IGNORED

The Best Steak in Pattaya

Thanks for the comments guys, I normally eat Thai food when I am there but sometime you just want a bloody good steak.

Beefeater sounds good

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Pepper Steak at the Beefeater on soi Diana.

Beefeater 2.JPG

Beefeater 1.JPG

Beefeater 3.JPG

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I had a steak at Mr 99's last week. I was drunk and can't remember if it was worth it or not.

I was definately drinking way to much .

Manhatten steakhouse on the road to Jomtien usually has excellent staeks but once or twice I have been disapointed like everywhere else. It has howver a great selection of wines. They will pick you up and take you home in style and the environment is excellent. Good place to take a Gf who likes steak and wine (mine does).

It is abit pricy. But you dont do it everyday and as for the dress code just smart casual same as I wear every night.

I have had a good steak at the Irish bar that replaced Shannanigans at the RGP venue.

Cant remember the name its abit more spit and sawdust and they only have one real steak on the menu but we have been twice and its agreat steak. Rib Eye I think.

Trouble with that place is the wine is stupid prices and abottle that costs 1400bht even in Manhatten (not the cheapest by far) and 400bht in Tesco's cost 2000bht in that irish place thats why I wont go again. But if you dont need red wine with your steak ...................... If thats possible).

It seems the verdict is out already and I am pleased to say its the right one. Beefeater definitely the best Steak in Pattaya that I have had, the steaks are obviously real Australian (although they used to say 'NZ or Australian' but now just 'Australian). House Red (what else are you going to drink?) is about a 6 out of 10 but quite drinkable and well priced and served in very good quality glassware that makes all the difference. Only problem is getting a table, good luck anytime between 6pm and 10pm from what I have found...and thats a small table for one.

Cucumber, soso location but damn good steaks.

South pattaya road between 2-3 road .

I know you can get imported Australian and New Zealand beef/lamb etc. but I don't know where to get it.

Makro has it but it isn't cheap. They want a little under 1000 Baht a kg for steak.

I have pencilled in a visit to Beefeater on Friday before the meeting... :GoldenSmile1: It has been a while since I have paid them a visit.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Can add that i think the steak is around 500b .

Nobody tried Cucumber? Clean and nice too.

I had a steak at Mr 99's last week. I was drunk and can't remember if it was worth it or not.

I was definately drinking way to much .

I used to have the steak and prawns meal at Mr 99s on Beach Road, always thought it was good (although maybe not in the same league as some of the above). Wine cheap too.

• 2 weeks later...

We ate at Beefeaters a couple times, I had both the rib eye steak and the salmon, and both were excellent.

I live in Vegas and love eating at very nice restaurants. Beefeaters was great for the price!

In Phuket I recommend Buffalo Steak house off of Soi Bangla. Really good Australian beef.

Beefeater all the way for me been my regular place for 4 trips have had at least 20 steaks there never let me down yet. Can be a little bit crowded at peak times 18-22 so suggest giving them a call or a visit earlier to book a table.

Heres a foto of Fillet steak 200g with red wine sauce and garlic butter. yummy.

beef1.jpg

:Hug1:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2much2soon

Huge thanks to Scumbag & everyone!!!!

Will definatly, definatly be going to Beefeaters. I'm so excited now!!!

Thanks guys, bloody legends!!!

I've never had steak at Beefeaters but their ribs are top notch. Their cheapest house wine is a Bulgarian (I think) Red @1000B. Their weekend buffet is good value, if only for the ribs, however their Texas & Mexican chilli are about as hot as my ex-wife. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

The Golf Club on soi LK Metro has steak nights every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. The steaks is verry good.

Have a look here The Golf Club

(I have no connection to this business!)

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

I spent 10 years looking for a good grilled steak and decided it was not there anywhere. One night I happened to be at the Golf Club and learned they grill steaks on a webber grill with a real fire in front of you as you sit and drink your beer and stare at the DD girls. This was Jan 2010, the price was 550bt with sides. Ill be there in June and intend to indulge. They only do it on Friday and Saturday nights. I like a steak grilled on a real grill that gets that charcoal or burning wood taste in it. If you know of another place that cooks like this, please post it. Im a grill fanatic but can live without it in LOS LOL.

