IGNORED

Great Cheeseburger joint

rebel_1812

Carls Jr. is more like what I would describe as a really good diner burger. McDonalds is true fast food crap, and Burger King is somewhere in between.

hmm... i think carl jrs is closer to fast food than a good diner.... but ive only tried it once so far... maybe ill go tomorrow for lunch and give it another try.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had 5 burgers this week, Carls Jr, Oz Burger and a little shack called 'Eat' right next door to Tequila Reef on Soi 7.

I'd say theyre all good in their own way, the Eat place is by far the best value, I would wage the beef they order in comes from the same place as Oz Burgers - cheaper too. I can't really understand all the rave reviews for Oz, sure it was a decent burger but nothing special - owner sat behind with a sour face ain't gonna get me rushing back either.

Try the Eat place on Soi 7, new cabin about 8 foot wide - couldnt believe my eyes when I got the chicken one home. 2 lean white chicken fillets creeping out either side just like the deceptive advertisement pictures show.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I've had 5 burgers this week, Carls Jr, Oz Burger and a little shack called 'Eat' right next door to Tequila Reef on Soi 7.

I'd say theyre all good in their own way, the Eat place is by far the best value, I would wage the beef they order in comes from the same place as Oz Burgers - cheaper too. I can't really understand all the rave reviews for Oz, sure it was a decent burger but nothing special - owner sat behind with a sour face ain't gonna get me rushing back either.

Try the Eat place on Soi 7, new cabin about 8 foot wide - couldnt believe my eyes when I got the chicken one home. 2 lean white chicken fillets creeping out either side just like the deceptive advertisement pictures show.

Thanks for the tip, CG -- I'll definitely plan to check out Eat on my next trip....IF it ever gets here!

Jealous as Hell not only that you are in Pattaya, but also that you have had 5 burgers this week -- I'm on a BRUTAL diet and the most "enjoyable" thing I have had in the last 4 weeks was a grilled chicken breast and big pile of veggies....you know it's a bad sign when you start considering a protein shake or a small cup of low cal, non-fat Greek yogurt a "dessert"!

Once I get to Pattaya, though, it'll be "Katie bar the door!", as ALL dietary restrictions will come off and I'll just focus on enjoying every minute of every day!

Thanks for the tip, CG -- I'll definitely plan to check out Eat on my next trip....IF it ever gets here!

Jealous as Hell not only that you are in Pattaya, but also that you have had 5 burgers this week -- I'm on a BRUTAL diet and the most "enjoyable" thing I have had in the last 4 weeks was a grilled chicken breast and big pile of veggies....you know it's a bad sign when you start considering a protein shake or a small cup of low cal, non-fat Greek yogurt a "dessert"!

Once I get to Pattaya, though, it'll be "Katie bar the door!", as ALL dietary restrictions will come off and I'll just focus on enjoying every minute of every day!

I know exactly what youre going through mate.

I just go for everything when I'm here, places like Swensens, Carls Jr, Dairy Queen etc are all very alien to the UK - so much choice when I come here.

What kind of diet are you on? Try mixing a scoop of protein powder into non fat greek yoghurt, tricks you into thinking you've ate a dessert.

I try to stay in reasonable shape all year round but my dedication lasts about 3 weeks of good training and diet then I eat junk and skip the gym for a week, thus never reaching goals lol.

I would say though, google search and youtube search intermittent fasting, it is by far the best method I've used for getting results. "the hodge twins" & "twinmuscleworkout" channel have great videos on it.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Carls Jr. is more like what I would describe as a really good diner burger. McDonalds is true fast food crap, and Burger King is somewhere in between.

Eh.. to each his own! But I can't eat Carl's Jr. I tried many times, because they have cool commercials in SoCal, but after the 3rd time I decided it wasn't me, it was the nasty Carl's Jr. 

It's the only burger I can't eat. Those frozen patties that are sold here in Pattaya in those street carts, McD's, BK no problem! 

I did try the Oz Burger and for a street stand burger, it was pretty good. Great bread/bun. 

http://www.facebook.com/angelwitchpattaya

http://angelwitchpattaya.com

...impatiently waiting for 'a lot' to be spelled correctly as 'alot' by Webster's...

In Patts: Carls

In Bangkok: Marriot on the River - best cheeseburger I've had in Thailand - bar none.

I know exactly what youre going through mate.

I just go for everything when I'm here, places like Swensens, Carls Jr, Dairy Queen etc are all very alien to the UK - so much choice when I come here.

What kind of diet are you on? Try mixing a scoop of protein powder into non fat greek yoghurt, tricks you into thinking you've ate a dessert.

I try to stay in reasonable shape all year round but my dedication lasts about 3 weeks of good training and diet then I eat junk and skip the gym for a week, thus never reaching goals lol.

I would say though, google search and youtube search intermittent fasting, it is by far the best method I've used for getting results. "the hodge twins" & "twinmuscleworkout" channel have great videos on it.

Don't wanna hijack the thread, but had to comment on that -- I am TOTALLY addicted to a non-fat Greek yogurt that Dannon makes here ("Light & Fit").  Only 80 calories a cup and it has 12 g of protein, but I convince myself that it is "dessert."  Can't do any kind of fasting b/c I'm a Type 1 diabetic.  

Until I get to Pattaya, I punish myself by reading threads about great burgers  55555555

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for Carl's Jr. I like the Big Carl and get one at least once/twice per week when I'm in town. IMHO they are WAY ahead of McD's & BK. I've tried other burgers around town and wasn't impressed. 

I tried out the Bangkok Burger Company the other day down here in Patong Beach, Phuket.

http://bangkokburgercompany.com/

Aussie Burger with curly fries and manao soda, cost = 545 baht!  :rolleyes:

Tasted good and crunchy fries as well, but the most expensive burger I tried anywhere!

Plahgat

Aussie Burger 1.jpg

Aussie Burger 2.jpg

When no money... she no give honey! 

Try San Francisco burger stand outside out let mall...139 burger fries and coke..charcoal cooked beef, tastes like a burger should

In and out burgers in the states huge potential in patts

Huge potential anywhere they go but they are only in 4 states...and none of them are mine!

Archived