IGNORED

some good phuket info

morton173

Phuket (patong) info

im a Phuket addict and am always seeing threads from newbies and seasond mongers about Phuket hotel, bars, to see and doo's, restaurants so heres all the info you might need.

this is info ive gatherd first hand and from surfing the web

when i say cheap in this thread i mean Phuket cheap not pattaya cheap we all know patts is cheaper than Phuket

HOTELS/GUESTHOUSES GIRL FRIENDLY

expat hotel- located just off ratuthit road at the top end of bangla road

its about a 1 minute walk to bangla road and about 5 minute walk to the beach relativly cheap, clean, friendly they also have a little open air bar at the front of the hotel

http://www.expathotel.com/

Patong beach lodge- located just off ratuthit road at the top end of bangla road its about a 5 minute walk to bangla road and about 10 minutes to the beach, verry quiet location, clean with a nice pool area and pool side bar there is a small beer bar across the soi

http://www.horizonbeach.com/PBL_MainPage.htm

PS hotel- located on ratuthit road at the top end of bangla road its about a 30 second walk to bangla road and about 5 minutes to the beach

nice hotel,clean great location, can be a bit noisy if your planning on haveing a quit night

http://www.pshotel.com/index.html

casa jip guesthouse- located just off ratuthit road at the top end of bangla road its about a 5 minute walk to bangla road and about 10 minutes to the beach, a stones throw away from christin massage, clean, helpfull staff great location

BARS/NIGHTLIFE

Patong is a beer bar town with only a handfull of gogos and clubs. the main nightlfe area is bangla road, here you will find everything restaurant, bars, suit shops, markets, gogos you name it, its there. there are several sois off bangla

soi easy- is a in doors beer bar complex also located in here is hollywood disco

soi gonzo- if you blink you will miss it, you walk through the center of the aussie bar and it opens up into a small soi wit about a dozen small beer bars

soi crocadile- formally soi katoy this is were you will find most of the ladyboy action you cant miss it all the LB's hang out the front trying to drag all the punters in, Dclub is located at the rear of the soi you will also see many a drunk tourist take over the LB podium and drunkenly dance

soi eric- great spot with about 20 beer bars and one loud speaker system so there is no listening to 5 diferant songs at once

soi sea dragon- this is were you will find most of patongs gogo bars most famously suzy wongs the gogos are down the outside with the center of the street being lined with beer bars, not sure whats going on but when i was there in june the center of the road was fenced off and the famous pirate ship at the start of the soi was gone (this is also were i got my first bar fine)

soi lion- a small coverd beer bar complex with a great selection of female company. located at the back of the soi is bangla bungalows i would strongly suggest not staying here unless you are a vampire and dont plan on sleeping a wink through the night

soi tiger- my personal favourite its like walking into a butcher shop to pick a steak for dinner, its a under cover beer bar complex with about 30 or so bars the tallent is exelant and the whole place is done up like a Cave, upstairs is tiger disco with a catwalk around the outside were you can look down at the action above

soi dongtan- located on beach road it is a small cluster of beer bars good spot for a evening ale or 2

bangla road bars- there are a few bars on bangla road that are open through the day blue lotus(my favourite), kangaroo bar, moon bar, scruffy murphys irish pub and the aussie bar

sunset plaza- a small cluster of bars at the south end of the beach good spot to kick back and have a beer or 5 and watch the world go by

RESTAURANTS

i normally eat at food stalls or the soup from the guys with moped kitchens but heres a few i have eaten at and enjoyd

dang restaurant and no 6 restaurant- located on ratuthit road across from the PS hotel close to bangla these 2 restaurants are verry cheap and serve great food

Patong seafood- located on beach road, IMHO the best sea food in Patong its a bit pricy but id rather pay more for good seafood, open air restaurant, friendly staff with great food (try the chilli crab)

tropicana restaurant- located on beach road just around the corner from bangla, this place is attatched to a resort so the prices are high but the food is great give the chicken curry a go #156 on the menue

SOAPY massage

we all love a good soapy massage and as far as i know the only one in Patong is christin massage located on ratuthit road its impossible to miss it is the only fluro pink building in Patong

SHOPPING

jungceylon- is basically a huge westfield shopping center which i avoid like the plague, if you like paying ridiculous prices that you can pay at home than this place is for you

