Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Food how to cope

I say I say you know boy that asians love their fooood hot hot hot, spicy that is.(ref foghorn leghorn)

I find that it bodes well to up the anti before you go by bringing your taste buds and the other end up to speed :P

So I reckon its worth ramping up the chilli level in your meals before you go. but go easy on the fish sauce

phewwie that stinks.

These are some of my cooking condiments, mostly Made in Thailand and some books.

061204081436.jpg

061204041118.jpg

It's the one way to engage in Thai culture cause it is just about all about food.

My friend who has travelled with me twice now has the most baby palette you've ever come across.

He doesn't like barbeque sauce, to hot!!!, which causes probs in that he always has to find farang food or not spicy Thai food.

The funny thing is after I had introduced him to "the meat on skewers" that are everywhere he was hooked aslong as they didn't put any chilli, pepper what ever on them, he would watch them carefully and if they had anything on them he'd refuse them or throw them away.

But what he forgot on one drunken night was that at the end of the skewer they have a nice piece of green chilli.

Unfortunately for me I had gone so didn't see the aftermath of him biting into the said chilli, needless to say I heard about it. Which by all accounts he realized after chomping down on it and wondering why his mouth began to sting and then sting and then hurt, he quickly got some coke (no good for that) to wash his mouth out.

The damage had been done and soon he was sweating up a storm had tears in his eyes and was sitting in the gutter, so much so that he had a number of Thais think he was about to pass out and were asking him you ok you ok? Took him about an hour to finally get up and go.

I wish I was there to see it!!!!! :)

Member since Dec 06.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• layow

• Siam Sam

• punanipursuit

• jimshim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have always had a natural affinity for hot foods. The pub that I used to frequent in Calgary when I lived there used to do up special inferno wings for me. Nobody else would touch them as they were about 2 notches up from suicide wings. I would sit there and eat 2 pounds of chicken wings dripping in the stuff while scarfing down a jug of beer with tears streaming down my face. Damn I miss those wings. :angry:

Needless to say I like the spicy Thai food but I do take it in moderation and I still believe that the only real breakfast includes Bacon, Eggs and Sausages. A papaya salad for breakfast just doesn't do it for me. :P

Bollox to eating spicy food. Did it a few times and the next day I thought my arse was going to spontaneously combust.........never again.

I don't mind trying any of their food once I have settled into the day, but as I have usually had a bucketfull the night before, the first meal must be Farang!!

I just love it when you volunteer to try some of the food that the girls are eating. They hand feed you and just wait for the reaction. I did get caught badly once with some Lao food and that nearly destroyed me.

The girls found it highly entertaining to watch stupid falang going into meltdown.

I was looked after very well after that inciident.

This post got me thinking a bit (dangerous I know) and I have just been to check the contents of my cupboards and the fridge.

I possess the following:

1 bottle of Fish Sauce, 1 bottle of garlic & chilli dipping oil, 6 sticks of lemon grass, shallots, green curry paste, red curry paste, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, 4 tins of coconut milk, green yama, pad thai noodles,rice noodles and jasmine rice.

You just can't get the place out of your system.

:D:):)

I don't mind trying any of their food once I have settled into the day, but as I have usually had a bucketfull the night before, the first meal must be Farang!!

same same

Even Teeruk can't handle Thai food. She gets intense stumach pains everytime she has her Som Tam for example :D

And yet she can resist it...

This is the dawning of the rest of our lives, This is our lives on holiday (Green Day)

Even Teeruk can't handle Thai food. She gets intense stumach pains everytime she has her Som Tam for example :D

And yet she can resist it...

It cracks me up when they do that...som nom na.

If you are going to eat really spicy food have some cucumber on hand. It is great to take the sting away.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I had a girl use to do the same thing. She would order a plate laden with chillies then spend the next twenty minutes complaining it is too spicy and the next day do exactly the same thing. :o I love the stuff.

Edited by DangerMouse

:001_XMas_Dance: cant figure it out. the girls eat it so hot, 5 mins later hold their guts with pain then run to the toilet

• 3 months later...

