Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Phuket - Thailand 1st timer

BNE Frank

Hi guys,

Just joined up to this site and am needing some advice.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a solo trip to Phuket and it will be my first time. I'd like to go early Feb 2011 as I have access to special V Australia business class fares for around AU$1000 and also before V Australia finishes up that route.

My main reason for going over...........getting to know the local girls :)

Thanks to this forum, I've narrowed down the hotel to http://www.cnhotelpatong.com/index.php (probably VIP or Studio room) as I'm wanting to experience 2 girls for the first time.

I've got lots of questions:

• The advice I need is where is the best place to find some hotties?
  • What is the dress code in the bars?
  • From reading, I should expect to pay around 2000-3000 for an LT?
  • Do I buy all my condoms here?
  • How do I avoid the lady boys? Do I just stick to the bars?
  • What else should I do when I don't have company?
  • Is there anything I should worry about other than STD's, lady boys and draining all my bodily fluids?

Thanks for you help!

hi fdsomeone, iv just got back from Phuket , i stayed in numerous hotels, the C&N is very well situated just across from bangla road which is the main strip for hotties , my personal favorite was bonkers bar were i took a girl from there for the duration of my trip , although there is many others im rather picky , expect to pay 2000 to 3000 although if you hook up with a chic that digs you u can get it down a bit , i payed 2500 the first night for the chic out of bonkers and 2000 every other night , most of the other chics wanted 2500 and that was the going rate i suppose. if you want to interact more with the girls id stick to the bars than run off bangla road , the one soi u need to avoid if your not after ladyboys is soi crocodile u cant miss it , there tons of ladyboys outside dressed up and thats were the ladyboy bars are , next to that soi there is 2 gogo bars above with dancers u can see from the street , they are pretty good although i didnt soend much time in them , theres also a beer complex is one of the sois with some gogos in with lots of hotties in , just walk down and you will be offered to go in by chics outside

watch out for the touts trying to get you into the gogos at the top of bangla near your hotel , on my first day i followed one into roxys gogo and they wanted 500 baht for a beer , i felt obliged to pay as of the stories id heard of patpong in bkk

i also hit the discos alot , here you can skip the bar fine which is usually 500 baht or something but goes down as the night goes on i always seem to forget how much the barfine is as it gets added on to your bill of drinks , hollywood disco and tiger disco is were most of them hang out , you get lots of fun girls in there letting their hair down just go and talk to the one you want and usually before ya know it ya back at ya hotel room opening a condom packet , most girls will be happy to go to the beach with you the next day , i hired a scooter and kicked back on the beach with my bg untill she had to go to work

for me i had to go and buy clothes from the stores because i got so hot walking around , i wore shorts sandals and a light t shirt , im from uk but i saw plenty of guys dressed in jeans and shoes , but for me that would be too much

when ya not in ya room with ya fuck buddy , hit the beaches , i rented a bike and went to every beach along the west coast theres about 12 maybee more in total , drive down to Karon, kata and head up Phuket heights its a great drive , u eventually end up in rawai which is the port were you can get a boat over to most of the islands , there some great beaches in the north which is were i stayed , surin , bang tao and laguna . u suggest u get a motorbike because the tuk tuks rape you blind its overpriced and the majority of backpackers skip it out of their trip for that reason , and now im in pattaya it uncomparable , pattaya blows it out the water for chics , on my first day here in patts i saw maybee 4 or 5 lookalikes of the chic i was taking from the gogo every night , if its chics your after pattaya is were its at dude , Patong is based around 1 street bangla road , which is also a tourist haven , u got familys walking down there at night with their kids , and be prepared to get harrassed everywhere u go by touts

i enjoyed my trip there , and would probably do a week there again but only for the beaches and not bitches , if you want any more information check out

http://www.phuket-info.com/forums/ they have plenty of upto date information on the island , have a good trip buddy and keep us all posted

Phuket is great,more expensive than pattaya and more compact.you can get bar girls for 1000baht 300 b/f longtime. hotels and drinks cost more than patts.c&n is a great location but has no pool,there again the beach is 2 minutes away.there are many good value trips and places to go.internals flights are cheapish so you could visit more than 1 resort on your holiday.im sure you will enjoy your trip

There is another forum Phuket info . Com quite good and all about Phuket .... If you are only going there give them a look at.... When you arrive go to soi Eric and the mai Thai bar and speak with nicke the owner he will give you all advice you need

Summerbreeze hotel on soi sansabai best little hotel in area American owner great staff

There is another forum Phuket info . Com quite good and all about Phuket .... If you are only going there give them a look at.... When you arrive go to soi Eric and the mai Thai bar and speak with nicke the owner he will give you all advice you need

Summerbreeze hotel on soi sansabai best little hotel in area American owner great staff

Soi lion and soi eric will be broken down this year, you can read this on http://www.phuket-info.com/forums/ a month ago. All bar owners from soi lion had until september and soi eric will folow. Probably for a big hotel did some mamasans tell me!