Can tell you without doubt, IMHO,,,and with some measure of confidence, the best steak,,,cooked to prefection is:::::

Behihana,,,,paid over 6000 baht for their Matsuzaka,,,,so thin, the fat and oil overwealm, total bill over 7000 with sashimi and drink. NOT GOOD...

Cafe Pascual...Their Kobe is not very good....too much gristle,,,and a little firm...would not be shocked to learn it wasn't even Kobe..

Manhattan,,,,good steaks,,,among the best, the best lobster bisque around...the best I've had in 15 years.,Great Rack of Lamb...wonderful ambiance.

Alois,,,OK ,,,nothing special

Mata Hari,,,OK,,, a little light on decor.

Mantra...their Kobe is average, nothing special.The Marbling Score was probably a 6..fancy modern decor,,service a little slow,, appetizers lacking.....

Royal Cliff.....expensive for what you get,,,,again,,,nothing special.....

Beefeater.. Good Value, Steaks are OK,,..their best for me is the Baby Back Ribs,,,the sauce ain't that great but the meat is very tasty and tender.

Bobs BBQ (LK Metro),,,,,not steaks,,,but the ribs were quite tasty and worth a trip.

(Note,,,for some reason,,,,didn't try the new Hilton,,,left last month without going there....IMHO,,,too much walking to get there...yea,,,lazy...

Cafe Des Amis......Don't waste your time,,the only one who would call it "fine dining" is the owner....Their Kobe was probably not..

THE BEST **with some degree of confidence and more than passing knowledge of the "science of meat", in Pattaya (actually Jomtien), is BRUNOS. which is about a mile past Manhattan on Thappraya Road. The decor is stylish, the service great, the bread service is good, the Escargo is just magnificent,,,,,the best steak to me is their Kobe Tenderloin; thick enough and cooked well and the top/sides are seared to perfection...Unlike some of their others, Brunos is also consistant......tried most of their appetizers and entrees,,Not cheap but true "Fine Dining". Also the most frustrating part of most all of the other restaurants (including Manhattan) isn't done at Brunos,,,,the bread is soft and the butter isn't hard.

IMH and well travelled opinion about the best steak anywhere......,,,,I used to think it was a thick Matsuzaka (Marble Score 11) I had in special japanese restaurant in Tokyo last year......Now, without a doubt, the best I've ever had without a close second (forget even the Hitachi Steaks) comes from a farmer who breeds Weygu cattle in Australia....(in a Melbourne Restaurant)....was told he's been experimenting for years cross breading the best of the best and has the history of the cattle going back more than 50 years......The most moist, juicy, tender and TASTY meat ever...Was shown the raw "slab" before preparing...never saw anything even close to it ever,,,,the most intensive and broad/complex marbling I've ever seen....had to score yhe highest, at least a 12,,actually should have one more grade for that one........He gave the restaurant special strict and detailed instructions on how best to cook the beef.. What ever his name is""""""""THANKS""""""

Can tell you without doubt, IMHO,,,and with some measure of confidence, the best steak,,,cooked to prefection is:::::

Behihana,,,,paid over 6000 baht for their Matsuzaka,,,,so thin, the fat and oil overwealm, total bill over 7000 with sashimi and drink. NOT GOOD...

Cafe Pascual...Their Kobe is not very good....too much gristle,,,and a little firm...would not be shocked to learn it wasn't even Kobe..

Manhattan,,,,good steaks,,,among the best, the best lobster bisque around...the best I've had in 15 years.,Great Rack of Lamb...wonderful ambiance.

Alois,,,OK ,,,nothing special

Mata Hari,,,OK,,, a little light on decor.

Mantra...their Kobe is average, nothing special.The Marbling Score was probably a 6..fancy modern decor,,service a little slow,, appetizers lacking.....

Royal Cliff.....expensive for what you get,,,,again,,,nothing special.....

Beefeater.. Good Value, Steaks are OK,,..their best for me is the Baby Back Ribs,,,the sauce ain't that great but the meat is very tasty and tender.

Bobs BBQ (LK Metro),,,,,not steaks,,,but the ribs were quite tasty and worth a trip.

(Note,,,for some reason,,,,didn't try the new Hilton,,,left last month without going there....IMHO,,,too much walking to get there...yea,,,lazy...

