IGNORED

impress your TG

zulthomas

Huh?

correct answer !.

i got paranoid about something that happened a while ago.

sorry.

i love you like a dog loves a bone !.

I agree with another post, for them Mk is a great spot they love it, and also the street vendor is so good they love it hot and spicey and the street vendours do it the best.

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

Well, MK has always been a safe bet, plenty of them, order what you want and very reasonable. (One of my fave too)!!!

Good call!

I have had plenty of BGs ask to be taken there. The food is good and most importantly they seem to feel comfortable. I guess it is middle ground between street eats and a higher class restaurant.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I dunno where MK is but i have taken Tg's to Marine seafood off walking st, excellent barbequed sea bass there. Also there's Pattaya beer garden, cheap and cheerful.

Dunno if thats the thread is looking for but anyway ...:)

I dunno where MK is but i have taken Tg's to Marine seafood off walking st, excellent barbequed sea bass there. Also there's Pattaya beer garden, cheap and cheerful.

Dunno if thats the thread is looking for but anyway ...:)

Hey mate, they are all over LOS, in Patts:- Big C, Grand Central, Tesco Lotus North rd, Carrefour, etc. I have eaten MK in Samui/Hua Hin/Chang mai/Phuket/Surin and always consistent.... love it and will be eating again in 21 days....and MK!!

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I agree with other posters on Leng Kee (lucky for me just across August Suites).

Also the Sushi Restaurant in Central Festival where you can eat unlimited is very popular. So popular that you often have to queue in front of the restaurant waiting for available seats.

hi guys, if one wishes to be nice and maybe make a

favorable inpression on his beatiful thai girl which

kind of restaurant and meal should one chose in patts?

is it a question of money or of a particular taste??

Firstly I am wondering why you feel the need to impress? However...

MK is a favorite for many Thai girls, if you want to impress, tell them they can bring up to 3 friends, then they can show off.

Follow this off with Swensons, for ice cream.

Leng kee, my lady friend and I thought this was shite.. duck with a lot of fat on it and not much duck.

One thing not to do, is take them to an overpriced western restaurant, which does not do the food they like. If you take them to a seafood place in Walking Street, they will simply think you are dumb, and you spend too much, but will be happy to order many dishes, as they are not paying.

They will then wonder why you spend so much on food, and not buy gold for them instead or pay them more.

Best way to impress is to ask them, where they would like to eat.

To really impress, simply say, I take you out, up to you, and if you want to bring no more than 3 friends, we can do.

MK is a favorite for many Thai girls, if you want to impress, tell them they can bring up to 3 friends, then they can show off...

+1, all about face. I have had many experiences of this, BKK and Patts, they love the power of choosing & ordering all the ingredients for the soup bowl. And they always order enough for 4 anyway, so if the are any friends around you might as well let them tuck in too...

If you really want to impress her it's better to invite her friends also and go to a streetvendor or Thai BBQ where they can eat isaanfood instead of real Bangkokrestaurant food and have some fun with their friends instead of a dull conversation with you alone!

this has been my experience as well. Impress the friends and

or family and you are in.

Do unto others then run like a mother

In my opinion it is best to take TG to eat at places where they have their own Thai or Esarn food.

So a place with reasonably priced thai food will be fine. Of course the thai taste has also got to be good tasting. So ask her or some other thai people where the food tastes good.

Edited by martin81

If style is your scene and your in Bangkok. Crepe and co off Sukumvit 12 is a french/morrocan reataurant which is the bees knees and is regulary in the Bangkok Post as one of the top spots to eat. They will love it.

