IGNORED

The Nags Head - Horse pick thread

Steven B'stard

Ascot for me also , looking for longer priced winners to get back on top ,

FINAL SONG   Ascot , 4.20 

HEY JONESY  , Ascot 5.00  

good luck guys 

Morning All….. Ascot has never been very lucky for me all the times I’ve been there on race days and continues to be so during this weeks selections!!! So I’m splitting my selections……

Art Man 13.00 Perth

Pythagoras 17.35 Ascot

Good Luck everyone and have a good weekend

Isle of Lismore 3:55 Newmarket

Mr Lupton 5:00 Ascot

good luck guys, trying to get something back after only one winner on 8 race card at Market Rasen yesterday. 

Sigram take a giant step to regain the championship with his 5/2 Isle Of Lismore. The only winner of the day . Well done Sigram.  Next Saturday will be the final day of a six month league . I enjoyed the longer run , I’m sure all of you do .. We will continue the same again , July to the end of December  . Glorious Goodwood week coming up next month . 

940B8C77-7162-414C-AA12-235CA7A1DE56.jpeg

2D0671ED-1D94-49D4-9ED2-B900806B43CB.jpeg

58B61DB2-8586-4260-8360-E301F02D9AB3.jpeg

30 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

Not been here for a while...here's 2 for Worc Sunday...

Buster Thomas   2.00

New Zealander  2.35

Sunday Not in our league but we will watch your horses with interest…. :High5: .. Best of luck . Come back next Saturday for a final day . Plus a new start on first Saturday of July . 

19 hours ago, BigLicks said:

Not been here for a while...here's 2 for Worc Sunday...

Buster Thomas   2.00

New Zealander  2.35

I'll get my coat on the way out guys....:ThumbDown1:

45 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

I'll get my coat on the way out guys....:ThumbDown1:

But come back Saturday  morning please 

Big Licks… i only joined the league at the start of Cheltenham and have enjoyed it big time… Jocky King doing a splendid job collating everything for us, Get back in the saddle for July!!!!

Evening lads, really enjoyed first season in the league, thanks all especially @jocky king for the excellent admin.

Looking forward with interest to the last day showdown between @sigram and @worldpunter but not ruling out @jocky king finding another big priced winner and getting up on the line to pip both by a short head

Anyway, selections for tomorrow are in the 2 big races:

Newcastle 15.30: Galata Bridge

The Curragh 15.45: Earlswood

Best of luck everyone

Morning All… as we reach the final furlong of this periods competition, just to say really enjoyed being part of the league and look forward to starting level next week …… Have a great weekend everyone

Galtee Mist 2.30 Curragh

Master Zoffany 3.20 Chester

Edited by Somchai1

Going to try my luck in Ireland with two big priced winners on our last day  , desperate to win my first ever league ,  Sigram & WorldPunter deserved where they are .  I can see a tough challenge for the next one ( July to December) .  Good luck to all involved . 

A ma Chere ... 14.00 Curragh 

Blue For You ... 17.25 Curragh 

Good morning guys , many thanks to jocky for his continued work , 

Best racing in Ireland for me today , 

GO BEARS GO    , Curragh  , 3.05 

WORDSWORTH  ,  Curragh  , 3.45 

Lets finish this one with a bunch of winners guys  , good luck all 

Morning Guys 

14:42 Chester

Gabriel The Devil.

16:20 Curragh

Njord.

And hat's off to Jocky king For doing all the hard work keeping this Going :)

14 - 25 ---- Windsor ----- Masterclass

13 - 45 ---- Newcastle ---- Mountain Brave

My thanks too for JK & all his work

On April the 4th I lost my lead after 2+ months as the weight told & the dartboard got tired. GL all fighting out the finish.

640248A7-25D2-48B1-AD79-1D5F1326D960.jpeg

Edited by froddo

www.sugarcanemafia.com

normally I don't touch these type of races with a barge pole but decided to have a bit of last day fun at Newcastle on the Vase & Plate.

Zeeband 2:55 Newcastle

Dubious Affair 3:30 Newcastle

good luck guys and thanks Jocky. It's great to see the new lads sticking around and enjoying it and will a make for another great competition from next week.

Just Noticed I got a Non Runner here is a new one 

14:55 Newcastle 

East Asia 

Good luck guys 

• Like 3

Well done to Sigram , 5th Times to win the league , WorldPunter was a close second , he had a  17/2 winner ( Go Bears Go ) but failed to catch Sigram who also had a 4/1 winner ( Zeeband ) ... Well done to both . Chang & Somchai1 had a nice  priced winner ,  ( Gabriel The Devil & Master Zoffany ) , Well Done to both .. 4 winners today is a fantastic achievement, especially on the last day . Next week , a start of a new league , July to December including Glorious Goodwood & Galway Festival , Ebor ... 

Thank you all for your valuable contributions here ... :08:

SIGRAM   :Clap9:

DBDEFC8C-4475-4214-941C-EE17358985E1.jpeg

93AEAC2D-A4D0-446A-AD1A-6A9433C773B1.jpeg

BD49CE53-C9CB-45DC-B13B-8684BD86A455.jpeg

• Like 3

Form Guide - July-December handicap over 6 miles

Run under the auspices of the Irish Turf and Weed Club - J.King MGR

1 - Sigram - Star performer with 5 wins from 6 starts. After his 2nd two starts back connections were considering gelding this colt but with this latest win his stud value has gone through the roof. Connections are believed to be fielding big offers from a Thailand syndicate. Will carry more weight but is the class of the field & will be short priced.

2 - World Punter - Steady performer who won 2 starts back & was prominent throughout lastest run & was still battling on when headed inside the last furlong, not disgraced and is respected in this. Sent for a few runs overseas with a notable efforts in the Soi Honey Queen Bee sprint where he finished first at least twice that is known. Will dispute favouritism

3 - Jockey King - Flighty performer who has won at 1/1 and 40/1 so the market offers no real clue to his prospects on any given day. Trains on a surface that is cut like baize cloth so plouging through the mud and slush of the Irish tracks may be the cause of his erratic efforts. Another who has had good results on the Thailand circut pocketing cash along the way so you can take your cue from that. Keep safe

4 - Froddo - Fractious type who bolted out front in his last outing with his big weight bringing him back to the field at the halfway point. 4th place last start flattered. Needs to return to the French circut where he greets La Poste on a regular basis and looks much happier. Each way at best

5 - PR1977 - Connections paid late entry fee for the last race but the horses had bolted. Stood out as really promising with his efforts & will be closely watched. Back to the track after a short stand at stud where he excelled. Gets distracted around fillies and mares so best in races for the boys. Expected to be there at the finish so keep safe

6 - Chang1974 - Reliable runner who has no luck so far but connections are quietly confident of a better showing in this. Another who has benefitted from exposure overseas where he hardens up and aims for a good finish. Not without hope

7 - Somchai1 - Another who was too late to the starting line to threaten last start. Looks well suited to the jumps so expect a slow start from the barriers early but will come home with a wet sail and one to watch. Breeding is a bit murky with rumours that it is by Poon out of Amons which may account for the preferance for sticky going. One of the top fancies

Acceptances are still open & it is hoped that past & new runners join in

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Congrats sigram , last day one of those , if only days 

If only my 3rd with WORDSWORTH had got in front and not snatched up in the last .What a delight it would have been knowing it was a past tip from sigram 

Well done everyone , here's to July 

1 hour ago, froddo said:

Form Guide - July-December handicap over 6 miles

Run under the auspices of the Irish Turf and Weed Club - J.King MGR

1 - Sigram - Star performer with 5 wins from 6 starts. After his 2nd two starts back connections were considering gelding this colt but with this latest win his stud value has gone through the roof. Connections are believed to be fielding big offers from a Thailand syndicate. Will carry more weight but is the class of the field & will be short priced.

2 - World Punter - Steady performer who won 2 starts back & was prominent throughout lastest run & was still battling on when headed inside the last furlong, not disgraced and is respected in this. Sent for a few runs overseas with a notable efforts in the Soi Honey Queen Bee sprint where he finished first at least twice that is known. Will dispute favouritism

3 - Jockey King - Flighty performer who has won at 1/1 and 40/1 so the market offers no real clue to his prospects on any given day. Trains on a surface that is cut like baize cloth so plouging through the mud and slush of the Irish tracks may be the cause of his erratic efforts. Another who has had good results on the Thailand circut pocketing cash along the way so you can take your cue from that. Keep safe

4 - Froddo - Fractious type who bolted out front in his last outing with his big weight bringing him back to the field at the halfway point. 4th place last start flattered. Needs to return to the French circut where he greets La Poste on a regular basis and looks much happier. Each way at best

5 - PR1977 - Connections paid late entry fee for the last race but the horses had bolted. Stood out as really promising with his efforts & will be closely watched. Back to the track after a short stand at stud where he excelled. Gets distracted around fillies and mares so best in races for the boys. Expected to be there at the finish so keep safe

6 - Chang1974 - Reliable runner who has no luck so far but connections are quietly confident of a better showing in this. Another who has benefitted from exposure overseas where he hardens up and aims for a good finish. Not without hope

7 - Somchai1 - Another who was too late to the starting line to threaten last start. Looks well suited to the jumps so expect a slow start from the barriers early but will come home with a wet sail and one to watch. Breeding is a bit murky with rumours that it is by Poon out of Amons which may account for the preferance for sticky going. One of the top fancies

Acceptances are still open & it is hoped that past & new runners join in

There is a new runner in the race if I may impose and I have a simple strategy. Go against anything Froddo picks. Congratulations to SIGRAM. 

image.png

6 minutes ago, Jebb said:

There is a new runner in the race if I may impose and I have a simple strategy. Go against anything Froddo picks. Congratulations to SIGRAM. 

Bloody hell a moderator it'll be like having the clerk of the course running in the race

www.sugarcanemafia.com