To the OP= As for the hotel check out Ferbs geusthouse, totally girlfriendly and perfect location. See pictures and description in my TR of april 2010!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

cant give you an opinion on hotels in phuket but can give you an opinion on thailand. skip phuket, go to pattaya.

i agree Phuket is crap! overpriced and the girls are nowere near as nice as the girls in pattaya also some beer bars ask for 1000 baht barfines it reminded me of spain overpriced and crap! skip Phuket and go to pattaya.

i agree phuket is crap! overpriced and the girls are nowere near as nice as the girls in pattaya also some beer bars ask for 1000 baht barfines it reminded me of spain overpriced and crap! skip phuket and go to pattaya.

:Number1a: what he said...again.lol

:Number1a: what he said...again.lol

im with you 2 on this went last month never again its shit and every things overpriced al stick to patts from now on

:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-

im with you 2 on this went last month never again its shit and every things overpriced al stick to patts from now on

im guessing that there is a lot of what i call "the magaluf crowd", there. you know the type, young arseholes (not saying all young people are arseholes before anyone says anything, just the magaluf crowd lol) who cant take their beer, are obnoxious and think that getting pissed and chasing obnoxious falang women is cool. which is why i would never want to go. i hate these horrible anti social wankers. spoiling the holiday for everybody else. just the type of arsehole we need to keep away from pattaya. could you let us know if i am right in my assumptions.

Okay, here we go again about Phuket being crap, over priced and full of young arseholes (I'm 44 so I really don't fit into being a young arshole I guess). It really doesn't add anything or helping the guy with any information. It is just the normal bullshit and...... blah, blah, blah about Phuket. Have your guys been to Phuket at all? My guess is, that if you have, it might only have been once for a very short time and you'd properbly did all the newbie mistakes that you could do.

With the risk of beiing unpopular I would claim that you would say the same about Krabi, Koh Samui or/and Chang Mai as well.

I've lived on Phuket for two years now and in Thailand for 5 and. I'm far from an expert about Thailand and but I'm a regular guest to the bar scene in Phuket and in Krabi as well and I have another view on Phuket. Please be aware that I respect other peoples view on things as long as they are constructive and informational.

Here is my answers to your questions;

The advice I need is where is the best place to find some hotties?

The best place would be Bang La road. It's an area with tons of beer bars and a few GoGo's (I always recommend Suzy Wong). Bang La road has a lot of bars, with the Australian bar as the biggest, just in front of Soi Gonzo.

Connected to Bang La, you have 6 soi's with bars and GoGo's. The first coming from the beach side is Soi Easy. It is also here you'll find Holywood night club, which is a fantastic place to pick up some really hot FL.

Next is Soi Gonzo, then Soi Katoy, with a lot of katoys dancing in the front. Then you find Soi Eric, which I find a bit boring. Soi Lion is next and a personal favorite. Then you have the newly renovated Soi Dragon which has lifted the whole soi, from being just another soi to something much more modern (was there two days ago, but forgot my camera).

It is also the soi where you find most GoGo bar. I don't really don't visit these often and they are pretty lame and ordinary comparing to what you find in Pattaya. Pattaya GoGo's are simply much, much better. Finally you have Soi Tiger which is just below another FL heaven - the Tiger Disco. Soi Tiger has its ups and downs but this might be the best place to find some really stunning girls working the bars. You have some other smal soi's but with really little action going on.

At the end of Bang La road you have Seduction, another night club, but with to many farang girls hanging out. If everything fails, then hit Tai Pan or Holywood after 2 pm and pick up the bits and pieces as many BG go there after the bars are closed.

And this is only about Patong. You have a lot of smaller bar scenes everywhere on Phuket and everywhere youcan find some really gems. It is just a question about looking for it or asking someone that lives here.

