IGNORED

R Con Blue Ocean.

Flimflam

the website shows the cheapest room at 18,990.00 monthly and 1,490.00 daily plus The rates are subject to 10% service charge and VAT (Currently 7%).

so they have gone up nearly 100% on the daily rate . but they may still honor the cheaper rates until the end of may if you ask about them, are the rooms still a good deal at the new rate ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mailed them about monthly rate in August-September and was told: "we not sure room rate for monthly maybe 12900 - 15990 baht".

all the rooms are the same, or they have bigger rooms (one-bedrooms for exemple) ?

• 1 month later...

Any info re: joiner fees? I've heard two conflicting stories.

I have heard there is not one in the thread I started about the place.

I hope not as I'm staying there for the first week of my holiday in August.

Looking forward to staying there as it looks great and the location between 2 bar areas is promising.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Down towards the south end of soi buakhow is the brand spanking new Blue Ocean. They are currently offering a soft opening discount of just b800 per night, thats 60% off theyre rack rate.

Had a look at this place earlier in the month and am somewhat suprised to still find it empty as the rooms are swish.

For any one in or coming to town its well worth a look.

Does this place have a website? I can't find one using Google.

this link seems to be for the r con residence which has been open for about 7 year according to trip advisor reviews and no the new r con blue ocean but thank you anyway

I had the same problem and posted a request for the real link. However, I've now found it. The website is http://www.r-conblueocean.com/rate.php. However, there is not much information about the rooms - their size, whether there is wi fi, etc. Even the location is vague. I'll take a look at the place when I'm in Pattaya in a couple of weeks.

I have heard there is not one in the thread I started about the place.

I hope not as I'm staying there for the first week of my holiday in August.

Looking forward to staying there as it looks great and the location between 2 bar areas is promising.

I personally don't think it would have one, especially if it has beer bars underneath it.

I'm hoping to stay in September as I think it looks great, so looking forward to more information about the hotel.

I personally don't think it would have one, especially if it has beer bars underneath it.

I'm hoping to stay in September as I think it looks great, so looking forward to more information about the hotel.

I'm staying there from the 25th August but by then you probably would have booked it or somewhere else.

I will do a review if no one else has after a couple of days there.

I do also a video of the rooms I stay in and will eventually put these on YouTube for you and others to have a look at.

Hey, guys! I stayed in this hotel for some time.

There are no joiner fees. They don't even ask for ID downstairs. You can bring in whoever you like without anybody asking any questions.

While I was staying the only issue for me was the noise from the bars downstairs. There are bars on each side (on one side it's Rathree beer bar complex and on the other side it's the Action street) and my room was on the side of the Action street beer bar complex. Action street is generally quieter (being almost empty every day and the play one music for every bar while in Rathree every bar has its own music and as a result everybody turns the volume up much higher) so if I were you I would choose the Action Street side. On a normal day the music didn't bother me much. But very often somebody would hire those singers for a birthday party. These guys bring some serious bass equipment. While they were singing I could feel my bed shaking. And they crank the volume so high that it feels like they are singing right in your room. And was most annoying that the singers could sing up to 3-4 am... I actually pity the people who own condos in Urban Condominium (it's bordering on the Action Street from another side). Because they cannot even move to another place and there were no bars yet when they purchased their condo.

Another thing I didn't like was a weird room cleaning schedule (Mondays and Fridays - I would prefer something like Tuesday and Friday). And the room cleaning lady wasn't doing the job very well. Her cleaning was about sweeping the floor quickly, make the bed and give new towels. And she usually missed considerable amount of dirt. I stayed in other serviced apartments in Pattaya and the cleaning was generally much much better...

Another thing I didn't like was a weird room cleaning schedule (Mondays and Fridays - I would prefer something like Tuesday and Friday). And the room cleaning lady wasn't doing the job very well. Her cleaning was about sweeping the floor quickly, make the bed and give new towels. And she usually missed considerable amount of dirt. I stayed in other serviced apartments in Pattaya and the cleaning was generally much much better...

How big are the rooms and do they have wi fi? Also, how much did you pay? If you were paying a daily rate your linens and towels should have been changed daily.

Thanks for the review.

I'm only staying for 7 nights in holiday mode so I'm hoping the notice wont be an issue.

I'll probably be getting home at 2:00 most nights myself anyway.

I've booked the orange room (Nemo) so that it will be furthest away from the noise...is this where you were?

I'm staying there from the 25th August but by then you probably would have booked it or somewhere else.

I will do a review if no one else has after a couple of days there.

I do also a video of the rooms I stay in and will eventually put these on YouTube for you and others to have a look at.

Love your work. Look forward to te review.

As for me, I like what I'm hearing about this place so I'm gonna book it anyway for just a few nights only as I like to move around to shake my barfines off.

How big are the rooms and do they have wi fi? Also, how much did you pay? If you were paying a daily rate your linens and towels should have been changed daily.

The rooms are approximately 30 sq. meters.

Wifi is NOT FREE. And is rather expensive. It was either 150 baht per day or about 700 baht per month which is a rip off in my opinion as many places offer it complementary. But in many rooms you can get signal from 3BB (the closer your room to Soi Buakhow the better the signal). And it's 150 baht for 24 hours of usage (not 1 day like at the hotel). i.e. it only counts time when you are actually logged in and using internet. So it's a better option imo if you are just using internet to check e-mail, read forum and talk on skype.

