Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Long Haul Business Class for under $2K (Long Post)

Little Evil

6 hours ago, JohnSmith said:

For anyone looking to fly biz to/from US.  Singapore airlines has biz return for $2 to $3k. Overnight in SIN on outbound leg. Dates were BKK-JFK early oct w return in jan. Found on google flights but avail on SIN web site. That was 2 days ago.

I can not find what you see.  When I do a search on their webpage I get $9K for business class.  Perhaps there are some specific dates that are cheaper.  Also I was using JFK as the starting point.  None are stop overs that I found and most go thru Frankfort. 

I was using BkK as starting point. Exact dates were oct 4 w return on jan 18.  But the $2,200 fare was avail for many return dates in jan.

I thought at first it may be a google flights error but went as far as just before hitting the 'Purchase' button on the SIN web site and it looked like was really available at that price. 

Actually i did take pics of it from my laptop.

The last leg SIN-BKK is on Scoot in eco.

Screenshot_2022-08-21-22-33-05-24_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

They also had premium eco 1-way for $676 starting in BKK w overnight in SIN avail for several dates in oct. 

• Like 1

I had time and ran it.  No idea how you are getting that.  Perhaps it's because I am IN the USA and there is a different price.  But I get around 240,000 baht trying to book that.  That price is incredible.

3 hours ago, madmike said:

I had time and ran it.  No idea how you are getting that.  Perhaps it's because I am IN the USA and there is a different price.  But I get around 240,000 baht trying to book that.  That price is incredible.

Maybe try using a VPN and putting yourself in Thailand?

That said, the price may still be high if travel starts in the USA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Maybe try using a VPN and putting yourself in Thailand?

That said, the price may still be high if travel starts in the USA.

I started it in BKK rt to JFK.  I am not doubting him just wondering why I get such a different result.  it might be the VPN thing. 

I always thought it cost MORE to start the trip in BKK.

• Like 2

I always get a chubby  watching the SG ladies walk up and down the aisles with those dresses that accentuate their fine asses. 

SG is consitently known one of  of the best biz class products in the World. Far superior than any other Asian  airline in my subjective opinion. 

Edited by Ronniecruize

This was a 'Business Lite' fare so likely limited # of seats. Several other itineraries were indeed 240k.

Was going to post on Friday but went to bkk over the wenkend and completely forgot about it.

Will have a look tonight. Was looking for a friend but he has been dithering over it and hasn't booked yet so he may be out of luck.

Screenshot_2022-08-22-13-22-40-21_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

5 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I always thought it cost MORE to start the trip in BKK.

Back in the old days (like 2000-2010) it was much cheaper to have a rt bkk-lax-bkk than the reverse on EVA Air.  Same flights.  Same class.  never understood why.  No idea about now.  The methods airlines use to calculate pricing are a mystery to me.  😄

So these amazing biz fares originating in BKK on SG are still avail. Looks like only monday, tuesday & wed.

Not avail from NYC though. Lowest i saw was $9k usd lol.

They also have prem eco at $1,100 which is also a great fare.

Screenshot_2022-08-22-20-19-42-35_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

20 minutes ago, JohnSmith said:

So these amazing biz fares originating in BKK on SG are still avail. Looks like only monday, tuesday & wed.

Not avail from NYC though. Lowest i saw was $9k usd lol.

They also have prem eco at $1,100 which is also a great fare.

Screenshot_2022-08-22-20-19-42-35_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

I would have been interested in this if I didn't already have my tickets.  SG is a great airline IMO.

Never flown with SG but they have great reputation esp for their biz and first class.

Re uploading larger file size cause realize can't see the dates.

IMG20220822200413.jpg

On 20/08/2022 at 04:05, Ronniecruize said:

https://onemileatatime.com/deals/buy-alaska-mileage-plan-miles/

Anyone ever purchased Alaska miles when they have their 60% deals ? 

Looks like it would be smart to use a card that you needed to meet minimum spend on to  purchase the max amount. Alaska miles can be  converted  to 70k one way first class on Cathay to Asia and 75K first class on Japan Airlines . Pretty nice value . 

Anyone have any experience booking first /biz class fares with  CX and Japan Airlines using  Alaska miles? 

I usually buy miles at 60% bonus from Alaska. They have some of the best CX fare values. The problem is that it can be tricky booking CX with Alaska. I get the feeling CX is stingy with their awards due to the relatively cheap award pricing on Alaska. More often than not, I have to call Alaska to get awards on CX, and even then they don't always see availability even when I see it on other platforms like KVS or Asia Miles. I think it has only worked out once out of at least 5 bookings where I've gotten CX J directly from the Alaska website.

That said, JAL is often easy to book on Alaska's website. Don't often see their first class, but biz is generally an available option. I'm returning on JAL J in a few weeks. Not ideal for my route, but I'll take it for my first flight in 2.5 years. I like their bento meals and order from phone. 