I have great joy having fun in Rawai, Chalong and Kata beach. In general I'll find the bar scene more relaxing in Phuket than in Pattaya, but - I don't live in Pattaya.

What is the dress code in the bars?

Dress casual and a bit smart. Don't over dress as this looks a bit funny, but don't come with shorts sandals (and white socks) and a tank t-shirt saying Chang Beer.

From reading, I should expect to pay around 2000-3000 for an LT?

Many FL will surely ask you for that price, especially if you look and act like a newbie. I have never paid more than 1,500 THB. Away from Patong the price is normally 1,000 THB. BF is normally 300 THB in the bars and 600 THB in the GoGo. I don't and I have never ever heard about a 1,000 THB barfine.

The questions is, if these prices is so much higher than Pattaya and I claim to say no. Okay, we don't have a Soi 6 but we have several places with 1,000 THB for one hour with one girl, which many, but far from all who visit Soi 6 pays anyway.

Do I buy all my condoms here?

You can get condoms here in Thailand. I normally buy at 7/11

How do I avoid the lady boys? Do I just stick to the bars?

Avoid picking up from the streets and especially at Bang La road you'll find a lot of them free lancering on the street. Keep your eyes open and just ask.

What else should I do when I don't have company?

Go to the beach, snorkeling, diving, kite surfing, elephant riding, just the normal tourist things. PM if you like.

Is there anything I should worry about other than STD's, lady boys and draining all my bodily fluids?

Bag up, keep your eyes open, don't get really, really drunk and otherwise just enjoy your holiday !

Remember one thing. Don't expect that Phuket is like Pattaya, because it is not. Both places has their god and bad sides, but overall it is good. I live in Phuket and I really enjoy the place. I guess if I was living in Pattaya I would love that too. In the end, it is in the eyes of the beholder.

Z

• Like 1

I have been to Phuket many times, it is a great place for a holiday.

There are many places on Phuket for ladies not only Bangla, so look around, otop, boxing stadium, are just a couple more places apart from bangla rd.

Stay at the CN hotel or pick a place on soi sansabai, all are guest friendly, The summer breeze is really homely or the yorkshire is a bit more glossy.

Don't worry about lady boys, you will be able to pick 99% of them and if you make an error just don't tell your friends..

There is a younger crowd in Phuket compared to Patts and mostly don't cause a problem but the hotter girls will go for the younger guys before us old folks most of the time.

I have seen more trouble in patts than Phuket, mostly drunken pommies when Wolverhampton smash WBA 8-0 etc etc..

These days I to head for Pattaya its larger cheaper and much more insane .

Zenobiz. Gives an excellent response. I did my first solo trip to Phuket just over a year ago and went with a mate threee months later. Most i ever paid L/t was 2000 for a lass from playskool Other than her who i was hot for. Might be because she had her hand down my shorts while negotiating the fee. I always paid 1500 L/T and had some lookers so its not getting scrubbers. I just tell them I am on a daily budget and cannot pay more than 1500 for Lady "up to you" Funnily enough up to them was nearly always yes.

1000 short time for an afternoon wife from Rock hard was typical.

I stayed at the expat like CN it is a stones throw from Bangla but it has a pool and very girl friendly. I got a poolside room so i didn't have to stagger upstairs when getting back a little drunk. Still inexpensive but just work out what your budget is and what you want and go for that. Don't be too concerned You can always shift hotels once you are there anyway.

Condoms- Take your own. Local ones can be fine for some guys others don't like them. Just take from home and avoid a possible hassle.

What to do when you aren't mongering is probably Phukets greatest drawcard as it has more to do than just about anywhere else. Quad bike riding.. Go Karts.. Fishing.. Diving.. Tours etc you will not run out of things to do there and it is a great all round holiday experience with pretty girls thrown in.

Some bars will have a 1000 barfine but this is nearly always before midnight and generally will go to 500 or 600 afterwards. This is because on occasion when the US navy or a couple of footy trips converge on one bar in busy high season. The bar can be stripped of girls early leaving the bar with no customers to sell drinks to. (No girls = no customers)

Wear whatever your comfortable in.

Thanks heaps for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

I've still got lots of 'research' to do :)

im guessing that there is a lot of what i call "the magaluf crowd", there. you know the type, young arseholes (not saying all young people are arseholes before anyone says anything, just the magaluf crowd lol) who cant take their beer, are obnoxious and think that getting pissed and chasing obnoxious falang women is cool. which is why i would never want to go. i hate these horrible anti social wankers. spoiling the holiday for everybody else. just the type of arsehole we need to keep away from pattaya. could you let us know if i am right in my assumptions.

yes you hit the nail right on the head reg, just not got the same feel as pattaya and every body wants to rip you of on a biger scale

:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-

Going there next Tuesday for 4 days, shall be able to tell more current information about the place.

Staying in Patong. Is there any Baht bus in Patong?? Hear a lot of bad experience with the tuk-tuk. Am thinking of hiring a car to travel around? Is there any reputable car rental company in Patong?

I am not a very active person the 40's. Would like to have a drink in a quiet bar with companion of course. Any suggestion?

Going there next Tuesday for 4 days, shall be able to tell more current information about the place.

Are you going by yourself and how long are you staying?

Very interested in your trip report. Any chance of updates while your there?

Hope you have a great time!

i agree phuket is crap! overpriced and the girls are nowere near as nice as the girls in pattaya also some beer bars ask for 1000 baht barfines it reminded me of spain overpriced and crap! skip phuket and go to pattaya.

Can't agree with you on this. You can't compare Pattaya with Phuket on prices alone! If it's just cheap P4P you are after it's Pattaya for sure, but if you want the total package of P4P, tropical island feeling instead of city feeling, superb beaches, great landscape and scenery... It's Phuket!

As for the beauty of the girls, i can assure you that there are plenty of really beautiful girls in Phuket but not in the same amount as in Pattaya. As for prices the really super hot beautiful girls in Pattaya and Phuket go ST for 2000-3000, only BF in Phuket are slightly more expensive with 500-600 but last april i paid 300BF in soi lion and 1200LT, just read my TR of Phuket!

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Staying in Patong. Is there any Baht bus in Patong?? Hear a lot of bad experience with the tuk-tuk. Am thinking of hiring a car to travel around? Is there any reputable car rental company in Patong?

I am not a very active person the 40's. Would like to have a drink in a quiet bar with companion of course. Any suggestion?

First off. I wouldn't rent a car in Patong. What for? You can take motorbike taxi easy enough if you want cheap transport or hire an easy to ride scooter. Car will be expensive and hard to park etc. Tuk Tuks have a bad rep in Phuket and with good reason as they are a bunch of pricks. You just have to be firm with them on price. Deal with them firmly and show no signs of weakness but if you are firm (not aggressive) with them they usually succumb. I remember once on my first trip I was with my wife of the time. I went to the back of the line and asked for a fare he pointed to the tuk tuk down the front some 8 tuk tuks away. I said no he wait in sun all day i not want tot go far maybe only 30 or 50 baht he need good customer. I told him where i wanted to go. He said something in thai down the line and quoted me 300 baht. I never changed my expression but i turned so my back was facing all the other tuk tuks so they could not hear or watch what was going on and said there are eight tuk tuks in front of you take me where i want to go i will pay 100 baht and when you get back you will be in same place. Or you can stand in sun and make nothing. He took the fare but be prepared to walk off if he won't budge. They are looking for dumb tourists but will take an earn from someone who knows the rates.

Best advice is stay somewhere close to where you will spend most of your time. If its bangla then there are heaps of hotels within spitting distance. Just walk. I stayed at the expat like i said never took a taxi of any kind and used a motorbike to tour the outlying beaches etc but truth is i could of gotten away with not bothering (Glad i did though) Spending a day with a L/T on an almost deserted beach in a tropical paradise playing rip off your bikini bottoms and hide the sausage is something you won't forget in a hurry.. If you are in Patong it is very compact so don't worry too much regarding transport. Just pick the right location to stay.

As for a quiet bar. There are a few i think there is one called full moon or blue moon or something like that that has no barfineable girls on Bangla but is a great chill out bar. Aussie bar is a sports bar but has no bargirls to. Not my cup of tea. I have aussie sports bars in OZ i didn't travel to thailand for that. Each to their own though and can be good for a drink and chatting to punters with sport beamed in from around the globe.

For me Bangla doesn't have a lot of daytime action as it really is geared for tourists who do things through the day but you can chill if you want. I tlivens up in the evening though.

Honestly if you haven't been before you will be amazed at how compact Patong is.

For me Bangla doesn't have a lot of daytime action as it really is geared for tourists who do things through the day but you can chill if you want. I tlivens up in the evening though.

Honestly if you haven't been before you will be amazed at how compact Patong is.

Thanks mate for the reply.

