IGNORED

R Con Blue Ocean.

Flimflam

When I was there in September, I was traveling with a group of about 12 people primarily staying between Baywalk and Marriott.

I wanted a second room for myself away from everybody to escape for some peace and quiet close to Soi Boukow for when I found company in that area.

At 800bht per night, it was perfect.

The R-con Blue complex next door is still pretty empty but I can see being be pretty cool when it is full.

Rooms facing the complex probably not for those concerned about noise.

I would definitely stay there again.

Thailand September 2012 018.JPG

Thailand September 2012 020.JPG

Thailand September 2012 022.JPG

Thailand September 2012 024.JPG

Thailand September 2012 026 - Copy.JPG

Thailand September 2012 028.JPG

Thailand September 2012 030.JPG

Thailand September 2012 036.JPG

Thailand September 2012 040.JPG

Thailand September 2012 044.JPG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My experience there was bad.

I checked in around 20:30 and was shown my room.

My safe did not work!

I could not open it...I went and saw reception and they told me I had to wait until the morning because the lady with the keys was not there.

So my first night with all my travel money and no safe!

In the morning the lady came to my room an could not open it...they offered to change my room.

My next concern was that I was on the wrong level.

I paid for and booked the Nemo room (top floors) on the Agoda website.

I did address this concern when I checked in but was told I would need to talk to the lady in the morning.

I was then told...sorry we not have Nemo room (which was more expensive) they are all booked.

Yes I know they are booked and I booked one!

Ok...I will stay at the green level but I want the 800Baht rate and not the 1000baht rate I paid.

"Sorry sir I cannot do because you booked on Internet"

How is that for Thai logic????

Basically I was told I had to pay premium rates for a cheaper room because I booked the premium room on the Internet but they had already given away my premium room.

I checked out then and will never return!

One night was enough, lucky I only paid a deposit of one night.

I don't recommend this place to anyone.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Down towards the south end of soi buakhow is the brand spanking new Blue Ocean.

The website says it's on 3rd Rd.

When I was there in September, I was traveling with a group of about 12 people primarily staying between Baywalk and Marriott.

I wanted a second room for myself away from everybody to escape for some peace and quiet close to Soi Boukow for when I found company in that area.

The R-con Blue complex next door is still pretty empty but I can see being be pretty cool when it is full.

It seems there is no bathroom privacy. You can see right into the bathroom through the glass. Not the kind of place I would stay.

On my last visit to Pattaya I decided to save some money on my accomodation. Instead of the 1500 baht rooms I set myself a budget of 1000 baht and wanted a pool, WIFI and LCD TV. ... R-Con Blue Ocean looked pretty good on paper and I was tempted but a few things changed my mind.

1. When I called them they didn’t want to help me. No rooms available although you can book on line.

2. There is a question about the smell from the bathrooms.

3. The Noise may be an issue.

4. You need to pay extra for WIFI

I ended booking at Ope de Place in Soi Lenkee which was 200 baht cheaper. I loved the location and would probably have stayed if any of my five complaints about the WIFI was acted on. They simply needed a Wireless access point on each floor and the probem is fixed.

I went and had a look at R-con blue Ocean which was my back up.

If you go looking then look for Rehab Gogo bar first, R-con is nestled down the lane (driveway).

P1000267.JPG P1000266.JPG

I actually visited the Beer Bar Complex behind Rehab and got a good look at the pool. What can I say? Weren’t they allowed to dig a hole? The pool looks like a free form above ground pool and it is overexposed with the first floor of the beer bar overlooking the pool area. A bit of imagination would have joined the two areas so that we could sit around a pool with a bar and bar girls. A swim up bar with Bikini girls must be a winner.

Anyway it didn’t happen and looks like a pool in a car park

P1000265.JPG

The Beer bar complex has everything you could want except bar girls and cutomers. I didn’t bother to stop there at night because it looked dead. This is unfortunate because the place has a touch of class with quality furniture and a good layout/ The two story complex with a sweeping staircase could be great but they need to attract customers.

P1000261.JPGP1000262.JPGP1000263.JPGP1000264.JPG

The complex is a little too far from LK Metro to expect overflow of the customers from this area so they will need to attract their own customers. They probably need a Dr BJ’s or an Annies Soapy to give variety and some serious promotion for the complex.

Anyway I dropped in to reception at R-con and felt like an intruder so I quickly made up my mind that this wasn’t for me.

There are many pictures of the rooms so I have added pictures that you haven’t seen

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

It seems there is no bathroom privacy. You can see right into the bathroom through the glass. Not the kind of place I would stay.

