IGNORED

Udon Thani

flashfighter

JUST GOT INTO UDON THANI

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A LOCAL VERSION OF SOI COWBOY/BANGLA RD WHERE I CAN GO AND HAVE SOME FUN.

THANKS

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Soi Farang' but it doesn't come anywhere close to Cowboy or Bangla .

Take a room at Topmansion hotel (thanon Samphanthamit) in the heart of action.

only one Agogo bar in Udonthani but a lot of karaoke bars and a few thai brothels where falang money is welcome of course.

IIRC, turn right out of Top Mansion, walk about 50/100m, enter bar complex, about 20 beer bars.

• 2 months later...

Take a room at Topmansion hotel (thanon Samphanthamit) in the heart of action.

only one Agogo bar in Udonthani but a lot of karaoke bars and a few thai brothels where falang money is welcome of course.

I stay there every couple of weeks and can confirm that it is in the centre of all the action there. Just walk out of the door, left some bars and right more bars. Nothing like Pattaya but fun all the same.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 months later...

The OP posted 4 months ago, so I imagine he has moved on, but for anyone else needing info about Udon Thani bars:

UTDayNight1010.jpg

This is the Day & Night complex, just down the street from the Irish Clock. About 15-20 bars with ladies. I recommend Vicky Bar. Note the complex is pretty quiet during the day.

VB10102.jpg

There are also several bars off the main road leading from the train station. I believe the complex is called Nutty Plaza.

NuttyPark1.jpg

Also lots of bars scattered around town.

Love Udon Thani. :GoldenSmile1:

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

Things have changed a lot since I lived there 6 years ago.

Thanks for the photos.. makes me not want to go back to UT anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where is a good hotel to stay in Udon Thani near the action, Girl friendly and good quality. Cheers

12 Pints in Know it all

The Irish Clock is a popular hotel for guys visiting UT for the bars. It's on the same street as the Day/Night complex, short walk to the night markets and shopping.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

I have stayed at the Irish clock a few times and it is great. Last visit parking is a bit of a problem for the pick-up and you had to swap sides of the street every day.

Easy walking distance to all the local action, friendly staff, my room was huge and the food in the bar is good.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Isn't the Irish Clock now charging a joiner fee?

They didn't charge me anything in July :GoldenSmile1:

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Top Mansion and @Room are good places to stay in the heart of the action.

Top Mansion is looking a little ragged these days but it is clean and serves a purpose. Both places can be had for under $15 and are within a block of everything you need. It's been a while since I stayed in Top Mansion but a buddy of mine stayed there recently and he said it was noisy all night. I don't remember the noise but I could sleep on a washing line :GoldenSmile1:

Anyway, neither charge joiner fees and the cute girl at reception even gave me a big smile and a wink when I brought a BF home. Maybe they were buddies?

• 3 weeks later...

What about the Pannarai? Looks like it is in the same street but a bit nicer. cheers

12 Pints in Know it all

I stayed Top Mansion early August, Room was spacious, clean and excellent wifi, I think it was about 480 baht/night,, no problems with noise, about 2 mins from day/night complex,, Also opposite day/night is seaside 2 restaraunt,, great food and very cheap, its the same owners as seaside restaraunt in soi chaipyoun (excuse the spelling), just up from the triangle bar off soi buakaow,,, better food and cheaper than irish clock,,staff in irish clock seemed a bit miserable,,

Pattayadreaming

The Pannarai is an excellent hotel, nearly new & in a great location, stayed there twice now decent buffet breakfast in the price, paid 1280bht walk in rate

I stayed Top Mansion early August, Room was spacious, clean and excellent wifi, I think it was about 480 baht/night,, no problems with noise, about 2 mins from day/night complex,, Also opposite day/night is seaside 2 restaraunt,, great food and very cheap, its the same owners as seaside restaraunt in soi chaipyoun (excuse the spelling), just up from the triangle bar off soi buakaow,,, better food and cheaper than irish clock,,staff in irish clock seemed a bit miserable,,

I payd 390B/night just 10 month ago, did you book on the Internet or have they raised prices so much?

Top Mansion is not worth 480B/night. But I will be looking foreward to visit Seaside 2 next time I stop in Udon.

Nothing in Thailand is 100% sure.

I payd 390B/night just 10 month ago, did you book on the Internet or have they raised prices so much?

Top Mansion is not worth 480B/night. But I will be looking foreward to visit Seaside 2 next time I stop in Udon.

Just checked,, 450/night. booked through Agoda,, maybe a wee bit cheaper if book straight through hotel,, had no complaints though and id stay there again..

Yes mate, give the seaside a try,, cottage pie excellent, big portions, 120 baht,, i rate it better than the irish clock,, also the breakfast is good, full english with tea/coffee and orange juice,, 99 baht i think it was,,

Archived