Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sandy Spring hotel

Alleycat

stayed in The Sandy Spring hotel on my November trip for 7 days.

This is a nicely appointed hotel, clean and well serviced by the cleaning staff, who were efficient and polite. The bed was comfortable in the Standard room with balcony that I stayed in. and my view of the opposite hotel was not unpleasant. There are also rooms with seaview and swimming pool view for extra. My room had a Flat-Screen Colour TV with Cable, Individual Air-conditioning, Refrigerator, Telephone, Wake-up Call, Internet Connection, Room Service, and Bathroom with full range of amenities such as hairdryer, bathtub, and cold-hot water supply. There is no in-room safe and the safety deposit is located at reception and has restricted access (cannot remember the times, but from mid A.M. to late evening). There is no breakfast included

Map

map2g.gif

Front entrance

contact.jpg

They also have a small swimming pool, which seemed somewhat tight if a group of guests decide to use it at one time

Swimming pool

pool3.jpg

The lobby was well presented and well maintained and the reception staff were proffesional and helpful when required. There is no joiner fee and I found that each night my guest was not requested to leave or even show her ID card.

Standard room

standard.jpg

Deluxe room

deluxeroom.jpg

Suite bathroom

bathroom.jpg

These are the room prices

Standard Room 1,200 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only

Standard w/Balcony 1,290 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only

Deluxe Room 1,500 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only

Suite Room 2,500 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only

Suite w/Seaview 2,800 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only

Extra Bed 400 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only

The Sandy Spring is located at:- 494 Soi 13 Pattaya Beach Road

(Entrance also from Pattaya 2nd Road)

In my opinion this is a good hotel, but in this class I prefer The Areca Lodge, which is cheaper, has 2 large swimming pools, small gym, includes breakfast and for a better price you can get in-room safe, although the Areca does not have in-room internet access.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• THguypattaya

• Alleycat

• pattayaplayer

• Ron Rat

Good review, thanks for the information :LMFAO:

As allways good review.

You are a top star:)

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Stayed there about 3 or 4 times now, the rooms over looking the pool i always ask for rather than the street. The staff there are really friendly and i also like the location of Soi 13.

Cheers for the review Alan mate....

"Talk to Jesus"

• 2 weeks later...

Spent 20+ days there last November in a deluxe room (or someting), the room was basically just 2 normal rooms merged together. Did not really need 2 bathrooms and all the space so I would not reccomend the bigger rooms. My room had access directly to the pool area which was a plus. The service was good and my only complaints are:

- no in-room safe

- expensive wireless internet (which also was not stable)

- pool area is a bit small (I belive there are 2 pools not 1 as mentioned above)

I also bought 4 suits from the tailer across the street and the quality and service was just fine.

Overall I thin SS is a good hotel and can reccomend it to anyone

BBB

- expensive wireless internet (which also was not stable)

- pool area is a bit small (I belive there are 2 pools not 1 as mentioned above)

BBB

Thanks for the heads up on the wireless internet and the correction on the swimming pools. Appreciated mate

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Thanks for the heads up on the wireless internet and the correction on the swimming pools. Appreciated mate

They have a lovely lobby. remember starting a Soi 6 run or a bar crawl with you, peter, matrix and kadafi while meeting up there. Good times.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

I usually stay there, location is central to all of the action. It is clean. There has been some construction on the rooms facing the soi.

I have thought about trying other hotels, but I really like the staff there. The woman who works the front desk during the day is always on top of her game.

Good report....thanks

• 1 month later...

I like this place. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

• 4 weeks later...

Nice place. You won't find it listed on many websites. I guess they don't pay for recommendations.

Internet 60 baht for 30 minutes, for wireless in room or their computers in lobby. Pretty high.

One pool, it's on 3rd floor. Coffee bar in lobby.

I agree the boss lady at the front desk is a very efficient sweetheart.

• 1 month later...

Extra Bed 400 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only [/b]

Are this room rates with member card?

• 7 months later...

Extra Bed 400 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only [/b]

Are this room rates with member card?

you get a cheaper rate if you get a discount card of them. costs 350 baht. lasts 12 months. i booked standard room/no balcony, 1100 baht. and will use the card again next trip. nice little saving. :P

How much they take for internet per day ???

Currently they have a promotion. Wireless Internet Access for free. I think it is in June, July and August (not being sure on August). Worked fine.

Todays Prices:

Standard Room 1,200 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only (with discount card 1100 B)

Standard w/Balcony 1,390 Bahts/Net/Night/Room Only (with discount card 1290 B)

That looks very nice Alley, i like the look of the bathroom as the bathroom is very important to me when staying in hotels, i think it is a toss up between this or Pattaya Bay Resort when i come back for me hols...Cheers

the beds are very comfortable with a soft mattress, and the location factor is a big winner for me.

highly recommend it :Question:

I am booked to stay there in February.. looks a nice clean place in a great location.

Looks like a good place to stay. I need another place since the Whitehouse Condotel is getting bad reviews now.

Hey fellows, stayed there on one of my trips and tried to make a deal for a month stay but they would not budge on the price, has anyone ever got a monthly rate and at what cost? Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Q- Do the rooms come with stand up showers? also still no safes in the room?

Cheers :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by Drift Spunk