I stayed one month so I paid for a month 13k baht (I think due to low season it's a bit cheaper now). Plus you have to pay for the electricity and water extra at the end of the month. And it's about another 3k. So in total it's 16k a month all together.

Thanks for the review.

I'm only staying for 7 nights in holiday mode so I'm hoping the notice wont be an issue.

I'll probably be getting home at 2:00 most nights myself anyway.

I've booked the orange room (Nemo) so that it will be furthest away from the noise...is this where you were?

On a normal day they turn off music 2:00 am. The higher and further away your room from the bars the better. And on an average day the level of noise in such room is not really high. But as I said when somebody from the bar has birthday they almost always would invite a music band. It's a matter of prestige for bargirls that they have invited a band on their birthday and also provided free food for everybody... And imagine how many bar girls are there. And each wants to show that she is as generous on her birthday.

And this band brings it's own speakers which are really massive and produce some insane low frequency sound (I was living on the 6th floor the furthest from the bars and still I could feel the vibration in my bed, sofa, and the walls).

But if you stay out and come back only at 2:00 am then you should be fine.

Thanks for the additional info.

I guess the best option if they are having a party is to go down there and join in.

Free food and many happy bargirls sound like a good idea to me. :)

Wifi is NOT FREE. And is rather expensive. It was either 150 baht per day or about 700 baht per month which is a rip off in my opinion as many places offer it complementary. But in many rooms you can get signal from 3BB (the closer your room to Soi Buakhow the better the signal). And it's 150 baht for 24 hours of usage (not 1 day like at the hotel). i.e. it only counts time when you are actually logged in and using internet. So it's a better option imo if you are just using internet to check e-mail, read forum and talk on skype.

I stayed one month so I paid for a month 13k baht (I think due to low season it's a bit cheaper now). Plus you have to pay for the electricity and water extra at the end of the month. And it's about another 3k. So in total it's 16k a month all together.

On a normal day they turn off music 2:00 am. The higher and further away your room from the bars the better. And on an average day the level of noise in such room is not really high. But as I said when somebody from the bar has birthday they almost always would invite a music band. It's a matter of prestige for bargirls that they have invited a band on their birthday and also provided free food for everybody... And imagine how many bar girls are there. And each wants to show that she is as generous on her birthday.

And this band brings it's own speakers which are really massive and produce some insane low frequency sound (I was living on the 6th floor the furthest from the bars and still I could feel the vibration in my bed, sofa, and the walls).

Thanks for the update. Does not seem like such a good deal IMHO.

• 1 month later...

Hello 999baht

Please don't forget to give a review and video on youtube when you check in August. Will be in patts October and am likely to stay there. Thanks.

Hello 999baht

Please don't forget to give a review and video on youtube when you check in August. Will be in patts October and am likely to stay there. Thanks.

No problem mate.

I will not be back from the trip until September 20 so the review and video will most likely not be up until the end of September.

I will endeavour to get it up for you asap.

No problem mate.

I will not be back from the trip until September 20 so the review and video will most likely not be up until the end of September.

I will endeavour to get it up for you asap.

Will appreciate if you can post a brief review here couple of days after you check in. I will be there last week of Oct till first week of Nov and should be entering high season. Not sure how fast the rooms are going and may need to book well in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Just popped round there today to have a look and the hotel is fully booked. Was quoted 800THB a night.

OH YEH BABY

The Grooviest supplier of UK TV anywhere on the Planet with 48 Servers around the Globe   :Chained_Desk:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/259202-uk-iptv-boxes-full-uk-skytv-bbc-itv-etc/

Pattaya Facebook Page

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to call today to book a room for 10 days...Asked to call back in 5 minutes...lol TIT

so I called back and told her that I want room at end of October but she tells me that the are fully booked during October

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

My experience with that hotel is that it is a dump. Yes the rooms are nice and new, but there is a sewer gas smell that is disgusting. It must be a very poorly designed or installed plumbing system. Every lady I took there for LT also noticed the smell. Sometimes it wasn't too bad and other times you could smell it all over the room and it was strong. I would keep adding water to the traps, especially the floor drain next to the toilet.I complained to the front desk and the lady told me that all the rooms are like that. She basically said cheap Charlie design. I think it's odd that no one else here mentioned that problem. I was there in August and paid 700 Baht/night.

The internet is 150 Baht/day or you can pay for a week. The problem is that it is not always available. I went to the front desk and said I want to pay for internet for one day and the lady held up some cards and said no more, sold out. I couldn't believe it. You can't even get the internet if you want to pay for it. I must have been lucky on the days it was available.

I was on the action street side and one night they had a live band. My lady friend was not happy and either was I. No way to sleep while they are playing that rediculously loud music. I would not stay there again.

• 4 weeks later...

any more reviews or updates on this place ? i have booked with Agoda for jan but have free cancellation,just wonder if i need to search some more? cheers

re live the life ! 3rd trip coming,jan 10th 2013

Tried booking through the website for December - it says not available

Tried the booking form and just for fun,searched for availability during June 2013 - not available

Is the website not working?

Rooms look chic and beautiful

any more reviews or updates on this place ? i have booked with agoda for jan but have free cancellation,just wonder if i need to search some more? cheers

I would go elsewhere for sure :Think1:

Archived