IGNORED

The Best Steak in Pattaya

Maybe it's just me, but I had steak many times in many different places while in Patts and I never found anything close to what I`m accustomed to here at home. I mean some were pretty good, but the additional expense due to importing the beef,( which I feel has to be frozen prior to shipping?) just didn`t rate. And it also always came with a gravy or peppersauce loaded with peppercorns. My personal taste predicates that if one needs to put any sauce on a steak it`s either a poor grade of beef, over cooked, or both as I prefer medium rare . Having said that I`m sure there`re also places there with better steaks at which I`ve not eaten. Maybe I`ll try again but the awesome Thai food around that`s so affoardable, coupled with the fact that a good steak in the better restaurants can cost about the same as a ST, leave me a bit on the reluctant/skeptical side.

I suppose I`m spoiled on the availability here at home of good melt in your mouth fillets that`re much better priced.

Peace,

TM

Not it is not just you, TM, it is a bit of a mission to find a quality steak in Pattaya (even good bacon and eggs for that matter).

Has anyone tried El Toro Steak House on second Rd?

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?ByuRUD2pkcwC

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love El Toro's on 2nd rd.... If you go there try the El Toro's steak it was either 295 baht last year or 395 baht. Its as chip has chips and tastes amazing. They serve it with goose liver pate. I've been going for around 8 years I have tried nearly everything on the menu regardless of price, this must be the cheapest steak on the menu but in my opinion it tastes the best. The flilet of duck is also amazing there.

For rabbit in red wine sauce which is amazing stand in front of toros turn left walk around 100 meters approx you will see an exotic meat restaurant with emu etc on the menu. The exotic meat mix is nice but the rabbit is mind blowing good. I hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

I have had steaks all over the world and Beefeaters is right up there at the top

Yes Beefeaters is good..well run, consistent and good quality for the money

The Italian restaurant on Beach Road called Toscana, has a surprisingly very good steaks!!

This in addition to a great Italian pasta as well.

i vote Beefeater not cheap but good value overall for quality.

cheapest sailor bar soi 8

worst taste/value/service cafe pittini soi bukhoa.

Sorry not very original but i went to Beefeater on Soi Diana on 3 occasions in December and thought the steaks were wonderful and i went because of all the glowing reviews from other BM's. :Thanks3:

the mantra has a waagyu steak for 4000baht!!!! i guess it has to be good, anyone had one?

we just want a steak not the whole cow 555

I have had steaks all over the world and Beefeaters is right up there at the top

I agree. Excellent steaks, nice and clean place. You might also want to try New (or News?) on Thappraya Rd, very similar, I think they have the same management.

I had a fantastic steak a few weeks ago at Patrick's Belgian Restaurant, located in the same arcade as Big Horn Steakhouse.

I guess the key is to ensure you are getting some decent imported beef.

The Fillet Mignon I had was sourced from New Zealand, and it blew me away.

The accompaniments on the plate were OK, albeit not remarkable.

Cheers

Koykaeng

I had rather mixed experiences there, but at least their beer is the best! :-)

Try "Karmeliet" - beer straight from Heaven...

no such thing, (best steak in Pattaya)........may be one day i will try again

I think there problem beside being imported is they do not know how to cook or grill it at high temperatures.

They use low heat and it doesn't sear in the flavor, and sorry Aussie, you're meat is not that great like American grain fed cows.

Only other meat that is great is the Kobe beef, taste and goes down like butter, but only found it in Japan and the USA.

cheers tommy x

WED 2009 BRIAN.jpg

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

Re Beefeater, forgot to add: often fully booked, you better make a reservation in high season. Was sent aways twice in the past two weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

first el toros is no more,its called easy corner bar now.i normally dont eat steak in pattaya but as we were going to mata hari last friday i thought i would have a treat,an aussie t bone.i ordered it mr and it came without the fillet on one side of the bone,it was chewy and just about eatable.my wife had chicken this was like leather,she had one mouthful and left it.our total bill with 2 bottles of wine was 6000b.i asked to see the owner louis but was told he had just gone home.i told the thai headman but he just walked off.i have been going to this place for years even when it was on 2rd road in pattaya.can not tell how good a restaurant is till things go wrong,this one did nothing and i had to pay full amount.we have sent a lot of bhat over the years no more thank you.

i have eaten at many of the places mentioned and the best steak i have had was at the golf club. loved it. have been back many times and will be going back on my next trip in july

Has to be BeefEaters for me on Soi Diana. Always the best place for me, ive never had a bad steak and the service is good as well, which is important also :)

The friendly dating site :)

banner.gif

I go to Big Horn fore steak when in Pattaya. They have great meat and a lot of different sauces. The service is also very good. Check out their web site http://www.bighornsteakhouse.com/

Love me longtime :Biatch12:

Practice to beat the pro's http://www.fetchfido...4/connect_4.htm

http://en.wikipedia....roll_(Internet)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

My favourite is My Way which is a dutch restaurant located in the little arcade to the right of Soi Diana. It is almost opposite Beefeaters back door and further up the same arcade as Patricks.

They aren't as pricey as Beefeater and the quality is better IMHO.

They also do a rather magnificent beef stroganoff which I tend to butcher by adding their excellent home fried potatoes!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The nicest steak in Pattaya can be got in Foodland but you have to cook it yourself or get her to do it.Try the TRIPLE A tenderloin at the meat counter and it'll melt in your mouth.

Jim.

Crazy as it sounds i am a fish and chippy per se but i've heard some great reviews about my steak :-)

The Golf Club for value. Only 550 baht for 450 grams of porterhouse or filet, grilled on a Weber Grill for charcoal flavor.

http://www.golfclubpattaya.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=99

The Beefeater is good for imported steaks.

Retired

The Golf Club looks worth checking into...

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

The Golf Club looks worth checking into...

And if you sit out front you can oogle the Devils Den girls next door while you dine.

Retired

Archived