IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

jp vic

I stayed at PBR from the 8th march until 13th and I had a number of problems with them. Firstly I booked 2 deluxe rooms, on arrival they only have one. second big problem is trhat the reservation email said that each room was 1497bht per night. When I came to pay they charged me 2200bht per night. I complained pointing out that the reservation stated 1497bht per night, they looked at there paperwork and admitted that they'd made a mistake but would only give me a 10% discount meaning I was paying 500bht more then I was expecting per night:-(. I did like the free Tuk Tuk service but getting back to the hotel at night was a bit of a pain.

The other issue for me is how old and shit the T.Vs are. for a hotel in at this price bracket I was expect LCD.

Positives are the great staff, an O.K pool and I liked the Cherry restaurant. Also found it to be nice and quiet during my stay.Didn't get around to using the gym so maybe next time.

At the moment I'm back in patts on the 16th May staying at the LK Ren for the first week but after that I'm not sure where to stay so I may look to stay at PBR again but only because of the low season prices.

PV

firstly i would have insisted that they stuck to the agreed price , secondly the rate on their website is 1999 baht for a deluxe room in high season and not 2200 so they never really knoced you any thing off , now i have never stayed here but am hoping to later in the year hopefully the points raised on here are teething problems due to change of management , but i will watch this space for any further updates

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brewster

• Havver

• jacksonmi6

• Mart39

firstly i would have insisted that they stuck to the agreed price , secondly the rate on their website is 1999 baht for a deluxe room in high season and not 2200 so they never really knoced you any thing off , now i have never stayed here but am hoping to later in the year hopefully the points raised on here are teething problems due to change of management , but i will watch this space for any further updates

Thanks for your reply. The price on the website doesn't include 7% tax so the actually price was 2140bht. Although this was an issue and I wasn't best pleased at the time PBR is generally a good hotel and I will be staying there for another week shortly. In the off season they are good value. If they updated the place it could be even better though. Give them a go, just don't expect the same luxury as LK ren/suites or Tim Boutique.

PV

Pattayavirgins first Trip:http://www.pattaya-a...s-patts-cherry/

Pattayavirgins second Trip: http://www.pattaya-a...-to-21st-march/

Any Good beer bar complexes around Pattaya Bay Resort?

have a great time.....next month...tell us what you think of pattaya when you get back!!!!!!

The price on the website doesn't include 7% tax so the actually price was 2140bht.

PV

I'd advise everyone to check closely as I've encountered this at The Citin Loft too on my first trip.

I thought I knew the price for a month but when I got there and paid it was substantially higher than expected.

They explained, and afterwards I checked their site again...and surprise surprise, there it was:

"Rate is subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax"

rather than the 'taxes inclusive' as others say when it's already included in the total.

It was no biggie at the time, but to some it might have been.

Always best to know in advance what we're getting into, whenever possible.

Peace,

TM

I came back from another stay about two weeks ago. Can't say much have changed since the new owners took over.

The only thing I noticed was that pretty much all the regular girls in the restaurant upstairs were gone and replaced with

new ones that weren't much fun. They did manage to keep the ONE girl that, I think, have never smiled once in her life.

Previous trips, when staying by the pool, I've always had a tab running and paid it once I was done and went back to the

room. This time I ordered a beer told them my room number, got the beer and started walking out toward the pool area again

and they started shouting "have to pay!". I asked if I couldn't run a tab and pay when I was done as I've always done and

after 5 minutes of discussion between them, apparently that was ok. After that I just payed up every time I had a drink.

The tv is shit, yes, but I probably had that on for 2 hours total on a 17 day trip so it's a non-issue for me.