Big C

If it's important to you to impress your TG, the best way to do it is to just be yourself. BG or regular TG, doesn't matter. As Dr. WOB said, few things turn off a woman more than a man who is clearly TRYING to impress her. There are always other guys with more money, better looking than you, etc... just as there are always girls who are better looking than her, more willing, etc. Just be yourself and take her to a place you like (doesn't hurt if you think she might like it too) and that's it. Remember, you are the one with the power, prestige, education, and western passport. It looks odd if she thinks you are trying to impress her, not unlike how I would feel if a multi-millionaire were trying to impress me back home. I'd wonder about just how insecure and pathetic this person is to try to use their wealth to try to impress some insignificant peon like me. Thai women (all women, really) respect confidence in a man. Just be yourself, and if she likes you, she likes you, and if she doesn't, she doesn't. That's all there is to it, IMHO.

thanks everybody, for the good advise and such. I always like to impress people,

even a TG, what do you want from me, I am a nice person, I like to leave good memories

of myself, what can I do about it?? you coldhearted cowboys, ehe,ehe! peace, zul

thanks everybody, for the good advise and such. I always like to impress people,

even a TG, what do you want from me, I am a nice person, I like to leave good memories

of myself, what can I do about it?? you coldhearted cowboys, ehe,ehe! peace, zul

In that case, don't worry about where you take her. Just don't be an ass, talk about something other than you and your life, and treat her with respect. Sad to say, so many farangs in Pattaya are so dodgy you're more likely to be remembered fondly as "the guy that has a good heart" than "the guy that took me to XXX restaurant." Most BGs are stunned if you do something as simple as open a door for them or position yourself so you are between her and the oncoming traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

In that case, don't worry about where you take her. Just don't be an ass, talk about something other than you and your life, and treat her with respect. Sad to say, so many farangs in Pattaya are so dodgy you're more likely to be remembered fondly as "the guy that has a good heart" than "the guy that took me to XXX restaurant." Most BGs are stunned if you do something as simple as open a door for them or position yourself so you are between her and the oncoming traffic.

i can read in your words, you are a true gentleman Ace, sadly it's not the majority in Pattaya...

i'm with you on this point, impress your TG is not important, just be yourself is enough.

Cheers,

And that's the truth.

Yet another thing I like about P4P in Thailand, is that you can be a super nice gentleman and it's no big deal. It's all part of the GFE. I'd rather be thought of as a kind hearted and easy going customer, than a bad man that gets his jollies off treating a working girl like dirt due to his own insecurities and lack of manhood.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I don't think you're going to win a girl over by going to some fancy restaurant and paying twenty-five times more money for what you can buy from one of the many meals-on-wheels around Pattaya. But, if that's how you roll, then try the Joe Lewis restaurant. If you're facing Royal Garden (on Second Road, in pic below), walk down the left side of that towards Beach Road. The restaurant will be on the left...can't miss it.

Royal Garden.jpg

They do Thai-style shows there while you eat. I think taking an interest in the girl's culture will impress her more than taking her to a fancy restaurant. But, I suppose this is a way to do both.

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

i can read in your words, you are a true gentleman Ace, sadly it's not the majority in Pattaya...

i'm with you on this point, impress your TG is not important, just be yourself is enough.

Cheers,

And that's the truth.

Yet another thing I like about P4P in Thailand, is that you can be a super nice gentleman and it's no big deal. It's all part of the GFE. I'd rather be thought of as a kind hearted and easy going customer, than a bad man that gets his jollies off treating a working girl like dirt due to his own insecurities and lack of manhood.

Most of the girls are treated to such a parade of men with serious issues with women every day that they are very appreciative of a normal, well-adjusted male. I don't consider myself a specimen of a "gentleman" although I was brought up to respect women and treat them properly. I have great relationships with all the women in my life, from my mother to my ex-girlfriends. I remember a BG who works in a well-known establishment on LK Metro (no, not Devil's Den) who I became quite friendly with on my last trip (I got a couple of shirts as a going-away present) who said that she believes that 70% of farang come to Pattaya because they hate women and want to control and hurt them, and 30% because they love and respect women and can't get enough of them. She said when she finds one of the 30% guys, she values his company, because he reminds her of the way men were supposed to act before she came here. In a rare moment of a window into a bargirl's soul, she said something to the effect that although she knows she can never have that tenderness and compassion for life, she has learned to enjoy it while she can, before he leaves, as she knows he inevitably will. Of course I'm paraphrasing here, although her English was good, it wasn't THAT good. I wasn't sure whether to be touched by the compassion some can show, or depressed by the lack demonstrated by most. I gave her a hug, told her it was going to be OK and she would find a good man, and she sniffled a bit, wiped her eyes, and said thank you. A rare moment of pure emotion in Pattaya that didn't involve sex. This place can really mess with your head after a while, I don't know how those that live there do it.

