IGNORED

Darjelling Boutique Hotel Review

jzanitro

Looks a good option fir bkk... I usually stay dynasty grande buy was considering nearer SC soi 33 etc for next tour thanks for review

The Dynasty Grande - do you know if the in-room wifi is inclusive in the booking price or if they charge extra?

• 2 months later...

it all sounds great - it says there's a pool too? Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor, just past the elevator. Pretty small. Don't expect to do laps.

So impressed with this little hotel that I will be staying again this November.

Arriving at 1:00 am, before I even hit the Go-Gos the first thing I'm going to do after checking in, is the biggest cannon ball of my life. :Dance1: :Dance1: :Dance1:

That is a nice room, thanks for the info, I now have a new consideration for a place to stay when in BKK lol

Yeah it looks like a nice hotel but their website doesn't show the room's & price listing... otherwise it sounds good value for money.

Yeah it looks like a nice hotel but their website doesn't show the room's & price listing... otherwise it sounds good value for money.

Yes its pretty good considering its only 1,060 Baht per night room only. Would think it's hard to get a better room for the price.

Tim

I've stayed 2 nights at that hotel in Feb 2010...Girl-friendly since me and my pal brought 2 freelancers in the same room...Nice room, good wifi free of charge and good location too....

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

• 2 months later...

i just returned from bangkok, walked a bit around soi cowboy and asoke bts ... but didn't find that hotel. where is it coming from soi cowboy exactly, how far is it away?

i just returned from bangkok, walked a bit around soi cowboy and nana bts ... but didn't find that hotel. where is it coming from soi cowboy exactly, how far is it away?

Hard to find if you've never been there. It's in an alley off of 18, tucked in a corner. < 50M from Suk. LINK: http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Darjelling+Boutique+Hotel&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Darjelling+Boutique+Hotel&ei=q0w3ToGUIsXhiALy98TKDg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&cid=0,0,15645913804982459988

ahh i see...thanks! wow that's really hard to find. can't imagine that many taxi driver will know how to get there. so the best way for staying there will be riding by skytrain or limiting your mongering action to soi cowboy what wouldn't be the worst option ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed here at the Darjelling Boutique back in march ...am just considering it again for this trip ...staff were abit lax but the hotel itself was very nice ...quiet but close to hustle an bustle ..

really not that bad if you can get it for a good price

Sloth

I booked this hotel for a night on October 30th for 990 baht (HRS.com), then move to the new Ramada encore on soi 10 for 2 more nights.(1700 baht promotion rate)

Also booked one night in Darjelling on Nov. 21st (my birthday), 1350 baht this time

On request I got a late checkout (3pm) both times.

some pics i took while staying 2 nights there in February 2010

10022010073.jpg

10022010074.jpg

10022010075.jpg

11022010095.jpg

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

Thanks for this review. Was not aware of it but that location is absolutely perfect for me. I prefer that area when in Bangkok, right near the Asok BTS and close to Nana as well as everything in and around the Asok and Phrom Phrong BTS stations.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 1 month later...

Great value hotel. I had a nightmare finding it on my own by foot, I was asking the massage girls up soi 18 but they never head of the hotel. A friendly security guard at Oakwood apartments further down the soi told me that it was located one a small side street to the right as you enter Soi 18 from Sukhumvit. So easy once you know how! The room was well appointed, although a bit on the small side. The Wi-fi connection was excellent, amongst the fastest I've experienced in Thailand. Girl friendly, and also there is a glass wall separating the bedroom from the shower so you may watch your TG showering from the comfort of your bed (providing she doesn't draw the curtain rail!)

• 3 weeks later...

looks pretty basic but what else is required .. will have a look next time i am close by .. always good to check other hotels when there .. for future reference .. i do like hotel rooms that provide an in-room safe box .. makes it far easier than using the desk safe boxes

• 1 year later...

Stayed here last year and found it basic but confortable, the only problem isnt easy to get there even for taxi drivers!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived