IGNORED

China Garden Hotel

Pattayarox

Hi guys just back from 16 days in LOS :(

I had booked a jacuzzi room in the China Garden for Sat and Sun 23rd/24th I arrived on Friday as I got my dates wrong and asked for the room, the girl on reception was taking my payment and then she told me I was a day early, I kinda half knew but wasn't 100% positive anyway she told me the hotel was booked out, I asked would a room be coming available and she said no it was booked out completely, then as she looked through her log book she said I could take managers room for the night if I wanted. I said yes that would do, the room was on the top floor and was in fabulous nick, I was chuffed.

There is only 1 fault with this hotel and that is there is no lift only stairs personally does not bother me at all so I didn't care but some older folk might, although when arriving the lads from the kitchen were straight out to help me carry my bags upstairs.

The next day I was moved to the Jacuzzi room :) for my 2 nights of m "relaxation" haha, the Jacuzzi rooms again are fab with a massive jacuzzi in them.

After my 2 nights in the Jacuzzi room I wanted to stay the rest of my stay in the hotel and luckily enough they accommodated me :-)

the food in the restaurant is top notch the girls are brilliant cleaning ladies the lot.

It is located perfectly right beside Soi Diana as my usual start off point is MEGABREAK. All amenities right beside it, Jolly Friar, pharmacies, 7-11 and ATM's

The hotel is in immaculate condition all mod-cons, Flat screen tv's big bathroom sturdy beds(ha ha very important).

I honestly can't recommend this place enough. I had free accommodation sorted but wanted to stay for a couple of nights with the Jacuzzi room but ended up staying there for the remainder of my trip.

Now to the best part and this is UNBELIEVABLE the cost of the Jacuzzi room per night is 800Baht and the normal rooms are 500Baht!!!!!

Seriously you will not get better for even double that price!

I never met Ian the owner but have to say fair play to him he will be a very wealthy man in a short time because this place will be full all of the time!

Get your arse's there, book in advance advised!

By the way Pattayarox!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pattayarox

• Soi Six Snatch Sniffer

• dayo202

• China Garden

Good review bud thanks.

I hear the place getting some good things said about it on here. Jacuzzi rooms are a great price and I am sure the place will be very popular.

What about a pool and is it noisy at night?

Good review bud thanks.

I hear the place getting some good things said about it on here. Jacuzzi rooms are a great price and I am sure the place will be very popular.

What about a pool and is it noisy at night?

There is no pool but you can go across the road to JP Court and use their pool for

100baht set up by Ian.

There can be some noise from the bar next door and i remember on my last night it

went on until 5am the next morning.

I decided to go out on my last night something i never do before a long flight and

did not get back to my room until 02.30am and not worth going to sleep as my taxi was

due at 5am, anyway with the music still coming from the bar next door i would have not

got much sleep.

As i was waiting for my taxi at 5am they were chucking out from the bar next door in what seems

to have been good night there. not sure what it's like now i was there in May/June

Very good review of the jacuzzi room thank you :Clap: . I am there in 18 days but in the there other rooms ,did you get the chance to see those rooms ,any info would be appreciated :Thanks3:

Very good review of the jacuzzi room thank you :Clap: . I am there in 18 days but in the there other rooms ,did you get the chance to see those rooms ,any info would be appreciated :Thanks3:

Yeah I spent 2 night's in the JACUZZI :) and then another 4 night's in the other rooms, the rooms are very modern brand new really big bathroom big bed flat screen tv air con is brilliant plenty of locker and wardrobe space honestly your gonna love it for the price too only 500b per night its basically FREE haha it could be 1000b a night and thats still amazing value!!

Regarding the noise levels, you are in a very popular part of town so there is obv gonna be some noise but what I did and my tip to others is become part of the noise haha grab the moth and give her socks!!!!

LOL

PATTAYAROX

Just another note lads the Jacuzzi's themselves are very big I had me and 3 other lady friends in there one night and there still was plenty of room!!!

cheers Pattayarox for the reviews......

5 weeks i be booking into house of fun (China Garden)

Dayo :GoldenSmile1:

Dayo...

cheers Pattayarox for the reviews......

5 weeks i be booking into house of fun (China Garden)

Well 5 weeks is a bit away have you booked yet? If you haven't you should :) 55555

Pattayarox

Just another note lads the Jacuzzi's themselves are very big I had me and 3 other lady friends in there one night and there still was plenty of room!!!

Was there any extra charge for taking more than one lady back to the hote?

John

Was there any extra charge for taking more than one lady back to the hote?

John

No nowt :-)

Next time I'll try 4 girls and me :)

Pattayarox

slightly off topic here guys but here goes. i am staying at cgh in a months time, if i walk to the top of soi lengkee where it meets soi boukaw and get on a baht bus, where will it take me, will it take me to Walking Street. i have never got on a baht bus there so not sure of the route.

slightly off topic here guys but here goes. i am staying at cgh in a months time, if i walk to the top of soi lengkee where it meets soi boukaw and get on a baht bus, where will it take me, will it take me to walking street. i have never got on a baht bus there so not sure of the route.

