IGNORED

The Best Steak in Pattaya

I had the opportunity to have an outstanding steak at Beefeaters last week. They were able to squeeze me in at 8:00 with my lady. Being from the US, I've had the opportunity to eat at a lot of outstanding steak houses. This ranks up there with the best the USA has to offer. The cost was $2600 bt including a tip for 2 including a bottle of decent South American Red wine. This was half the cost I would pay in the states. I realize that in terms of cost, it's high for pattaya, but well worth it in my opinion.

Wallbanger

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you want a good steak you can miss Beefeater

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Make sure you make a reservation at Beefeater if you want to dine in the evening.. Very popular.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I had the opportunity to have an outstanding steak at Beefeaters last week. They were able to squeeze me in at 8:00 with my lady. Being from the US, I've had the opportunity to eat at a lot of outstanding steak houses. This ranks up there with the best the USA has to offer. The cost was $2600 bt including a tip for 2 including a bottle of decent South American Red wine. This was half the cost I would pay in the states. I realize that in terms of cost, it's high for pattaya, but well worth it in my opinion.

I like Beefeater and go there every trip. I believe that you got good value at 2600 considering the stupid prices in Thailand for wine. However, to compare the meat at Beefeater to that of even a mid-level steakhouse in the States is ludicrous IMO.

• 2 months later...

The flare restaurant in the Hilton hotel.....is the nicest steak I've ever had in pattaya

best steak i had was from a streetvendor that was sellin beef in issan

the animal was slaughtered a few hours before

also made steak tartar was absolutely amazing

i was lucky enough to chose the cut i wanted

i'm not a fan of imported frozen meats

can be found in bangkok so i assume it can be found in patta

no such thing, (best steak in Pattaya)........may be one day i will try again

I think there problem beside being imported is they do not know how to cook or grill it at high temperatures.

They use low heat and it doesn't sear in the flavor, and sorry Aussie, you're meat is not that great like American grain fed cows.

Only other meat that is great is the Kobe beef, taste and goes down like butter, but only found it in Japan and the USA.

cheers tommy x

I was thinking the same thing.  Anyone who has had a steak in the USA at a top notch restaurant would agree. Also, most any steak house in Texas would run circles around the beef available in Thailand.

best steak i had was from a streetvendor that was sellin beef in issan

the animal was slaughtered a few hours before

also made steak tartar was absolutely amazing

i was lucky enough to chose the cut i wanted

i'm not a fan of imported frozen meats

can be found in bangkok so i assume it can be found in patta

I'm not a butcher but to have a good steak, the  meat is stale for a few days to deliver its flavor..isn't ??

I'm not a butcher but to have a good steak, the  meat is stale for a few days to deliver its flavor..isn't ??

Couldn't agree more...red meat especially needs to be hung to enhance the flavour and dry it out some

Hooray beer!

Thank you all for the great comments on Beefeater, I will look into it next time I am in Pattaya long stay and want a steak.  Still, I wait until I get back in the States to eat beef. That said I even try some of the best steak houses in Bangkok where they said they fly their beef in from the USA.  Nah, wasn't worth the money...wasn't awful, but I just do not think the Thais know how to cook on a high flame to seal in the flavor of the beef.  The closest Thai has to good red meat like the states, might be Outback Steak house in Bangkok.  Good beef is hard to find in Thailand.  Stick to chicken, pork and lamb.

cheers tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

Thank you all for the great comments on Beefeater, I will look into it next time I am in Pattaya long stay and want a steak.  Still, I wait until I get back in the States to eat beef. That said I even try some of the best steak houses in Bangkok where they said they fly their beef in from the USA.  Nah, wasn't worth the money...wasn't awful, but I just do not think the Thais know how to cook on a high flame to seal in the flavor of the beef.  The closest Thai has to good red meat like the states, might be Outback Steak house in Bangkok.  Good beef is hard to find in Thailand.  Stick to chicken, pork and lamb.

cheers tommy x

The steaks in Thailand just don't have the same flavour and taste and tenderness, in New Zealand the steaks are beautiful to eat, very good quality meat.

I had a fantastic steak a few weeks ago at Patrick's Belgian Restaurant, located in the same arcade as Big Horn Steakhouse.

I guess the key is to ensure you are getting some decent imported beef.

The Fillet Mignon I had was sourced from New Zealand, and it blew me away.

The accompaniments on the plate were OK, albeit not remarkable.

Cheers

Koykaeng

I'm glad I took you then. :-) Very good indeed.

http://patricksrestopattaya.com/

Maybe it's just me, but I had steak many times in many different places while in Patts and I never found anything close to what I`m accustomed to here at home. I mean some were pretty good, but the additional expense due to importing the beef,( which I feel has to be frozen prior to shipping?) just didn`t rate. And it also always came with a gravy or peppersauce loaded with peppercorns. My personal taste predicates that if one needs to put any sauce on a steak it`s either a poor grade of beef, over cooked, or both as I prefer medium rare . Having said that I`m sure there`re also places there with better steaks at which I`ve not eaten. Maybe I`ll try again but the awesome Thai food around that`s so affoardable, coupled with the fact that a good steak in the better restaurants can cost about the same as a ST, leave me a bit on the reluctant/skeptical side.

I suppose I`m spoiled on the availability here at home of good melt in your mouth fillets that`re much better priced.

Peace,

TM

Can't beat a thick but tender New York steak. In Southern Cal can be had from meat specialty shops and at the supermarkets, just make sure you get prime cuts.

• 3 weeks later...

i vote beefeater not cheap but good value overall for quality.

cheapest sailor bar soi 8

worst taste/value/service cafe pittini soi bukhoa.

Had the beef filet w/ mushroom sauce (with veggies and mashed potatoes) at Sailor Bar last week. Not the greatest, but if you only have 130 bt in your pocket...

Won't find the best steak at Sailor Bar but Beefeaters is pretty good.

Retired

+1 It's a good mix of...Good Food...Fair price I've had better steaks in Thailand....but paid a lot more for the privilege.... Beefeater gets my vote as the best....value for money Steak I've had in LOS

• 3 months later...

I'm a big fan of Beefeaters as well. If it's booked I'll usually try Patrick's. Im going to try to check out Golf Club next trip.

• 2 months later...

Char grilled steaks....try the Korean BBQ places, any of the shops using charcoal rather than the electric heated grills

i reccomend the one on thrid road around 100m in on the right hand side , when coming from Pattaya nua road or the korean BBQ place about halfway between thai garden resort and best supermarket , on Pattaya Nua.

sirloin , skirt and sometimes wagyu rib fingers available, grill them yourself over charcoal....steak to your liking guaranteed !

laters

Archived