IGNORED

Krabi

Norad

Nice pics. I'm here now in Ao Nang and it is a smaller, cleaner version of Patong Beach. The beachfront is amazing there. During the day you can walk along the main strip town the Last Fisherman's bar and see many beautiful girls sunbathing (nude too). Also, there is about 20 outdoor massage parlor. For $300 baht you can get Thai style massages, Aloe Vera massages, Coconut Oil massages etc. Ao Nang is very discreet in everything. The best way to get what you need is to talk to a taxi driver or the ladies that hand out the flyers to you along the beach. Also, if you go to Centerpoint, which is an area of regular tourist bars, you may find what you are looking for if you walk up the escalators. No bar fines here. Another place is to look for the Mcdonalds on Ao Nang road (road that leads to airport) and you will find a a couple of Soi that is full of go go bars. Look for the Soi with the Reggae Bar at the end of the street.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone suggest or give names of some of the non-resort hotels in the 1000-2000 Baht a night range in Ao Nang? I will be coming in March and am giving serious thought to visiting Krabi or somewhere in the South.

• 1 month later...

lol, over a month has passed and no recommendations. As Dizzy Gillespie once said to a silent and unappreciative crowd after a Carnegie Hall concert--"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your magnificent indifference." I have taken matters into my own hands and booked a room at what appears to be a middling hotel for US$39 dollars a night. For those of you going to Ao Nang seeking cheap accommodation, be advised that it is wise to book VERY early unless you are going in low season--even then some of the nicer cheap hotels fill up very fast. I was booking two months in advance and had very few options to choose from in the 1000-2000 Baht range I was aiming for. I will do a trip report on my experiences in Ao Nang since I am going alone and will post in the Newbie section or the Southern Thailand section since I am not yet an advanced member.

Ah Krabi, sooo romantic. Yes it brings back memories. Pity I cannot seem to drag myself away from Pattaya these days. Simply beautiful scenery and a sedate bar scene and nightlife. A recommended tour with your best new girlfriend.

lol, I could take a Thai lady with me but have decided to go alone and experience the "sedate bar scene," Lone Ranger. Krabi does look beautiful and I'm hoping for a bit of luck in finding some decent ladies. It's always fun for me to go to a new location and scope out what's there--as you well know from traveling in LOS, many sometimes magical opportunities can occur in the most unlikely of places. I do agree it's hard to beat Pattaya just for the sheer number of women and variety of opportunities, however.

I hope you won't be sorry with the local bar scene.

Pakkasai Resort is slightly out of town (short 10 min walk to beach), gorgeous large rooms and a pool on the roof which only I and my girlfriend (now wife) enjoyed..

Can anyone suggest or give names of some of the non-resort hotels in the 1000-2000 Baht a night range in Ao Nang? I will be coming in March and am giving serious thought to visiting Krabi or somewhere in the South.

http://krabidir.com/aonangbangeo/

It's been a few years since I was at AoNang. When I've stayed there I used the BanGeo Guesthouse. It's up the road a bit from the beach by the McDonalds, but walking distance to everywhere in AoNang town. It's pretty typical of the budget accommodation I saw in AoNang

I wouldn't panic about accommodation at Krabi. If there's nothing much available at Ao Nang then take the boat over to Railay. Can always stay in Krabi town a night then take a boat to Koh Lanta or Koh Jum, or the PPs, or take a taxi/minibus or ferry to Phuket. You can be over in Koh Samui in half a day. So many options and alternatives available.

I appreciate the accommodation suggestions. If the place I've booked is not up to snuff then I'll have a look see at the options you have mentioned.

Unless there is NO local bar scene, I'm sure what's available will be far superior to my choices here in America. I have read on other forums that there is a small scene. I'm imagining something slightly below Hua Hin. I'm headed back to Krung Thep and onto Angeles after my 3 weeks in Ao Nang so if the scene is meager I will make up for it.

I don't know if they're still there but some years ago I found some great ho-houses in Krabi town, Thai-style knockers, cheap and nice looking gals. One was on the left on the way to Wat Tum Sua, others were on the southside of town. Hard to explain the location but I'm sure a motorcycle taximan knows them all.

I appreciate the accommodation suggestions. If the place I've booked is not up to snuff then I'll have a look see at the options you have mentioned.

Unless there is NO local bar scene, I'm sure what's available will be far superior to my choices here in America. I have read on other forums that there is a small scene. I'm imagining something slightly below Hua Hin. I'm headed back to Krung Thep and onto Angeles after my 3 weeks in Ao Nang so if the scene is meager I will make up for it.

There are 2 main bar areas, the 1st is a small soi opposite Swensens (near McDonalds) with about 12 bars and the 2nd is behind beach road enterance near to Burger King, it has about 15 bars and a couple of go-go's, so you should be ok. Its busyish at the moment, when are you coming?