After three weeks in country, you know you're starting to go native when you're putting aside toast and coffee in the morning and ordering spicy. Thailand - what a treat for the senses!

Hi,

Always have shared with ladies from India, Africa, Carribean when I was younger so acquired a taste for hot food, and cold beer. Los food is great.

No man is a hero to his valet.

anyone try Balie (not sure of spelling) you got to sneak up behind it to eat because of the smell! its fucking horrid

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

I've always liked spicy foods so Thailand is heaven. Although mouseshoit chillies can be a challenge!

I got completely used to eating really spicy food, the only thing i didnt like was waking up at 5am every morning and running for the toilet! I wouldnt mind too much if it was an enjoyable shit, but when its 35 degree's and your pissing out your arse, that just aint nice!

I eat Thai food with plenty of rice to cool it down. A pommie mate of mine said English food maybe bland but he reckons the Thais have stuffed up their taste buds, so almost everything they eat has to have chilies

I think for the Thais its comparable to the way we have salt, so they're used to levels of chilli in everything.

Member since Dec 06.

Before I went over for the first time I was used to eating curries in the UK, so my first thai dishes were fine.

The girl I was with was watching me closely waiting for me to melt.

Having said that though, thai food seems spicy in a different way, you don't get that feeling of pouring molten lead down your throat you get from an indian, its slower and more subtle but it can have just as much kick.

After thinking myself immune to hot thai foods i've found a few dishes that beat me.

As soon as i stop enjoying the taste i give up now, i've had more than enough of putting myself through spice hell just to spend the next day shitting hot bricks.

Love it love it love it.

I can out-chilli the most jaded Thai taste bud.

Does anyone else love Gung Che Nam Pla?

Raw prawns with shredded salad and nam prik sam rot talay.

Fuck me, that sorts the men from the boys.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

I just can't enjoy my food when my sweat and snot is dripping onto the it.Never did discover where the pleasure was in eating food that is so hot it's uncomfortable :What3:

• 4 weeks later...
I got completely used to eating really spicy food, the only thing i didnt like was waking up at 5am every morning and running for the toilet! I wouldnt mind too much if it was an enjoyable shit, but when its 35 degree's and your pissing out your arse, that just aint nice!

I hear you there...the only thing worse than that is missing it at 5 am and leaving for a trip to an island and then having to go...and all thats there is a squat outhouse :P so safety tip for everyone make sure you shit b4 going to an island for the day :Hello:

Try the "gung dehn" (dancing shrimp) FUCKING BRILLIANT!

But yes, does bring on the geothermal nuclear shit within hours.

**HEAVY WEIGHT FLAMING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!**

• 9 months later...

I think that the chillies can actually damage your taste buds. I've read that milk products will help to soothe your mouth when eating hot foods, and drinking hot water will help you to get used to the pain.

I have no problem at all with hot spicy food. I'll go to my local thai restaurant here and ask for tom yum soup thai style (if you just order it without saying thai style it will have no heat at all) I adore thai green curry with sticky rice.

My problem came when I ordered some green curry in Thailand it came with chicken liver and chicken hearts in. This is not my thing and really put me off. I'm a lover of food all round and really want to embrace and get stuck into thai food because I know I will love it. Where am I going wrong? Can anyone suggest any places that will serve what I am used to?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I am allergic to fish also

Originally I am a Cajun from Louisiana, I was raised on peppers and pepper sauce. I cook the Cajun food but many people do not like heavy handed way I have with the peppers. I keep 3 different pepper sauces and 3 - 4 different peppers around my place for when I cook, I also eat fresh peppers a great deal, fresh peppers is good for the cardiovascular system.

I have been able to eat Thai, Korean, Indian and Sichuan cooking fairly well. I love a good Som Tam and I always have fun with the TG’s about it. I have blown the minds on some of the TG’s by tasting their food without showing a reaction except to tell them it was good. So far I have been able to eat most spicy foods without the bad reactions some people get but maybe one day it will catch up to me.

Double your pleasure! Double your fun!

Do two TG's instead of just one.

babydollsaddict.gif

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=Countdown%20to%202012!&count=down&time=1300679400000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">