Up to you but thats something i dont wish to try :SoWhat1:

Tried the JF and enjoyed the food

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battered dory at both jf and gooses is like eating battered snot

and that's probably why it's the 99 baht special

• 3 weeks later...

I ate there several times during my last trip earlier this year.

I thought the fish and chips were outstanding and it got my vote hence several visits.

I shall be back for more in 2 weeks.

Cheers TTT

Here's to swimming with bow legged women.

• 4 months later...

We tried to go there on January 03+04 and at both days we just found a sign "Closed - Gone Fishing" without any other information when they are open again. Lousy service and no business hour information at all on their website. We'll go somewhere else next time.

Brian has been training new staff recently as his two previous waitresses were thieves and they no longer work there, perhaps something is wrong, he has been closed for 3 days now i think...

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

• 1 month later...

this place is advertised for sale if anyone wants to buy it,i think there asking 3 million baht,rent is 30,000 b a month

for that oor less u could probaly start your own shop though

this place is advertised for sale if anyone wants to buy it,i think there asking 3 million baht,rent is 30,000 b a month

for that oor less u could probaly start your own shop though

At one time the location looked good, in part because of the guys who used to regularly go across from Soi Buakhao to Sois 7 & 8.

Nowadays they don't seem so inclined to cross Second Road as there is much more to keep them in LK Metro through to New Plaza.

On top of that, despite the premises being excellent and despite the food being good (albeit expensive) the owner seemed to just sit there and watch the business drift away.

Location wise, Jolly Friar is better placed, but ideally somewhere slap in the middle of Soi Bukhao (Dragon Bar?) would be my choice for a new F&C restaurant.

Fish supplies have been a problem for most of them.

If you're OK with soggy Dory then lucky you, but supplies of Cod (not Coley) have been intermittent and unreliable it seems.

I haven't been for a while, but the most consistent place for authentic UK Cod & Chips has been Simon's at Jomtien - also for sale for a long time.  :Think1:

I believe SIMONS AT JOMTIEN was sold,the english guy simon who owned it wanted to go to Sydney Australia to work with his brother who owns a fish shop in sydney suburb of Manly.

correct me if it s again for sale????????????

The slowest service ever served in my life, went there once and never went again.. Not surprised it is up for sale..

I believe SIMONS AT JOMTIEN was sold,the english guy simon who owned it wanted to go to Sydney Australia to work with his brother who owns a fish shop in sydney suburb of Manly.

correct me if it s again for sale????????????

You may well be right - he was trying to sell it for several years and I haven't been there for over a year.

Maybe I'll go now.   :GoldenSmile1:

Archived