This trip (5 previous stays) was the first time I've ever experienced any problems with the thin walls. Well, it wasn't really I who

experienced the problem, it was my neighbour. I'm usually out quite late (all relative I guess), getting home at 5am-7am and

I was talking to the girl I'd brought home at normal volume. After 5 minutes my neighbour starts banging on the wall screming

"shut up". So we lowered our voices but that wasn't good enough for this bastard so he starts banging the wall again, once

again screaming shut up. I had enough, starting banging on the wall myself, telling HIM to shut up. After that it was quiet.

I saw the guy the next day, older gentleman, 65+ I'd guess. He gave me the evil eye but I just laughed at him. I mean come on,

this is PATTAYA, not a retirement home. People WILL be bringing girls home in the early morning, deal with it, switch town or

switch hotel. I'm sure there are several hotels that are more suited for you.

The wifi has been bashed a bit recently, I found it to be excellent, except between 3pm and 7pm every day when I guess a lot

of us are using it. Good speeds, no losing connection every 5 minutes.

Booked my December trip while I was there and since I had the issue with them earlier about them wanting my credit card #

(which they later didn't need) I asked them if they wanted me to pay a deposit since it's right around christmas. Was told

that wasn't necessary since I was a returning guest.

To be completely honest, I do love the hotel, but the price in high season is starting to feel way over the top for what you

actually get. But like I've said before, it's the only hotel I've ever stayed in when I've been in Pattaya so it would just feel

plain weird staying anywhere else. I'm sure I could find something with the same or better standards cheaper, but it's just

a hassle starting to look for something new when you're already quite satisfied with what you have. Also it will be my first

trip around christmas and in the real high season, thought I'd play it safe.

Booked my August trip last week and at 999b (+7% tax) with every 7th night free, it's still a pretty good deal.

I will probably keep going there until something drastic happpens.

Edited by Havver

• 3 weeks later...

Bit out of date but here's my 2 cents based on a 4 week stay in Feb. On the plus side fantastic staff at reception, very friendly and security conscious, good cleaners and nice staff on rooftop cafe. The free taxi bus service is a brucie bonus, but best of all is the location, nr Soi Diana/LK/Bukhaow and not far from Soi Chaiapoom for Thaigerline golf....backs onto Avenue shopping leisure centre and second road result!!!!!The hotel has a lot to commend it but my loom at theback was a bit dark and looked over waste

ground + old fashioned furniture...good place that needs some dosh spending on updating the rooms.

Last point internet...on day 1-3 great, then th689200-city.jpgey "upgraded" the system, thereafter hit and miss in loom but ok in reception. 6/10

It's a nice hotel, but if you book through the board booking form it might be worth contacting the hotel directly to check that your booking went through correctly. I booked for three nights over last weekend through the boeard booking form and was told on arrival that they hadn't received my booking. They had a room for one night but then I had to find somewhere else to stay on Saturday and Sunday... bit of a pain.

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

How are the girls working at the hotel? Is it possible to get extra service from them? :WinkGrin1:

The reception girls are cute and I've seen them out on WS with farangs, possibly hotel customers. Auw is a particular favourite of mine, but she knows my TGF...

The reception girls are cute and I've seen them out on WS with farangs, possibly hotel customers. Auw is a particular favourite of mine, but she knows my TGF...

The girls in the hotel are really nice and friendly, both at reception and in top floor cafe....great staff, rooftop pool and location are brill...darkish looms (at the back) and iffy wifi tho.

• 1 month later...

I didn't know that the hotel is a little out of the way to the hot spot around the area. Now I'm looking for other hotel to stay. The reason I was interested in this hotel was the airport pickup. I just want to stay some where in the same area, anyone have another idea? about the same price ok? thanks.

I didn't know that the hotel is a little out of the way to the hot spot around the area. Now I'm looking for other hotel to stay. The reason I was interested in this hotel was the airport pickup. I just want to stay some where in the same area, anyone have another idea? about the same price ok? thanks.

Mate this is a good hotel and its location is bang on - cut thru avenue shopping centre and you are on second road and all the action..2 mins walk...maybe longer if you are on zimmer tho :GoldenSmile1: