IGNORED

Bangkok

holsteinpill

Hi,

I'm looking at starting my trip this time in BKK. I have travelled several times to Pattaya but on each occasion missed out on the delights of BKK purely because of the manic rush of heading to Patts asap.

Foolish of me I know, but better late than never I am now going to Bangkok to sample its delights and wonders for the first time properly.

The reason I am posting on here is that I honestly do not know where to start with looking for a nice hotel and its LOCATION in BKK.

If any experienced Bm's could pass on a few tips and pointers it would be much appreciated.

Cheers :GoldenSmile1:

Depends on your budget, but the most convenient hotel to Nana plaza would have to be Dynasty hotel.

Not sure how much it it now, probably around 12 - 1500 Bt a night but right next door and rooms are good.

also Nana hotel across the road but you have to run the gauntlet through the car park and the free lancers after midnight. Ok if you have a girl on your arm.

I'm a bit of a Ki Neow so what is your budget? I know some cheapies.

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

i stayed at a nice hotel last week called Tai Pan on sukhumvit soi 23, it was 1300 baht per night with Agoda, or 2700 baht walk in price. Large rooms, good shower and aircon, the soi isnt too busy, but close to everything. 5 min walk from soi cowboy, heaps of massage shops outside with many beautiful ladies, i was actually surprised at the quality of the girls compared to the massage shops in patts. 45 baht taxi ride to nana plaza. ive stayed in about 10 different hotels in bkk and for price and location i'd definately recommend it

Edited by polan

Hi mate. Many of us (me and Alleycunt included) have stayed at this hotel.

Excellent value for money IMO.

Good luck and make sure you visit Thermae (there are a few threads about it)

i like these 2 places .. swimming pool, wifi, good breakfast etc. stable lodge rooms have balconies. neither are super cheap but they are good value imo.

http://www.stablelodge.com/

http://www.livingstones.co.th/

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Depends on your budget, but the most convenient hotel to Nana plaza would have to be Dynasty Hotel.

Not sure how much it it now, probably around 12 - 1500 Bt a night but right next door and rooms are good.

also Nana hotel across the road but you have to run the gauntlet through the car park and the free lancers after midnight. Ok if you have a girl on your arm.

I'm a bit of a Ki Neow so what is your budget? I know some cheapies.

Cheers for that pal.

Seeing as though I'll be only staying for around 3 days, I can be fairly flexible on the budget which should stretch to around 3-4000 bht per night. I have been looking at Agoda and seen the Majestic Grand which works out at around £50.00 per night, but not sure of its location.

Hi mate. Many of us (me and Alleycunt included) have stayed at this hotel.

Excellent value for money IMO.

Good luck and make sure you visit Thermae (there are a few threads about it)

Many thanks for the info mate, Look like a winner, especially with the location! I don't fancy messing around in BKK without a guide so me thinks this could be just the ticket!

Thanks again

Edited by holsteinpill

Cheers for that pal.

Seeing as though I'll be only staying for around 3 days, I can be fairly flexible on the budget which should stretch to around 3-4000 bht per night. I have been looking at Agoda and seen the Majestic Grand which works out at around £50.00 per night, but not sure of its location.

Majestic Grande is nice, I've stayed there. The pool area is a bit cramped but there Jaccuzi and Sauna areas are very quiet. The rooms are decent. The location is fine, to get to Nana you just go out the hotel, walk straight ahead to cut from Soi 2 to Soi 4 then turn left. Less than 5 mins from Nana.

Good location and good hotel.

• 1 month later...

Is the dawin not too far from Nana ?

And what about a good hotel between Nana and Soy cow boy ?

Edited by ipweb

Is the dawin not too far from Nana ?

And what about a good hotel between Nana and Soy cow boy ?

Current bestsellers are

Heaven@4

Legacy Express

Marco Polo

Can't go wrong with any of these.

Tim