IGNORED

Great Cheeseburger joint

rebel_1812

In and out burgers in the states huge potential in patts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of thoughts:

- I enjoyed Oz burger on 2 separate occasions.  Enjoyed it both times -- hit the 7-11/Family Mart across the street to buy a soda or water to go with your meal

- not a big fan of Carls Jr. here in So Cal, but maybe I'll check it out again, given the strong recommendations for it

- In N Out COMPLETELY rocks, but it is NEVER coming to Thailand.  First, I'm pretty sure that they don't franchise and they are pretty religious.  Don't see them expanding to "the adult Disneyland."  Second, one of their bog deals is the freshness of their beef -- they do not freeze their burgers.  This would be very tough to achieve (and VERY expensive) in a place as distant as Thailand, even using Aussie beef

- how about a Fatburger?  They struggled recently and went into bankruptcy, as I recall.  Do you think the 50s/60s music angle and hellaciously good burgers would appeal in LOS?  The other type of fast food joint I could see maybe working is a Chipotle/Del Taco/Taco Bell type of place.  

• 3 weeks later...

I've been hearing about your food from a lot of quarters Skeeter--I'm going to have to come down and check it out soon. I'm a big mac and cheese fan.

Carl's Junior has become my favorite burger-place in Patts.

Super Star Combo with extra bacon, small fries and soft drink 300 baht.

Plahgat

Superstar Carl's Junior.jpg

When no money... she no give honey! 

My preference has always been for BurgerKing however next time out will definitely give Carls a go.

Thanks

Live for the moment. Tomorrow may not come.

For 300 baht, I can get a plate of fried rice, a blowjob from a beach road yabba addict and a lottery ticket!

Damn 2 week millionaires!

Try the Sky Bar bleu Cheese burger it is pretty tasty!

I can verify that...had one of skeeters blue cheese burgers a few nights ago, thought i was only hungry enough to finish half a burger but within 60seconds i devoured the whole thing hahaha thanks skeeter!

Carl's Junior has become my favorite burger-place in Patts.

Super Star Combo with extra bacon, small fries and soft drink 300 baht.

Plahgat

After seeing all the recommendations on this board for CarlJrs i decided to go give it a try. Ive been to california many times but just never happened to try one there.

I had the superstar combo....its a decent burger for fast food, id put it in similar category as "in an out" burgers and "five guys" burgers back in the US, or the "Oz" burger stand....its jjust a fast food burger, nothing special, and not something id go out of my way for, but if i happen to be in the mall and want a burger id get one.

^ same same BK, a whopper combo costs twice what you pay in the USA.

all my best burger places are in here already, I also like the burger at friar tucks on soi lengkee. get a double with cheese and it's a damn good meal.

also, If anybody happens to be in nha trang Vietnam, get a burger at a place called The Grill house. it's a proper, thick steakhouse type burger. best burger I've had in asia. ever. and they didn't pay me to say it.

and finally, I had to put this clip in here since nobody has posted it yet. fuckin guy used to be so funny

SN7tukw.gif

Just Burgers in Jomtien is ok.

I've seen this Just Burgers hamburger shop and been meaning to stop and try them out. Just ok you say? Should I bother? I stay in Jomtien when in the area some times. Just recently saw this place while there and on my morning walk about. The Yank on soi 9 has a decent burger at his place. Rich man is the name I think it is.

Luvinitall

Just Burgers was ok when I went a while back--year or two ago. For the money an ok value. At least they give 100% beef burgers unlike the Aussie burger hamburger/meatloaf thingie that I had (only once, maybe it's different now).

For 300 baht, I can get a plate of fried rice, a blowjob from a beach road yabba addict and a lottery ticket!

Damn 2 week millionaires!

Sorry, but I'm a 5 months millionaire!  :GoldenSmile1:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

best ever is soi sansabai in Patong but pattaya when mao mak mak at 4am the one facing the entrance to lk metropole on soi diana at the top near buakhao cant be beaten double cheeseburger onions and mayo proper pre boom boom food.

Carl's Junior has become my favorite burger-place in Patts...

I had the Big Carl this afternoon with sweet potato fries and one of those handmade shakes.

Pure heaven.

yep....I reckon it's OK as well

Aussie Burger ??

My American friends get jealous....and start some BS crap about "Meat loaf".....

I always thought he was an overweight average singer.....lol

but....I've sampled a couple of said Burgers....and I give the...thumbs up

+1

Having just moved here from BKK where there are some amazing burger joints that I have really enjoyed seeking out, it seems like there may be a niche that needs filling in this town!

Hopefully some enterprising burger lover will help fill in the very narrow playing field. 

http://www.facebook.com/angelwitchpattaya

http://angelwitchpattaya.com

...impatiently waiting for 'a lot' to be spelled correctly as 'alot' by Webster's...

Faaaark.Just had a burger from Bubba Gump Shrimp at The Cancun Airport.Bacon Cheeseburger.Was a real good one.

I had the Big Carl this afternoon with sweet potato fries and one of those handmade shakes.

Pure heaven.

No Carls Junior in Spain only Ronald & King have made it over here so only time I get Carls Junior is when I am in Patts... will be in LOS in 6 months.....

OH YEH BABY

The Grooviest supplier of UK TV anywhere on the Planet with 48 Servers around the Globe   :Chained_Desk:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/259202-uk-iptv-boxes-full-uk-skytv-bbc-itv-etc/

Pattaya Facebook Page

No Carls Junior in Spain only Ronald & King have made it over here so only time I get Carls Junior is when I am in Patts... will be in LOS in 6 months.....

Carls is only marginally better than McD and BK... its still a fast food burger and not a proper gourmet burger

I can't really recall the place, but if you cross second road from soi 8 there is a small burger stall somewhere there with a nice  girl working there, she claimed it was her burger stall and the cheeseburger was the best I had in Thailand....

I really like the Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Jnrs. Bacon and onion rings in a burger who ever came up with that thank you!

While still only a fast food place i enjoyed the burger more than restaurant burgers i had had and the place is a lot nicer inside than Burger King or macdeonalds more like a  nice cafe than a fast food joint. Hopefully they do bring it to Australia.

My nephew posted this on Facebook.Hamburger from The Cafe on the highway at Nabiac NSW.

Now that's an Aussie burger.I don't know who invented it,but this place perfected it.

image.jpg

Carls is only marginally better than McD and BK... its still a fast food burger and not a proper gourmet burger

Carls Jr. is more like what I would describe as a really good diner burger. McDonalds is true fast food crap, and Burger King is somewhere in between.

Archived