So during the day, there isn't much girl action?

Does anyone get an LT to take them around to do the touristy stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just joined up to this site and am needing some advice.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a solo trip to Phuket and it will be my first time. I'd like to go early Feb 2011 as I have access to special V Australia business class fares for around AU$1000 and also before V Australia finishes up that route.

My main reason for going over...........getting to know the local girls :)

Thanks to this forum, I've narrowed down the hotel to http://www.cnhotelpatong.com/index.php (probably VIP or Studio room) as I'm wanting to experience 2 girls for the first time.

I've got lots of questions:

• The advice I need is where is the best place to find some hotties?
  • What is the dress code in the bars?
  • From reading, I should expect to pay around 2000-3000 for an LT?
  • Do I buy all my condoms here?
  • How do I avoid the lady boys? Do I just stick to the bars?
  • What else should I do when I don't have company?
  • Is there anything I should worry about other than STD's, lady boys and draining all my bodily fluids?

Thanks for you help!

check out the nightlife section in the Phuket info thread i did a while back http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/62120-some-good-phuket-info/ pretty much if your on bangla rd your in the right place

Edited by morton173

Just came back from Phuket today. Drinks are much more expansive than Pattaya. Aussie Bar charge 90Baht for Heniken. It is just a normal bar with no dancer or girls available. Patong is considered to be quite at the moment, don't know why. Plenty of new bars set up in Bangla Road, many lady boys as well. A beer in Sussie Wong Bar is about 150Baht. There are two bars at the opposite end of Bangla Road (not the beach end) selling beer at 50-50 Baht, they next to each other, every reasonable price.

Transport is a huge problem in Phuket. A taxi will cost you 650B from the airport. If you are not in a hurry, you can use the minibus costs $150 Baht but have to wait until they have 10 people. One solution is to share a taxi with another 2 visitors of the same location. If you plan to do that, print a A4 with you and display it to other travelers before boarding the flight. Minibus can be booked from agency depot located in every corner in Patong and other popular tourist area. It costs about 150 Baht and will pick you up.

The girls in Patong are very despite at the moment because of not enough tourists I think. I was dragged by many spinner for 1000Baht ST or 1500 LT. Something telling me some bad experience about the girls in Bangle Road. His girl only stay for about 30 minutes in the short-time hotel room but was agreed 2 hours ST. She asked for the money strictly after doing the sex and pissed off faster than a F18 jet.

If wanted to do some tourist thing, go to the agency depot and check for prices, they can offer better deal than directly booked to the operator, eg. Simon Cabaret, Fantase, Phi Phi Island tour. If book in a group of 4, you can easily save 50%. If you book all the activities with the depot, she may offer to sleep with you. Thai massage joints are everywhere. Much more than in Pattaya in Patong.

To be continue ....

The girls in Patong are very despite at the moment because of not enough tourists I think. I was dragged by many spinner for 1000Baht ST or 1500 LT. Something telling me some bad experience about the girls in Bangle Road. His girl only stay for about 30 minutes in the short-time hotel room but was agreed 2 hours ST. She asked for the money strictly after doing the sex and pissed off faster than a F18 jet.

Thanks for the update. So tourism is down in general and competitive?

Could you please elaborate on the 'bad experience about the girls in Bangle Road'?

What were the girls like?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate i just got back from there two weeks ago spent a week in Patong and a week in Pattaya. in Patong We done alot of touristy stuff like tours to phi phi island & raya island, atv quad biking,muay thai boxing and more stuff like that. All the main bars and gogo's are down or close to bangla road. We stayed at gracelands resort was very nice but a little bit out of the way from bangla road. If your mainly going over for girls go to pattaya. Bars after bars of sexy girls :D

I'm in Phuket right now, Patong Beach, staying at the Kee Resort. Not the most girl friendly place, at least they don't say it. I've only had the girls drop off their ID cards and no issues.

As for the girls, the quality is just not the same as Pattaya. Fewer and far between. I just had dinner at Buffalo Steak House, and walked a few of the soi's at 9pm and they are still empty of ladies. The party ends around 330am and it gets real quiet, real fast.

Lady drinks can be up to 200 baht. BF's were 2000 LT (minimum 3 ejaculations. It's ok, but way too many vendors, way overpriced, and for me, just not interesting enough like Pattaya. Very little daytime action unless you do a massage.

So unless snorkeling, diving, or watersports is what u are looking for, go elsewhere.