IGNORED

impress your TG

zulthomas

I've had a few ladies that I've had really interesting and fascinating conversations with, and both spoke really good english. I guess it helps when you can communicate with the girl, whether in her language or yours.

One over dinner really opened up and told me about her background, family, experiences, things of that nature. She talked about one older guy that was sponsoring her, and how she quit working the bars because she really loved him (yes, there are bar girls out there like that). Sadly this sponsor died. I was just sitting there and was like wow, just listening to her, she was apologetic after a while saying she talked too much, but I was like no no, I don't mind.

I really do enjoy listening to people more than talking, and more so when I take ladies out on the town (bar girl or not). It's moments like these when you realize why you enjoy Thailand than anywhere else in the world.

I'd agree with you on almost all points. Although I tend to be more of a talker than a listener, some of the girls do have fascinating stories and it can be very rewarding to get to know them.

Once I reached beneath the surface of Pattaya, I quickly realized how sad a place it can be sometimes. In a weird sort of way, it's possibly the loneliest city in the world. So many people there, guys AND girls, have a broken heart they're trying to cure. There's so much mistrust and fear on both sides, yet, at times, moments of pure compassion shine through. Those are the moments that keep me coming back. Just about any girl in Pattaya will admit you into her body. A rare few will let you truly enter their hearts. Although all the girls should be treated with dignity and respect, those girls who open up to you like that deserve special consideration. I'm sure you treated her like a gentleman should, LonelyMan, you seem the type. I'm sure she was very appreciative of your company that night.

I like your point that "there are girls out there like that". It's true, forget what the "they're all whores" types say. Some of the Pattaya bar girls (not all, or even most, but some) just want to find a man who loves them for who they are, understands and forgives their past, and is willing to support and help her and her family. In exchange, she'll love you for life and be a wonderful wife and mother. I know they exist, my best friend is married to one. They met in a bar in Pattaya and have two beautiful children and have been living together in the states happily married for nearly five years now. The broken-hearted girl referenced in my previous post in this thread is her aunt, and my sort-of TGF - long story - is her cousin.

I'm not saying that Pattaya is the best place, or, indeed, any place, to go wife shopping. My point is that there are some genuine, honest, compassionate girls out there among the cold-hearted harpies. One shouldn't assume she's one of the latter right off the bat.

well, well I did not expect our american friends to be

sooo romantic! it looks like all the cinics are to be

found in our old europe these days.

anyway when asking for advise about spoiling the TG by

paying for serious food I am also trying to find a way

to show her that I appreciate her company, outside from

the usual mattress environement.

I also believe that you can have more giving talks with

a person under a more elegant setup than standing on the

street by a food stall.

but I must admit that I like good food myself and always enjoy

eating in the company of an interesting friend. speaking of

stories one should be reminded that if you wish to believe

them you are also required to chose to do that. take care

I'd agree with you on almost all points. Although I tend to be more of a talker than a listener, some of the girls do have fascinating stories and it can be very rewarding to get to know them.

Once I reached beneath the surface of Pattaya, I quickly realized how sad a place it can be sometimes. In a weird sort of way, it's possibly the loneliest city in the world. So many people there, guys AND girls, have a broken heart they're trying to cure. There's so much mistrust and fear on both sides, yet, at times, moments of pure compassion shine through. Those are the moments that keep me coming back. Just about any girl in Pattaya will admit you into her body. A rare few will let you truly enter their hearts. Although all the girls should be treated with dignity and respect, those girls who open up to you like that deserve special consideration. I'm sure you treated her like a gentleman should, LonelyMan, you seem the type. I'm sure she was very appreciative of your company that night.

I like your point that "there are girls out there like that". It's true, forget what the "they're all whores" types say. Some of the Pattaya bar girls (not all, or even most, but some) just want to find a man who loves them for who they are, understands and forgives their past, and is willing to support and help her and her family. In exchange, she'll love you for life and be a wonderful wife and mother. I know they exist, my best friend is married to one. They met in a bar in Pattaya and have two beautiful children and have been living together in the states happily married for nearly five years now. The broken-hearted girl referenced in my previous post in this thread is her aunt, and my sort-of TGF - long story - is her cousin.

I'm not saying that Pattaya is the best place, or, indeed, any place, to go wife shopping. My point is that there are some genuine, honest, compassionate girls out there among the cold-hearted harpies. One shouldn't assume she's one of the latter right off the bat.

All great points AceFromNJ

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Speech over. You may now return to your regularly scheduled mongering. :)

• 3 weeks later...

the best choice by far has to be Rim Talay (Naklua soi 18 - right at the end, next to Centara Grand Hotel).......

Absulutely stunning location - right on the best beach in Pattaya - they do Thai and european food, and considering how nice the place is and its position - the prices are very reasonable..........

You'll need to take a sack to carry all the "brownie" points you get for taking your bird there.....

Enjoy !

• 3 weeks later...

Try the restaurant Cucumbers at the end of Soi Baukhao near the Tuesday market, turn right down Pattaya South Road (its on the north side of South Pattaya Road) and go about 250m.

Food is great, prices are good and it has a nice outdoor area to sit and eat as well.

Thai and Westren food choices

Most of the girls don't like fancy expensive restaurants where they have to wait on there food

and have to sit still for a long time .

They also don't like you paying a lot of money on food as it leaves less money for them :GoldenSmile1:

My girl likes to eat at Leng kee , Pattaya klang , good food , fair prices .

That is my experience too, and I was actually surprised that this is how most of the girls feel. I took my LT TG for dinner at the Amari hotel, and she didn't enjoy it at all. For some reason she liked the food from street vendors better :question1:

• 4 weeks later...

I asked my TGF where she wanted to eat, I said as a treat we'll go to any resturant she wants i then started rattling of some really nice one's i'd seen in my daily travels. In the end we dined at Sizzler lol for some reason she loved it ??????? Another place she liked was hot pot in Tuk Com, on the ground floor at the rear near the gay massage shops. She explained no point wasting big money on fancy food

Most of the girls are treated to such a parade of men with serious issues with women every day that they are very appreciative of a normal, well-adjusted male. I don't consider myself a specimen of a "gentleman" although I was brought up to respect women and treat them properly. I have great relationships with all the women in my life, from my mother to my ex-girlfriends. I remember a BG who works in a well-known establishment on LK Metro (no, not Devil's Den) who I became quite friendly with on my last trip (I got a couple of shirts as a going-away present) who said that she believes that 70% of farang come to Pattaya because they hate women and want to control and hurt them, and 30% because they love and respect women and can't get enough of them. She said when she finds one of the 30% guys, she values his company, because he reminds her of the way men were supposed to act before she came here. In a rare moment of a window into a bargirl's soul, she said something to the effect that although she knows she can never have that tenderness and compassion for life, she has learned to enjoy it while she can, before he leaves, as she knows he inevitably will. Of course I'm paraphrasing here, although her English was good, it wasn't THAT good. I wasn't sure whether to be touched by the compassion some can show, or depressed by the lack demonstrated by most. I gave her a hug, told her it was going to be OK and she would find a good man, and she sniffled a bit, wiped her eyes, and said thank you. A rare moment of pure emotion in Pattaya that didn't involve sex. This place can really mess with your head after a while, I don't know how those that live there do it.

This touched me, thanks! Being a fat, bearded falang wearing glasses, albeit being young, smart and not exactly poor, the "u have good heart"-thing is likely to be overrated by me anyway, but this story really stands out to me, as it is indicative to how many douche- and scumbags are out there... Always good to keep in mind that BGs are girls, and therefore humans!!!

My TG took me to a Thai/Korean BBQ restaurant on Third Road north of Pattaya Klang, does anybody know this place?

Another night i was having diner with this same TG in The Pattaya Beer Garden and she pointed to the Boat Restaurant saying she wanted to eat there sometime, does anybody know how to get there?

Thanks,

SoD

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

This touched me, thanks! Being a fat, bearded falang wearing glasses, albeit being young, smart and not exactly poor, the "u have good heart"-thing is likely to be overrated by me anyway, but this story really stands out to me, as it is indicative to how many douche- and scumbags are out there... Always good to keep in mind that BGs are girls, and therefore humans!!!

Thanks, Hiram. I don't know how this thread got so out of control and ended up the way it did, but I'm glad BMs seem to appreciate it. Something about this topic just made me pour my stupid romantic heart out lol!

• 4 weeks later...

