Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Football season 2011/12.

Thaihot

Manchester City went 5 points clear from United with a easy win 3-0 with Blackburn Rovers, Hart only made one save in 92 minutes... Putting the pressure on United who will play on form Norwich at Carrow Rd tomorrow at 13.30pm at the same time as Arsenal and Spurs, Arsenal will be looking for a win to keep the pace for the top four places for the Champion League next season.... Liverpool playing tomorrow in the carling cup final with Cardiff....Chelsea won today 3-0.. Looks likely fourth places is only chances that Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe Newcastle will have to take... That would leave the big two out of champion League next season with a potential £40 million in revenue loss for the year of 2013, will be diificult to accept...

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurs lost to Arsenal 5-2 even though they were leading two nil, was a big blow in their quest to win the premiership, now they are 10 points behind City and 8 points behind United, Arsene is relieved to have that big win after suffering a bad time recently , United was very lucky to have the injury time winner from the veteran Giggsy, to win 1-2 against Norwich, Another United Veteran Scholes also scored, I thought Norwich did not deserve that result, after playing a very good attacking football,, United, De Gea was on top of the form... Liverpool won the carling Cup final by penalties to Cardiff at Wembly, it was heartbreaking for Cardiff who played heroically right up to the extra time, with a two minute from time leveller... Steve Gerrand cousin Anthony Gerrand of Cardiff misses the vital penalty to hand over his beloved Liverpool the cup... Congratulations to Liverpool FC....

Spurs lost to Arsenal 5-2 even though they were leading two nil, was a big blow in their quest to win the premiership, now they are 10 points behind City and 8 points behind United, Arsene is relieved to have that big win after suffering a bad time recently , United was very lucky to have the injury time winner from the veteran Giggsy, to win 1-2 against Norwich, Another United Veteran Scholes also scored, I thought Norwich did not deserve that result, after playing a very good attacking football,, United, De Gea was on top of the form... Liverpool won the carling Cup final by penalties to Cardiff at Wembly, it was heartbreaking for Cardiff who played heroically right up to the extra time, with a two minute from time leveller... Steve Gerrand cousin Anthony Gerrand of Cardiff misses the vital penalty to hand over his beloved Liverpool the cup... Congratulations to Liverpool FC....

Spurs deserved to get beat and seemed just a tad too cockey expecting to beat the gunners.

Oscar. Gareth Bale. I like him and the sooner he moves to Barcelona the better. Just a shame he brushed his leg against the keeper and conned the ref into giving a penalty. Come on Gareth you are better than that.

Sinner. Assou-Ekotto. He set up Van Persie for the Arsenal second goal with a very weak clearance. In that postion you need to welly it out of the stadium not set up one of the best strikers in the world. Sure he still had a bit to do but he has that in his locker. So Assou-Ekotto there is no point in scoring a woinder goal one week and then giving away a softy the next week. Your a defender so defend.

Shiner. Rosicky. What a transformation for a player seemed destined to be shipped out on a free a few months back.

Liverpool. Way over the top celebrations after the penalty win and apart from the penalty miss what else did S. Gerrard contribute. Far from lifting the team and winning the cup single handed, as he's done before, he seemed more of a passenger. Hope it's down to fitness and he finds his form for the end of the season. Liverpool are now a big part of the second tier of the Premier League. How many of their players would get in the Manchester teams.

Gob of the Week. Torres. Nice one and well recored just as he came on as a sub.

Spurs deserved to get beat and seemed just a tad too cockey expecting to beat the gunners.

Oscar. Gareth Bale. I like him and the sooner he moves to Barcelona the better. Just a shame he brushed his leg against the keeper and conned the ref into giving a penalty. Come on Gareth you are better than that.

Sinner. Assou-Ekotto. He set up Van Persie for the Arsenal second goal with a very weak clearance. In that postion you need to welly it out of the stadium not set up one of the best strikers in the world. Sure he still had a bit to do but he has that in his locker. So Assou-Ekotto there is no point in scoring a woinder goal one week and then giving away a softy the next week. Your a defender so defend.

Shiner. Rosicky. What a transformation for a player seemed destined to be shipped out on a free a few months back.

Liverpool. Way over the top celebrations after the penalty win and apart from the penalty miss what else did S. Gerrard contribute. Far from lifting the team and winning the cup single handed, as he's done before, he seemed more of a passenger. Hope it's down to fitness and he finds his form for the end of the season. Liverpool are now a big part of the second tier of the Premier League. How many of their players would get in the Manchester teams.

Gob of the Week. Torres. Nice one and well recored just as he came on as a sub.