Cafe Des Amis......Don't waste your time,,the only one who would call it "fine dining" is the owner....Their Kobe was probably not..

THE BEST **with some degree of confidence and more than passing knowledge of the "science of meat", in Pattaya (actually Jomtien), is BRUNOS. which is about a mile past Manhattan on Thappraya Road. The decor is stylish, the service great, the bread service is good, the Escargo is just magnificent,,,,,the best steak to me is their Kobe Tenderloin; thick enough and cooked well and the top/sides are seared to perfection...Unlike some of their others, Brunos is also consistant......tried most of their appetizers and entrees,,Not cheap but true "Fine Dining". Also the most frustrating part of most all of the other restaurants (including Manhattan) isn't done at Brunos,,,,the bread is soft and the butter isn't hard.

IMH and well travelled opinion about the best steak anywhere......,,,,I used to think it was a thick Matsuzaka (Marble Score 11) I had in special japanese restaurant in Tokyo last year......Now, without a doubt, the best I've ever had without a close second (forget even the Hitachi Steaks) comes from a farmer who breeds Weygu cattle in Australia....(in a Melbourne Restaurant)....was told he's been experimenting for years cross breading the best of the best and has the history of the cattle going back more than 50 years......The most moist, juicy, tender and TASTY meat ever...Was shown the raw "slab" before preparing...never saw anything even close to it ever,,,,the most intensive and broad/complex marbling I've ever seen....had to score yhe highest, at least a 12,,actually should have one more grade for that one........He gave the restaurant special strict and detailed instructions on how best to cook the beef.. What ever his name is""""""""THANKS""""""

What a good post, thanks mate.

Really helpful, and a handy list to have.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

On soi daimond in swiss house you can get nice steak in resonable price. You will always get so much food over there and aroy mak mak :)

• 1 month later...

In May I went to the Pattaya Beer Garden at the start of Walking Street. I was very hesitant about ordering a steak but did. Well I was blown away. Had a steak (can't remember the cut) with fresh pepper corn sauce. Being Aussie I am qutie fussy about my cow. It was also very well priced. It was so good I went back a few days later for another meat fix. I complimented the owner and he told me that it was imported from both NZ and Oz. I will go back next time.

• 3 months later...

try the Kings Table restaurant on Soi 13

across from Sandy Spring

Agree. The restaurant is located in front of Inn House hotel. I think the restauraunt and hotel is run by different owners (?), but as a guest if Kings Table you may use the toilet down in the lobby area of Inn House (just a glassdoor separating the restaurant and lobby)

I ate there several times during my last trip. I recommend the pepper steak with mashed potatoes (320 baht I think). The lamb steak was also very good.

The photoguide pictures is old, but I think Kings Table is located at this previous car park:

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?UjvRU4NqkcxA

I liked the steak in "CAP Breton", served with red wine sauce, and not that expensive, less then 400 bht. But I would not say it was the best steak I ever had.

I've always been had a great luck.with Patrick's Belgian Restaurant for steaks it also has great selection of Belgian beers .

' You be sexy woman , Flo ' Bad boy Bubby

Maybe it's just me, but I had steak many times in many different places while in Patts and I never found anything close to what I`m accustomed to here at home. I mean some were pretty good, but the additional expense due to importing the beef,( which I feel has to be frozen prior to shipping?) just didn`t rate. And it also always came with a gravy or peppersauce loaded with peppercorns. My personal taste predicates that if one needs to put any sauce on a steak it`s either a poor grade of beef, over cooked, or both as I prefer medium rare . Having said that I`m sure there`re also places there with better steaks at which I`ve not eaten. Maybe I`ll try again but the awesome Thai food around that`s so affoardable, coupled with the fact that a good steak in the better restaurants can cost about the same as a ST, leave me a bit on the reluctant/skeptical side.

I suppose I`m spoiled on the availability here at home of good melt in your mouth fillets that`re much better priced.

Peace,

TM

I've always been had a great luck.with Patrick's Belgian Restaurant for steaks it also has great selection of Belgian beers .

Must have been unlucky at Patricks! Meat was not good at all, fries frozen and sauce nothing to write home about. My friend's steak was better, not same piece.

Archived