On my last trip, 2 days before I'm flying back home I return with a girl that I barfined from Pattaya to Bangkok. It's pretty late when we get in Bangkok and we still need to get dinner. So I let her choose whatever she wants to eat. Seafood she wants. Fine for me, but since none of use know a decent place she asks a motorbike taxi on Asoka to bring us to a place. Once there I let her order food for both of us and we have a decent but not special meal. Upon asking for the bill I have to pay 5000+ baht :o

Since I'm back home we have contact over Skype sometimes, not sponsoring her but might meet her on my next trip for 2 days or so again. She's still talking about the bill of 5000 baht for food so guess that it impressed her. Not really what I had in mind when taking her for dinner though :) (This as a warning, don't let taxis take you wherever without checking prices!!)

Otherwise I think there is no need to impress a girl with food. Most of them won't appreciate a fancy restaurant anyway, on the contrary even. In some cases they won't be at easy at all in a fancy place. A lot of them tend to like the typical Thai food from a streetvendor, else MK or Sizzler seems to be popular from my experience.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!

• 2 weeks later...

New girlfriend left marks on my neck and kept me off the market for a couple of days.

I figure what the hell and tried the top floors of the mall with the new Hilton.

She wants Tie food...settled on a Jappanese restaurtant since the thai place was a half hour wait for food.

She orders $50 worth of Sashimi and picks at it.

Should have insisted on the Thai food.

S.

Edited by stuckiniraq

• 1 month later...

Most bargirls are very reluctant to share their true feelings with just anybody. Sometimes there is some sort of chemistry between you and one girl (maybe one you "had", maybe just a drinking buddy) that enables her to drop her guard and open up to you. When they do, I'm continually amazed by how most retain a core of tenderness and vulnerability underneath whatever exterior they display, whether it's the "happy time girl" or the "hard-as-nails career bargirl" front they put up. Most of the bargirls I've met were truly wonderful people who, at the end of the day, just wanted to be loved for who they are.

There's a good friend of mine, ex-BG but freelanced every now and then when the need arose. She's one of those who was previously more in the scene but now just dabbles in it as necessary. I feel it's important to add that I never had her myself, she's always been off limits for reasons too complex to mention here (being the TGF's aunt is on the short list), but we're good friends in the truly platonic sense. We can go out, drink together, get wasted, we go to insomnia, and I pick up a girl and she stays to do... well, whatever. Recently her boyfriend/sponsor sent her a SMS out of the blue after everything appeared just fine, basically saying that he will no longer be sending her money anymore. Just dumping her. I never saw the message myself but apparently he said some pretty horrible things about her character as well. I don't know the full details of the message, but it hurt her terribly. She cried for hours. She'd been good, just staying home and taking care of her daughter, and didn't understand what she'd done wrong. She had a past, but as far as I know she never cheated on him. If she had, I think I'd know. It was heartbreaking, she kept asking me what she did wrong and I didn't have an answer for her. She decided she wanted to go to insomnia to get a farang because she didn't want to sleep alone that night. Told me she didn't care about the money, whatever he paid her would be enough, she just didn't want to be alone. Frankly, I thought about inviting her to stay with me just for company but decided against it as she is quite attractive and drinking was part of the plan for the night, and with her being lonely and me being a guy... well, it was just a bad idea. Didn't trust myself enough for that. I reluctantly went to insomnia with her, and let her do her thing as she as she flirted with the guys. I was amazed that she was able to act so happy and sexy while I knew she was dying inside. Finally she came up to me and asked me to leave the club, once it seemed she had settled on a partner. Don't know why she asked, perhaps she knew that I was conscious of how vulnerable she was, or perhaps was just worried the guy she'd picked up would be put off by my presence. I did leave, and told her to call or SMS me if she needed anything. I saw her the next afternoon and asked no questions. I just hope that whoever she went with that night treated her well and helped her forget her troubles for at least a few hours. And if you're reading this, and you're from England and you ever sponsored a girl from Korat who's 29 and has a 5 year old farang daughter, and you think it might be her, you blew it, buddy. She was behaving and waiting for you.

HUMMMMMMMM

I would say many things about CULTURAL differences and projection of OUR own culture (in this case on TG or BG), but I do not want to be polemic nor politcal.

Thailand as all other Asian countries has NOT a Romantic vision of LOVE. For centuries (not to say milleniums) Marriages have been celebrated for Political, Business or at least Family Wealth increase; LOVE (not bride nor groom will) have been NEVER taken in considration.

Only recently, let say from the 60's (I wouldn't say why, not to become political), by WESTERN Men (mainly) coming to the country in unsusual large number and bringing along their CULTURE (including Romance at any stage: movies, songs, way of acting and so on), Thai peole met the Romantic (Western) way of Love Affairs... Then it took some 40 years to the "practics" to be at least COPIED (I doubt assimilated).

We have some distinctions:

Very Rich Thai people (both partners), studied abroud in Western countries, well travelled and OPEN Minded; in this case could be possible a ROMANTIC Love Story (Western Style), because they probably got across the CULTURAL bridge. True Love, True Romance, bla bla bla.

Middle Class Thai People Now days present only in Bangkok and some other "relevant" cities. They watch TV shows, series, etc. imported from the West. They watch Western movies, listen to Western music, and got Western style advertisments and pushes (Valentine Day over all), so they TRY to live a Romantic LOVE Story (Western Style) with Hands Holding, Red Roses, Chocolate Boxes, Candle Dinners and so on, but is still difficult to really FEEL the NON Thai (Asian) way...

And finally, our E-saan (Chang Dao, whatever) Village Girls. Just watched some TV shows, series (more likely LAKONs), few DVDs of Western movies (surely TITANIC), never been out of their own village surroundings (or at list a quick journey to the Province Capital), for their entire live dealt with peasants (never met a FARANG), attended THAI Schools, BUDDHIST Temples, ate mainly (if not exclusively) local food (I mean E-saan or Northern or whatever, but not STANDARD Bangkok)... For whatever reason happened to hit PATTAYA, and now we have a bunch of "Neo Romantic White Knights" that want to "Wine and Dine" them and even better saw (feel) in them Western culture's own emotions.

Exception

Girls from the above (rural) background, but working in High Class establishments (mainly Bangkok) for at least a while. These are the only ones that COULD be impresed (even if not enjoy) The "impressive" dinners in fency restaurants, smart clothes, expensive watches and so on...

All the above saying,for what? I will tell you a little bit below.

Now. In my 20+ years of Thailand (both Tourist and now Resident) I noticed two main kinds of FARANG (they have various sub-categories, that will be discuss in an appropriote thread, if any):

The CYNICAL ones and the VERY INDULGENT ones (main sub-category, the one that wants to be MORE Thai, then the Thai themself).

So, and now I am going to the point:

First, Do not FORGET about the HUGE Cultural differences Between FARANG and Thai (especially the vast majority of the GIRLS are dealing with Foreigners) and be aware that it is VERY DIFFICULT (I said Difficult, not impossible) that a BG has the same feeling WE (or a Western Girl we imagine should have) in a certain situation particularly about ROMANCE /LOVE.

Second, "when in Rome, do as the Romas do". I do not mean you have to mistreat TG / BG as seems Thai men do. I mean (and highly reccomand you) to OBSERVE as Thai men of your Age and Status behave. You should try to REALLY penetrate and assimilate THAI Culture on DAILY Basis...

And finally, back to the topic, watch were THAI couples are going to dine. This surely will impress your "Teelak".

I think you got some good advices already. The most important (wich I agree) is being yourself, but due to the immense Cultural differences, making an attempt to behave as a local could / should be appreciate.

MK, Sizzlers, even Pizza Company and KFC (if your girl is pretty young) will be appreciated as well as street vendors. About Classy / Expensive Thai (or non Thai restaurant) I will suggest you to get to know your girl a bit better (tastes, feelings, self-confidence, show-off attitude, etc.) in order not to waste your time and money but also to avoid to make her "Loose Face" that will be a HUGE mistake. (for example, if her clothes happened to be inapropriate for the place, if she doesn't know how properly use cutlery, etc.).

[...] Recently her boyfriend/sponsor sent her a SMS [...] saying that he will no longer be sending her money anymore. [...] didn't understand what she'd done wrong.

Just came across this thread... late answer...

She'd done nothing wrong. But he is probably a BM here and has read some usual thread flaming sponsors.

I'm thinking of taking one to Tequila Reef this weekend, looks like a great menu, good Thai food as well.

i hound my self what works .if your in her bar.

is to offer to buy her and her freinds somthing of a street vender

it's cheap and they only buy what they want to eat so dont seem to take the piss

for 2-3 hundred bht it seems to show your a nice guy

but dont do it to often as they will exoect all the time

• 3 weeks later...

HUMMMMMMMM

I would say many things about CULTURAL differences and projection of OUR own culture (in this case on TG or BG), but I do not want to be polemic nor politcal.

