IGNORED

Goose's Fish & Chips 2nd Road

blueboy0510

this is located between soi 7 & 8 on second road

So far after trying probably every fish and chip establishment in town I have to say this has proved to be the best by far

Great fish well cooked in batter, plenty of chips and a choice of garden or mushy peas

great service with a couple of flirty wiatresses- certainly the afternoon ones

if you like your fish and chips you will love these

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is located between soi 7 & 8 on second road

So far after trying probably every fish and chip establishment in town I have to say this has proved to be the best by far

Great fish well cooked in batter, plenty of chips and a choice of garden or mushy peas

great service with a couple of flirty wiatresses- certainly the afternoon ones

if you like your fish and chips you will love these

Any prices buddy?

pretty cheap as I remember for local fish, about 200bt with a soft drink, sure they do specials as well if you get in early

they have about 5 different fish upto scottish cod at about 480bt, have to say the local fare is very good indeed

they have also kitted it out well and have free wi fi for those that want it plus newspapers

I've been there 3 times now and, although it's good, it isn't the best.

Part of deciding which is the best includes value for money and the general consensus I've heard is that it isn't.

It's a smart place and no doubt it cost a lot to set it up.

The presentatation and cooking is very good.

I've had the Dory etc at 198 baht - it was OK.

The Cod Fillet at 290 baht was good.

The Cod Loin at 270 baht was tough as old boots.

The Haddock at 470 baht I'm not likely to find out about, much as I love it.

The chips are always good and the mushy peas portion is better than when it was in a separate dish.

Bread and butter included is good.

Water at 30 baht isn't.

At the end of the day it's too expensive and for that reason it isn't the best.

New Plaza opposite is one of the consistently busy complexes, due to mainly to its low beer prices. Those customers are not very likely to find Goose's prices inviting.

Oh and get some new music.

If you want to join the Best Fish and Chips in Pattaya debate, maybe you should repeat your post HERE

• 8 months later...

Been there once and won't go again, never been a fan of battered fish, thought what they had to offer was greasy over priced crap.

I've said it before, if you want decent fish and chips here, like pies, then don't bother looking, you won't find it.

I'm on the plane home to Oz Tuesday night, and while I'm there I'll have my annual fix of decent fish and chips and clean out the local pie shops while I'm at it.

:Chokdee:

Bam bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

this place is very good and if you have to bitch about these prices i suggest you follow the balloons.

It has nothing to do with balloons, or even baboons. :MonkeyFight:

It's OK, but the prices are high compared with other restaurants in the area so it will continue to be sparsely populated IMO.

If the owner is happy with his business plan there's no problem and I'll probably go there occasionally. :GoldenSmile1:

i use this plaice because i like clean and nice restaurants and i like battered fish and chips and they are first class. i fail to understand anybody that does not like battered fish even going into a place like this maybe just so they can bitch about it.

i use this plaice because i like clean and nice restaurants and i like battered fish and chips and they are first class. i fail to understand anybody that does not like battered fish even going into a place like this maybe just so they can bitch about it.

He's Australian - they have needs. :Grin_Jump1:

I was trying to resist, but the Fish & Chips I had around Perth and Freemantle (the "Best in Australia" btw) was all battered, only OK and 12 quid a throw with no mushy peas or extras.

He's Australian - they have needs. :Grin_Jump1:

I was trying to resist, but the Fish & Chips I had around Perth and Freemantle (the "Best in Australia" btw) was all battered, only OK and 12 quid a throw with no mushy peas or extras.

Depends what part of Australia you come from, don't forget Pomgolia will fit into my home state 7 times, it's a big place. I prefer my fish crumbed, where as the southern states have a tendency to go with the batter, more Poms I guess with low expectations. As for mushy peas, I love them, on a pie with some Worcestershire sauce, but not with fish and chips.

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

Been there last month.... Great feeds but one hour wait is putting off my next visit....I wont be going there next time... Foods I rate is 8/10...

Depends what part of Australia you come from, don't forget Pomgolia will fit into my home state 7 times, it's a big place. I prefer my fish crumbed, where as the southern states have a tendency to go with the batter, more Poms I guess with low expectations. As for mushy pies I love them, on a pie with some Worcestershire sauce, but not with fish and chips.