Most of the girls are treated to such a parade of men with serious issues with women every day that they are very appreciative of a normal, well-adjusted male. I don't consider myself a specimen of a "gentleman" although I was brought up to respect women and treat them properly. I have great relationships with all the women in my life, from my mother to my ex-girlfriends. I remember a BG who works in a well-known establishment on LK Metro (no, not Devil's Den) who I became quite friendly with on my last trip (I got a couple of shirts as a going-away present) who said that she believes that 70% of farang come to Pattaya because they hate women and want to control and hurt them, and 30% because they love and respect women and can't get enough of them. She said when she finds one of the 30% guys, she values his company, because he reminds her of the way men were supposed to act before she came here. In a rare moment of a window into a bargirl's soul, she said something to the effect that although she knows she can never have that tenderness and compassion for life, she has learned to enjoy it while she can, before he leaves, as she knows he inevitably will. Of course I'm paraphrasing here, although her English was good, it wasn't THAT good. I wasn't sure whether to be touched by the compassion some can show, or depressed by the lack demonstrated by most. I gave her a hug, told her it was going to be OK and she would find a good man, and she sniffled a bit, wiped her eyes, and said thank you. A rare moment of pure emotion in Pattaya that didn't involve sex. This place can really mess with your head after a while, I don't know how those that live there do it.

Thanks for sharing this story, it's always nice to read of these kinds of things.

It seems like we don't read too often of these kinds of touching perspectives from the bar girl's side.

Official Pattaya Song

Thanks for sharing this story, it's always nice to read of these kinds of things.

It seems like we don't read too often of these kinds of touching perspectives from the bar girl's side.

Most bargirls are very reluctant to share their true feelings with just anybody. Sometimes there is some sort of chemistry between you and one girl (maybe one you "had", maybe just a drinking buddy) that enables her to drop her guard and open up to you. When they do, I'm continually amazed by how most retain a core of tenderness and vulnerability underneath whatever exterior they display, whether it's the "happy time girl" or the "hard-as-nails career bargirl" front they put up. Most of the bargirls I've met were truly wonderful people who, at the end of the day, just wanted to be loved for who they are.

There's a good friend of mine, ex-BG but freelanced every now and then when the need arose. She's one of those who was previously more in the scene but now just dabbles in it as necessary. I feel it's important to add that I never had her myself, she's always been off limits for reasons too complex to mention here (being the TGF's aunt is on the short list), but we're good friends in the truly platonic sense. We can go out, drink together, get wasted, we go to Insomnia, and I pick up a girl and she stays to do... well, whatever. Recently her boyfriend/sponsor sent her a SMS out of the blue after everything appeared just fine, basically saying that he will no longer be sending her money anymore. Just dumping her. I never saw the message myself but apparently he said some pretty horrible things about her character as well. I don't know the full details of the message, but it hurt her terribly. She cried for hours. She'd been good, just staying home and taking care of her daughter, and didn't understand what she'd done wrong. She had a past, but as far as I know she never cheated on him. If she had, I think I'd know. It was heartbreaking, she kept asking me what she did wrong and I didn't have an answer for her. She decided she wanted to go to Insomnia to get a farang because she didn't want to sleep alone that night. Told me she didn't care about the money, whatever he paid her would be enough, she just didn't want to be alone. Frankly, I thought about inviting her to stay with me just for company but decided against it as she is quite attractive and drinking was part of the plan for the night, and with her being lonely and me being a guy... well, it was just a bad idea. Didn't trust myself enough for that. I reluctantly went to Insomnia with her, and let her do her thing as she as she flirted with the guys. I was amazed that she was able to act so happy and sexy while I knew she was dying inside. Finally she came up to me and asked me to leave the club, once it seemed she had settled on a partner. Don't know why she asked, perhaps she knew that I was conscious of how vulnerable she was, or perhaps was just worried the guy she'd picked up would be put off by my presence. I did leave, and told her to call or SMS me if she needed anything. I saw her the next afternoon and asked no questions. I just hope that whoever she went with that night treated her well and helped her forget her troubles for at least a few hours. And if you're reading this, and you're from England and you ever sponsored a girl from Korat who's 29 and has a 5 year old farang daughter, and you think it might be her, you blew it, buddy. She was behaving and waiting for you.