• Thanks 2

On 15/08/2022 at 15:03, Luv2Phuket said:

Thanks for posting!

The ANA product at #5 didn't blow me away - it looked a lot like typical first class seating.

The Singapore product has me thinking that I need to start stocking up on KrisFlyer miles! 555

Doesn't look like it will compare with the likes of Etihad Apartments or Emirates Suites type of opulence, but still looks like a solid refresh for ANA. I flew their prior first class 3 years ago. The one that looked like Ikea faux wood paneling on the sides of the seat shell. This definitely has improved seating (wider), monitor (gigantic for a plane), and an actual privacy door. I think I'd enjoy this more an CX F, but ANA is a rarity for my routing. 

31 minutes ago, Little Evil said:

That said, JAL is often easy to book on Alaska's website. Don't often see their first class, but biz is generally an available option. I'm returning on JAL J in a few weeks. Not ideal for my route, but I'll take it for my first flight in 2.5 years. I like their bento meals and order from phone. 

You have to be careful booking JAL on Alaska's website, as it will show Mixed Cabin flights for the same rate (65,000 miles each way). Be sure to pull the itinerary up and review it closely before booking.

Recently, I shifted and started booking JAL Biz with AA miles, NOT because of problems with Alaska, but because I have so damn many AA miles and it is only 5,000 more each way. As a result, I generally use Alaska for Cathay Biz and First (if I can find it!).

I may start looking at using Alaska for Korean Air, as someone highlighted above in this thread that the high rate is actually for a RT booking, not each way (although you pay that full rate if you only fly one way). With Korean starting their non-stop from LAS to ICN, it could be a very attractive redemption for me, since it would cut out the positioning flight into LAX, SFO or ORD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ive always had trouble getting value from Alaska living so far from their hubs. Some cathay flights fly out of YYZ but they are usually scooped up quick and are non existent now. I have to admit ive used alaska miles to book hotels. Currently have two accounts with 65k each and i plan on building them a bit and hopefully using them for flights but any time i do it requires a separate positioning flight or even two if im not booked out of YYZ

Years ago i even contacted one of those miles selling services and got ripped off. They had me book a flight for a dude from JFK to BKK 3 days out and then they stopped answering their phone and never paid me. Peter Y if you're reading this stop dealing with those guys...

Another blog on first class products:

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/first-class-with-points-miles/

I think the statement about JAL first being only 70,000 Alaska miles must be typo. The last time I searched, business class on JAL was 65,000 Alaska miles. I find it hard to believe that JAL first is only 5,000 more miles.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Another blog on first class products:

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/first-class-with-points-miles/

I think the statement about JAL first being only 70,000 Alaska miles must be typo. The last time I searched, business class on JAL was 65,000 Alaska miles. I find it hard to believe that JAL first is only 5,000 more miles.

Any experience flying JAL biz ? It looks very unique and excellent. Looks like a great " experience ", with traditional Japanese style being offered. 

4 minutes ago, Ronniecruize said:

Any experience flying JAL biz ? It looks very unique and excellent. Looks like a great " experience ", with traditional Japanese style being offered. 

I fly it too much 😢    Nothing too unique though.   Typically will have Apex Biz class seat the way over the pacific.   And too often then not will have their old shell biz class seat the 7 hours to BKK

Service is outstanding..  Food is ok..  JAL lounge is terrible, IFE terrible 

but it's still better than economy 

Edited by HimBadMan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HimBadMan said:

I fly it too much 😢    Nothing too unique though.   Typically will have Apex Biz class seat the way over the pacific.   And too often then not will have their old shell biz class seat the 7 hours to BKK

Thanks for that short and concise review , "himbadman", great forum handle 😆

20 minutes ago, Ronniecruize said:

16 minutes ago, HimBadMan said:

I don't know that I would call their lounge "terrible." It is stellar compared to USA domestic lounges; it just pales in comparison to some (many?) International lounges. I love Japanese curry, so I can always enjoy myself at their lounge or ANA's.

@Ronniecruize Apex Biz seating is interesting. I am claustrophobic, so I do not like their window seating, but those seats are INCREDIBLY private. Maybe the most private business class seating that I have seen.

6 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I don't know that I would call their lounge "terrible." It is stellar compared to USA domestic lounges; it just pales in comparison to some (many?) International lounges. I love Japanese curry, so I can always enjoy myself at their lounge or ANA's.

@Ronniecruize Apex Biz seating is interesting. I am claustrophobic, so I do not like their window seating, but those seats are INCREDIBLY private. Maybe the most private business class seating that I have seen.

Their lounges in Japan are not fully open yet, so the experience is subpar giving them my "terrible" rating. The star of their 1st class lounge was the sushi bar that has no ETA on opening back up

Yes, you can still order their curry from the QR code at the table, but the lounge itself if a shell of what it was.    it's just not comfortable anymore and/or my standards are too high.