Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Areca lodge ?

jim2k

I stayed at Dynasty Inn aswell as Areca last trip, it was OK, but the whole place had a damp urine smell.. Prefered Areca overall, but Dynasty had great wi-fi in room and theres no 20+ joiner fee limit - unike Areca.

Why any monger would stay at a hotel that enforces a joiner fee is beyond me!

• 4 months later...

I stayed at Areca on my last trip(Evergreen). Room was nice and clean, staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall i was very happy with my stay there.

However on my last day i got a call from credit card company asking about unusual activity on my card. It had been used in Thailand. I never made any withdraws, payments etc. when i was in Thailand. Only internet payment i made within last 6 months was to pay room through Agoda. That card was in safety box whole time i was in LOS, since it was my backup card in case other one gets stolen.

So basically there is only two options who might have stolen my card: Agoda or Areca staff. I seriously doubt it would have been stolen when booking my room, since everything is transmitted SSL encrypted and normal office workers should't have access to credit card info.

Im not blaming Areca staff since i dont have 100% proof. Just be careful. No cash or anything else disappeared from my room.

This is going to be my first time staying at Acrea lodge. I'm hope it's as good as the reviews. I'm hoping that the policies won't be annoying though, but the pictures look pretty good...

I stayed at evergreen building.2 nights.

Pros

great location

good pool

Cons

damp smell in room

old furnitures

very noisy AC ( I am a lightsleeper I could not sleep for hours)

I will never pay 1800-2000baht for this service again.Many many alternatives at this price range

great hotel and good location

must be i tried to book a room for August 09/08/12 but is booked out, looking for something similar. Edited by feenzy

I'm here now at areca and wish I hadn't booked. Yes pool and location is good but staff are unfriendly and charge for things that I would expect to be included. I have sorted this out with manager Mallica, but it should not have come to this. I am sure there are far better deals around from the signs I have seen alone.

I'm here now at areca and wish I hadn't booked. Yes pool and location is good but staff are unfriendly and charge for things that I would expect to be included. I have sorted this out with manager Mallica, but it should not have come to this. I am sure there are far better deals around from the signs I have seen alone.

Sorry to hear that but i think that management are trying to screw everyone, not just Areca Lodge. I've had hassles over the years, anyway have agood one..

Reading through the many posts about this hotel should put off the hardcore mongers. Joiner fees for a 2nd girl, no girls under 20 and generally monger-unfriendly staff are all enough for me.

sorry to hear that. this hotel is ranked number 1 among board members, so they must be doing something right. they are booked solid most of the time. i stayed there last feb. and had a great stay. i would highly recommend it. i guess you cant please everyone all the time.

Oh, I am really afraid of what I read here. I am going there on 5th of Aug to stay 14 nights. If they charging only for 2nd girl, it is ok for me because I always prefer 1 girl. But, what about other costs? Please tell me, I did not make a wrong choice.

Edit: Areca changed their web-sites which sucks definitely. Web page takes at least 5 minutes to be seen in every each page. Very amateurish and big fail.

Edited by footopic

Im confused does Areca lodge have joiner fee or not? And a 20+ limit?

As far as I understood, they do charge only if you bring second girl with you. They do not charge for 1 girl. Besides, they only allow girls aged 20+.

no charge for 1 girl. they must be 20 years old. have fun, you have made a good choice. very nice place!

Not very nice if your girl of choice is 19 or if you fancy a three-some. It might be a "nice place" but it's a good choice for most mongers.

• 10 years later...

I'm staying at the Areca from 17th Jan for one month. I'm aware that the "roadworks" are still ongoing on Bukhao Soi 15. Is it possible to access the Avenue Mall from the rear of the hotel at the moment?

Edited by purescience

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

30 minutes ago, purescience said:

I'm staying at the Areca from 17th Jan for one month. I'm aware that the "roadworks" are still ongoing on Bukhao Soi 15. Is it possible to access the Avenue Mall from the rear of the hotel at the moment?

When I was there in nov there was a sign saying it was closed, but I didnt go and check.

I think the core of the works is moving up towards Bukhao, so hopefully they will reopen it.

I prefer to do most of my business via that entrance, to avoid the Reception Staff at the front from judging me.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

4 minutes ago, purescience said:

I think the core of the works is moving up towards Bukhao, so hopefully they will reopen it.

I prefer to do most of my business via that entrance, to avoid the Reception Staff at the front from judging me.

They have seen it all and couldnt care less

12 hours ago, purescience said:

Is it possible to access the Avenue Mall from the rear of the hotel at the moment?

It is still closed off and all works on the road seem to have stopped and so nobody will have any idea when it will be open again!

22 hours ago, purescience said:

Yes very possible.

I just left after 2 1/2 weeks there and the road work is finished behind the Areca on Soi 15.

I stay at the back Evergreen Building, and you can just unhook the green mesh and exit and enter. When the guard back there and notices you he will open it for you. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

21 hours ago, purescience said:

Judging you...?

the know all ready you are a pervert...😂

most people go to Pattaya to fuck women...

we are not here for the beaches...?

On 03/01/2023 at 15:00, purescience said:

First of all they are not going to judge you, not sure where this came from.

You do know you're staying in Pattaya. 

Second you can just come in the driveway off the front of the hotel on Soi Diana if you don't to be judged by the lobby staff. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2023 at 16:36, LeoTex said:

Yes very possible.

I just left after 2 1/2 weeks there and the road work is finished behind the Areca on Soi 15.

I stay at the back Evergreen Building, and you can just unhook the green mesh and exit and enter. When the guard back there and notices you he will open it for you. 

Hi @LeoTex

Hope you can help me out mate regarding the rooms at Areca ?

I'm returning to Pattaya after a far too long an absence in early March !!

One big factor in my reluctance to have ever stayed at the Areca, is the appearance (taken from yt reviews) of the rooms only having the shower over the bathtub.

Are there any wings of the hotel that feature bathrooms with a walk in shower ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mr magoo.

1 hour ago, Mr magoo said:

Hi @LeoTex

Hope you can help me out mate regarding the rooms at Areca ?

I'm returning to Pattaya after a far too long an absence in early March !!

One big factor in my reluctance to have ever stayed at the Areca, is the appearance (taken from yt reviews) of the rooms only having the shower over the bathtub.

Are there any wings of the hotel that feature bathrooms with a walk in shower ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mr magoo.

The 'Standard Room Plus' in the front Acrea Building has rain shower walk in on floor 3 or higher.

That same room on the 2nd floor has bathtub with overhead shower. 

Get on their website www. arecalodge.com and pull down the room tab at the top. Click on 'Standard Room Plue' and you see the photo of the rooms your looking for. 

Pull down the the 'rate' tab and you see the prices for each room as well whih of the 3 building the room is located in.