Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mr T Taxi - Problems?

999Baht

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking a mate to Patts in May for his virgin trip...does Mr T charge more baht for an extra passenger? I was solo when I used him before. Thanks for any insight

I used his service my first two trips, the first time he was bout 30 minutes late, the 2nd time he didn't show and I arranged other services. I habe heard a lot of people comment they have had nothing but great service from them, but fo rme I now always use the Secrets Taxi service.  Never had a problem with thme the last 7 trips.  a little more expensive, but well worth it for me.

Taking a mate to Patts in May for his virgin trip...does Mr T charge more baht for an extra passenger? I was solo when I used him before. Thanks for any insight

Last April I had a friend meet me at the airport then we took my Mr T taxi for no extra charge but I cleared it with them in advance so I wouldn't have a problem with the driver.

The future is full of anxiety, the past is no good to us. Only the present is real. The here and now. Seize the day!!!

I used Mr T a few days ago, was fine, waiting as agreed door 3. Driver wasn't happy I didn't give a tip. Tip for what getting there alive?

It's sad to hear some of these reports. I used to use Mr T when I used to come to pattaya years ago and was planning to use him again for an upcoming trip but will now reconsider. Maybe airport taxi will be the safest bet

I've used Mr T three or four times and have always been happy with the service.

However, considering that he is one of the busiest and most popular taxi firms among us falang, he has more drivers to juggle and as a result is statistically going to get more problems and complaints than the smaller firms!

My suggestion: Run a poll with 2 questions: 

1) Which of the following list of taxi firms have you used? (list popular firms)

2) Click if you were happy or unhappy with each taxi firm that you selected?

I'm willing to bet Mr T will have the most happy votes of all the firms. Then, for anyone not happy, they can see which firm is considered to be the best alternative option and give them a try.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

Pretty sure if you call PT Taxi you will likely get a car and driver from the same pool Mr T pulls from...  They are independent owner operators that are on call.

Your gonna have a good chance of a positive experience with any of these guys, and a small chance of a problem.

My girlfriend, who I usually ask to call Mr. T and order transport for us, received a text message from Mr. T today, with a link to PT Taxi's webpage, and their phone numbers... Has Mr. T closed shop?

My girlfriend, who I usually ask to call Mr. T and order transport for us, received a text message from Mr. T today, with a link to PT Taxi's webpage, and their phone numbers... Has Mr. T closed shop?

Email him to find out. Maybe one of his driver's numbers

One of his drivers numbers?

The text came from the phone number that normally sends a message to confirm the booking.

I will be leaving again mid next week, I will see by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like I said, the drivers are all independents who probably get work from both Mr T and PT Taxi.

there have been times, I have read here, where Mr T for whatever reason, turns down business...  He is a BM here btw, I believe...  I think he has retired and younger relatives are running the show, but I could be wrong about that...

I also seem to recall that there is some sort of relationship between PT and Mr T, although I cannot recall the details.

PT has been my go to ride source and has always done a good job.  

• 3 months later...

I have never used Mr T from the airport before, I have one question, how long does it take for Mr T to respond to your initial booking e-mail ?

Does he respond within 24 hours, or just the day before you travel to confirm ? ..or both ?

Cheers

Jinx.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

I have never used Mr T from the airport before, I have one question, how long does it take for Mr T to respond to your initial booking e-mail ?

Does he respond within 24 hours, or just the day before you travel to confirm ? ..or both ?

Cheers

Jinx.

He's always replied to me within 24 hours of making my booking, I send a confirmation email to him the day of my flight just to make sure all is ok. I have never had a problem as yet.

Bill

He's always replied to me within 24 hours of making my booking, I send a confirmation email to him the day of my flight just to make sure all is ok. I have never had a problem as yet.

Bill

Cheers Bill.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Just booked Mr T again for my next trip.... email sent at 13:55 UK time, reply recieved 50 minutes later. Pretty good service in my opinion.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Have used him about 10 times now.

8 times no problem

1 time a reckless driver

1 time a no show

Does anyone know if Mr T has any drivers who have a van in their line up... 4 guys travelling with 4 suitcases... with seperate hotel dropoffs... or should we just stick to one of the other companies (so far found a van for 2200, not sure if it includes fares)

Thinking about it, maybe just get two Mr T cars over 1 van... more room

thats if we cannot get a van from Mr T

I booked a van with Mr T in May 2012, guess he should still have it.

It cost 1600 baht from Suvarnabhumi Airport but we were all going to the same hotel in Pattaya.

Does anyone know if Mr T has any drivers who have a van in their line up... 4 guys travelling with 4 suitcases... with seperate hotel dropoffs... or should we just stick to one of the other companies (so far found a van for 2200, not sure if it includes fares)

Thinking about it, maybe just get two Mr T cars over 1 van... more room

thats if we cannot get a van from Mr T

A 7 persons Taxi should be good for 4 people and 4 bags. It cost only 1800 included toll to Pattaya. I am sure different hotels won't be a issue. And it is a taxi not someone with a vehicle to make some THB.

A 7 persons Taxi should be good for 4 people and 4 bags. It cost only 1800 included toll to Pattaya. I am sure different hotels won't be a issue. And it is a taxi not someone with a vehicle to make some THB.

I personally rather someone with their own vehicle.. As in my time I have been in some incredibly disgusting Taxi's (Specially new york!! uncomfortable as fuck and pissed off cabbies)..

But I have used Mr T 4 times, and each time the car has been spectacular, its great for the long trip thats for sure.. Especially after 11+ hours of dealing with flying and airports..

So even though a 7 person taxi sounds good... for 1800, we will probably just stick to two Mr T cars.. 

But I appreciate your suggestion :)

I personally rather someone with their own vehicle.. As in my time I have been in some incredibly disgusting Taxi's (Specially new york!! uncomfortable as fuck and pissed off cabbies)..

But I have used Mr T 4 times, and each time the car has been spectacular, its great for the long trip thats for sure.. Especially after 11+ hours of dealing with flying and airports..

So even though a 7 person taxi sounds good... for 1800, we will probably just stick to two Mr T cars..

But I appreciate your suggestion :)

Just a few questions about Mr. T. I posted in the other thread (Meow) but no one have the answer. Mr. T only use his own cars to pick up people to make a living, right? He must have insurance for his own car but it can not apply to commmercially use to carry people, right? If accident happen, the travel insurance won't cover it, right? If you plan to use Mr. t soon, can you find out the answers from him? I appreciate you help on that. Since there are a few threads about different drivers here. I would like find out so I could have more choices to travel to Pattaya (I have only taken taxis and bell bus before). Thanks.

Archived