Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Areca lodge ?

jim2k

Is it difficult to get to Walking St from Areca Lodge or is it far to walk over the soi 7 and 8?

You can take a baht bus from Soi Bukhao to WS, and a baht bus on Second Rd to Soi 7 and 8.

Depending on which wing your in.. can leave out the back walk through 'The Avenue' shopping mall.. or just walk out of main entrance turn left down Soi Dianna and your on 2nd road outside KISS FOOD.

Me and a friend stayed there on our last trip. We shared a 2 bedroom on the bottom floor in the Evergreen wing, very clean and fresh.. I have nothing to complain about. Friendly staff, great poolarea and one of the hottest TGs I have ever seen worked in the bar :GoldenSmile1: Ok, joiner fee is not good. But as I understand it most real hotels have that now..

Also, if you live in the area and only want to use their pool you can pay 200bt/day,

I stayed there for a few days last Nov and brought one girl back for the few days I was there, no issue, no joiner fee. She is 20+. That was in the Coruna wing (Standard Double). The room was fine. Wifi worked well and was free. Nice layout, and with the 2 pools it look like a proper resort hotel. The gym I saw was small (but who cares), can do press-up's in the bedroom :WinkGrin1:

I like Soi Diana and the LK Metro / Soi Buakow area, and have stayed in LK Metropole before (which was more expensive than Areca). I'd rather pay an extra €10 per night (400 baht) for a hotel with a pool & that's quiet at night than take a chance on those under 1,000, just my preference.

I'm staying in the Evergreen wing in May for 13 nights, I think it was close to €600 for the stay, with breakfast.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

i myself also like to stay at a quiet place that has a pool with security. for the extra few bucks, areca fit my taste. i will stay there again.

Well mates, I have booked Areca Lodge with Agoda. The voucher that is sent by Agoda is signed only by Agoda. Don't you think that it should also need to be signed by Areca. I'm in doubt but anyway I will be there in Aug 2012 for 14 days.

Join the 'Ace Club' when you join.. think it costs 750 Baht.. but you get a discount on room rate think its 290 Baht a night off... so if your staying for a while it will pay itself off... Make sure you do it when you check in.

Well mates, I have booked Areca Lodge with Agoda. The voucher that is sent by Agoda is signed only by Agoda. Don't you think that it should also need to be signed by Areca. I'm in doubt but anyway I will be there in Aug 2012 for 14 days.

i used agoda and never had a problem. i e-mailed my booking from agoda to areca and no problem.

i just spent 2 nights at the Areca last Tuesday and Wednesday...Nice hotel and nice room, very good location but i hated the fact that the breakfast was so so and that there were too many russian tourists staying there...I even had to share my breakfast table with a couple of tourists from Russia koz there were no more seats for me at around 9.30 am !!

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

You can easily walk to Walking Street from Areca Lodge. There are 3 ways:

Walking - take shortcut over to The Avenue then walk from there.

Walk to Beach Rd and take Baht bus.

Walk to Soi Bukhoa and take Baht bus (heading South Pattaya Road). Baht bus will make a RIGHT from Soi Bukhoa onto South Pattaya Road. Get off at South Pattaya Road and 2nd road.

Soi Bukhao baht bus is the easiest of the 3 from Areca.

I had a room close to the reception.....very very noisy

But a goodlooking receptionist ;)

Only ever stayed in Evergreen and its silent.. never heard a sound.

The original one would get noise i would imagine. Not sure about corona.

Here are some pictures of Acera Lodge (Evergreen Wing)

more pictures

which room category does these pics belong to??? are they the superior rooms in the evergreen tower???

Areca Lodge on Adoda http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/areca_lodge_hotel.html

Areca Lodge on the Pattaya-Addicts booking site (we are fairly sure this is the cheapest rate around) http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/hotels-pattaya/

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Join the 'Ace Club' when you join.. think it costs 750 Baht.. but you get a discount on room rate think its 290 Baht a night off... so if your staying for a while it will pay itself off... Make sure you do it when you check in.

This is a decent deal but the math isnt quite so simple. It applies only to the standard rates on The Areca Website.

For example

Standard Room - 14 nights

On Areca Site this is 1650 x 14 = 23,100 + the cost of the card (750) = 23,800.

Discount 290 x 14 = 4,060

Net Cost = 19,740

Book 14 nights at Areca on the Pattaya Addicts Booking Website 1402 x 14 = 19,628.

A saving of just 12 Baht but Addicts get a commission.... thank you! 555

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

At the Areca currently. Another great stay. The room I have in the Corona Wing is more than satisfactory for 1650 a night, even made breakfast when I have woken up before 10!

I have stayed in the Evergreen before but would say for 300 baht or so less, I would book in the Corona Wing in the future

WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME ,WHEN WE DONT KNOW VERY WELL LOS !

IS IT FAR ?IS CLOSED ?? FROM, WS OR Soi6 OR ................................YOU WILL SEE IN LOS EVERYPLACE IS CLOSED §§§§§

MOTO TAXI ,BATH BUS .EVEN IF YOU HAVE 2 OR 3 TG TO BRING BACK YOUR LOOOOOM YOU PAY 100BATHS AND THE BATH BUS GO JUST FOR YOU §§§

dont spent your time thinking about that and enjoy LOS§§§ :Help_Wanted:

stayed at the areca 3 or 4 times . location great , s/pool great , hotel average ( for the cost ) better value hotels nearby , in my opinion . dynasty soi13 , Opey de place soi lenkee etc.

At Pattaya-addicts booking page linked here http://pattaya-addicts.com.r24.asia/638139/Areca-Lodge

It says that rates are not available for china,israel,arab and indian countries? What does this mean? Does it mean that they do not accept people from those countries? If so, why?

(I am not one of them by the way)

Another question, "w/BF" is written near room names. What is this again. Sorry but I am not famiiar with this abbreviation.

It says that rates are not available for china,israel,arab and indian countries? What does this mean? Does it mean that they do not accept people from those countries? If so, why?

Another question, "w/BF" is written near room names. What is this again. Sorry but I am not famiiar with this abbreviation.

to answer your first question,

Whenever i have stayed at the Areca, there have always been various nationalities there, so it's probably something to do with being able to book online, rather than being from a certain country.

second question,

I would think that w/BF means 'with breakfast'

Earning money for my next Thai flight

stayed at the areca 3 or 4 times . location great , s/pool great , hotel average ( for the cost ) better value hotels nearby , in my opinion . dynasty soi13 , Opey de place soi lenkee etc.

I stayed at Dynasty Inn aswell as Areca last trip, it was OK, but the whole place had a damp urine smell.. Prefered Areca overall, but Dynasty had great wi-fi in room and theres no 20+ joiner fee limit - unike Areca.