Thailand as all other Asian countries has NOT a Romantic vision of LOVE. For centuries (not to say milleniums) Marriages have been celebrated for Political, Business or at least Family Wealth increase; LOVE (not bride nor groom will) have been NEVER taken in considration.

Only recently, let say from the 60's (I wouldn't say why, not to become political), by WESTERN Men (mainly) coming to the country in unsusual large number and bringing along their CULTURE (including Romance at any stage: movies, songs, way of acting and so on), Thai peole met the Romantic (Western) way of Love Affairs... Then it took some 40 years to the "practics" to be at least COPIED (I doubt assimilated).

We have some distinctions:

Very Rich Thai people (both partners), studied abroud in Western countries, well travelled and OPEN Minded; in this case could be possible a ROMANTIC Love Story (Western Style), because they probably got across the CULTURAL bridge. True Love, True Romance, bla bla bla.

Middle Class Thai People Now days present only in Bangkok and some other "relevant" cities. They watch TV shows, series, etc. imported from the West. They watch Western movies, listen to Western music, and got Western style advertisments and pushes (Valentine Day over all), so they TRY to live a Romantic LOVE Story (Western Style) with Hands Holding, Red Roses, Chocolate Boxes, Candle Dinners and so on, but is still difficult to really FEEL the NON Thai (Asian) way...

And finally, our E-saan (Chang Dao, whatever) Village Girls. Just watched some TV shows, series (more likely LAKONs), few DVDs of Western movies (surely TITANIC), never been out of their own village surroundings (or at list a quick journey to the Province Capital), for their entire live dealt with peasants (never met a FARANG), attended THAI Schools, BUDDHIST Temples, ate mainly (if not exclusively) local food (I mean E-saan or Northern or whatever, but not STANDARD Bangkok)... For whatever reason happened to hit PATTAYA, and now we have a bunch of "Neo Romantic White Knights" that want to "Wine and Dine" them and even better saw (feel) in them Western culture's own emotions.

Exception

Girls from the above (rural) background, but working in High Class establishments (mainly Bangkok) for at least a while. These are the only ones that COULD be impresed (even if not enjoy) The "impressive" dinners in fency restaurants, smart clothes, expensive watches and so on...

All the above saying,for what? I will tell you a little bit below.

Now. In my 20+ years of Thailand (both Tourist and now Resident) I noticed two main kinds of FARANG (they have various sub-categories, that will be discuss in an appropriote thread, if any):

The CYNICAL ones and the VERY INDULGENT ones (main sub-category, the one that wants to be MORE Thai, then the Thai themself).

So, and now I am going to the point:

First, Do not FORGET about the HUGE Cultural differences Between FARANG and Thai (especially the vast majority of the GIRLS are dealing with Foreigners) and be aware that it is VERY DIFFICULT (I said Difficult, not impossible) that a BG has the same feeling WE (or a Western Girl we imagine should have) in a certain situation particularly about ROMANCE /LOVE.

Second, "when in Rome, do as the Romas do". I do not mean you have to mi mmstreat TG / BG as seems Thai men do. I mean (and highly reccomand you) to OBSERVE as Thai men of your Age and Status behave. You should try to REALLY penetrate and assimilate THAI Culture on DAILY Basis...

And finally, back to the topic, watch were THAI couples are going to dine. This surely will impress your "Teelak".

I think you got some good advices already. The most important (wich I agree) is being yourself, but due to the immense Cultural differences, making an attempt to behave as a local could / should be appreciate.

MK, Sizzlers, even Pizza Company and KFC (if your girl is pretty young) will be appreciated as well as street vendors. About Classy / Expensive Thai (or non Thai restaurant) I will suggest you to get to know your girl a bit better (tastes, feelings, self-confidence, show-off attitude, etc.) in order not to waste your time and money but also to avoid to make her "Loose Face" that will be a HUGE mistake. (for example, if her clothes happened to be inapropriate for the place, if she doesn't know how properly use cutlery, etc.).

nice thread paisa. being a very old monger, unluckely with a good eye for the youngies, I try to compensate for the age difference by offering

the girls something else beside money, I like happy people around me, and I will try my best to get there, therefore the food/restaurant question.

• 4 months later...

For the locals, going to a western type establishment is an adventure. Stall food is regular fare for them. That's the exact opposite for us. I find that TG's really did the japanese places in Central Festival.

• 2 weeks later...

Many TG look most happy when they eat their issan somtam food.

It have nothing to do if expencive or not.

Be nice and buy alot of of issan food and you will have success.