IGNORED

Darjelling Boutique Hotel Review

jzanitro

I stayed here back in June and wanted to give a review of this hotel.

Its located on Soi 18 off of Sukhumvit.

I booked through thaihoteldiscounts.

I paid around 1200 Baht per night.

hotel is girl friendly.

Free breakfast and they give you a choice of Western or Thai. I chose Thai and got a bowl of noodles which was good.

Each day you get 2 free bottles of water.

The location is good as Soi Cowboy is right across the street, 7-11 is next door, BTS and MRT are across the street, Nana Plaza is about a 5-10 minute walk. No noise at night which is good so you can get good sleep.

Inside the room you get a Queen bed, LCD tv. TV only has about 5 or 6 channels. Bathroom has a shower and bathtub. Sometimes the water pressure was low and the water would come out extremely hot or cold.

bkk1.jpg

bkk2.jpg

bkk3.jpg

Pros:

Good location

Good breakfast

Girl friendly

Good value for money

Cons:

Not enough channels on TV, some werent clear

Water in shower sometimes came out hot and cold and low pressure

I would recommend this hotel to someone who was on a budget and doesn't really care for an extravagant hotel. Next time I come back I will book this hotel again.

Thanks for taking the time for a review. I've been thinking about staying there.

Retired

I have stayed there myself as has lots of guys on the forum... Fantastic hotel for the money especially when you consider its location.

Thank for taking the time to do the review.

I stayed there in September and really liked the place. Considering where its located its extremely quiet.

Only criticism was, as you have mentioned, the shower. Goes from low pressure to high pressure from cold to boiling. I enjoyed lying in the bed watching my lust dejour have a shower :GoldenSmile1:

Will stay there again though.

Testicles

The place is a very solid option - especially for blokes that spend much of their time on Cowboy.

Not the easiest place to find if you are attempting to find it by yourself (they really need to give that sub-soi it's own name).

One thing that should be noted is that while the place does have a pool it is pretty much covered and not much bigger than a large whirlpool.

Do they have wifi in the rooms and if so, is it included in the room rate?

Thanks for the review.

Looks a good option fir bkk... I usually stay dynasty grande buy was considering nearer SC soi 33 etc for next tour thanks for review

Looks a good option fir bkk... I usually stay dynasty grande buy was considering nearer SC soi 33 etc for next tour thanks for review

It's a great deal, but the rooms are too small for me not to feel a bit claustrophobic. Personally, I'd only book it for 1 night (late arrival). It's more comparable to Majestic Suites than the big DG rooms you're used to. wj

Sounds like a great deal for the location..but need more channels on the TV.. unless they were talking 4-5 English speaking stations--as that's pretty much of the norm everywhere??? for daytime laziness..I'm a lazy bum-and just too hot to be out in Bangkok all day.

Sounds like a great deal for the location..but need more channels on the TV.. unless they were talking 4-5 English speaking stations--as that's pretty much of the norm everywhere??? for daytime laziness..I'm a lazy bum-and just too hot to be out in Bangkok all day.

For 1200 Baht per night inc a small breakfast ad free wifi. Its the best in town.

Should be taken at this price per night and not compared to places at 2000 Baht a night.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

I just book a room for 2 nights in Jan. 2011. I hear it can be hard to find Darjeeling hotel. Somewhere? down Soi 18- off Sukhumvit. Can you upload me a pictures/map off how to get there..1st night I will be in Ibis Nana..but for weekend I want to be near Cowboy..so I did pick the Darjeeling.

Or, written detailed instructions on how to-

the most easy way to locate the Darjeeling hotel?

Thank you, Doug

Hi Tim,

I just book a room for 2 nights in Jan. 2011. I hear it can be hard to find Darjeeling hotel. Somewhere? down Soi 18- off Sukhumvit. Can you upload me a pictures/map off how to get there..1st night I will be in Ibis Nana..but for weekend I want to be near Cowboy..so I did pick the Darjeeling.

Or, written detailed instructions on how to-

the most easy way to locate the Darjeeling Hotel?

Thank you, Doug

Doug,

Will try to attach below, in case i cannot do it.

Once I get the confirmation, I will send you a map with the voucher.

Tim

Darjelling Map.jpg

Tim,

Got my voucher, Thank you. Long Gun here I come. I going to bring some Ben Gay with me and see if the ladies will let me massage the inside of their legs- after they get done that crazy split show :GoldenSmile1: ...although that could annoy their BF of the evening!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tim, Still have not received the refund you promised???

Will check with the bank. Pl let me know again if you have not recieved after the weekend?

Everything was submitted to the bank the same day I scanned the document to you.

Tim

I stayed during low season for 4 nights. Total fee: 3600 baht.

Probably the best value in Bangkok.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be staying there febr 20th. Will let you know my experience. Looking forward to my one night in BKK.

Three days before that am working in Chiang mai. Guess what Friday is Bhudda day, all bars closed what a drag!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived