• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• layow

• Siam Sam

• punanipursuit

• jimshim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The food thing goes both ways you know. My last Thai girlfreind came to the Uk and look what happened after a couple of good breakfasts and three pints of Old Peculiar.

:)

post-3530-1237121145_thumbgif

Get me another girl, this ones full!

I'll never forget the first time I had really hot Thai food. I ordered a Thai salad in the restaurant carriage of a train. The waiters were grinning at me and nudging each other as they served it, obviously thinking that I would not be able to eat it. My mouth felt as if it was on fire but I was not going to give them the satisfaction of giving in because it was too hot. Afterwards, I realised that I had actually enjoyed it in a strange way and I've loved really hot and spicy Thai food ever since.

A strange thing I have noticed is that many of the Thais never quite get used to it themselves. They enjoy it but still have to make an emergency dash to the toilet the next morning if the over do it.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Yep i make sure to say "mai ped"- no spicy "ka khon khap" thank you

I bought some street food recently and had to run to 7eleven to buy water becasue of the spices, was drinking water for an hour....

the taxi guy taking me to the airport keept rubbing his stomach... i said "mak ma ped" to much spicy, he said yes i thoguht he was going to shit himself, he was in paiin and we were in bad traffic, at one stge he got out og the taxi and had to do laps around the taxi, he was in pain! :GoldenSmile1:

My first Thai gf was from Issan and she introduced me to food hot beyond belief !! Since then I've done the upgrade but still like spicy food. My problem is even when I order it hot they seem to only get it right if I'm with a BG otherwise they automaticaly tone it down a few notches. Seems in Pattaya the girls don't even like it spicy. Blows then away to watch me eat the hot stuff- I love it and one of my favorite things about Thailand. Home only five days and find food boring beyond belief now.

"Fuck your girlfriend like a whore and a whore like your girlfriend"

crazy daves is the place to eat good food,liver and onions and mash potato,thats more like it.

i love spicy thai food,i normally ask my thai girl to order me anything spicy hot love it.

Watch out for the stinky som tom thai. Its made from rotten crabs and is smashed up in with the som tom. That stuff goes right through me faster then anything. But if your constipated then it will flush whatever ails you. It is pretty much taken that if you are in a falung area they leave most of the spice out of the food and you actually have to request it. My girls family was impressed that I actually like the Thai spicy but there are some things that taste crappy no matter how much you put in it. If you learn some basic ones like Gan Kiew Wan or Paenang it makes it easier to order in areas where the menu is not in English. You may want your date to confirm it though because many times the translations are wrong so the only way to be sure is to order in Thai. After a few beers the bug stand is great! A bag of large fried grasshoppers (Daka Dan) and a cold San mig with lime... good stuff.

Fuck that for a game of Soldiers.

One of my BGs gave me some food one night and asked me to try it.

Nearly took the roof of my mouth off as she collapsed in stitches watching my face.

However I can eat hot food and have the odd indian meal.

But all the time in Thailand? I will stick to Falang grub and coffee, especially for breakfast

I do not want to be caught short in Thailand due to a dreadful lack of Toilet paper there!

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

If you like som tam but don't want the crab just order "mai bpuu" (boo) or "mai pla".

If you dn't want hot hot just say "my pet". It's quite delicious when the heat and the stink of the crabs isn't there.

AND, the girls will marvel at you eating it and be well-disposed to you, IME.

when i go im going on a budget n so im gonna have to eat at the local stands not restraunts with western food, what percentage of theyre food is hot? lol guess im spending half of thailand on the bog

experience is the mother of wisdom

I like it hot. In the bars when the girls are eating and I'm offerred some they are disappointed when it doesn't blow my head off.

Last trip I was in a bar on Soi 6 and the one of the girls bought a bag of pappaya seeds. She was eaing them but most others refused them. When she'd eaten all she could take I was offerred one which I duly ate. I then went back for a second and a third. They couldn't believe I was eating them. I didn't find them hot just sour.

GR>

Currently at home until after the Wet Season. See you again in Sept.

Update - couldn't wait until Sept, booked for early July.

I like spicy food, but cannot take it Thai hot. I give you props if you like it that hot. I'm more about flavor and spice then straight up heat.

I love the Thai food and try to eat as many local places as possible. One problem i have had when going out with my mrs is that as soon as restaurants see a falang face they tone down the food. It got to the point where I would let the mrs go in and order on her own. As much as love the spicy food i can't get myself to eat it for breakfast. Noodles, rice and soup for breakfast just doesn't do it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

This just looks yummy!!

I love spicy noodles. Even instant noodles tastes great and they are really not expensive.

Watch out for the stinky som tom thai. Its made from rotten crabs and is smashed up in with the som tom. That stuff goes right through me faster then anything. But if your constipated then it will flush whatever ails you. It is pretty much taken that if you are in a falung area they leave most of the spice out of the food and you actually have to request it. My girls family was impressed that I actually like the Thai spicy but there are some things that taste crappy no matter how much you put in it. If you learn some basic ones like Gan Kiew Wan or Paenang it makes it easier to order in areas where the menu is not in English. You may want your date to confirm it though because many times the translations are wrong so the only way to be sure is to order in Thai. After a few beers the bug stand is great! A bag of large fried grasshoppers (Daka Dan) and a cold San mig with lime... good stuff.

Som tam Thai shouldn't have any crabs in it, that dish is som tam bpu.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of chillies, I love the dried ones in my food as they add a deep smokey rich flavor. I use dried chillies in the house all the time and put them in just about everything. If your into crushed dried red chilies I would recommend you get some from your local outdoor market and make them yourself. Many of the ones that you buy at the supermarkets are bright red. Ask for the ones from up country which are darker and much hotter. We put a few handfuls into a wok and brown them up and then throw them into the food processor and out comes the best tasting and hottest crushed red chillies you've ever had. Youzza....

Thai girlfreind came to the Uk and look what happened after a couple of good breakfasts and three pints of Old Peculiar.

Lol Muff the ol' tubgirl ajajajaja pretty sure she was some korean slut in Nippon. That image sure is enough to put anyone off their food!

I eat Thai about 6 times a week back here in Oz. When I go Thai restaurant they make me green curries that are dark brown. I love the stuff. They all go " you eat hotter than Thai person!"

As I understand it spicy food is usually very healthy. If you are getting pain or major runs then that isn't so good but I suspect the later is more of the case of getting used to the local bacteria, lack of hygiene or food poisoning.

Am I worthy of being a Soi Prisoner you tell me?

Zero to Hero

Try the "gung dehn" (dancing shrimp) FUCKING BRILLIANT!

But yes, does bring on the geothermal nuclear shit within hours.

yea been there eat those ,, brilliant fun,, lol,, but your right thermal melt down, of porcelin