Patong otop shopping paradise- located at the south end of ratuthit road, is were i do all my shopping you will get shirts for about 150baht, there is everything you need and more in here and to make your shopping experiance even better there are little bars all through the place

TO SEE AND DO

there is plenty to see and do in and around Phuket along with all the usual thailand things like elephant rideing, gun range, atv tours, cobra shows. some of the more popular tours are phi phi island, james bond island, sea kayaking, Similan Island just to name a few

LINKS

some handy links to help with your holiday planning and booking

http://www.mapjack.com/

http://www.phuketbars.info/index.php

http://www.phuket.com/

http://www.aussiebarphuket.com/

hope this info helps

Edited by morton173

good work and thanks for the info, i also like Phuket mainly because i'm a sucker for nice beaches, glad you like the expat hotel as ive just booked a 10 day stay there in november.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Ahhhh it take me back to my trip back in June.

I stayed at C&N hotel....next time I will try the PS around the corner.

Every time I asked the BGs where to eat they all recommended No6 also.

It was a great place to eat.

I can also recommend a great place to drink cheap (100bt) frozen margaritas and watch the sun set.

It's a place Mexican restaurant called Coyotes on beach road (near the pizza company).

Great place to kick off the evening the the girls are great there!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Ahhhh it take me back to my trip back in June.

I stayed at C&N hotel....next time I will try the PS around the corner.

Every time I asked the BGs where to eat they all recommended No6 also.

It was a great place to eat.

I can also recommend a great place to drink cheap (100bt) frozen margaritas and watch the sun set.

It's a place Mexican restaurant called Coyotes on beach road (near the pizza company).

Great place to kick off the evening the the girls are great there!

nice i was there in june to 11-20, good times goin back in december cant wait

• 2 weeks later...

someone knows this resto?

heart today that this resto is better than nr 6!

--------------------------------------

No. 9 Restaurant

by Cathy&Gary about No. 9 Restaurant

Number 9 restaurant would have to be up there among our favorite restaurants. We have enjoyed every meal we have had there, prices are great for food and drinks plus the staff are wonderful.

The restaurant is on Phra Barami Road opposite the Patong Paragon hotel.

If your walking there from Rat-u-Thit Road keep walking north to the end of the road then turn left towards the beach, No. 9 is halfway down on your left.

Try their crepes and ice-cream, its delicious, the crepe is wrapped like a bow with ice-cream in the middle and lashings of chocolate sauce and whipped cream, all for 85 baht!

Thai meals range from 100 - 125baht, a beer will cost you 70baht and a spirits and mix 90baht.

There is also a good selection of European and Western meals.

5bc23fbaa550c_thaibox.gif.69fcc04145d2d7dc5a09f5db98e051d2.gif

great write up! bangla road is where i first started my mongering days! spent 3 weeks on bangla road on the beer every night and loved it. blew £2000 and realised when i got home what a great time i had. A year later i found pattaya! :Dance1:

• 7 months later...

good work and thanks for the info, i also like phuket mainly because i'm a sucker for nice beaches, glad you like the expat hotel as ive just booked a 10 day stay there in november.

Hey Deano, what was you experience at Expat hotel? Do they have a room safe there? Is the pool nice?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to my first trip to LOS

Hey Deano, what was you experience at Expat Hotel? Do they have a room safe there? Is the pool nice?

i would'nt bother again mate. i checked out early. well over priced in my opinion. they have room safes. but the rooms are real grubby. the bar is over priced and the swimming pool area isn't that special. i moved to a hotel about 50 meters up the road. it was 300 baht a night cheaper and overall a lot nicer. i can't think of the name of the place at the minute if it comes back to me i'll let you know.

Hey Deano, what was you experience at Expat Hotel? Do they have a room safe there? Is the pool nice?

here is where i moved to mate

http://www.agoda.co.uk/asia/thailand/phuket/aloha_villa.html

aloha villa, nice roof top pool, good rooms with safe, nice restaurant and right in the nightlife but still quiet.

Thanks for taking the time to post this morton. Planning to check out Phuket on my next LOS trip, this will be helpful. :001_Thank_You5:

Thank you deano. I will check it out. No joiner fees? It looks like the right place for me.

no joiner fees mate,

• 1 month later...