?

You want spicey thai style shrimp soup?

It seems pretty funny to me that all the Thai people have the same default presumption about what foriegners want to eat. Here is what I get told on a daily basis:

You want fried rice?

You want KFC?

You want spicey thai style shrimp soup?

I will answer no to each of the above questions.

Steamed rice - chicken or pork an not too spicy. :wub:

Last night I had a very nice chicken hot plate and the obligatory bottle of Singha. :P - All for 160 baht.

Alan

I like:

The Korean style BBQ where you get all your food and cook it in those bbq dishes with soup around the outside and the meat cooks in the middle. If you go into the neighborhoods you find them and it's about 200 baht per person but it's all you can eat with crabs and fish and meat and chicken and just about every vegetable and meat you can think of included.

The street pancakes where they pour the batter out in a thin pancake then cut up bananas and honey and butter and then fold it all together...DELICIOUS!

The soups where you choose your "spicy" or "mild" soup then sit down to a table full of veggies that you mix in with your soup for 20 baht...delicious.

Fresh cut fruit on the street.

The Fish Restaurants on the water where you get a killer dish that would cost you $75 in the states for 400 baht...

Almost every street vendor with the different meals... the chopped minty pork with rice expecially.

I only ever had problems with digestion when I went to an expensive restaurant out on jomtien road and spent too much money and had to take my cipro to kill the bacteria...

I've never had any problems with the street food or the cheap local restaurant food...

They have some salads that are too spicy for me, but anything with rice I can take...I just use the rice to soak it up.

Anyway, those are some of my comments...

All the best,

jH

Rice soup with an egg for breakfast

Lad Nah, Pad Krapao or something similar for dinner

Somtam for teatime

Beer Chang for supper :P What a great life

I try to skip breakfast, and usually just have a cup of three-in-one instant coffee (ideal for lazy sods like me whoc an't be bothered to think about putting sugar and milk in the cup). Lunchtimes, I eat Thai food. Anything goes now, even som tam but I prefer kway teoy with look chin. Evenings can be Asian food (e.g. korean/Japanese restaurant in Big C) or farang food (any of the places in Soi Chaiyapoon). Sometimes I have a craving to eat bland but (for me) tasty British pies such as steak and kidney or even scotch eggs.

Verbum sat sapienti est.

This trip I stayed at Robins Nest, ate breakfast there, Falang and ate thai for the rest of the day. Great time. Jon.

• 2 months later...

I'll eat a Thai dish if I am out with a BG that I want to impress (for whatever reason!), but otherwise its any Western place with a salad bar and/or recognizeable, fatty foods.

Yum.

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

Being Cajun from Louisiana we are will know for eating almost any kind of food, especially if it is well peppered, Hot and spicy. So many of the Thai dishes are fine with me. Quite a few years back the TG I was out with (on LT) wanted to eat at a Thai restaurant so I said OK. I told her to go ahead and order what she wanted and I would eat what she had. She ordered Som Tam and a couple of other dishes and when they got there she smiled real big and asked me to take a bite of the Som Tam, I took a bite and told her to order another just like it. She protested she could not eat it with all the other food she had. I told her it wasn't for her but for me. The look on her face when it came and I started eating it was priceless, I finished it off, that most certainly blew her mind.

The Thai spicy salad is a little hot but not bad, it is all about what you are raised eating I guess. Now the bugs I am not crazy about but having been all over the Far East I have eaten a lot of stuff, as long as it taste OK, then I'll eat it. Prawn Szechwan (China) with the little dark green peppers and rice on the side is another favorite of mine. Yum.

Double your pleasure! Double your fun!

Do two TG's instead of just one.

babydollsaddict.gif

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=Countdown%20to%202012!&count=down&time=1300679400000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the fresh sandwichs from "Au Bon Pain", but sometimes pineapple from a street vendor and a cappucchino sitting outside at Starbucks does the job. Later during the day I prefer thai food, at least at the beginning of my vacation. I loose some pounds during the first weeks, too. From the third week on, I tend more to falang food, so I gain all the weight I lost before. No wonder I'm a fat bastard.

i eat a lot of thai grub. after i finish playing at Insomnia i go off somewhere with the staff and eat loads of different stuff. its good and cheap. 2 dishes of whatever for 40bht beats 250bht at burger king although i do treat myself to a double whopper meal once a week!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a load of street vendor food around the LK Metro area like there is on Soi 15 in Walking St. I've not eaten up this side of town but went to Soi 15 as theres quite a few stalls.

For me its Thai all the way until the shits kick in after about 5 days (weird how this happens every time I go Thailand). Then its a Maccy's or English pub meal for a day to stodge the system as well as Immodium. Much prefer the Thai food and usually only eat twice a day as just dont have the same appetite as in the UK.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

ham and cheese sandwiches from 7/11... every day... dame i got fat..... lol...

and yes some rice and friend rice and pad see ew.. and curry.. and sir frys... and all you can eat places.. mk.. and hot pot..

thats pretty much it....

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Two meals a day versus three at home. Late American breakfast and then Thai dinner.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

probably a lot better than at home some salads and stuff pasta all sorts really including thai

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

• 1 month later...
Breakfast, either I get the free breakfast buffet in the hotel or it's Au Bon Pain. Lots of fruits b/c can't get it as fresh as I get it in NYC. Dinner, mostly seafood or local Thai flavor BTW, anyone has acquired the gourmet taste of Entomophagy aka insect eating??? :Brush_Teeth:

My fiancee tried the locusts/crickets(?) last time we were in BKK, she loves em!!!!

It's pretty good. I don't eat farang food in LOS at all hardly (maybe the odd English breakfast) and I find I eat a hell of a lot of fruit. I always get bad stomach though, I don't know if this is a result of too much beer or too much spicy food, or the different bacteria I pick up.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Breakfast buffet at the Areca Lodge, a Whopper or a slice of pizza in the afternoon and in the evening a nice T-bone or a filet mignon. Sometimes a Thai dish for a change, but I am not that much into Thai food.

It is nice to know that there is normal food. you need to keep your strength for those all night boom sessions

• 3 months later...

i like the german food in patts,or thaifood an lots of beer.

Visit My WebsiteSee you, when you see me, if you not want to see me, see for yourself.

What is the difference between the work that i do and a bucket full of shit?.........the bucket.

This is a feminist bookstore, there is no humor section.

Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we dislike.

I've had bad luck with both my wives, the first left me and the second one didn't.

Question: What do you do with 365 used rubbers? Answer: make a tire and call it a GOOD YEAR.

• 3 weeks later...