Breadcrumbs eh? - must be all those loaves your forefathers stole. :GoldenSmile1:

In that case you might prefer Seaside Restaurant at the Beach Road end of Soi 7. Fish (not Cod) in breadcrumbs with garden (not mushy) peas and a heap of healthy salad plus possibly the best chips in Pattaya all for 140 Baht and water only 10 Baht.

Actually most of us have very high expectations for the batter and for some it seems to take priority over the type of fish.

For pie I'd say seek out Palmer's in 13/4 (I think or maybe 13/2) as used by Misty's and now Babydolls. I believe you compatriot Mick (something to do with Roo Bar) may also use the same supplier for his catering.

As an American I'm not an expert on fish & chips, however I did enjoy my meal at Goose's back in September. The place is clean and I did not mind the prices. Their were only three couples inside so the service was great. I will eat there again.

went there a few months ago

got local fish thinking it would be fresher

but it was mushy,but the batter was nice

maybe different fish selection next time

also had deep fried mushrooms,never tries before,wasnt for me rather sickly

home made tartar sauce, they shouldnt waste there time,tastes better out of the jar

but the service was great :GoldenSmile1:

I've taken to buying frozen fish from Makro - Icelandic Cod, Halibut and Dory.

Fish processors always add the maximum amount of water in the freezing process and it's important to thaw it properly and get rid of it. Even so, I get the impression that Dory retains a lot of water and it often seems mushy/wet to me.

There is also a good batter mix available here eg from Tesco Lotus, so home made can be a good option.

so home made can be a good option.

Thats how I get my desired fix, down to the Fish Market at Naklua, buy a big chunk of Reef Fish, fillet it up, put what I can't eat in one go in the freezer and do my own crumbing at home and fry up some frozen chips.

:GoldenSmile1:

Bam Bam

Only been there once back in May, and i wasn´t too impressed. Took the cod, and found it to be rather greasy, chips were good though.

Not sure if it WAS the fish, but when i god home i got :Sick5: like hell, and that ruined my night with the DD Imp i had taken overnight :Cry3: - every time she tried to get me into action, all i could do was run to the toilet and :Puke2::Puke2::Puke2: , but the imp turned out to be a good nurse...

Not sure i am going to give it another try next time, but i read in another thread that a new Fish & Chips opened in Soi Lengkee, might go there as i am going to stay right around the corner (Billabong or Opey de Place)

Everyone has the right to my opinion

• 3 months later...

this is the pacific dory at gooses, was quite good

IMG_0836.jpg

Went there in October, the food was really nice but the service was poor. Took nearly an hour from ordering till getting the food, other people who were there were complaining too. I would still go back though.

Went there a few months back, had cod,chips,and mush peas,was quite nice,the place was

very clean but it did take a while or the food to come.

All in all good food,ok price,clean,but slow service. :Chokdee:

• 3 weeks later...

mess 1 - thats a top tip............

driven past the place many times but never tried......

Have become a sceptic after trying the "authentic" fish and chips at Simons in Jomtien - i'd give them 2/10 for quality and welcoming attitude of he owner 0/10 (basil fawlty is alive and well and living in jomtien......)

My favourite to date has been at "seaside" (down little alley opp go go bar in Soi 7 beach road) - good value at 150b, but their miserable staff and 3rd rate service don't make it much of an experience...........

this is the pacific dory at gooses, was quite good

Never having tried fish n' chip's I decided to give it a try to see what all the fuss was about. My friend and I found an Irish pub on 2nd Road, I believe it was close to soi 13. After an Irish Car Bomb or two, I decided to go for the fish n' chips. The chips and mushy peas were pretty good. The peas actually kicked ass, I've never had them prepared like that, but the fish was way to greasy. I think next time I try Gooses pacific dory. The fish looks pretty good.

• 4 months later...

It was ok at the Goose, but not as good as Goremans in the UK, there was only 1 other person in the place when I went. I like their funny advert on Pattaya TV when they interview a regular and he says I love it I go there twice a month or every third week something like that, ha-ha with regulars like that the place would close down.

Archived