• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Texas Skibum

• Fyg Newton

• ipman123

• dukes1963

Wifi was free in the superior room last august at 2200 baht. Get the supperior as its much more worth due to the jaccuzzi.

Hi guys, I want to book LK Ren or Metro thru their website but for October all rooms are listed as unaivalable, is that too early to book ?

Hi guys, I want to book LK Ren or Metro thru their website but for October all rooms are listed as unaivalable, is that too early to book ?

I believe it's too early or something is wrong with their booking system. I did a quick search on booking.com and it looks like several of the LK hotels are listed as Sold Out. That includes LK Ren, LK Metro, LK Royal and Miracle Suites.Highly doubtful they are actually Sold Out

Edited by whitespider

Thanks, I believe I still have plenty of time to choose then :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I stayed @ LK Ren in April and stayed in a deluxe room for 2600 baht/ night. Loved it! I'm going back to Patts in Oct and tried to book again on Booking.com which I prefer over Agoda and all the LK hotels are sold out. On Agoda I can get the same room for $106 US which I believe is too steep. WTF! I don't understand that one so I'm going back to Evergreen across the street where I have stayed a few times which is great value at under 2000 baht for a super deluxe room. I would gladly have paid the 2600 to stay at LK Ren but something smells with that chain in October.

I stayed @ LK Ren in April and stayed in a deluxe room for 2600 baht/ night. Loved it! I'm going back to Patts in Oct and tried to book again on Booking.com which I prefer over Agoda and all the LK hotels are sold out. On Agoda I can get the same room for $106 US which I believe is too steep. WTF! I don't understand that one so I'm going back to Evergreen across the street where I have stayed a few times which is great value at under 2000 baht for a super deluxe room. I would gladly have paid the 2600 to stay at LK Ren but something smells with that chain in October.

Try the Executive Suite at August Suites. I was sold on LK Ren before, but then the manger left and all the prices for other LK properties started getting ridiculous so I tried August Suites and loved the location and service. The executive suite is like the 1 bedroom at LK Ren. Maybe not quite as fancy of furniture, but it's right at 2nd Rd and Pattaya Klang so it's central to Soi 6, LK Metro and WS.

Edited by Texas Skibum

Last July 2011 I got a walk in rate of 2000 Baht for a Deluxe room.

Try the Executive Suite at August Suites. I was sold on LK Ren before, but then the manger left and all the prices for other LK properties started getting ridiculous so I tried August Suites and loved the location and service. The executive suite is like the 1 bedroom at LK Ren. Maybe not quite as fancy of furniture, but it's right at 2nd Rd and Pattaya Klang so it's central to Soi 6, LK Metro and WS.

I appreciate your advice bro. Problem is that I spend a lot of time at the Golf Club bar. I play out of there and eat many of my meals there as well. It is on LK Metro. Evergreen is quite good, I just thought that LK Ren was great and had a separate shower which I loved.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be staying at LK Renaissance for my 1st trip to Patts, I will be arriving around midnight from USA, can anybody recommed a few bars real close to hotel for a quick beer and a BG. Thanks

I will be staying at LK Renaissance for my 1st trip to Patts, I will be arriving around midnight from USA, can anybody recommed a few bars real close to hotel for a quick beer and a BG. Thanks

Right across the street a bunch of nice little bb's, or 2 minutes up the street turn left and on LK Metro.

Enjoy.

U go to soi Lk, many bar with nice lady to talk and drink with u ... ;)

if u are tired after your long trip, Office agogo is better not talk only see, touch and drink ...

I am a big fan of the LK hotels. This has been my favorite for years but recently I started going to Metropole.

Renaissance is clean, in good shape, good staff and decent breakfast. Also the internet works fine.

For me I would get the Agoda all in rate then email the hotel directly through their www.lkpattaya.com webiste. I let them know what rate i got on Agoda and they typically beat it by a few hundred bhat so I save money and they make more money.

• 2 months later...

How much is extra girl ie 2 nd girl fee ? In lk,s

Marit

I have stayed LKR many times - some would say too many :-)

And second (or third) girl have never been an issue, never asked never payed

But being a repeat costumer they might now give me little extra slack

As I have heard other people referring to some sign about second girl 500.

But since the hotel opened never experienced a problem myself.

I love this place for many reasons - some of them being that they

always remember me (extra towels etc. etc. etc.) and if you contact them directly

they will normally match or beat other offers. And of curse location location location :-)

Unlike many other Thai hotels they do keep record of repeat customers.