Excelllent wriiten, Enjoyed it, where have you been , Welcome to the forum.... :c45ec00b:

We have been so hot and cold this season - perhaps superb and shite would be a better description. However I sleep easier after whupping Spuds 5-2 :)

Also agree with others re Bale, he can be awesome but I think he will go. If Harry leaves, Levy will never resist the amount of money rumored to be offered, and who can blame him. A new manager always wants some level of rebuilding and money from Bale and Modric would raise more money than most managers can dream of these days, perhaps Chelsea and City excepted. Levy was much maligned in his early years, considered a bit of a joke in many circles, but he has proved himself now, especially in the "I back Harry" argument over Modric. I think he is shrewd enough to back any new manager he appoints equally and that will mean making cash available.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Rosicky has been playing a lot better recently and had a superb game on Sunday. Despite the slightly biased ref(celebrating their first goal) we never deserved to go 2 down.

Friedel made some excellent saves,having said that the Sagna goal came at the right time and his enthusiasm in retrieving the ball seem to have galvanized the team and to equalise just before half time was as good for us as it was bad for them. Don't know what H was doing with the substitutions though. A great day and a great win,7 points could be four by the weekend.

Arsenal won at Anfield with a injury time winner from Man of the Match Van Persie to stay on fourth place behind Spurs, with Liverpool stayin at seventh place with ten points behind Arsenal , I thought the draw would be a fair result even though Liverpool had more chances than arsenal , Penalty save was excellent, he made a double save at the minute from Kuyt...Arsenal will be bouyant mood after beating Spurs last week., I think their confidence will be sky high that will help them to stay in the top four..

Manchester City go five points clear on top from Manchester United (Playing tomorrow at Spurs) beating Bolton at home 2-0... With eleven matches left, they have a good chance to win the Premiership first time since 1968, they will be hoping Spurs to beat United tomorrow .. AVB job is in trouble again when Chelsea lost to West Brom 1-0, probably bit too late to find the new boss as season nearly comes to end, they might as well let him do the job til the end of the season...

Big day today, a good session, then watch the beloved Spurs beat the Manx.

Great match between Newcastle and Sunderland which ended up with nine yellow cards and one send off (Sunderland), 1-1 draw was a fair result, Sunderland Goalie had made some great save including the penalty, Enjoyed the match... Other Note, as expected Chelsea has sacked AVB within an hour, I feel sorry for him, probably he is too nice to be a manager, always a good loser in my opinion, I hope he will go on to manage again and to be successful again..

Great match between Newcastle and Sunderland which ended up with nine yellow cards and one send off (Sunderland), 1-1 draw was a fair result, Sunderland Goalie had made some great save including the penalty, Enjoyed the match... Other Note, as expected Chelsea has sacked AVB within an hour, I feel sorry for him, probably he is too nice to be a manager, always a good loser in my opinion, I hope he will go on to manage again and to be successful again..

Jocky how can you say a draw was a fair result , we were al over them second half , we should have had a penalty before the one we missed , it helped they only had 10 men , but we murdered them mackems second haif

Jocky how can you say a draw was a fair result , we were al over them second half , we should have had a penalty before the one we missed , it helped they only had 10 men , but we murdered them mackems second haif

Hello.you are probably right, why am i saying it is a fair result because the send off was wrong in my opinion, a yellow card would be sufficient, Tiote was clever to have him send off with his reaction... lol... And the penalty save and Suderland was winning one nil going into the injury time.... Hope you will enjoy the Cheltenham next week, and raise your Holiday funds... Ruby Walsh to top the cheltenham jockey winners next week...

2 sent off mate, cattermole got his marching orders after the final whistle

2 sent off mate, cattermole got his marching orders after the final whistle

Never saw that ??? What for ?

United won the extremely important three points to stay two points behind Manchester City with a 1-3 win against Spurs at White Hart Lane, Two away matches win including Norwich with a injury time winner from Giggsy shown they are gunning for the premiership title again... Pressure was on United before the match now that pressure is back on City next week,,, Seems to me there will be a two horse race in 11 matches run in with City leaving Spurs trying to hold on to their third place from incoming North London rivals Arsenal or possibly Chelsea....

For foul and abusive language against the ref after the final whistle was blown - didn't help that he had a yellow card from the game also...

9 people can't make a baby in one month

For foul and abusive language against the ref after the final whistle was blown - didn't help that he had a yellow card from the game also...

:Bow: For your news... Silly of him..

