Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Upscale/Exceptional Restaurants in Patts

Just wondering...: What is the best meal you have ever had in Patts? I'm what they call a gourmand, meaning that I enjoy food & drink the way most of yall mongerers enjoy pussy! :Raspberry6::Beer8: Don't get me wrong, a nice TG is a must-desert on any menue in Hiram-land, but there are lots and lots of threads that discuss appropriate BF pirces, yet much less info on really good restaurants! Now in my home town of Berlin, Germany, I will easily spend 4000B on a nice dinner for myself (and yeah, I'm a fat fuck), and sometimes like Michelin-star places that will easily charge me three-times as much. So...

Regardless of price or value-for-money, what would be the must-dine-at restaurants in Patts that you would recommend, fellow foodies?

Some closing words from the movie Half-Baked: "What was that thing we used to eat back in the day? What was it... oh yeah, PUSSY!!!"

Edited by Hiram

Okay, so I just realized 4000B per person is a bit of an exageration for a normal visit at a fancy place, despite the fact that I have paid wayyyy more than that for outstanding food before...

But nevermind all of that: What is the BEST plate of food you hands-down have EVER had in Patts? I don't really care if it's a 55B sate or a 1200B turducken - if you loved it, post it here with all the details! :Party3:

I know what you are looking for, and so far, I haven't scored it in Pattaya...I've had good food, but no GREAT food.

Still searching myself...will follow this thread with hope!

Sorry, Alex

Grill Room and Wine Cellar at the Royal Cliff Beach Resort.

Superb international cuisine paired with excellent service, stunning sea view and a choice of 1,270 different wines.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I liked Casa Pascal on my last trip.

Very good food and service, the wine list is below par though.

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

Bruno's & Mantra

Thanks for the tips, guys! What style of food to they serve at these venues? Same question for juniordk regarding Casa Pascal, though that sounds Spanish/Italian?

@ Benny et. al.: Even though I enjoy a good glass of wine, I'm not really into it and have been looked at in amazement by many waiters of top restaurants for following up with beer after having had champagne as an aperitif! :What: I like fancy drinks, but am more into good beer, whisky and champagne... Wine - not so much my thing. :Chokdee5:

@ Alex the Hedonist: Good to know there is at least one other BM who enjoys this thread - I was a little hesitant at first to post as I think the vast majority of BM will be more of the "down to earth"-type when it comes to food. I love the food stalls and eating street food, but every once in a while it's just fun to get out the suit, put on some nice cufflinks and dine in style... :hello10:

Here's a good post I made on Mantra, highly recommended - http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/71715-mantra-restaurant-really-fine-dining/

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

There's certainly some good food to be had in Pattaya.

But honestly, the food isn't why we're there.

You're no more likely to find a mind-blowing great food experience in Pattaya than you are to find point-and-click sex for not much cash in Paris.

There's certainly some good food to be had in Pattaya.

But honestly, the food isn't why we're there.

You're no more likely to find a mind-blowing great food experience in Pattaya than you are to find point-and-click sex for not much cash in Paris.

OH, I almost forgot...there is a restaurant up a little soi off Walking Street (after the soi narrows, just past Heaven Above/Shark/etc) on the left as you go from WS up the soi...SWISS (something or other)...as far as a dining "experience" it is still just above average...but really good food...at a reasonable rate...when i get back home i will add the name to this post as i took a biz card for my rolodex. Nice mom/pop run shop, proper china, table cloths/napkins and best table service i have ever had in Pattaya. A few nice wines too.

but, agree with the above poster...while a nice meal is always a treat...i am not really looking all that hard for it until about the end of the 2nd week when i take a night off from fucking and just want a nice meal. I do frequent ZEN in the Central Festival mall...nice (not great, but good) Japanese cuisine.

Cheers, alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

Thanks for the tips, guys! What style of food to they serve at these venues? Same question for juniordk regarding Casa Pascal, though that sounds Spanish/Italian?

@ Benny et. al.: Even though I enjoy a good glass of wine, I'm not really into it and have been looked at in amazement by many waiters of top restaurants for following up with beer after having had champagne as an aperitif! :What: I like fancy drinks, but am more into good beer, whisky and champagne... Wine - not so much my thing. :Chokdee5:

@ Alex the Hedonist: Good to know there is at least one other BM who enjoys this thread - I was a little hesitant at first to post as I think the vast majority of BM will be more of the "down to earth"-type when it comes to food. I love the food stalls and eating street food, but every once in a while it's just fun to get out the suit, put on some nice cufflinks and dine in style... :hello10:

Pascals menu is mostly Italien and French inspired. My dates seemed pleased with their Thai food too.

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

Take a trip out to Silverlake vinyard,breathtaking sunset from at excellent restaurant. But for a belly-full of english food,i had always enjoyed The Caddyshack on soi 17,south pattaya - cottage pie,fish & chips,sunday roast dinner, man i am salivating at the thought of it.

• 4 weeks later...

OH, I almost forgot...there is a restaurant up a little soi off walking street (after the soi narrows, just past Heaven Above/Shark/etc) on the left as you go from WS up the soi...SWISS (something or other)...as far as a dining "experience" it is still just above average...but really good food...at a reasonable rate...when i get back home i will add the name to this post as i took a biz card for my rolodex. Nice mom/pop run shop, proper china, table cloths/napkins and best table service i have ever had in Pattaya. A few nice wines too.

but, agree with the above poster...while a nice meal is always a treat...i am not really looking all that hard for it until about the end of the 2nd week when i take a night off from fucking and just want a nice meal. I do frequent ZEN in the Central Festival mall...nice (not great, but good) Japanese cuisine.

Cheers, alex

As a frequent visitor from Manila ( with my wife ) I find the thai food in pattaya exceptional.

Try Nana; a small hole in the wall restuarant just before Angelwitch... Sit outside. A great spot for people watching. Top quality steamed seabass; river prawns with asparagus and the best crabmeat fried rice in town ! All washed down with a large cold heineken . Magic !

I think I have tried just about every restaurant in Pattaya and whilst some have served very good food and even the odd excellent dish, none to date have served excellent food from start to finish. You can get good wine here, but pricey.

The only 10/10 restaurant I've been to in Pattaya is Cafe de Amis.

Truly outstanding food on all 3 visits, over 3 seperate trips, so they've definitely got consistency too.

Near perfect is Casa Pascals, been here every trip, and just about always gets it right. If it weren't for the poor vegetable garnishes on the Mains, it'd be another 10/10. Such a shame this lets it down, as everything else has been faultless.

Yes Casa Pascal next to Ruen Thai is great however expensive,try Cheeys opposite Xzyte disco for Wagu steak at a fraction of UK or anywhere costs....not great surroundings but good food well cooked...

• 2 weeks later...

OH, I almost forgot...there is a restaurant up a little soi off walking street (after the soi narrows, just past Heaven Above/Shark/etc) on the left as you go from WS up the soi...SWISS (something or other)...as far as a dining "experience" it is still just above average...but really good food...at a reasonable rate...when i get back home i will add the name to this post as i took a biz card for my rolodex. Nice mom/pop run shop, proper china, table cloths/napkins and best table service i have ever had in Pattaya. A few nice wines too.

Cheers, alex

Could this be the Soi where Heaven Above gogo is located? Was in Swiss something there last night, nice staff. Forgot to get a biz card.

Could this be the Soi where Heaven above gogo is located? Was in Swiss something there last night, nice staff. Forgot to get a biz card.

Yes, that is it...i think i said that in my post...lol...just up the soi from Heaven Above and Shark. Again, not perfect, but very, very good and excellent service for a traditional western meal.

Alex

Cheers, alex

There are two Swiss restaurants in the narrow part of Soi Diamond, one at each side.

One is Swiss Food and the other one is Swiss House (bei Andy).

Both give good value for money; soup and buffet are included with main dishes.

There used to be a third one where you had to go upstairs, but it closed a couple of years ago.

Edited by Dick Farang

Pascals menu is mostly Italien and French inspired. My dates seemed pleased with their Thai food too.

Casa Pascal (off Second Road near Ruen Thai) was our worst experience ever in Pattaya.

It was expensive and all four (4) courses were disgusting.

Never again.

Use to be Bruno's for me but heard rumours its gone down hill abit. LAst reports from a friend where not good. Still good food but not worth the money anymore and the level of service had dropped. IE they didn't take the covers off teh food at the same time anymore and the irish coffee was made in the back not the normal little show, burning the whiskey etc didn't happen he said.

Would like to hear if anybody has an update to this. would be a real shame if it has gone down a bit hoping it was just a one off bad night maybe

The only 10/10 restaurant I've been to in Pattaya is Cafe de Amis.

Truly outstanding food on all 3 visits, over 3 seperate trips, so they've definitely got consistency too.

Near perfect is Casa Pascals, been here every trip, and just about always gets it right. If it weren't for the poor vegetable garnishes on the Mains, it'd be another 10/10. Such a shame this lets it down, as everything else has been faultless.

With all due respect my friend,,,,you got to be kidding!!!! Don't mean to flame you,,just expressing my shock....I'm sure had you a bit more time during your last visit you'd have had a chance to visit more places.......

Casa Pascual is a good looking restaurant (interior)...The appetizer selection isn't too impressive, more of a mid-range list,,,,,the meat wasn't good at all (Kobe Tenderloin)...The taste and cut were sub-standard....The wait staff, while attentive, don't know how to properly serve......Fine dining is not what I would call it....,soft bread and hard butter. Very disappointing....