And when they consider you a repeat costumer they will make sure to beat any other

offer you get for the rooms, so I would recommend always contacting the hotel directly.

If their offer seems to high just tell them in a friendly manor, no harm done and hopefully

they will respond with a better offer

Regarding beer bars close by – as stanger69 said - just exit he hotel turn right walk about

30 meters and you will have about 20 bars to choose from but “be careful if bf”, from then on

they will see you coming home every night, should you like to change girlfriend :Think1:

• 2 weeks later...

I just stayed there 11/09/2012. The wifi was spotty, but other than that I had no complaints. there are literally 12 beer bars across the street, and tons of others in walking distance.

The desk staff were all very polite. I payed around $60 U.S. per night for the studio that was more than sufficient. They tell you when you get your breakfast coupons that 1 girls eats breakfast for free 2 girls add 500 baht.

I had 2 girls come in with me the first night and had no troubles. I was on the back side and had no noise issues whatsoever.

Oh and I booked directly through the LK website. The room was clean . Again no complaints at all.

Edited by dsh89

Booked a Superior room for one night 2 weeks ago. Room was very nice though not overly large.

Price via their own website was 4500 Baht.

Same room on Agoda was 3,700 including taxes - but be wary Agoda fluctuates. I didnt quibble as it was just one night but 800 over a 2 week stay would be a big saving.

PS - just checked Agoda (for tomorrow night) as a comparison and now quoting 2,400 (no breakfast special) whcih shows how much it varies from day to day.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I will be staying at LK Ren in December, could you please advise how far a walk it is to Soi 6. Thanks

I did that walk, and it took me longer than I expected. Next time I would just take the baht bus for 10 baht. The walk took me about 25-30 miutes if I recall correctly (can't walk very fast in this heat without getting drenched in sweat).

I will be staying at LK Ren in December, could you please advise how far a walk it is to Soi 6. Thanks

Just turn right out of the hotel, walk to the end of Soi Diana and get a baht bus. On the way back just hop off the baht bus at Mike's Mall and walk down "Art" street back to Soi Diana. Pretty easy that way.

hi guys I got some question, is it cheaper to book directly from the hotel or from Agoda?

how's the soundproofing in the rooms? can you hear next rooms and hallway easily? I hate rooms like that.

how reliable is the wifi in the room, the wifi is in the room right? not in lobby.

safety box in the room? girl friendly but only allow 1 girl? how much do they charge for 2nd girl? do they still charge if the 2nd girl is only staying for 1 hour and not the entire night?

24 hours security I bet, they will check girls ID? no ID no girl back in the room? thanks a lot guys so how much is the economy studio room going on now in low season?

hi guys I got some question, is it cheaper to book directly from the hotel or from agoda?

how's the soundproofing in the rooms? can you hear next rooms and hallway easily? I hate rooms like that. - Rooms are quiet but if you have a room near the front of the hotel, you will get noise from the bars across the street. I tried it once, but now I always book a deluxe room facing the back of the property - very quiet. There is no real hallway as the hall on each floor is an open balcony.

how reliable is the wifi in the room, the wifi is in the room right? not in lobby. - wifi can be spotty in the rooms. I generally use the free computers in the lobby.

safety box in the room? girl friendly but only allow 1 girl? how much do they charge for 2nd girl? do they still charge if the 2nd girl is only staying for 1 hour and not the entire night? - There are safes in the room...I have brought back two girls numerous time and have never been charged at the LKR for a 2nd girl

24 hours security I bet, they will check girls ID? no ID no girl back in the room? thanks a lot guys so how much is the economy studio room going on now in low season? - There are always a couple of staff members there at night and they do take up ID's and usually call in the morning (not always - depends on who is working). I have walked past the desk without bothering to stop a few times and just nodded at the guy, but I have been staying there since it opened and the guys know me. I would just check their website for prices for the time you want to stay.

hey tjvol thanks for the speedy and detailed reply.

so wifi in the rooms ain't too good huh? do you get disconnected a lot or is it really slow or not useable at all? I got my own laptop.

If you make reservation from their website...do you need to give credit card info? or you can just reserve the rooms with email and no cc and deposit?

this one sounds like a nice hotel.....how is this hotel compared to August and April suits? I can deciding between LK and August.

thanks again