IGNORED

Thai Food Only

I have to be honest.Some of the best Thai food Ive ever eaten is right here in my house.She can cook.

those look great skalli....... send an order over to my condo!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these posts all about the same restaurant

i love thai food and want to check some of these places out in april

No two outlets of Moom Aroy, a beach side one in Naklua, and one on 3rd Road.

Two outlets of Nong Jai, both on 2nd road.

No two outlets of Moom Aroy, a beach side one in Naklua, and one on 3rd Road.

Two outlets of Nong Jai, both on 2nd road.

A girl took me to the beachside one in naklua....nice spot, right on the water, loved it

Lengkee restaurant for me too :)

It's Thai and Chinese food what you can get there, so the best of both worlds at 1 place lol.

Many Thai and Asian people eating there too, always a good sign for the quality and price of the food !

Location: Pattaya Klang near the corner with soi Buakaow - it's open 24 hrs  every day as far as I know.

I have always found the food good and tasty here and service is also (very) fast.

Most waiters and waitresses are young, I think mostly students, they can be a bit noisy at times but Im ok with them.

The Interior is very basic and no thrills, but recently they have mounted an LCD TV in the restaurant (mostly for the staff hehe) and I saw some PL match when I was there the last time.

Last time I was there (March 2013) I was a bit hungry and I had a good dinner there around midnight.

Below 5 items cost me 330 Bath all together:

1. Tom Yam Kung

2. White rice

3. Kai Yatsai ( Stuffed Thai omelette with minced pork etc)

4. Moo Kratiem (Pork with garlic)

5. Coke light

Not a bad deal im my opinion.

They have a lot of seafood too, very fresh oysters and shrimps available you can choose your own items !

See pic attached , it's not the same meal but it was also at Lengkee, that time I had sliced duck instead of the Garlic Pork, I can't remember what I paid back then but will be around 350 Baht.

And no ..I don't have shares or any business interest or benefits from this place :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

T

lengkee-3205.jpg

Great thread. Need more quality posts like the above please. Planning on eating alot more Thai food on next trip & need ideas.

My Favourites are:

Food Carts:-

Pad Krapow moo from lady selling from cart on LK Metro evenings on Billabong coner. Day one 'Pet' by end of the trip i can do 'Pet Pet' awsome food 40 baht including fried egg.

Noodles from little sit down stall on corner of LK and Diana. Great stock to beat that hangover before it arrives!

BBQ Squid Soi Six food cart, chilli sauce is hotter than hell. Don't forget to grab some extra cucumber!

Pad Thai Again Soi Six cart is number one, although the pad thai on corner of soi diamond and Walking Street is pretty awesome too.

Sit Down Eats:-

Thai cafe next to the gold shop in soi buckhow just past soi chayapoon going away from oasis. Good food, cheap, lots of variety and worth a visit or two if you stay near Lk

Top End Sea Food

Either Mom Aroy in Naklua or the 'big Crab' restaurant on beach road Jomtien both do it for me.

To be fair i have never eaten badly from a thai cart, cafe or restaurant

My favourite dish is Nam Tok Moo... Awesome. Also partial to the Papaya salad (v spicy with raw river crab).

Usually let the girl of the day procure it from somewhere good (assuming she's from Isaan) - strange that some of the girls will walk quite a way to go a specific street vendor.

Phad pik pow gai from the tin cup on soi Bukhaow 35 baht-arroy maak maak :GoldenSmile1:

I like the Nongjai restaurant.  It's on second road a bit south of Central Festival.

I always order the tamarind prawns (makarm goong).  It's really spicey but I love it.  Can't remember the price but it wasn't much.

thanks for the recommendation on this place.... i had walked by it many times but never stopped. tonight it was around 1am and i was starving, couldnt find any decent street carts on 2nd and was surprised to find nongjai still open and with many customers.

i took home 3 different entrees as take-away, and the quality is excellent, tastes great! will definitely visit again.

im not sure how late they stay open, but im not sure why anyone would eat at kiss food ever again when nongjai is only 100m away and much better quality.

baywatch restaurant along beach along with Billabong are favorites of mine -whenever I'm in Thailand  -thai food all the way,never once have i changed..my ex-TGF used to get us some spicy papaya salad when I used to visit her near krabi  which used to knock the socks off me.....j

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

thanks for the recommendation on this place.... i had walked by it many times but never stopped. tonight it was around 1am and i was starving, couldnt find any decent street carts on 2nd and was surprised to find nongjai still open and with many customers.

i took home 3 different entrees as take-away, and the quality is excellent, tastes great! will definitely visit again.

im not sure how late they stay open, but im not sure why anyone would eat at kiss food ever again when nongjai is only 100m away and much better quality.

I've just been here managed to spend 700 baht for me and a girl. Your bill musta been 400/500?

Expensive I thought for an open air place

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I've just been here managed to spend 700 baht for me and a girl. Your bill musta been 400/500?

