IGNORED

Thai Food Only

I like the Nongjai restaurant.  It's on second road a bit south of Central Festival.

I always order the tamarind prawns (makarm goong).  It's really spicey but I love it.  Can't remember the price but it wasn't much.

nongjai restaurant.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MK and any thai place in central world...............re street food.............make sure the stall is busy = popular = good food = fast turnover SO FOOD IS FRESH

Don't know if you would class cremated insects and bugs as thai food , but those carts around town always seem popular .

mini-thailand nov dec 03 075.jpgmini-thailand nov dec 03 077.jpgmini-thailand nov dec 03 017.jpg

Mikeyboy

I like the market on Pattaya Thai opposite Wat Chaimongkon - after 11.30/12 pm, as the best food carts don't arrive until then.

The Laarb cart is excellent - try laarb neua suk & sticky rice for 60 baht. Recognise the cart by the 2 trays of stewed intestines always present - probably delicious, but not for me. They do good moo nam tok too.

The stewed pork leg (cow kaa moo) cart - the one with the wood chopping block on the side, and a huge pot of pork legs also on the side. That is the best of at least 2 carts. ( huge portions for 35 baht).

Then near the Soi Hollywood end is a cart does bbq chicken liver etc, and bbq plaa tuu (little mackrels) - top banana.

The fried chicken, and som tam carts outside Friendship after 6 pm are great too, as is the cheaper chicken outside the Rehab bar, on Buakhao.

I can’i supply pictures of the food but on second Road opposite Soi4 there is an outdoor food centre in the Alcazar car park.

My TGF was working in a beerbar that has since been knocked down but we would often get a few of her mates and go across the road for a feed. 

Thai food.jpg

Obviously it helps when the girls are with you because they order but the food is authetic and good. It cost slightly more than street cart food and you are often surrounded by lady boys but I stongly recommend trying this place. There are half a dozen kitchens and I tried new food each time. Never had bad food but I stayed away from the spicy stuff.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Moom Ario as above pronounced Mama Loi is my favourite, very good sign is loads of Thais eat there, try the crab curry.

River Thai, on 2nd Road next to Royal Twin, good food and entertainment.

Kiss Restaraunt, 2nd Road opposite Mike Mall, 24 hour hours, good food.

Loads more, but these are my personal favourites.

P1000190.JPG

Using the words Kiss "Restaurant" & good food....in the same sentence should be a deport-able offence....IMHO

:Think1:  :SoWhat1:

Using the words Kiss "Restaurant" & good food....in the same sentence should be a deport-able offence....IMHO

:Think1:  :SoWhat1:

Hahaha,I really wanted to say that.Last guy that said Kiss was good,I,asked if he was a heavy smoker.

Moom Ario as above pronounced Mama Loi is my favourite, very good sign is loads of Thais eat there, try the crab curry.

What ?

Its Moom Aroy .... as in Tasty Corner !

Also a branch of 3rd road with the same menu, just not the view.

What ?

correct

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I like the Nongjai restaurant.  It's on second road a bit south of Central Festival.

I always order the tamarind prawns (makarm goong).  It's really spicey but I love it.  Can't remember the price but it wasn't much.

I pass by that place practically everyday on my way to Central Festival. Might have to stop by one of these trips.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I have to be honest.Some of the best Thai food Ive ever eaten is right here in my house.She can cook.

image.jpg

image.jpg

These pics are making me more nostalgic for LOS than the nudes on the advanced forum. Something wrong with me ???

I want champagne for my real frinds and real pain for my sham friends.

Nong Chai Restaurant off 2nd Road.  My favourite, Chicken with Cashew Nuts!

I love those set-ups where the entire restaurant is attached to a motor-bike. Talk about natural entrepreneursWe have a place just opened up in Victoria by a Thai friend of mine,called Thai Cart.

He owns 4 other of run of the mill Thai Restaraunts,which are great.

His new Thai Cart place,is all motorcycle sidecar food.Its superb,and he is even building a cart to be mobile.The shit he has to do to get in passed food inspection,registered and insured is fucking crazy.But he's going full tilt,and should have it done by summer.

Lol.It has to be refrigerated to 4 degrees.lol.Its crazy.

This is heis braised beef noodle.They don't have sen Yai,but he makes his own sen lek.And real cafe yen.Fucking superb.lol

Could you Send me the Thai restaurant names and addy's? also please keep us posted about the sidecar, I'd be a regular customer.

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

The Pattaya Pounder, top of Soi 3 outside of Honey massage.

post-82617-0-71410000-1363164957_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-66705400-1363165138_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-22445900-1363165240_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-26364200-1363165564_thumb.jpg

This chick slays it!  Word on the Soi is she takes home around 1000THB profit a night, she pounds away from 2 pm to around 10 pm or to she runs out of food!  She has the market nailed, She caters to all the girls at Honey, all the beer bars, 711, massage shops, they even walk as far as Big C for there take away dinner.

post-82617-0-84670600-1363166082_thumb.jpg

I would even throw one in her!

Could you Send me the Thai restaurant names and addy's? also please keep us posted about the sidecar, I'd be a regular customer.

It's called Thai Cart.Its on Blanshard st in between Fort and Broughton.

You here in Vic bro?

It's called Thai Cart.Its on Blanshard st in between Fort and Broughton.

You here in Vic bro?

Skalli,

Sorry dude, thought you were in Victoria, Australia, I were using my iPad at the time.........I was so looking forward to checking out that food cart too!

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

Skalli,

Sorry dude, thought you were in Victoria, Australia, I were using my iPad at the time.........I was so looking forward to checking out that food cart too!

Hahahaha,Im looking at your flag,and Im thinking,"dude must be here on holidays,lets get together for a pint".

Cool place though.Next time Im there,will take some pics.

Lengkee restaurant for me too :)

It's Thai and Chinese food what you can get there, so the best of both worlds at 1 place lol.

Many Thai and Asian people eating there too, always a good sign for the quality and price of the food !

Location: Pattaya Klang near the corner with soi Buakaow - it's open 24 hrs  every day as far as I know.

I have always found the food good and tasty here and service is also (very) fast.

Most waiters and waitresses are young, I think mostly students, they can be a bit noisy at times but Im ok with them.

The Interior is very basic and no thrills, but recently they have mounted an LCD TV in the restaurant (mostly for the staff hehe) and I saw some PL match when I was there the last time.

Last time I was there (March 2013) I was a bit hungry and I had a good dinner there around midnight.

Below 5 items cost me 330 Bath all together:

1. Tom Yam Kung

2. White rice

3. Kai Yatsai ( Stuffed Thai omelette with minced pork etc)

4. Moo Kratiem (Pork with garlic)

5. Coke light

Not a bad deal im my opinion.

They have a lot of seafood too, very fresh oysters and shrimps available you can choose your own items !

See pic attached , it's not the same meal but it was also at Lengkee, that time I had sliced duck instead of the Garlic Pork, I can't remember what I paid back then but will be around 350 Baht.

And no ..I don't have shares or any business interest or benefits from this place :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

T

post-18226-0-40902600-1363630055.jpg

These pics are making me more nostalgic for LOS than the nudes on the advanced forum. Something wrong with me ???

Nothing wrong with you! I feel same, to be honest, i don't really count on the girls, but i know the food is there and will be there for me!

Funny thing: When the girls find out you can eat their spicy and smelly food, negociation becomes easy... :GoldenSmile1:

What ?

correct

Another branch of Nong Jai further north on 2nd Road. just past BigC.

Same menu.

Are these posts all about the same restaurant

i love thai food and want to check some of these places out in april

Archived