Personally don't know Reg I only ever use bikes but I'm sure you'll get the info soon.

Personally don't know Reg I only ever use bikes but I'm sure you'll get the info soon.

me too usually but i have my 10 year old and a lady with me this time. thai lady of course. :D

slightly off topic here guys but here goes. i am staying at cgh in a months time, if i walk to the top of soi lengkee where it meets soi boukaw and get on a baht bus, where will it take me, will it take me to walking street. i have never got on a baht bus there so not sure of the route.

If you take a bus travelling from right to left (southbound) it will take you to the corner of 2nd road where you can hop off and walk maybe no more than 200m to the start of Walking St

Comming back is a bit more problematic only limited buses go up Pattaya Tai into Soi Backhow later so I usually go north on 2nd road to Mikes shopping mall and walk up Soi Dianna Inn to Backhow about 400m I guess

Well 5 weeks is a bit away have you booked yet? If you haven't you should :) 55555

Pattayarox

i booked room 304 with jacuzzi few months ago, lucky i did they 'choc er block' in month of Sept

Dayo...

i booked room 304 with jacuzzi few months ago, lucky i did they 'choc er block' in month of Sept

Thats the room I'd stayed in :-)

pattayarox

Yeah I spent 2 night's in the JACUZZI :) and then another 4 night's in the other rooms, the rooms are very modern brand new really big bathroom big bed flat screen tv air con is brilliant plenty of locker and wardrobe space honestly your gonna love it for the price too only 500b per night its basically FREE haha it could be 1000b a night and thats still amazing value!!

Regarding the noise levels, you are in a very popular part of town so there is obv gonna be some noise but what I did and my tip to others is become part of the noise haha grab the moth and give her socks!!!!

LOL

PATTAYAROX

:Hello: thanks for the info ,that sounds great, as for the noise that will not be a problem :Thanks3:

Depends on which direction you're going.South bound goes west on south patts road then back up 2nd road.I think north bound goes up to Klang then over second road,but not sure on that one.Not sure how to get back the same way though.I just took 2nd road to soi diana and walked across to Boukao.

Can't believe your son's bringing a GF to Patts.

That's like bringing food to a buffet.

Edited by PattayaFanatic

Just stayed in CGH for two weeks sampled both types of rooms which are brand new, of course.

Fantastic bathrooms, good furniture, amazing beds (easily enough room for 3!!)42" flat screen tv,

powerful air con, yes loved everything about it. Ian has got this place just about right.

500baht per night for the standard room(No balcony) and 800baht for the large Jaccuzi room (double balcony).

Noise levels from the next door club are quite a problem if you come back to the room

early to sleep, it's very load! But it wasn't every night so I was ok.

The low season room rate is outstanding and i was going to book the Jaccuzi room again for 16 days

in November, but after October the rate increases by 75% to 1,400baht and with no pool

or breakfast, there are better deals around in hotels in better locations like; Inn House and April Suites.

But low season China Gardens is 100% great value for your Baht.

:10of10Score:

Hi Reg

If you come out of China Garden walk to the end of soi lengkee where it's meets Soi Baukaow you can get a baht bus to Walking Street and get off on the corner of second road by the

traffic lights cost 10 baht.remember to stay on the same side of soi baukaow do not

cross over.

On way back get baht bus from where you got off on second road,to Kiss restaurant on the right

and walk through soi Diana and that will bring you to the crossroads and back to soi lengkee.

Edited by Rainsberger

The walk from the Kiss Restaurant back to the China Garden hotel, via Soi Diana, is approx 500/600 metres. Not so good if you are a bit the worse for wear, and with a little Thai girl in high heels.

We all know how much they hate walking!

Just a thought.

John

Take a motortaxi, they aren't that expensive. From soi diamond/soi7 my BF & I took one motortaxi (I'm small size) to China Garden is 60-80B. With 2 person on, they normally drive slow. From Soi6 I took one alone for 60B back to China Garden, paid him 10B more if he drives slower, which he did.

Edit: Soi Diana to China Garden should be 20B by motortaxi, as I ever took one from Soi Honey end to LK Metro during my first trip.

Edited by zmanz

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

In over 23 years of visiting Pattaya, I have never used a motor bike or motor bike taxi. Once glance at the accident statistics was enough to deter me. I personally know of four Thai people who were even killed on motor bikes, and lots more who were injured, some quite badly.

On my very first trip to Pattaya in 1988, I played golf at Siam Country Club, and met up with a Thai doctor on the first tee. He worked at Pattaya Memorial Hospital and after the round and a few drinks his strong advice was never to use motor bikes in Thailand. He worked in A & E, and had some horrific tales to tell. I have always followed his advice since.

Older visitors my have heard of this doctor. He was a well known Pattaya character and went under the name of Doctor Sam. He was a founder member and I believe a share holder in Siam Country Club & Golf Course.

Unfortunately he was a very heavy drinker and died of liver damage prematurely. Shame as he was really a great bloke.

A bit off topic I know, but still worth a mention.

John