There is a shade that comes down over the glass if you like, if my company and I shower separately, nice to watch them in there and when you shower you can see they are not going through your stuff.

Even though I have not had that happen in the past, that I am aware of.

I did not notice a smell but the WIFI might possibly be a deal breaker but did not check on cost or how good the signal was as this was not my primary lodging.

At this cost, it worked out nicely for meeting girls around this area and not going all the way back to main hotel for ST.

Much nicer than renting ST rooms.

Is there a site that works? The link of R-Con Blue Ocean from http://www.r-conhotelpattaya.com/ does not work some days now, so we cannot see rates and rooms.

You have it correct, but when it comes up, there is a drop down by check availability to choose which property you Desire.

I don't think it is working properly because any date you choose says no availability.

My guess is that is a work in progress because the site is different than when I booked a couple months ago.

Otherwise, Agoda would be your best bet.

I actually visited the Beer Bar Complex behind Rehab and got a good look at the pool. What can I say? Weren’t they allowed to dig a hole? The pool looks like a free form above ground pool and it is overexposed with the first floor of the beer bar overlooking the pool area. A bit of imagination would have joined the two areas so that we could sit around a pool with a bar and bar girls. A swim up bar with Bikini girls must be a winner.

Anyway it didn’t happen and looks like a pool in a car park

There is underground parking right underneath the swimming pool. So I guess the either had to dig deeper for the whole parking or raise the swimming pool above the ground. Raising the pool was obviously cheaper.

But come on. This place is 700 during low season and 800 during high season. Show me any other place of the same quality with a swimming pool within the same price range (yes it's not big but it's okay... it's bigger than the swimming pool in my home's backyard in Spain).

The only other place with a swimming pool on Soi Buakhow for about the same room price I know of is located fairly cross to the Pattaya Klang (forgot the name but it's across the street from one of the LK mansions). But the pool there is even smaller and the rooms and the building are very unkempt.

There is underground parking right underneath the swimming pool. So I guess the either had to dig deeper for the whole parking or raise the swimming pool above the ground. Raising the pool was obviously cheaper.

But come on. This place is 700 during low season and 800 during high season. Show me any other place of the same quality with a swimming pool within the same price range (yes it's not big but it's okay... it's bigger than the swimming pool in my home's backyard in Spain).

The only other place with a swimming pool on Soi Buakhow for about the same room price I know of is located fairly cross to the Pattaya Klang (forgot the name but it's across the street from one of the LK mansions). But the pool there is even smaller and the rooms and the building are very unkempt.

I agree with the reason for the above ground pool but there are pools om roof tops all over Thailand which don’t look like an after thought. I you like the pool then good for you but I am in the Pool business and I wasn’t impressed.

As for the Value for money , this obviously looks good but the location didn’t suit me and I got a guest house for 600 baht per night with free wifi in Soi lengkee. Suited me fine.

Everyone to his own and R-con looks like it is great value at the moment. It always seems tobe full so some must like it. They will need to improve their service to drag me down there though.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Everyone to his own and R-con looks like it is great value at the moment. It always seems tobe full so some must like it. They will need to improve their service to drag me down there though.

Well said!

Your assessment of the place was pretty much spot on including (or especially) the bad service.

The rooms are great and I love the see through shower.

Location is a little far away from most places but the big big deal breaker is the customer service.

AFAIK you can only get the prices of sub-1000 if you are a walk-in.

Booking on the Internet will cost you more and still not guarantee you the room you booked and paid for.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I stayed there for a week in October. Had booked for 1 night via Booking.com as my trip was a last minute plan. Wanted to check out the next day but they offered an extension at 700 THB so stayed.

Pros:

- Stayed at Nemo Room in the 7th Floor. Not much noise really - in any case, I used to come back at 2-3 AM so didn't bother me.

- place is relatively new and clean

- Bed was good enough

- friendly reception (most of them)

Cons

- No swipe card, just a regular key

- poor security - anybody can walkin/walkout. They dont take ids either.

- a lingering awful smell in the toilet that would appear and disappear with random consistency sp bought a room freshener

- no free wi-fi but they have some 24 hour plans thats billed on per hour basis and not a per day basis

- small pool, not very clean

- housekeeping was just about ok - needs improvement

- no restaurant or room service

- AC placed in a wrong position so the room requires sufficient time to cool

- small TV and poor channel quality

The building is sandwiched between 2 entertainment properties. I guess its called action street or something like that. No customers at all though there is immense scope.

If you don't intend to stay in your room mostly (like me), then its ok but for others, it may be a spoilsport.

hope this helps

Forget health clinics and gyms. Sex is the best cure. One good night of sex and your problems are gone.

Archived