Expensive I thought for an open air place

i think my bill was around 365, gave them 400 and leave the change as a tip .... for the quality of food i got i am happy with that.

if you know another place that is cheaper with similar quality and also within walking distance of VT6 and open late, please take me there... i love trying new places.

Mine tonight

image.jpg

I like the Moom Ario Restaurant.  It is a Thai seafood restaurant located in Naklua with a nice view.  I did not have a camera with me.  More information and photos can be found here:

http://www.pattayaconcierge.com/specified-place/moom-aroi-restaurant-naklua-pattaya/200800000146/restaurant/

+1 been there four times last year...My Best ever Thai Restaurant in Pattaya, Need a car or Bike to go there, Very few falang but many Thais eat there. Price very reasonable ... 

pattaya 014.JPG

pattaya 015.JPG

pattaya 018.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

+1 been there four times last year...My Best ever Thai Restaurant in Pattaya, Need a car or Bike to go there, Very few falang but many Thais eat there. Price very reasonable ... 

Hey jocky king that looks so good, i'd luv to try there when i'm over in may.

Is it far north of dolphin roundabout, would it be to far to walk from the roundabout?

Do you know where the Moom aroi is located on the third road and is the food as good?

Cheers Maverick.

Hey jocky king that looks so good, i'd luv to try there when i'm over in may.

Is it far north of dolphin roundabout, would it be to far to walk from the roundabout?

Do you know where the Moom aroi is located on the third road and is the food as good?

Cheers Maverick.

Go to the first left of Dolphin roundabout (Nakula Rd), 5-7 klm ,about 10minutes drive, Look on the left driving up.

Go to the first left of Dolphin roundabout (Nakula Rd), 5-7 klm ,about 10minutes drive, Look on the left driving up.

Good man jocky king,

I think i'll give walking it a miss lol. I'll try and get a bahtbus driver to take me some evening, if i get 1 that understands where i'm talking about.

Cheers Maverick.

Yes, same menu, just not the seaside setting, has streams running through it instead.

On the stretch of 3rd road between North Road and Pattaya Glang, its on right hand corner of the crossroads junction if heading south.

Hope that helps.

Good man jocky king,

I think i'll give walking it a miss lol. I'll try and get a bahtbus driver to take me some evening, if i get 1 that understands where i'm talking about.

Cheers Maverick.

yeah definitely do not walk there hahah... its pretty far, even from the roundabout... but its a great restaurant, and i recommend getting there before sunset so you can really enjoy the view.

Saen Aroy may be your typical neighbourhood Thai restaurant, with plastic chairs and plastic tablecloths, but they serve some really tasty Thai food at very reasonable prices.

Located on the corner of Soi 15 and 3rd Road.

Yes, same menu, just not the seaside setting, has streams running through it instead.

On the stretch of 3rd road between North Road and Pattaya Glang, its on right hand corner of the crossroads junction if heading south.

Hope that helps.

Thanks ChangFai for the info and directions, i think i'll try the 1 on 3rd road 1st as it's closer and i'll find it handy enough.

Cheers Maverick.

yeah definitely do not walk there hahah... its pretty far, even from the roundabout... but its a great restaurant, and i recommend getting there before sunset so you can really enjoy the view.

Hi ya TheRoadWarrior, I'll definately not be walking it, i'd be sweating sitting in a beerbar having a beer never mind walking far in the heat. :Beer8:  I'm built for comfort not speed LOL. I think i'll try the 1 on 3rd road 1st then if i like it i'll try and make it before sunset to the 1 in naklua.

Any dishes you can recommend?

Saen Aroy may be your typical neighbourhood Thai restaurant, with plastic chairs and plastic tablecloths, but they serve some really tasty Thai food at very reasonable prices.

Is there a sign at this place with Saen Aroy on it?

Do they do a nice tom yam kung or any other dishes that you'd recommend?

Cheers Maverick.

Is there a sign at this place with Saen Aroy on it?

Do they do a nice tom yam kung or any other dishes that you'd recommend?

Cheers Maverick.

Yes, there is a sign out on the street.

But you cant miss it, its on the corner of Soi 15 & 3rd Road.

For 80 baht the Tom Yam is good, but some nights the prawns can be a bit on the small side, but plenty of them.

Seafood stir fried with curry powder & the Spare Ribs with garlic and black pepper, are my other two favs.

Closed on a Tuesday.

Moom Aroy is a must as good quality, also far end of Jomtien some nice food and peaceful setting, also the Thai BBQ, worth a try, several around, one along 3rd road almost upto Naklua road, where you cook your own food from the trays, I like the fresh Liver they have but remember to use separate tools to add the fresh meat and not the same ones to take off the cooked stuff.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I'm pretty sure there is more than one Soi 15 on Third Road. Is it between North and Central roads, Central and South roads, or south of South road?

Archived