Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

darkside info

markinaruba

hi just read a thread about a bar crawl into the darkside, can anyone give me the scoop on the darkside names of bars, safety this will be my first time but i am a well seasoned monger, in other parts of the world. r prices about the same and any other info u think would be useful.

markinaruba

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you

markinaruba

I have never ventured over to the dark side - but some of these bars do sound like a lot of fun. Anyone got any ideas of how to get there other than on a bike? I hate those bikes - I have seen way too many people getting their brains splattered on the road. I guess that a baht bus would take me there for a couple of hundred - but is there going to be any way to get back then?

Also, does anyone know where I can get addresses for the bars, or a detailed map, preferably in thai to give to a driver. I particularly fancy Black Perl 2 - with it's pool and jacuzzi.

i have never ventured this far out either. Has anyone got any tips, stories, advice etc?

I have never ventured over to the dark side - but some of these bars do sound like a lot of fun. Anyone got any ideas of how to get there other than on a bike? I hate those bikes - I have seen way too many people getting their brains splattered on the road. I guess that a baht bus would take me there for a couple of hundred - but is there going to be any way to get back then?

Also, does anyone know where I can get addresses for the bars, or a detailed map, preferably in thai to give to a driver. I particularly fancy Black Perl 2 - with it's pool and jacuzzi.

Just get two or three guys and hire a baht bus for the day or night, it should cost between 700 and 1000 baht. You do need it as the bars are spread about and you do not want to be driving while drinking on a bike.

wow thanks fellow bm,s the maps r great i hope it will help other bm,s thinking of going to the darkside also thanks again

markinaruba

does anyone know were he got this map

markinaruba

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to this board but have been going to Pattaya for over 8 years. The Irish Rover on Soi LK Metro run bar crawls over to the darkside weekly (i think on tuesdays) the cost is TBH 500 this includes 2 free drinks and transport in a mini bus. you will need to contact them to book your place. Hope this helps.

Thank you lockie, FOR THE INFOR

Cheers :rolleyes:

Jolly Roger

that is usefull thanks

MIKE

This may seem like a stupid question, but i have heard a lot about the darkside and was wondering what the attraction is?

Is it much different to the bars in the main area's of pattaya?

What are the girls like? dirtier?

Is it a quieter area of pattaya and just a good place for a drink?

Is it where the thai men like to have a drink?

As i said, i am not sure, but i guess i will have to check it out the next time i am in town.

Cheers :GoldenSmile1:

This may seem like a stupid question, but i have heard a lot about the darkside and was wondering what the attraction is?

As i said, i am not sure, but i guess i will have to check it out the next time i am in town.

Cheers :Cry4:

Yes and No - Most bars area the same but they are actually more classy or/and fashionable indoors with AC. The concept is the same and they usually have some ST-rooms attached to the premises.

The big difference are the wetbars who has a swimmingpool which the girls swim around in and dive for coins or gives BJ's in, for instance Black Pearl, Aqua-deymie and La Guingette!

Same same no different - some are dirty and raunchy. some are not!

Definitely yes to both criterions!

No!

The biggest treat with a Darkside crawl is to round up a few guys with the same mindset and charter a minibus, start early afternoon and run all day. It's a great way to spend a day, the best days I have had in Patts has been on crawls with fellow BM's!

If you look into my TR's or Koolkatca's TR's you will get full covarage!

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

In general a bit cheaper, you don't get quoted stupid prices as the girls know that you are not a newbie, no tourists throwing ping pong balls, less LD pressure, the girls are usually not trying to do a runner, you always see a familiar face as it is mainly frequented by expats living here, no need to drive across Suk if you live over here.

There are no gogos, some places have a pool or jacuzzi to have fun with the girls.

Some are similar to Soi 6, others just prefer the layback style and don't like the tourist crowd.

Very quiet.

No, but there are of course karaoke places for the locals, same as on the bright side.

Cheers :Cry4:

Yes and No - Most bars area the same but they are actually more classy or/and fashionable indoors with AC. The concept is the same and they usually have some ST-rooms attached to the premises.

The big difference are the wetbars who has a swimmingpool which the girls swim around in and dive for coins or gives BJ's in, for instance Black Pearl, Aqua-deymie and La Guingette!

Same same no different - some are dirty and raunchy. some are not!

Definitely yes to both criterions!

No!

The biggest treat with a Darkside crawl is to round up a few guys with the same mindset and charter a minibus, start early afternoon and run all day. It's a great way to spend a day, the best days I have had in Patts has been on crawls with fellow BM's!

If you look into my TR's or Koolkatca's TR's you will get full covarage!

Cheers Johnny and CampariO

I will for sure visit this area next time i am in town, the swimming pools sound great.

Damn having to wait til november, I WANT TO BE THEIR NOW!!!!!!

:Finger5:

Hi I'm new to this board but have been going to Pattaya for over 8 years. The Irish Rover on Soi LK Metro run bar crawls over to the darkside weekly (i think on tuesdays) the cost is TBH 500 this includes 2 free drinks and transport in a mini bus. you will need to contact them to book your place. Hope this helps.

brilliant info :22: thats on my growing list for next week

great post hopefully i can be there for one when i get back

*on another note, i rented a scooter from one of the rentals companies based there really nice people forget the name

got lost and ended up trying my basic thai on a few bars just to get to the right street, if your not one for the main sukkhmvit line theres a nice back road running adjacent.

• 2 weeks later...

000darksidemap.jpg

Tin Tin that is one quality map!!

I nearly pissed myself laughing when I saw it!!

Absolute quality!!

I have just moved back to the darkside after 4 years in London.

When I lived in the Darkside before there was only a handfull of bars. When I moved back here I got a shock at how many bars there are here now.

I always used to go into Pattaya for a night out, but now I really like going to the bars on the Darkside.

I am still finding my bearings here so your quality map will be a life saver!!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Try noi's beer bar they have a darkside tour. They have a live web cam on their site

please dont venture to the darkside to much you will spoil it for us expats who live over here. there are plenty of bars over here and if you gat organized you can have a great day out. like all of pattaya there is plenty to be found. dont tell the missus you are heading this way as she will cut your balls off as she will know its like Soi 6 with out the price hike.

its shit really stay awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

only for older bar mongerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• 1 month later...

Some good information here, Walked over there last trip but I did not find any of the bars , that was before I had the map, hope to try it out again this Nov or join a crawl

thanks guys :001_Thank_You5:

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Archived