@Pubstud--Thanks for the info. re: the "ho-houses." I will reconnoiter with the help of the taxi mafia to see if I can report if they are still extant. I am going to post a trip report.

@Andy B, I am arriving Krung Thep March 7 and will fly to Krabi March 11. I don't expect to find the plethora of ladies on display in Pattaya there in Ao Nang but if I can find a woman under 50, weighing less than 100 Kilos and having a semi-decent attitude then I will already be several steps up from what is available here to me in North Carolina, USA. Thanks for the tips--it appears there is at least some action and I am pretty easy to please. :GoldenSmile1:

BTW, what are the bar fines for S/T and L/T in Ao Nang? It looks like a pretty pricey area and heavily touristed so I'm guessing prices are going to be a bit higher than Pattaya. Any massage parlors in the town giving full service? Any freelancers?

BTW, what are the bar fines for S/T and L/T in Ao Nang? It looks like a pretty pricey area and heavily touristed so I'm guessing prices are going to be a bit higher than Pattaya. Any massage parlors in the town giving full service? Any freelancers?

S/T 700-1000 L/T 1500-2500 plus bar but that was January high season.

Airport bar 2nd floor of centrepoint is always worth a look. The small soi opposite McDonalds is like a 100 yard version of Soi 7 but there are a few LB there.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Bar fine should never be more than 300 baht except in The Rhythm club which makes it up as it goes along! Its the only real go-go in town so as good as it is for the beautiful girls its a rip off with LD at 300baht too and ST 3000

Normal bars ST1000 LT1500, theres plenty of under 50's (i'm talking both age and kilos!) to choose from and the occasional pearl amongst the crowd

I'm an old ugly fecker so some of you young hansum men can probably get better than me, prices and girls! :hello09:

No full service massage in Ao Nang a couple in Krabi town about 20 minutes away, only FL we see are proper ropey LB's along the beach areas as it gets late where the streetlights don't work, but in the McD's soi they close a little after 1am and as the girls are leaving there are some who will hang around outside at the food stalls looking for last minute action or pop across to McD's looking for any farang

You'll have fun anyway

Thanks Rod and Andy B. for quoting some prices and giving info. on mp's. Ao Nang sounds like it will fit my needs perfectly. I have reasons for wanting to stay away from Pattaya this trip and a sedate setting in South Thailand by a beautiful beach and some available women at reasonable prices makes it sound like Ao Nang will be a great place to get away for three weeks. :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks Rod and Andy B. for quoting some prices and giving info. on mp's. Ao Nang sounds like it will fit my needs perfectly. I have reasons for wanting to stay away from Pattaya this trip and a sedate setting in South Thailand by a beautiful beach and some available women at reasonable prices makes it sound like Ao Nang will be a great place to get away for three weeks. :GoldenSmile1:

Have you been to Koh Samui? IMO a far better destination for those who want tropical atmosphere, good beaches + pussy.

I'm an old ugly fecker so some of you young hansum men can probably get better than me, prices and girls! :hello09:

I can only second that 55555

I can only second that 55555

555555+ mate i'm still younger and thinner than you, but thanks for reminding me! :Moon2::Streaker1:

Ao Nang Dream Resort & Spa, opposite McDonalds, between the two bar areas, was about 550 THB/night IIRC.

Rooms were OK, nothing special, has AC. "Resort" was really just maybe a dozen rooms, with a normal overpriced Spa business in front, reception is part time so can't get in your face at night, so I classify it as GF. There were some simple lockers in reception and a room safe.

Railay Diamond Cave Resort & Spa is on the northern end of the western beach and was about 650 THB/night for a AC hut, no room safe, lockers in reception only accessible during reception hours.

Ao Nang Dream Resort & Spa, opposite McDonalds, between the two bar areas, was about 550 THB/night IIRC.

Rooms were OK, nothing special, has AC. "Resort" was really just maybe a dozen rooms, with a normal overpriced Spa business in front, reception is part time so can't get in your face at night, so I classify it as GF. There were some simple lockers in reception and a room safe.

Railay Diamond Cave Resort & Spa is on the northern end of the western beach and was about 650 THB/night for a AC hut, no room safe, lockers in reception only accessible during reception hours.

Good to hear there's still some reasonable value at Ao Nang.

As low season kicks in you can get good accomodation fairly close to the beach 600-700m for only 500 baht ( includes air, hot water, cable tv) its still good value here, same with the ladies, less punters = more willing ladies :)

As low season kicks in you can get good accomodation fairly close to the beach 600-700m for only 500 baht ( includes air, hot water, cable tv) its still good value here, same with the ladies, less punters = more willing ladies :)

Sounding better all the time. I wouldn't mind getting out of patts and going somewhere more laid back and scenic.

Archived