Some nice stories here Ace, that's why we love Pattaya, it's always a different chapter every trip when different cultures meet together.

personally that's why i still back year after year, everybody know the city is shit and we don't come for the sea, but damn this city has no common points with an other one in the world.

i have also some stories like that, as i had sometimes some girls cried in my room when they start to speak about themselves, their family, kids and their daily life in Pattaya, it is not a paradise as we can believe fir them.

i had also met some winderful thai ladies who was in the P4P scene but now married to western guys and still happy.

c'est la vie...

Edited by MaGiK

Most bargirls are very reluctant to share their true feelings with just anybody. ..... She's one of those who was previously more in the scene but now just dabbles in it as necessary. ..... And if you're reading this, and you're from England and you ever sponsored a girl from Korat who's 29 and has a 5 year old farang daughter, and you think it might be her, you blew it, buddy. She was behaving and waiting for you.

First, most BGs I know are not sure what their true feelings are. And if they do know, they will change so often that it is hard to know anything for sure. This is not a knock on BGs per se, BGs tend to be young and few young women know what they want. This girl was 29, and maybe she did know her own mind.

I don't get it. She was a pro, but now is sponsored but 'dabbles' to make ends meet? You are either retired, or you are not. If she 'dabbled' and her sponsor assumed she was straight then there is a significant disconnect between them. If her sponsor discovered her dabbling, it may account for his nasty message.

First, most BGs I know are not sure what their true feelings are. And if they do know, they will change so often that it is hard to know anything for sure. This is not a knock on BGs per se, BGs tend to be young and few young women know what they want. This girl was 29, and maybe she did know her own mind.

I don't get it. She was a pro, but now is sponsored but 'dabbles' to make ends meet? You are either retired, or you are not. If she 'dabbled' and her sponsor assumed she was straight then there is a significant disconnect between them. If her sponsor discovered her dabbling, it may account for his nasty message.

Yeah, I should have been more clear, sorry about that. She quit the bar scene full time quite some time (maybe 6 or 7 years) ago, it was around when she got pregnant, and had been living with her sister near Chon Buri. She was occasionally (maybe a couple of times a year) picking up someone in Insomnia when money was tight to make ends meet before she met the English guy; after she made a commitment to him she did not go anymore.

Edited by AceFromNJ

Most bargirls are very reluctant to share their true feelings with just anybody. Sometimes there is some sort of chemistry between you and one girl (maybe one you "had", maybe just a drinking buddy) that enables her to drop her guard and open up to you. When they do, I'm continually amazed by how most retain a core of tenderness and vulnerability underneath whatever exterior they display, whether it's the "happy time girl" or the "hard-as-nails career bargirl" front they put up. Most of the bargirls I've met were truly wonderful people who, at the end of the day, just wanted to be loved for who they are.

I've had a few ladies that I've had really interesting and fascinating conversations with, and both spoke really good english. I guess it helps when you can communicate with the girl, whether in her language or yours.

One over dinner really opened up and told me about her background, family, experiences, things of that nature. She talked about one older guy that was sponsoring her, and how she quit working the bars because she really loved him (yes, there are bar girls out there like that). Sadly this sponsor died. I was just sitting there and was like wow, just listening to her, she was apologetic after a while saying she talked too much, but I was like no no, I don't mind.

I really do enjoy listening to people more than talking, and more so when I take ladies out on the town (bar girl or not). It's moments like these when you realize why you enjoy Thailand than anywhere else in the world.

Official Pattaya Song