IGNORED

Thai Food Only

Many threads on Western food but not so many on Thai food. Please post your recommendations.

Information thread on where to find good Thai food from street carts to restaurants.

post-33107-0-62933000-1331282660.jpg

What - Panang Moo (Red curry with pork)

Where - Central Festival

Cost - B70

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the food courts in shopping centers can be real good value. I often have a somtum at Big C Sth Patts, only 35Bt, plus Pat Thai, often they sell Pat Thai for special price 20Bt.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

This restaraunt is well know.Soi Star Beach condo,in between Pratamnak 4-5.Awsome food.Pic is from about 5 years ago.When my boy was still in his stroller.

He makes my goi teow with pork and chicken,and he puts a little beef blood in it for colour.

image.jpg

image.jpg

You can find some excellent little food shops and stalls around and have great meals for very little money, that's one of the best things about living in Asia. Once you know your way around you can eat well for 100-200Bt a day, even less.

Soi Bj off of Walking Street, usual afternoon. Very good street food. Chicken, glass noodles, rice for 30 baht.

Tom yam kung,  it's a seafood soup, with or without rice.  I prefer to have some rice with it.

The best one i ever had was on Soi 6 , don't know the name of the place as the cleaner from Ruby club got it delivered to the bar for me.  It was delicious..  The cleaner said they deliver food to any bar on the soi.

Tom_yam_kung_nam_khon.gif

Stevie

My favorite...although I've only had it in a Thai Restaurant in Australia.

The thai girls freak when I show them this photo.

image.jpg

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I enjoyed the Green Tree restaurant on beach road right before Soi 1 (north pattaya)

http://www.pattayagreentree.net/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=88116

While the Thai food there is not the cheapest, I enjoyed it very much and there's a band there at night with a very cute singer, not sure if she's there anymore. Took a few "dates" there.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

999Baht, rabbit's another, tell Thais you eat bunnies and see the reaction.

Many have a revulsion to lamb/mutton as well. I remember one TGF I took to an Indian restaurant and ordered a mutton curry. TGF thought it was beef at first but halfway through she twigged and asked me. When I told her she nearly puked.

Do you like Roo? Personally I think it's horrible, used to feed it to my dog and the bastard would fart all night long. Rotten stinky farts too.

:GoldenSmile1:

KFC do green curry chicken.

It tastes nice.

Certainly more Thai, than Panang curry !

Certainly more Thai, than Panang curry !

While the name Panang comes from the island in Malaysia, i understand the dish comes from Laos.

But i do enjoy a THAI Panang curry.

While the name Panang comes from the island in Malaysia, i understand the dish comes from Laos.

But i do enjoy a THAI Panang curry.

Wasn't Penang part of Siam at one time. I seem to remember reading about it. Also there are ethnic Thais/Tais on Penang, I've met a few.

KFC do green curry chicken.

It tastes nice.

kfc.jpg

What - Green THAI Curry :hello09:

Where - Ubon Tesco Lotus KFC

Cost - B79

I don't know what i like most; the food or seeing them cooking...

Don't know exactly what she sells, but have noodle and eggs...

P1030703 (Copier).JPG

P1030706 (Copier).JPG

P1030709 (Copier).JPG

Som tam (papaya salad) my favorite; amazing with sticky rice, chicken bbq or catfish and lot of chili!

P1030711 (Copier).JPG

P1030714 (Copier).JPG

I love those set-ups where the entire restaurant is attached to a motor-bike. Talk about natural entrepreneurs

I want champagne for my real frinds and real pain for my sham friends.

I love those set-ups where the entire restaurant is attached to a motor-bike. Talk about natural entrepreneurs

We have a place just opened up in Victoria by a Thai friend of mine,called Thai Cart.

He owns 4 other of run of the mill Thai Restaraunts,which are great.

His new Thai Cart place,is all motorcycle sidecar food.Its superb,and he is even building a cart to be mobile.The shit he has to do to get in passed food inspection,registered and insured is fucking crazy.But he's going full tilt,and should have it done by summer.

Lol.It has to be refrigerated to 4 degrees.lol.Its crazy.

This is heis braised beef noodle.They don't have sen Yai,but he makes his own sen lek.And real cafe yen.Fucking superb.lol

image.jpg

During the Cambodian war in the 1970s those mobile food vendors would ride out to the front line, park at the side of the roads and sell noodle soups and things to the soldiers during a lull in the battle. Next to a paddy field, KR fighters up one end and gov troops at the other end, and along the road the mobile noodle vendors.

Is the Green Tree still part of the Diana Group ?

Thats a Diana Group menu.

Not sure.

We have a place just opened up in Victoria by a Thai friend of mine,called Thai Cart.

He owns 4 other of run of the mill Thai Restaraunts,which are great.

His new Thai Cart place,is all motorcycle sidecar food.Its superb,and he is even building a cart to be mobile.The shit he has to do to get in passed food inspection,registered and insured is fucking crazy.But he's going full tilt,and should have it done by summer.

Lol.It has to be refrigerated to 4 degrees.lol.Its crazy.

This is heis braised beef noodle.They don't have sen Yai,but he makes his own sen lek.And real cafe yen.Fucking superb.lol

That looks very tasty.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I like the Moom Ario Restaurant.  It is a Thai seafood restaurant located in Naklua with a nice view.  I did not have a camera with me.  More information and photos can be found here:

http://www.pattayaconcierge.com/specified-place/moom-aroi-restaurant-naklua-pattaya/200800000146/restaurant/

Archived