IGNORED

The Nags Head - Horse pick thread

Steven B'stard

Smart Champion 1:50 Goodwood

Adeb 4:45 Goodwood

great idea to cover non-runners.  good luck guys.

Morning All…..

Glass Slippers 15.35 Goodwood

Gloire D’Athon 18.05 Galway

GL all……..

2 hours ago, chang 1974 said:

Morning Guys 

13:50 The Grand Visir.

15.00 Rhoscolyn.

Good Luck to Everyone.

3lb penalty for you @chang 1974 555.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

image.png

Maydanny ....15.00 Goodwood 

Battaash .... 15.35  Goodwood 

Good  Luck All . 

270E038F-248E-4DCF-AAA7-5F76594B0B60.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jebb said:

3lb penalty for you @chang 1974 555.

I think a 3 week selection ban for ‘excessive use of the whip’ would be more appropriate 😆 and give the rest of us a chance!

Edited by Somchai1

17 minutes ago, Somchai1 said:

I think a 3 week selection ban for ‘excessive use of the whip’ would be more appropriate 😆 and give the rest of us a chance!

If he gets a winner today , I think he should be gelded .  chang , not the horse  !

One in already for Jebb  , Good pick  , easy win  going away 

Edited by worldpunter
add letter

Maydanny for jocky at a great price , going for his double next with Battaash  , good picking 

Congrats to winners so far.

Mogul 16 - 10 scratched so I'll bugger sigram up by picking

16 - 45 ---- Adeb

cheers

• Like 3

www.sugarcanemafia.com

There was on two winners , Jebb and myself , Baaeed 2/5 F And Maydanny 8/1 Well Done to both of us ... Froddo was unlucky , had he not changed his non runner Mogul  , he would have got a winner with a favourite rule , Passion and Glory at 2/1 F .  Back to Saturday’s from now on , might try find a big Festival Racing during August or September.  Perhaps the Ebor Festival 18th August ... 

66D2344E-82A6-4FE6-848A-2776BEDD0EA5.jpeg

F534C175-49AC-4461-89D5-F9DE8D6802CD.jpeg

B2AE76A1-4C8A-4CEA-A8CE-FA487680E5D2.jpeg

Good winner there Jock

image.png

If I don't get a winner tomorrow, I'm giving up!!!

Finest Sound 3:30 Doncaster

Flying Secret 4:10 Goodwood

Good luck all...

8 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

If I don't get a winner tomorrow, I'm giving up!!!

Finest Sound 3:30 Doncaster

Flying Secret 4:10 Goodwood

Good luck all...

Please Don’t give up , it is only a fun here , the more punters here the more fun ..  We are all bit like the brothers over the years of competing against each other ... 

Well done to jockey and jebb with there winners today 

good  price to with jockey,s  top tipping  Guys :)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, chang 1974 said:

Well done to jockey and jebb with there winners today 

good  price to with jockey,s  top tipping  Guys :)

Although I follow the races here in Oz I know virtually nothing about European racing form so my strategy has been to pick a short priced favourite and a second pick at around 5/1 with solid form. So far it is going ok. But yes I am enjoying the company and camaraderie of like minded gentlemen.

• Like 3

image.png

9 minutes ago, Jebb said:

Although I follow the races here in Oz I know virtually nothing about European racing form so my strategy has been to pick a short priced favourite and a second pick at around 5/1 with solid form. So far it is going ok. But yes I am enjoying the company and camaraderie of like minded gentlemen.

Thought the UK racing’s are very popular in Australia.. didn’t know that . What website has the best Australian racing cards and result.  I like to take a look at them . Probably it is fair for you and Froddo picking horses on your turf sometime in near future .. 

Morning gents.

Today’s picks:

14.10 Newmarket: Lady Ayresome

14.30 Goodwood: Prince Alex

Good luck guys

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Thought the UK racing’s are very popular in Australia.. didn’t know that . What website has the best Australian racing cards and result.  I like to take a look at them . Probably it is fair for you and Froddo picking horses on your turf sometime in near future .. 

No I wasn't hinting at that but the Melbourne Cup carnival late Oct and early Nov over 4 days would be a good one. The best stayers in the world come for that and I am sure you guys will know some of them. I generally use Sportsbet to look at the form. Not as comprehensive as the UK form guide but has everything I need. I am a sponsor at the local football club and there are always some good tips there as @froddo can confirm, I have shared them with the Sugarcane Mafia boys and they have had a few free drinks on me. If I hear anything today I can post on the thread.

• Like 2

image.png

They are racing at Moonee Valley today (My home patch as a youth) and it is a compact course with a short straight. Go for something with early speed and a handy position at the home turn. My dad used to say 10/1 each way forever at the Valley. 555

• Like 2

image.png

Goodwood 15.05 Wonderful Tonight.

Goodwood 15.40 Hurricane Ivor.

Good punting lads.

image.png

9 minutes ago, Jebb said:

No I wasn't hinting at that but the Melbourne Cup carnival late Oct and early Nov over 4 days would be a good one. The best stayers in the world come for that and I am sure you guys will know some of them. I generally use Sportsbet to look at the form. Not as comprehensive as the UK form guide but has everything I need. I am a sponsor at the local football club and there are always some good tips there as @froddo can confirm, I have shared them with the Sugarcane Mafia boys and they have had a few free drinks on me. If I hear anything today I can post on the thread.

Melbourne cup is a fantastic , 

Australian biggest race  , I remembered backing a Irish horse called Vintage Crop , trained by Dermot Weld , ridden by Michael Kinane . The first ever northern hemisphere horse to win the Melbourne cup 1993 … A great horse with great memories. 

The carnival is over 4 days, Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday again all at Flemington. The Cup is always the first Tuesday in November.

image.png

Moonee Valley race 4 no 5 Bedford if anyone is still awake

image.png