Arsenal won at Anfield with a injury time winner from Man of the Match Van Persie to stay on fourth place behind Spurs, with Liverpool stayin at seventh place with ten points behind Arsenal , I thought the draw would be a fair result even though Liverpool had more chances than arsenal , Penalty save was excellent, he made a double save at the minute from Kuyt...Arsenal will be bouyant mood after beating Spurs last week., I think their confidence will be sky high that will help them to stay in the top four..

This seems to be the story of our season so far.

Im still scratching my head as to how we lost this one, then again if you dont stick the ball in the net you cant expect to win games.

I think in the summer there will be 1 or 2 new signings for the attack.

Im still scratching my head as to how we lost this one, then again if you dont stick the ball in the net you cant expect to win games.

Will they get rid of Andy Carroll, or Suarez ? Heard the owners is not happy with him, Standard and Chartered is giving the owners a bad time over Suarez.

Basically thanks to two world class players, RVP & the very underated Szczesny...i doubt any other keeper would have got less recognition after so many great saves.

I think Liverpool could well be losing Henderson for a few games as well ...dirty bastard!

Just saw bits & pieces of this game. Poor defending for all goals.

Goal 1. Highlights again the weakness in the center of the Arsenal back four. Why didn't Wenger try and buy Samba?

Goal 2. Great cross from Sagna. Whipped in with real pace but Carragher and Reina were both in no mansland. Carragher, although a great servant, days must be numbered.

Goal 3. Again Renia rooted but still should have got something on it.

Shot of the match. Sagna, maybe still excited from his goal last week, left foot outside the box and the ball ended up going for a throw on exactly the same spot on the other side of the pitch. Still he made up for it with that cross and his hair looks great.

Big day today, a good session, then watch the beloved Spurs beat the Manx.

Was never going to happen with that midfield.

Weekend goal count for the young pretenders looking to lead the front line in Euro 2012 = Zero. Young took both his goals very well and could be an option. Defoe smacked on in with the game over. No idea why Harry is playing Saha. Zamora, I still love the old crowd chant to the tune of 'Thats Armoa.' When it comes of his head it ends in Row Z thats Zamora, tucked one away. But, how does this sound,

'Rickie Lambert's 16th-minute volley, his 24th goal of the season that almost uprooted the net, was all that separated the teams.'

I love the expression 'Uprooted the net.' The trendy thing now is to side foot (almost pass the ball) into the corner and it looks great. Very Barcelona if you are good enough. But, if you are not, then go the other way and uproot the net. There will be calls for Zamora now but Harry, with his house on the south coast and having managed a few clubs in the area should have his spies in place looking for players with uprooting net potential.

Goal 1. Highlights again the weakness in the center of the Arsenal back four. Why didn't Wenger try and buy Samba?

Goal 2. Great cross from Sagna. Whipped in with real pace but Carragher and Reina were both in no mansland. Carragher, although a great servant, days must be numbered.

Shot of the match. Sagna, maybe still excited from his goal last week, left foot outside the box and the ball ended up going for a throw on exactly the same spot on the other side of the pitch. Still he made up for it with that cross and his hair looks great.

Was never going to happen with that midfield.

Weekend goal count for the young pretenders looking to lead the front line in Euro 2012 = Zero. Young took both his goals very well and could be an option. Defoe smacked on in with the game over. No idea why Harry is playing Saha. Zamora, I still love the old crowd chant to the tune of 'Thats Armoa.' When it comes of his head it ends in Row Z thats Zamora, tucked one away. But, how does this sound,

'Rickie Lambert's 16th-minute volley, his 24th goal of the season that almost uprooted the net, was all that separated the teams.'

I love the expression 'Uprooted the net.' The trendy thing now is to side foot (almost pass the ball) into the corner and it looks great. Very Barcelona if you are good enough. But, if you are not, then go the other way and uproot the net. There will be calls for Zamora now but Harry, with his house on the south coast and having managed a few clubs in the area should have his spies in place looking for players with uprooting net potential.

Excellent .... Hope to have you here every week, What team do you support.....

1. Correct Interestingly despite Liverpool creating endless chances our only goal came from an own goal which tells you everything you need to know about the season as a whole. Just cannot score enough to win. Liverpools goal tally for the year is pathetic yet it's defence as per normal is excelllent.

2. Correct again Carragher's woeful early season form has been forgotten in most quarters because of the excellent form of the Skrtel Agger partnership. I think this match where he was clearly at fault for the first goal and partly at fault for the second was the nail in his coffin. 4th is now only a chance in maths and fantasy so the manager should give the youngster Coates a run until Agger resumes fitness.

3. Perhaps harsh on Reina as the ball is struck on a volley and really sweet and clean. We do see replays in slow motion and forget how quick it happens in real time. No keeper likes to be beaten at the near post though so you may have a valid point.

Archived