Have eaten almost everywhere...Cafe des Amis stands out because: the decor is from the 60s (notice the dated glass inserts in the folding doors to the outdoor tables?),,,,the 4 columns (2 on each side) where the main part angles left are tilted, and not one of them are straight and obvious to the laughable.....They serve the food through little windows at the end of the restaurant,,,,,,,The interior lighting is much to dark and what they used to do 20 years ago or at cheap chain restaurants. Good restaurants today light the place much brighter or light the tables well at least....The bread soft and the butter VERY hard. The tablecloths and napkins aren't pressed. The service is "clueless" as to real "skill of service". The only good thing about the ambiance is the two cute hostesses. The other rude thing is the location.....You have to call a taxi (200 baht) to get you back to Pattaya and the road is long and dark to Thappraya Road....very inconvenient and despite the website,,,,there is no car service,,,the owner told me he doesn't do it anymore. The 200 baht isn't an issue, the location and lack of accommodation offends. Were it mine, I would at least get people to the main road..... ..Will never go back there....As I mentioned in another thread,,that he calls it fine dining is realized only in his own mind, not any standard I know. Would be curious how many people were there during your visit....Only one other during mine. Afterwards, could guess why.

BTW: Both Manhattan and Brunos offer to take you back to Pattaya after dinner (although I am a single diner,,I rack up a pretty healthy bill with several appetizers and entrees per meal (eat half of each). Both vehicles are high end SUVs with armchair seating.

Edited by travllover

Casa Pascal (off Second Road near Ruen Thai) was our worst experience ever in Pattaya.

It was expensive and all four (4) courses were disgusting.

Never again.

Just wondering what you had to eat there mate?

We must have been to Casa pascals 15 times over the last 3 years, and it's always been of a high standard.

With all due respect my friend,,,,you got to be kidding!!!! Don't mean to flame you,,just expressing my shock....I'm sure had you a bit more time during your last visit you'd have had a chance to visit more places.......

Casa Pascual is a good looking restaurant (interior)...The appetizer selection isn't too impressive, more of a mid-range list - So far agree!

the meat wasn't good at all (Kobe Tenderloin)...The taste and cut were sub-standard....you only tried one course?

The wait staff, while attentive, don't know how to properly serve...Service here was great (for Pattaya)

.Fine dining is not what I would call it....,soft bread and hard butter. Very disappointing....

Have eaten almost everywhere...Cafe des Amis stands out because: the decor is from the 60s (notice the dated glass inserts in the folding doors to the outdoor tables?),,,,the 4 columns (2 on each side) where the main part angles left are tilted, and not one of them are straight and obvious to the laughable.....Seriously? you take notice of stuff like this?

They serve the food through little windows at the end of the restaurant - Seriously, this is a concern for you?

The interior lighting is much to dark and what they used to do 20 years ago or at cheap chain restaurants. Good restaurants today light the place much brighter or light the tables well at least...It is too dark, I agree

The bread soft and the butter VERY hard. Not something that bothers me to be honest

The tablecloths and napkins aren't pressed. I'm surprised you could see that, in the dark

The service is "clueless" as to real "skill of service". Compared to 99.9% of other restaurants in Pattaya, the service here was faultless.

The only good thing about the ambiance is the two cute hostesses. You got me on the Hostesses

The other rude thing is the location.....You have to call a taxi (200 baht) to get you back to Pattaya and the road is long and dark to Thappraya Road....very inconvenient and despite the website,,,,there is no car service,,,the owner told me he doesn't do it anymore. The 200 baht isn't an issue, the location and lack of accommodation offends. Agreed, crap location. But, the 3 times we've been, we had the free pickup, and paid the grand total of 100bhat each to get back to the steps of our hotel. Problem?

Were it mine, I would at least get people to the main road..... ..Will never go back there....As I mentioned in another thread,,that he calls it fine dining is realized only in his own mind, not any standard I know. Did the owner wind you up in some way?

Would be curious how many people were there during your visit....Only one other during mine. Afterwards, could guess why. We eat early (6ish). so a couple of tables only were booked. Left each time around 9.30, place was about 75% full.

BTW: Both Manhattan and Brunos offer to take you back to Pattaya after dinner (although I am a single diner,,I rack up a pretty healthy bill with several appetizers and entrees per meal (eat half of each). Both vehicles are high end SUVs with armchair seating. We'll certainly give these a try, thanks for the recommendation...It is a recommendation isn't it?

Am curious to know, what did you think of the food at Cafe de amis? You've not commented on it. I'm guessing it was great!

I'm a chef, and when i eat out, I'm unbelievably picky. If the foods crap, I'll be telling them why it's crap. And Cafe de Amis' food was simply fantastic.

There was a bloke in Patts who opened a new restaurant, he was formerly of Brunos. It's on the right next to the go kart track on the way to Jomtien. Forget the name. It's had good reviews. The food, 4 of the 5 courses I had, was abysmal. Basic mistakes. Seen it many times in Pattaya.

It's all about the food. nothing else.